test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Beacon of Kahless

westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 8,479 Arc User
Could the developers PLEASE revisit the concept behind the visual effect here?

I mean... a supposedly "friendly" and "helpful" power... which when used creates a BLINDING WHITE SCREEN for several seconds... not just for the user but for their teammates as well?

I get the concept, but could we please either tone it down, and/or make it affect the user only?

Comments

• fallwindsfallwinds Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I agree. This causes undue physical harm to the players. In my case: eye pain, headaches and migraines.
  • syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    There is some way you can change your game play settings to a point where the beacon doesn't make your screen flash.
    Try setting visual fx settings to medium and turning post processing effects off. I'm not sure that is how but i think it is.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    This is a feature designed to attack the trust fund baby. Intense periods of light from kahless make them go crazy and throw money in every direction and this feature is needed so that STO can keep running.
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I've said plenty of times that the white flash thing must be removed. It serves no purpose whatsoever.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Yes this really bothers (like the one above I see no benefit in having this effect in a "blinding" way) and I hope it will be changed
  • cha0tic1acha0tic1a Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    FX spam needs calming down all over. Very often I am trying to fly around/target stuff and all I have is a white screen from the science abilities visuals. Really annoying, I'd like the option to either turn it off totally or tone it down.
  • syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Could do what I do, Turn lighting 2.0 and post processing effects off and the beacon is not an issue.
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Could do what I do, Turn lighting 2.0 and post processing effects off and the beacon is not an issue.
    And the DS9 is so dark you can't tell the a door from Odo.