test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random TFOs on cooldown

alfred#7355 alfred Member Posts: 15 Arc User
Hello Cryptic. Could you please put the random TFOs on a cooldown after one does one?!
First off, I find myself doing Azure Nebula 80% of the time. Thats bad enough as is because boring but if I join another random TFO and get put in that same mission again.. thats just horrible.

Please add a 20 minute cooldown or something so we dont get put in the same missions over n over. Id rather wait for a different one than this. Its frustrating.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    Hello Cryptic. Could you please put the random TFOs on a cooldown after one does one?!
    First off, I find myself doing Azure Nebula 80% of the time. Thats bad enough as is because boring but if I join another random TFO and get put in that same mission again.. thats just horrible.

Please add a 20 minute cooldown or something so we dont get put in the same missions over n over. Id rather wait for a different one than this. Its frustrating.

The RTFO system was meant to fill in TFOs that other people queued for but would not fill without help. Since the personal endeavor system came online that tends to be whatever a lot of people have the endeavors for, and since the endeavor scheduling is not truly random it tends to happen in clumps and the biggest clump lately is probably Azure.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    OP might be on console. Azure was a Universal endeavor last weekend so everyone had it for 3 days.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    They already have cooldowns.
  • alfred#7355 alfred Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I am on console, yeah.
    If it already has a cooldown .. It's really short.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    I am on console, yeah.
    If it already has a cooldown .. It's really short.

This will keep happening to you on weekends when the universal endeavor is a TFO, since people will do the universal endeavor all 3 days.

"Random" really means "you will get something you didn't choose, to help other people who want to pick some specific TFO."

The bright side is that you get extra rewards for helping them, and you benefit from the system yourself when you need a specific TFO for a personal endeavor or to get specific marks or elite marks.

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    It’s a bit hard to discuss anything PvE related nowadays without getting stigmatized as somebody who spreads doom.

There are so very few playing this part of STO left that any hope for any sort of randomization the RTFO system intended cannot function anymore.

If I sign up for Azure right here right now anybody who reads this has a 100% chance to land in it via rtfo because there is no one else slecting any other map at the same time.

Considering how long rtfo queues take to start it is more than obvious that there are less than 4 other players in game at any second of time willing to play (ANYTHING !). The other day it took me over 3 minutes to get those 4 other players.

Hard to remember that I once had a window in this game showing more than 800 peeps in CCA.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    People signing up for queues doesn't include people in queues. There could well be 800 people in queues at the same time, but at the moment only 3 ready to go for any given new one.

Endeavors complicate this, requiring people to sign up for specific queues unless they want to gamble on randoms (which works well for borg queues.)

Most of the time I get in a queue very quickly as random.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    People signing up for queues doesn't include people in queues. There could well be 800 people in queues at the same time, but at the moment only 3 ready to go for any given new one.

Endeavors complicate this, requiring people to sign up for specific queues unless they want to gamble on randoms (which works well for borg queues.)

Most of the time I get in a queue very quickly as random.

Yep PvE is alive, well and to be honest it is stronger than ever.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
This discussion has been closed.