test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] THE PHOENIX PRIZE PACK RETURNS!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,246 Community Moderator
We are excited to announce the return of the Phoenix Prize Pack, which returns to Star Trek Online on PC from November 25th at 10AM PT til December 2nd at 10am PT.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11313913-the-phoenix-prize-pack-returns!
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch

Comments

• trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Just my suggestion but if you are a veteran player or even semi active the most rare drop the epic ones don't really have anything that really could be considered epic. These did help out the dilithium exchange when they first came out but they kind of need that demand back with some more carrot on the stick. One idea I thought for this is there are many good c-store ships/packs that are not starfleet and not klingon or romulan staple kind of ships. More or less they are what I would view as ships that you would primarily use for alts like race based ones for example andorian, lethean, gorn, orion, dewan, caitian, ferasan, etc. Possibly a removal of those kinds of packs from the c-store and into the epic or ultra rare sections. So with epic you could get the whole pack and would be account wide but if you used ultra rare ones it could be like a one ship per character basis. So there could be ships in the future alt based like these that would be released via pheonix packs as a way to reinforce value. Especially since winning the epic ones I would kind of like there to be something to spend them on lol.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Just my suggestion but if you are a veteran player or even semi active the most rare drop the epic ones don't really have anything that really could be considered epic. These did help out the dilithium exchange when they first came out but they kind of need that demand back with some more carrot on the stick. One idea I thought for this is there are many good c-store ships/packs that are not starfleet and not klingon or romulan staple kind of ships. More or less they are what I would view as ships that you would primarily use for alts like race based ones for example andorian, lethean, gorn, orion, dewan, caitian, ferasan, etc. Possibly a removal of those kinds of packs from the c-store and into the epic or ultra rare sections. So with epic you could get the whole pack and would be account wide but if you used ultra rare ones it could be like a one ship per character basis. So there could be ships in the future alt based like these that would be released via phoenix packs as a way to reinforce value. Especially since winning the epic ones I would kind of like there to be something to spend them on lol.

This would not be a good idea since they would be losing C-Store sales by implementing it. With that said, I would like the consumable pets in the Phoenix Box to lose their consumable status and actually become a permanent pet like the Dilithium Encrusted Horta, Mugato Leash, etc. Would like if they would increase the drop rate of Epic tokens so I can finally get that Tier 5 Risian Corvette, still trying to get that sucker on my main character. The drop rates for Uncommon and the rest are OK to me.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    Let me reiterate: They should have updated it too: Event ships, no matter how old they are, belong in the Phoenix not Lobi. And Definitely Not Mudd's!
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Holy TRIBBLE! Zen is 500 DIL
    RELEASE THE PHOENIX BOXES!

- Cryptic Probably. :D
    duasyn wrote: »

No doubt. I just hope they release a better Black Friday Sale ON BLACK FRIDAY...when I get paid...
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    in my area of the USA Black Friday started LAST week LOL. Oh and on a Monday.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Well, I got to finish one of the dangling Phoenix Box missions I have on my main Jem'Hadar character last night (the Phoenix box thing showed up in the start up UI thing. Good thing, I keep on forgetting to get his done whenever the PB pops up! :smiley:
    Also, I wonder when they'll release the hounds!?

I mean the Patch notes (if any) for today.

Probably at 12 PM EST (9 PM PST) unless it is just server maintenance and no patches since Thursday is Thanksgiving in the United States.
    Let me reiterate: They should have updated it too: Event ships, no matter how old they are, belong in the Phoenix not Lobi. And Definitely Not Mudd's!

What Lobi ship is in Mudd's Market? That Vizier was a WizKids code that came with the Enterprise-E.

Event ship, it was not.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    duasyn wrote: »

But again, if they wanted to have any real impact on the exchange rate.. they screwed it up.

They got it right with step one.. the upgrade weekend with no phoenix boxes. If they really wanted to stabilize the Dilithium Exchange though, they should have waited until the 'Black Friday' sales were over and then dropped the Phoenix Boxes without any concurrent Zen Store sales.

But since Cryptic won't go 5 seconds without a sale of some kind, the chances are slim that we'll ever see the rate come down by any real serious amount. Guess 450-470 is the best we can hope for anymore.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Just my suggestion but if you are a veteran player or even semi active the most rare drop the epic ones don't really have anything that really could be considered epic. These did help out the dilithium exchange when they first came out but they kind of need that demand back with some more carrot on the stick. One idea I thought for this is there are many good c-store ships/packs that are not starfleet and not klingon or romulan staple kind of ships. More or less they are what I would view as ships that you would primarily use for alts like race based ones for example andorian, lethean, gorn, orion, dewan, caitian, ferasan, etc. Possibly a removal of those kinds of packs from the c-store and into the epic or ultra rare sections. So with epic you could get the whole pack and would be account wide but if you used ultra rare ones it could be like a one ship per character basis. So there could be ships in the future alt based like these that would be released via pheonix packs as a way to reinforce value. Especially since winning the epic ones I would kind of like there to be something to spend them on lol.

I'm not sure they'd ever put any T6 zen ship into the epic token. I do think they should shove most T1-5 zen ships in there though. With ship scaling, what is even the point of them besides the consoles for sets? Maybe the T1/2 ships for rare tokens, T3/4 for UR, and T5 for epic.
  • divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    It would be nice to get an ultra rare or epic token. 350 phoenix boxes opened yesterday and never saw one. :(
    Ummm, Phoenix mission thing's not working right now, apparently it ended in Dec.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Some may not agree with me but if you look at it from the company and customer perspective you have ships that generally do not sell well because of a combination of being ships you would just use on alts and an extremely high conversion rate from dilithium to zen. So then you have the phoenix packs which one of the purposes of them is creating demand to lower that conversion rate but yet its higher rarity with very low drop rates have very little value. So what I am saying is things that are not selling well in one way would sell these packs where they are doing more for pwe and cryptic in a different way than they intended to benefit everyone. So after time what happens is all these ships can be viewed as obtainable either from phoenix packs and c-store just a matter of shuffling them around in the right places.
    edited November 2019

What Lobi ship is in Mudd's Market? That Vizier was a WizKids code that came with the Enterprise-E.

Event ship, it was not.

None yet. But the Solanae "basic" carrier and Dyson science destroyers with warp core and secondary deflector are not in the T5 section, with the Dyson still in the Lobi store.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Some may not agree with me but if you look at it from the company and customer perspective you have ships that generally do not sell well because of a combination of being ships you would just use on alts and an extremely high conversion rate from dilithium to zen. So then you have the phoenix packs which one of the purposes of them is creating demand to lower that conversion rate but yet its higher rarity with very low drop rates have very little value. So what I am saying is things that are not selling well in one way would sell these packs where they are doing more for pwe and cryptic in a different way than they intended to benefit everyone. So after time what happens is all these ships can be viewed as obtainable either from phoenix packs and c-store just a matter of shuffling them around in the right places.

Dil sales don't make Cryptic any money. Zen sales make them money to pay salaries and keep the servers running.

A "low selling" C-Store ship still brings in money.

Keeping the dil market below 500 has some "game play experience" value to Cryptic but it still does not directly benefit them like cash money.

Dil sales don't make Cryptic any money. Zen sales make them money to pay salaries and keep the servers running.

Keeping the dil market below 500 has some "game play experience" value to Cryptic but it still does not directly benefit them like cash money.

I don't quite agree with that. The entire point of the dilithium market is that people buy zen specifically to trade for dilithium. If dilithium is so plentiful that it has very low value, why would people want to buy zen to buy dilithium? At least they get far more dilithium for their zen and thus need to buy less zen.

I don't quite agree with that. The entire point of the dilithium market is that people buy zen specifically to trade for dilithium. If dilithium is so plentiful that it has very low value, why would people want to buy zen to buy dilithium? At least they get far more dilithium for their zen and thus need to buy less zen.

Fair point, but if the exchange drops too far and the zen value goes lower then people decide not to spend zen on dil because it's too expensive. Zen sellers (the people giving Cryptic money) like a high amount of dil per zen.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    Just the thing to drive the exchange rate back down! :D
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,932 Arc User
    No doubt. I just hope they release a better Black Friday Sale ON BLACK FRIDAY...when I get paid...
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Don't be silly. The whole thing has gotten so preposterous that, for ALL retailers etc, 'Black Friday' actually starts two weeks before the actual day, and - ironically - on a Monday.
    Anyone remember that episode of Sliders where there was Christmas Day and then Christmas-shopping lasting for the other 364 days...?
    Anyone feel that's the way we're heading yet?
    No?
    How about now?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    sthe91 wrote: »

Probably at 12 PM EST (9 PM PST) unless it is just server maintenance and no patches since Thursday is Thanksgiving in the United States.

And it shows. The Phoenix Box missions from the Ferengi are not available to me, the only thing I can do is spend Dilithium at the PB stores/Ferrengi after completing my older mission from several PB events ago.

Hopefully it'll be fixed the next time the Phoenix Box event rears it's head again.
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User

And it shows. The Phoenix Box missions from the Ferengi are not available to me, the only thing I can do is spend Dilithium at the PB stores/Ferrengi after completing my older mission from several PB events ago.

Hopefully it'll be fixed the next time the Phoenix Box event rears it's head again.

Have you looked in your available mission area?
    The mission is there just like the "hearts and minds".

And baring that just you know walk up to the guy in Drozana. Can get it like that as well.

I could be wrong if you have some unresolved issue on your toon's. But i had to walk up the first night and talk direct so i do know its available.
    To be or not to be: B)

Have you looked in your available mission area?
    The mission is there just like the "hearts and minds".

And baring that just you know walk up to the guy in Drozana. Can get it like that as well.

I could be wrong if you have some unresolved issue on your toon's. But i had to walk up the first night and talk direct so i do know its available.

I walked up to the contact on DS9 last night and tonight, it worked for me.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    divvydend wrote: »
    It would be nice to get an ultra rare or epic token. 350 phoenix boxes opened yesterday and never saw one. :(

I didn't invest & open that many but I'm in the same boat, not a Ultra Rare nor EPic out of my 100+.

I'm not even as interested though since nothing new was added, but I think the previous Phoenix time Cryptic had added a few lower-tiered items.

Fair point, but if the exchange drops too far and the zen value goes lower then people decide not to spend zen on dil because it's too expensive. Zen sellers (the people giving Cryptic money) like a high amount of dil per zen.

I don't imagine I'll ever see 50 dil per zen again. No, market forces will take over. The problem of course, is that at cap, market forces can't work. They do need to come up with another solution for dilithium.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2019

I didn't invest & open that many but I'm in the same boat, not a Ultra Rare nor EPic out of my 100+.

I'm not even as interested though since nothing new was added, but I think the previous Phoenix time Cryptic had added a few lower-tiered items.
    From my experience, the odds of getting a UR is about 1 in 500 and Epic is 1 in 2,500 going by how many I've opened. Because I already have all the ships in the epic category I can't use them and I can't justify breaking them down into UR since those are only T5 and the set bonuses are pretty meh, far as I can see.
    Ummm, Phoenix mission thing's not working right now, apparently it ended in Dec.

The Phoenix mission is working. I did it last night. You need to go to either DS9 or Drozana to the Ferengi contact there. It is in your Available missions tab. So please get on to one of those stations and get your free Phoenix prize pack today. Thanks. :)
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2019

The Phoenix mission is working. I did it last night. You need to go to either DS9 or Drozana to the Ferengi contact there. It is in your Available missions tab. So please get on to one of those stations and get your free Phoenix prize pack today. Thanks. :)

Well, the mission itself is working, when you travel to the Drozana station by yourself... but the event was/is still marked as
    "January 1, 1:00am - 1:00am"
    "Ended"
    in the Journal Overview, so something is bugged with this event atm., and the event isn't in the Calendar as well.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

From my experience, the odds of getting a UR is about 1 in 500 and Epic is 1 in 2,500 going by how many I've opened. Because I already have all the ships in the epic category I can't use them and I can't justify breaking them down into UR since those are only T5 and the set bonuses are pretty meh, far as I can see.

Those odds are so depressing lol I hate how the gambling has permeated throughout STO, but that's why, most times, I usually only play the Phoenixes for the upgrading.

The Ultra Rare selection does seem pretty weak. I wouldn't break any of those higher-tier tokens down neither.
This discussion has been closed.