Install Arc

Please give us the USS Altair

shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
Saw this would love to have one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0jxFaIltfs
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    The Altair would be a nice ship to have if they do go into the preliminary designs (which the devs actually did do with one of the Klingon ships come to think of it).

Another one would be the flat four-engine "tennis racket" version of the Excelsior design (a model of which was built and was actually shown in the ship storage area in one of the TNG episodes, along with the original McQuarrie ship the Crossfield is very loosely based on).
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    The Cestus frigates that are unlocked with the Universe class dreadnought are based on the Altair's design.

So eh... get a 26th century promo ship pack ;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Why does it look like a cardassian ship?
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Technically it is from Voyager, (in fact it WAS the Voyager at one stage of the show development) but that design was dropped and the more conventional one seen in the show was used instead. The model as shown was never onscreen as a separate ship, but the shooting model was recycled as the secondary hull of the Universe class ship (though last minute changes made only the nacelles visible with the rest streamlined to the point of unrecognizability) so technically it did appear onscreen in a way.

Later on it appeared in Ships of the Line with a new background written by Okuda as the prototype for the failed Altair class

There would be no IP issues with it as such since it was an internally developed design for Voyager, though CBS may not feel like authorizing it either.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    it looks like a backwards death glider​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Just make the Cestus Frigates playable.. or every frigate playable, and that's it, i know i'll love to fly a romulan drome!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Just make the Cestus Frigates playable.. or every frigate playable, and that's it, i know i'll love to fly a romulan drome!

This idea deserves a Nobel prize.

I would love to fly a Xindi Mobulai ship.

And the Cestus too.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Where is it from? If it isn't from a ViacomCBS film or series (basically all past canon Trek) or an IDW Discovery comic it's not going to happen. I can't say I've ever heard of it.

Eaglemoss ship
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
    not a fan
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

And the Cestus too.

Yes the Mobulai is amazing!... and also the new Jem'Hadar Attack frigates!, i don't know why they dont do it, they already have the ships, a little uplift in details and textures, and we would have an entire set of new ships to buy!... hey, @ambassadorkael#6946 why not pass allong the idea??, there is a lot of us willing to buy those!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

And the Cestus too.
    Drones are Hax for space damage endeavors. Need to do Tetryon damage? go fight Tholians! Etc...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Why does it look like a cardassian ship?

That's what I was thinking. As far as I know no one said the Cardassian's didn't help design it.
This discussion has been closed.