test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

EV Suit visual bug

2»

Comments

• errikos#6009 errikos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    response from a GM below -- TL;DR was going to give them money :) , not any more :(

While I understand that this is not necessarily a snap-finger-fix, the response and the lack of direction will see me walk away from the game. Just needed to say we aren't closing the ticket, we will follow up, we will keep you included on any future updates(maybe this will fix, please check). Anything better than... yep, issue, we will fix(but not now and we do not know when), case closed.

Maybe I haven't spent enough, I was not even offered a rollback.
    Hello,
    Thank you for getting back to us.

Having looked into this further, it appears that you encountered a known gameplay bug that our development team is already looking into. While Customer Support is unable to assist right away with fixing potential bugs or glitches, the best thing that I could do for you at the moment is suggesting you directly submit a bug report. The information it contains will help the Development team in conducting the investigation. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/gameplay-bug-reports

I understand that this may be quite disappointing. These kinds of problems need time to be investigated in order for the fixes to be made and applied in-game. Your information and details provided about this problem will greatly help the development team with creating a fix for it. We appreciate any data that you can gather and post about it. You can check out the forums in case other players may have the same issue as yours and had a fix for it. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news

In the event that you still have other questions or concerns, do not hesitate to send us a new support ticket and we will be happy to help you. Live long and prosper!
    Regards,
    GM Valxr
    Game Master
  • rocketman33#0665 rocketman33 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    It's not fixed at all, except for individual cases where they may have offered a rollback. I just tried to mine with every e-suit I own and was allowed to activate each suit but was held & died every time. And the visual issue is still there, although it seems to alternate in the character window.
  • rocketman33#0665 rocketman33 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    It's not fixed at all, except for individual cases where they may have offered a rollback. I just tried to mine with every e-suit I own and was allowed to activate each suit but was held & died every time. And the visual issue is still there, although it seems to alternate in the character window.
  • malik2161malik2161 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I was encouraged by Cryptic GM Ovric to post my ev suit activation issue; presumably to encourage Cryptic. After further experimentation, i'm happy to say that in my case the problem is resolved. And my discoveries may help others.

The new (actually quite a while back introduction) activation mechanism places a widget above the Power tray. The widget can be obscured by your captain's portrait and/or active abilities if they are too close to the top left of the power tray. In this case, it may appear as if there's no way to activate the suit. There are actually two other ways to activate the suit! At the top right edge of the power tray is a tiny ev activation clicky. If you use a 4K monitor like i do, you may never have looked to see what it does; it is probably the cause of my issue, accidental de-activation of the suit and "NOT cleared when the suit is removed!" <== the bug!

The third way to activate the ev suit is to drag it from the skills (it's a skill?) tray into the power tray and use it from there.

The above descriptions are all for the PC. I have no idea where they may be on other platforms.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    My discovery person was wearing a Lifetime ev suit and it showed up on his character even thou he didnt have it activated.
    Activating and deactivating the suit made 0 difference. There was a time when this wasnt hapening, 3 yrs ago when i originally got my lifetime. but recently within the last 6 months ish this problem has been hapening on diff toons.