test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BLACK FRIDAY 2019 SALES

So, let me get this right. Are the 3 Black Friday sales separate of each other? After the 25th, will the Master Key sales end, or will they continue along with the other sales? The post they made makes absolutely no sense.

Comments

• lordwilmore415lordwilmore415 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Can someone clear this up for me? I don't want to waste any zen that I don't want to?
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Moderator already closed one thread for pointing out that the sale information was unclear. Apparently "read the ad" is supposed to anwer your question, even though the ad does not give the requested information.

It appears that each sale will have it's own start and end date. Thus, the Master Key sale will likely end on the 25th.

The "25% off everything in the store" sale, which the posted ad implies is available now, is not currently running. It is possible it will start on the 25th, or it may start on a separate timer, or it may be intended to be running now but they just forgot to turn it on.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    This sale announcement from November 22, 2019 to December 3, 2019 is for bonus Zen across all PWE games.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11311483-2019-black-friday-sale

This sale announcement from November 22, 2019 to December 2, 2019 is also for bonus Zen, but specific to Star Trek Online. Essentially advertising the same as above.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11311483-2019-black-friday-sale

This sale announcement from November 22, 2019 to November 25, 2019 is specifically for 30% off Master Keys in Star Trek Online.

Granted, the pictures in the PWE announcement confuses things a bit, but if you read the actual text in Star Trek Online sales announcements, it's quite clear what is specifically going on in STO and when.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    This would be the portion I found unclear and/or incorrect:

imagebebecc9c474c0d6c.png

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    This would be the portion I found unclear and/or incorrect:

imagebebecc9c474c0d6c.png

That is probably sale #2 or #3. The STO news post says:
    - There will be 3 sales
    - The first sale is on keys
    Perhaps I was unclear. I am not questioning the current sale. I am not questioning the few dates they posted.

I'm stating that putting up an ad, with a bolded "In-Game Sales" followed by "are now available" inside a chevron pointing directly at "Star Trek Online 25% or more off everything in the store" is either unclear or incorrect. Particularly when clicking on the "learn more" button gives you zero additional info on that sale.

I assume, as you did, that this refers to a later sale and they were simply blind to the notion that posting a sale directly under a "now available" tag would imply the sale was on now. However, given Cryptic's past posting and date-scrambling history, that's a pretty iffy assumption.

Unclear info and missing dates that require customers to interpret and guess at what is actually happening is poor communication practice.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Perhaps I was unclear. I am not questioning the current sale. I am not questioning the few dates they posted.

I'm stating that putting up an ad, with a bolded "In-Game Sales" followed by "are now available" inside a chevron pointing directly at "Star Trek Online 25% or more off everything in the store" is either unclear or incorrect. Particularly when clicking on the "learn more" button gives you zero additional info on that sale.

I assume, as you did, that this refers to a later sale and they were simply blind to the notion that posting a sale directly under a "now available" tag would imply the sale was on now. However, given Cryptic's past posting and date-scrambling history, that's a pretty iffy assumption.

Unclear info and missing dates that require customers to interpret and guess at what is actually happening is poor communication practice.

Perhaps you incorrectly assumed it was a chevron and not some innocent design? Seriously, let it go already. Your like the only person in the world to not get it.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2019

Perhaps you incorrectly assumed it was a chevron and not some innocent design? Seriously, let it go already. Your like the only person in the world to not get it.

The ad is very badly designed and far from clear. 'Read the Ad' was an insulting reply and there is no need to be further insulting with your snarky attitude.

I'm not the least bit surprised that there is confusion, but apparently asking for clarification violates the forum rules.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    The ad in question with the banner and its admittedly confusing wording was actually posted by PWE and not Cryptic, so trolling the Cryptic devs for something PWE did is uncalled for. The hyperlink for said banner, though, does take one to Cryptic's posted ad about the key sale, a sale that is one in a series of upcoming sales. The PWE STO banner will likely, in future, point to those ads as they come out. The question is answered, and this is now just turning into a squabble over advertising verbiage. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.