test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Mandalorian (series discussion with spoilers)

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
Well, I'm loving this show. Who else is watching and what do you think?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

Comments

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    progresses a bit slowly. can see the money invested in visuals but the story is a bit dragged out
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Word is that its more of a passion project too. Something the showrunner WANTED to do rather than be told to do. And the attention to detail shows it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I don't have the service and cannot afford another streaming carrier so I will probably not ever see it. All the distribution fragmentation is a bad thing for the potential viewers.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    I found the series an interesting concept of how a Mandalorian is meant to act (and is now made canon based from non canon sources in legends) but this mandalorian has a past and it regaruly catches up to him in the way he acts.

Since the thread title says spoilers: When the Mandalorian turns on his employers in the now failed empire and last remnants of such an empire existed under seperate moffs and other such leaders, that baby yoda was rescued, it was clearly a moment that defined what was meant to be a morally flexible character who does the job and gets paid, for one that clearly chooses the hard path to save this toddler from the tests the empire plans to perform.

I found a few of the episodes not that great, because it deviates from the mysterious hardened warrior and the code of honor a Mandalorian has, like that aspect with that woman on that little known farming village and all that love.

It started getting better after that rescuing the prisoner from the new republic prison ship, but that shows how devious the Mandalorian is and how his opponents underestimate his capability to think around them.

The final two episodes were real good, i liked them more than the others. We finally see the face of our mysterious Mandalorian, plus his name. we learn he has a greater purpose, it is possible we may finally get a name to the species of people that Yoda and this child are from in season 2.

I especially liked Moff Gideon, he is smart, pays attention to detail, but he wants his cake and eat it too. He also has the darksaber that Pre Viszla once possessed and used against Darth Maul on Mandalore in the Sundari royal palace before Pre lost his head.

Hopefully Season 2 kicks things off into gear and we see more of the galaxy between episode 6 and episode 7 of the skywalker saga.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    When I saw the darksaber I was like...
    saucy-cat-says-no-177408.gif

Dis gonna be good...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)