test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mudd's Market - Discussion and Feedback

Comments

• dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    I know this is going to be unpopular, but I think this is a fair compromise. The Zen store should have been always index against inflation. What this means is that every year the prices would go up for newer content. Between years of 2009 and 2019 the US has gone up 20% this would mean that a ship costing 3000 Zen should be costing 3600 Zen or 600 Zen more than 10yrs ago. This would help Cryptic offset costs, and at the same time, the cost per ship would only go up <2% per year.

After the holiday season, say February 1st all the Zen store prices could be rebased. This slow increase over time would be much more palatable then the look now everything is double or tripled now.

The Zen cost isnt the real world price of the ship. I am sure Perfect World are always happy to constantly increase the cost of how much we pay for zen, no need to double that increase by applying it to the store as well and decides which part of the worlds inflation would we use? Are you not instead suggesting a rarity inflation cost to increase the cost of ships the longer they have been released which personally I think is a tterrible idea and actually would likely reduce PW incomes.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    dirlettia wrote: »
    The Zen cost isnt the real world price of the ship. I am sure Perfect World are always happy to constantly increase the cost of how much we pay for zen, no need to double that increase by applying it to the store as well and decides which part of the worlds inflation would we use? Are you not instead suggesting a rarity inflation cost to increase the cost of ships the longer they have been released which personally I think is a tterrible idea and actually would likely reduce PW incomes.

Let me rephrase that, they don’t have to increase the cost of existing ships. A Ship from 2009 can still cost 3000Z, it just that a ships released every year would go up in price slightly 2019 may cost 3600Z. Hence the store should have been always index against inflation. Its a little too late to put the toothpase back in the tube, but it is a strategy going forward. I don’t think that many would really scoff at 50 cents YoY. Everything from, coffee high-end merch does it this way I don’t see mass people boycotting all those items.
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    I didn't think people were this interested in those things. The Boffs maybe or the ship but, it's interesting to see the value of these items that i feel personally have no real value.

Though i did expect them to take some liberties, an inch here or there but not a mile lol, i like it though. There should never be limits on shamelessness.

Personally i don't agree with the the response but i do understand the sentiment and i kinda wish that there was a disclaimer to help explain the joke a lot better as they alwaaaaaaaaays post with ships. Something like (Be for warned this is is a joke and the prices will always fluctuate, do not accept this as face value.) I mean i have no idea who mudd is so i def didn't get the subtle inside joke but i did get the jest of it.

I mean you would assume they would know this by now. When they release their ships disclaimer and then change it people respond the same way.

They probably should have had this Mudd character ham it up even more specially if he is a bad conman and what not and had him state something akin to:

"Well this particular item is sold for around 1200-1600 zen but for you specifically my friend, don't tell anyone but i will sale it to you for the low low low today only price of 8000000 zen, what do you say? Take it or leave it, today only its this tomorrow who knows."

That to me would have clued more characters in on the joke. I personally don't advocate for playing around with a persons wants and desires like that but that's just me. I mean, i am certain you will have plenty of CC companies and financial institutes registering refunds left and right and slapping black marks all over your company when customers who payed some of the outlandish prices realize they've been bamboozled. And those types of companies don't seem to smile when you say hey it was just a joke i didn't expect them to pay it. But did you then refund them? Who knows. I mean if B. Madoff could have gotten away with it was a just a joke i wonder what the response would have been.

Not sure who would pay those prices, for those specific items, well other then the 7 boffs that's probally the only value there but as they say a fool and their money are soon be parted.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    As someone who's been sitting on a handful of WizKids promo ships with codes for the Vizier, the existence of this market truly pisses me off.

You sat to long. ^^

It's only been about two and a half years since I got them, I was prepared to wait a lot longer since the ship was supposed to be exclusive to the wizkids promotion. Clearly Cryptic can't be trusted to keep their word about anything.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAlTOfl9F2w
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Every year at this time I get my Christmas bonus from work and promptly spend fifty dollars of it on zen; my gift to myself. This year I'll spend it elsewhere. I'm not boycotting the game or anything silly I just don't like this cash grab and taking advantage of newer players. Selling items that most of us earned for free just doesn't seem right.

Also, to the developers, I remember the last time you ran the missions to earn the Reman and Breen Boffs plus the shard and cane. Some of my alts had missed them and I was pretty excited, just from a collectors stand point mind you as I never use them, to grind those missions again to obtain them. The forum reaction was obviously positive and a happy community is a spending community. Compare that reaction to this reaction. At a guess your reputation is now mud.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • blackshap9#1072 blackshap9 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    ... your reputation is now mud.

haha good one! ^^
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User

loucosta wrote: »

The skies falling!?!?!?!?! (holds up umbrella like wylie coyote)

Watches Anvil fall thru umbrella! :)

• roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Well mudd is one of my all time loved person's from Tos. Right after Kirk, Bones, Spock, and Montgomery Scott.

So i do get the reference to him being a scoundrel and a sales man. but i do agree this was implemented wrong in the random nature and sale pricing ideal.

When you are asking some one to spend real money for a unlimited digital item you at least need to be more up front and on the level. No matter if the person trades dil for zen.

Some one had to pay for that zen with real money either in a LTS and its 500 zen a month or in zen purchase direct.

As to the tab in the store i like the ideal of a shop that provides access to items that were from the past. I have said many times in game and a few on the forums the exclusivity needs to end being a eternal duration. Give the item a year or two at max then load it to the store so new players and returning ones can have access. the person there had it free others can pay for it.

My problem is in price it is outlandish to something that is already in game, needs no new changes or code save placing something in your store. and if some how it takes a lot of work to get a new item in the zen store i would say that is a whole new area of bad code you need to correct if only one thing in the game is 100% bug free it would and should be your income cash shop.

I am considering a few purchases in the mudd's tab. and have no issue with them being there i am thrilled to have things being added to it besides ships or a service.

As a slight off topic part to this.

If you wanted to pay homage to the character of mudd, Kevas fajo, and the few times we see independent rogues in star trek. You have all you need to do it place him in a ship that wanders a area of space at random if a player finds it can beam aboard and buy trinkets that are over priced, malfunction, and so on for latinum. trinkets such as the device to transfer you direct to bajor, ds9, drozana, nimbus 3 and so on. and all the assorted trinkets from the lock box's once retired would be ideals as to what cookies, and so on.

Make a device that gives a mission reward of a item once you play it use to get a mission reward not run it again to get a set of 3 items you can run it once and then use 2 tokens to get the rest of the set. i would bet there is a nice ec and lat/dil sink for you as a person on there 5th alt running the same mission 3 times each starts making the mission old so kill 2 birds with one stone there. Several little things could work in this case and unless some one _______ the pooch in coding the defera patrol ship's has the coding to make them move all you would need is a random timing for them to appear and provide a travel path. near instant content as you have the ship inside already npc's made to sale only need a different coat of paint. and the trinkets have already been made as the fluff in lock box's transporter, food, hologram's that are malfunctioning to swap visuals.

You have all this already! Use it make the person mudd's distant grandchild so no need to get a actor or pay for the voice or looks. Have some one do it that is part of your live stream already employed.

End off topic.

In the end glad to have items from the past purchasable so big plus. Some what mad at the ______ me price's.
    Could have done better in its delivery. Need to be on the level when dealing with currency that is a 1 to 1 cent trade of real money.

Look forward to seeing how this plays out and hope if it is a failure it will not eradicate the chances of getting other past items with reasonable prices in the future.

Have fun every one.
    To be or not to be: B)
    Let's hope they don't decide to raise the cap of 500 in response to this. Not without raising the refining limit accordingly.
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Is there any info on the holo-BOFFs such as their traits and abilities? Unlike the Reman and Breen ones (my earlier toons already gained these via the missions and replays), the tab doesn't say what these guys can do.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Special_bridge_officer
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    On one hand, I'm glad the Vizier etc are available again (even though I have the ship already, it's nice that folks have the chance to get it again), but on the other hand... Whew, those full prices.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Let's hope they don't decide to raise the cap of 500 in response to this. Not without raising the refining limit accordingly.

Considering they raised the cap in Neverwinter (another Cryptic game published under Perfect World), I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if these moves were made in order to do the exact same thing here.

I hope not, but...?
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »

Considering they raised the cap in Neverwinter (another Cryptic game published under Perfect World), I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if these moves were made in order to do the exact same thing here.

I hope not, but...?

ah well that's bad news. I was hoping it was hardcoded directly into the mainframe. But yeah if they can raise it, it looks like they will.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    If the cap gets raised I will devote all dil to the fleet facility upgrades, and forget about the dil exchange.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    So, I'm just enjoying reading all of this. Some people are clearly going "overboard" in their reaction. It's not the not the end of the world, although it is a really dumb move. On the other hand, some people are doing the opposite of the ones previously mentioned. Instead of going "overboard" they are trying so hard to defend and downplay this like it doesn't matter. Like I said, it's not the end of the world. But it is a really dumb move, and people that can't even admit that are just as irrational as the people who think the sky is falling.

What also needs to be mentioned is, that no one is forcing anyone to buy anything. If the price isn't to your liking, you don't need to buy it. None of these items of P2W and essentially are just limited fluff.

What also needs to be mentioned is, that having a store with ridiculous prices is, well, ridiculous. :) At the very least pointless. Let me remind Mudd's potential customers of the 3rd Rule of Acquisition: "Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to."
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    And here I thought they were doing some cute little thing where the "original price" was a joke and the "sale price" was the intended price point. Sort of like an in-character thing like some of the descriptions on the items.

Boy did I think wrong, eh?

I have to wonder what that's gonna do to sale metrics. Are the metrics specific enough to know that these items won't sell because they're stupidly overpriced? Are the people responsible for interpreting those metrics going to know? Because if I learn in a year or two that they aren't adding anything to it due to poor sales, I'm gonna find the largest resolution version of that Nic Cage "Ya Don't Say" meme and post it as often as I can justify in the context of the threads.

Frankly I'm not sure why they even did this when the Phoenix Boxes already exist to do this exact thing but whatever.
  • crusaders4christcrusaders4christ Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Morning folks, I read Ambassador Kael tweets and I feel it is a disturbing idea or concept in regards to the Mudd Market. I too at first glance thought it was a hilarioys joke, akin to an early April's Fool joke, or a re-enactment of a TOS merchant.

The current sale price is at 75% off - I don't see it getting a much higher discount percentage, I am truly hoping there is a higher percentage off. Still said items are not worth their original prices. My question though, are they going to switch MUDD content on a weekly basis? Monthly? Quarterly? I at least would like to purchase the T6 Nagus marauder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Morning folks, I read Ambassador Kael tweets and I feel it is a disturbing idea or concept in regards to the Mudd Market. I too at first glance thought it was a hilarioys joke, akin to an early April's Fool joke, or a re-enactment of a TOS merchant.

The current sale price is at 75% off - I don't see it getting a much higher discount percentage, I am truly hoping there is a higher percentage off. Still said items are not worth their original prices. My question though, are they going to switch MUDD content on a weekly basis? Monthly? Quarterly? I at least would like to purchase the T6 Nagus marauder.

Based on the tweets they will apparently keep the existing items, but the current sale will end and if you want something you will have to pay the insane list prices until there are new sales.

They will probably also add new items, that also have really high list prices and will probably start off at some sale price.

They will also cycle through the items putting some of them on sale, with the sale discount varying over time.

So right now the vizier is 3500 then it goes to 8000 or whatever, then next month it goes to 2900 for a day, then back to 8000, then 3600, then 8000, ...

• hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    As someone who's been sitting on a handful of WizKids promo ships with codes for the Vizier, the existence of this market truly pisses me off.

You sat to long. ^^

It's only been about two and a half years since I got them, I was prepared to wait a lot longer since the ship was supposed to be exclusive to the wizkids promotion. Clearly Cryptic can't be trusted to keep their word about anything.

As @johnsills said, how dare they beat you to profiteering off those codes you were planning to scalp.

*plays tiny Vulcan lyre for you*
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    hfmudd wrote: »

You sat to long. ^^

As @johnsills said, how dare they beat you to profiteering off those codes you were planning to scalp.

*Accompanies with the universes smallest violin, so small you need an electron microscope to see it*
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    Well I have my cool cap on this time, when I first saw the MUDD store, I really blew a lid at the mere pricing. I am not over it yet, but I have to say is that I am at least happy that I acquired all those things long ago, including the Vizier Class starship. The only thing I do not own is the Doctor EMH Bridge Officer, which I really do not care much about.

I hate to say this, but I am waiting if they introduce the T6 Nagus Marauder and the TR-116 A Target promo weapon with the original skin, the one with the hologram yellowish glow. At least then maybe I will consider even dabbing in that dreaded CStore tab called MUDD market.

For those who do not care about the price and maybe looking for something, these are some of the things that I remember that were exclusive or once were:

Doctor Bashir and Geordi Bridge Officers
    KDF Ferengi Bridge Officer
    T6 Nagus Marauder
    TR-116A Target promo rifle
    I believe some unique Duty Officers <--- [If anyone know what they were, please share]
    The Brown Magato Pet
    T6 Mirrr universe Guardian cruiser
    Mirror universe shuttle

I forgot some other ones - If anyone want to add to my list, please share
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Actually, Cyrano Jones was the bigger con man, changing prices and such.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    The original mudd was a scoundrel and opportunist.

This iteration of mudd would make a ferengi shake their head about how amateurish they (mudd) are being over exploiting potential customers.

Chronodynamic armour was a bonus from getting the game on steam and there's also an amazon preorder borg boff although that one might also be spliced into the LTS perks. Armour was locked to mk2 until a short while ago but not bothered upgrading to 12 on anything so don't know stats.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    stark2k wrote: »
    Well I have my cool cap on this time, when I first saw the MUDD store, I really blew a lid at the mere pricing. I am not over it yet, but I have to say is that I am at least happy that I acquired all those things long ago, including the Vizier Class starship. The only thing I do not own is the Doctor EMH Bridge Officer, which I really do not care much about.

I hate to say this, but I am waiting if they introduce the T6 Nagus Marauder and the TR-116 A Target promo weapon with the original skin, the one with the hologram yellowish glow. At least then maybe I will consider even dabbing in that dreaded CStore tab called MUDD market.

For those who do not care about the price and maybe looking for something, these are some of the things that I remember that were exclusive or once were:

Doctor Bashir and Geordi Bridge Officers
    KDF Ferengi Bridge Officer
    T6 Nagus Marauder
    TR-116A Target promo rifle
    I believe some unique Duty Officers <--- [If anyone know what they were, please share]
    The Brown Magato Pet
    T6 Mirrr universe Guardian cruiser
    Mirror universe shuttle

I forgot some other ones - If anyone want to add to my list, please share

I would also like to see them expand on what is offered with new stuff. Like a TNG holo bridge officer set, more Mirror T6 ships, Engineering and Science Breen officers, and so on. The store, in my opinion, comes off as a premium fluff shop. GIVE ME MORE FLUFF!!! :D I'd rather shell out 8,000 ZEN for a ship than take my chances with a Lock Box for a limited exclusive.
  • banshirbanshir Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    stark2k wrote: »

I have the Target rifle. It does not have the hologram anymore.
  • feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    Don't forget to put on some of the white tribbles for 1000 Zen (Regular 4000). I can't get enough of those.
    Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
    * With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
    sarah2774 wrote: »
    Is there any info on the holo-BOFFs such as their traits and abilities? Unlike the Reman and Breen ones (my earlier toons already gained these via the missions and replays), the tab doesn't say what these guys can do.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Special_bridge_officer
    Well according to the Wiki, the Holo-Uhura is an Engineering officer with the tactician space trait, which might be useful. Spock and Scotty have astrophysicist and techie, respectively. The latter traits seems far rarer than the former. And because Kirk was unavailable they substituted Rand instead.
    burstorion wrote: »
    hfmudd wrote: »

You sat to long. ^^

*Accompanies with the universes smallest violin, so small you need an electron microscope to see it*
    Oh boo hoo! Let me play a sad song for you on the world's smallest violin.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    So the people who were so proud to see the “joke” were wrong. Those are actual prices.
This discussion has been closed.