test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mudd's Market - Discussion and Feedback

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The sad part is that I have seen posts from some in these Forums that have used that 14,000 or so Zen figure saying they would pay it if the T6 Constitution was put in the C-Store.

The chickens have come home to roost.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I had a feeling that the prices on these would be higher than they should but having seen them I was surprised to see that they are even more overpriced than I thought they'd be.

Also pretty disgusting that they're being shown as on a 75% "sale" when they are apparently limited time and never going to be sold at the 14k for a single ship nonsense. This is the same keech bugthesda got into bother for with seasonal festive tat in failout76.

F2P Greedonomics at its worst.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And I was predicting that the Items that were being paired with an Ultimate Tech Upgrade was being done to justify a 1,000 Zen price. Boy, was I off the mark by a football field.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I wonder if one can still be able to get the EMH doc from the phoenix boxes?​​

The EMH for the Phoenix Box is a Duty Officer, who was part of the Delta Rising episode rewards. The Bridge Officer version was one of the thank you gifts for those who attended conventions (and also one of the prizes that was offered for those who entered online contests during that period). :smiley:
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    I wonder if one can still be able to get the EMH doc from the phoenix boxes?​​

The EMH for the Phoenix Box is a Duty Officer, who was part of the Delta Rising episode rewards. The Bridge Officer version was one of the thank you gifts for those who attended conventions (and also one of the prizes that was offered for those who entered online contests during that period). :smiley:

No, there's an actual EMH BOff you can get from the Phoenix store. Got one for a KDF character a couple weeks ago. I think the difference is that the Phoenix version is single-character unlock, whereas the Mudd's Market one is account unlock. ...At least I should hope it is, at that price.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2019
    Items in Mudds Market seriously overpriced. Most of that use to be FREE - The cost you have listed there for ALL the items makes them unobtainable, I for one will NOT spend what you have listed for anything that use to be free.
    At the current conversion of Dil to Zen, I WONT be making Zen anytime soon. Dil chest slams shut with a padlock at 350 per Zen I was actually considering 3 items prior to it going live, howeer, now, NADA!. I have not played since yesterday and following what happened in Mudd/s Market I find myself disinterested in playing at all and taking a break this weekend from the game other than admiralty *disgusted with that also* and the event *majorly disgusted with that also*!

Yea I admit I won't sell DIL either for anything more than 350:1 now their may be some willing to SELL or give it away, but I stop selling DIL just as you when they want more. So just as they say in Mudd's Market I'd offer, "Only a fool sell's DIL for more than 350:1 - 375:1".

The balancing force however is # buyers and quantities verses sellers and quantities. o:)

Back to Mudd.

I think honestly thought the problem is the FULL price is 1.25-2.5x higher (depending on item) than 95% of the player base will pay.

The one exception I'd say is the Bridge Officer pricing is very fair, given they are reclaimable for each character, not 600 ZEN like several others. The exceptions are the Cyborg MW & Kling MW Bridge Officer's which are also account-wide as is 0718 for FED's!

Of course that is just my opinion, but apparently even they agree?

"Only a sucker would buy this at full price..." So I guess they are trying to portray Mudd as his character a true Villian, and we 'might' see a few sales once the Introductory sale is off for possibly slightly more, yet will vary after the initial sale depending on sales, he might also choose to instead delist a few items at different times or swapping out some items for new ones for sale, so only purchased items are reclaimable.

I'm mostly confused about the Vizier Price for the Command Assault Cruiser at 14000 ZEN; only cause the entire Gamma Vanguard Pack is 13000 (if you got the Vanguard Starter pack) and it includes, 6 T6 Starships (with Traits when earned) and 3 T5 Starships upgradable to T5U; if you already have the Starship Traits then T5U Ships are just as effective. That's like getting 2 T6 Ships for Free + the several other bundled items. Cause remember it also includes the Playable Cardassian race which have a nice Personal Space Trait, and they throw in 3 Gamma Vanguard Bridge Officer's, and EV Suit, with some Tech and XP Boosts.

So my only guess for the Vizier, given that some pay +150-200.00 to trade keys for Lockbox ship or R&D Ships, that is for a single character; my only guess it's them 'testing' to see as they claimed if perhaps 'a few' Lockbox ships perhaps (not) everyone however might be account-wide in future? I'd certainly see them mixing it up with the Top End Ships still being single character; yet a few secondary Prize Ship options being Account-Wide. I know it certainly makes sense for Phoenix Event Ships, yet that is just a guess so we'll have to wait and see? :*
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    arakim5 wrote: »
    140 dollars for a t6 non-fleet cruiser is obviously a joke, we only pay that kind of money for Lobi ships. See, I can be subtle too.

In other news...

Has anyone seen the dil market? When has dil ever hit the cap of 500/zen? I'm gonna play a lot this weekend, because it feels like something bad is coming.

Yep. It's hit the cap a few times in the past. It's not just the Mudd's Market that's causing this. Key sale, with an upgrade weekend thrown on top.

The only time it got close to cap was on June 30, 2016 at 490. It stayed high until July 14th.

Again I think anybody who sells DIL for more than 350-375:1, well they are just giving it away, it takes too long and you work too hard to earn it, as the person above also noted.
    leemwatson wrote: »
    I will admit, the Free Episode/Event Devices items are way over-priced, but the price of everything is okay I suppose, however I will point out the price of the new Faction Elite Starter packs, which are 2k Zen, saving about 1.5k on the full price and it has a T6 in it!

Yea as I stated above I thought the Bridge Officer pricing even at FULL price is a reasonable ask; but it depends how many character's you play.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    So basically, when the original crazy prices are only listed, it would be best to pretend they’re not available and just wait for them to go on “sale.”
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2019
    foxman00 wrote: »

Seems my understanding posted above, was fairly accurate. I also do honestly believe the price for Bridge Officer is very fair especially if you have more than 7 character's you regularly play.

600 ZEN x 7 = 4200 ZEN so I slight savings (200) off the individual purchased Bridge Officers. ;)

For other items we'll have to watch, for what I suspected would be Mudd needing revenue, as he offers even higher discounts at times.
    0zxlclk.png
  • keppabar42keppabar42 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    The Irony is I had really wanted to get the dinosaur pet, and the price while excessive is not so bad I would have refused to pay it. But this false discout stuff is unforgivable. If it was Illegal for 76 to pull this TRIBBLE and they were forced to change the listing then it's not acceptable here and now either. "It's a joke" is not a leagal defense for bad business practices.
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »

"Only a sucker would buy this at full price..." So I guess they are trying to portray Mudd as his character a true Villian, and we 'might' see a few sales once the Introductory sale is off for possibly slightly more, yet will vary after the initial sale depending on sales, he might also choose to instead delist a few items at different times or swapping out some items for new ones for sale, so only purchased items are reclaimable.

Well who knows with the price of exclusive items. If there is a sale of the exclusive items then it better. If there is no sale then I would still buy it since I wanted it if I can afford. I would be a sucker.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User

GOSH really the items at the original price. Then looks like I bought those items on a genuine sale and did not get conned.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    So, seems I got scooped here, but yes, as we can see above, Kael has posted his response. And for those attempting to make implications of legalities, the regular prices will indeed be the listed price once they come off the introductory sale listing.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    ...Okay, so I wasn't conned. That does not make 14,000 zen for a single ship remotely sane.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Oh my god, it's actually even worse than I thought!

At least with the "Na, but the original prices are outrageous on purpose and not to be taken seriously!", that made some sense and while I still think the discount prices are still too much for some items, I could see the reasoning behind that from an in-character POV, even if it was poorly handled.

But this is actually for real? Seriously?! 14,000 Zen for ONE ship only Federation-aligned Captains can use and that isn't anything special?! 8,000 for rewards that used to be free, only requiring missions to be played at specific dates?

Hey, I got an idea to keep with the whole "that's what Mudd would do". How about having him randomly showing up on our ship and keeping blowing it up, stacking injuries while locking us in time loops until we cave in and buy one of these items? Now, that's something new, totally in-character and that can use some feedback!
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    withdrawn
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I think the idea was to get people checking the store every day, and maybe they would buy something besides Mudd. I got from the original message that you were supposed to wait for things to be on sale. Whether I think it was also supposed to be a joke... well, the legal team says no comment.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    ...Okay, so I wasn't conned. That does not make 14,000 zen for a single ship remotely sane.
    Then don't pay it. What's the problem?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    jonsills wrote: »

You don't see a problem with asked-for content being too expensive for most of the people asking for it?
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »

The problem is actually for YOU, not him. His money funds YOUR content, so if enough "hims" don't pay for (stuff), you are the one that is going to suffer for it.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > So, seems I got scooped here, but yes, as we can see above, Kael has posted his response. And for those attempting to make implications of legalities, the regular prices will indeed be the listed price once they come off the introductory sale listing.

It wasn't an attempt, at the time they had made no indication the regular prices were real, and you yourself were the one who said the real ones were a joke. By all that information it was a serious legal issue. An attempt would have been if we had them reveal that these in fact are the real prices and still kept saying it was a legal issue.

It's both good and bad to know that the prices are real. On one hand, Cryptic dodges a potential lawsuit and fine from things like the FTC, which would probably be super bad for the game.(I like this game even if I criticize it and wouldn't want them to get sued) On the other hand, this makes this look even worse to most players involved.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • alpha50327#8476 alpha50327 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Seems like the whole Mudd's Store thing has become a transporter malfunction. They should have led with 'Don't buy anything unless it's RIDICULOUSLY on sale.' Get it? Harry Mudd? He's a villain? He's trying to rip you off? Every item will eventually be hugely on sale so just wait for it? A mediocre idea, poorly executed. Which is too bad because they are doing great with new ships, the Jellyfish is coming along with the anniversary event, good things are going on. There's undoubtedly Picard content coming. They're probably going to come out with a 'Boy we really screwed the targ on this one. Sorry. We thought it would be funny but it turns out it wasn't.'
  • radonneradonne Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Hey, I got an idea to keep with the whole "that's what Mudd would do". How about having him randomly showing up on our ship and keeping blowing it up, stacking injuries while locking us in time loops until we cave in and buy one of these items? Now, that's something new, totally in-character and that can use some feedback!

I think it would be more in classic Mudd style if we wind up taking the items we want for free and punishing Mudd in some cruel yet poetically just manner. I eagerly await this feature in the Mudd store.

-R
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say joke. I said reference.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Seems some people here got a law degree from the Mudd Market.

You think it's illegal? File charges..

Go ahead Perry Mason.. we'll wait. :lol:

Frikkn' ridiculous..
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    I do not think they anticipated the response this has gotten.
    They basically shot themselves in the TRIBBLE.

Part of me is angry. But honestly , I am kind of laughing and enjoying watching the community response all over grow more and more discontented after Kael's attempt at damage control.

This is the result of the aggressive monetization the EP is known for. Expect it to get worse.
    They know what they've done here. And they don't care.
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say joke. I said reference.

That was my bad, everyone else was saying joke so I got it mixed up with your post, but my point still stands the same.
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Seems some people here got a law degree from the Mudd Market.
    >
    > You think it's illegal? File charges..
    >
    > Go ahead Perry Mason.. we'll wait. :lol:
    >
    >
    >
    > Frikkn' ridiculous..

Oh wow, how TRIBBLE ridiculous that some people have actually studied law to make a living and are aware of FTC regulations and state legislation on business practices, or doing similar things in Europe. There's no reason for the amount of snark or ridicule in your comment.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    westx211 wrote: »
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Seems some people here got a law degree from the Mudd Market.
    >
    > You think it's illegal? File charges..
    >
    > Go ahead Perry Mason.. we'll wait. :lol:
    >
    >
    >
    > Frikkn' ridiculous..

Oh wow, how TRIBBLE ridiculous that some people have actually studied law to make a living and are aware of FTC regulations and state legislation on business practices, or doing similar things in Europe. There's no reason for the amount of snark or ridicule in your comment.

Plenty of reason for the snark.. your post is ridiculous.

On the internet.. everyone's a lawyer!

I'll let you get back to court now Perry Mason, I'm sure you have a very full docket. Lots of video game companies to sue!! :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Plenty of reason for the snark.. your post is ridiculous.
    >
    > On the internet.. everyone's a lawyer!
    >
    > I'll let you get back to court now Perry Mason, I'm sure you have a very full docket. Lots of video game companies to sue!! :lol:

Oh no, "real" lawyers aren't allowed to play videogame according to this guy on the internet, he just made a rule that says they're banned from videogames.

I mean seriously sea it's a really bad look for you. You realize that Nintendo is getting sued for bad business practices?

And that Bethesda was in the process of getting sued(I think they still are, I know they were getting the class action ready but I haven't heard any updates on it for a while)
This discussion has been closed.