test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mine goes to 511

sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
check out all that dili posted for 500 per Z. But nothing higher. Strange.

well my glory days were in the 130's. Stopped trading at 300. Wouldn't consider it at 400. Would rather die with my 20 million at 500.

NB I'm not complaining. I got plenty of everything. Just amazing to live in such times.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Dilithium Exchange cannot go higher. It is capped at 500 dilithium, and 25 for the low end.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Because reasons, including massive dil-generation increases over time from adding more reputations, recruitment reward boxes for all characters, admiralty -and- more frequent sales on zen store items.

When I level up a new character, every day I get 3,000+ dil from the reputation dailies then 300,000+ dil at day 20 once they reach tier 5. By then I've also gotten 100,000+ from admiralty, 20,000+ from an event, thousands more from TFOs and patrols.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Because reasons, including massive dil-generation increases over time from adding more reputations, recruitment reward boxes for all characters, admiralty -and- more frequent sales on zen store items.

When I level up a new character, every day I get 3,000+ dil from the reputation dailies then 300,000+ dil at day 20 once they reach tier 5. By then I've also gotten 100,000+ from admiralty, 20,000+ from an event, thousands more from TFOs and patrols.
    And there's nowhere near enough things to spend it on.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I think what we need is a civil brainstorming session on ways to solve this.
    Preferably without calling for using DL for everything under the sun that would basically turn STO into a fancier mobile game that would actually be unfriendly to new players. *mutters about a stupid call to use Dilithium as fuel for even basic warp travel*

Phoenix Events seem to have an effect, but lately have been practically insta countered by sales.
    Fleet Holdings have had a major impact in the past, but by now all the large fleets are probably sitting on stockpiles, and thus are not in need of any.

So IMO... should probably start another thread and hopefully show the Devs, or even our CM who can talk to the Devs, that we can do more than get pitchforks and torches and call for blood. We can actually do something CONSTRUCTIVE too. Honestly I get tired of seeing the forums on fire and no one actually willing to say something constructive without getting attacked. We're better than that!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    There is nothing that can be done because Cryptic won't stop with the sales every single day.

Until they relent with putting something on sale every single day.. the exchange will remain at 500. As players, there is pretty much nothing we can do about it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Doesn't stop us from discussing ideas.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    The last few times we've had a Phoenix Event it was preceeded directly by a Dilithium Bonus Weekend. And followed by a Upgrade Weekend. This time they removed the former two, I would guess to cut out the possibility that the Phoenix did not remove all of the residual from the Dilitium Bonus.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Judging by the speed the Colony holdings in the lfeets are progressing... People don't actually have that much "spare" Dilithium - I guess they all want it for Zen.
    Maybe we need some new stuff in the fleet stores, every max-level holding gets some new must-have gear or trait unlock. That also costs Dilithium.

"Fleet Upgrade Kits" Can be applied similar to the Upgrade Token on any ship, to grant it a new perk.
    • Weapon Bank Restructuring: Can be applied to ships with less than 5 front weapon slot and at least 2 rear weapon slots. Removes one rear weapon slot and adds one front weapon slot.
    • Universal Console Modification Upgrade: Adds a Universal Console Slot to any ship
    • Bridge Officer Universal Console Upgrade: Turn one Ensign or Lt. seat into a Universal seat.
    • Bridge Officer Universal Console Restruction: Turn one Lt. seat into a Ensign seat, and change another Lt. seat into a Lt.Cmdr seat.
    • Device Modification Slot Upgrade: Adds one Device Slot.
    Each item costs 300.000 Dilithium and Fleet Credits.

Seems unlikely to happen. But I finally want a Defiant with a decent weapon loadout and a decent bridge officer layout.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    the thing about fleet stuff is that for it to work anymore you can't allow invites. it used to be that all fleets built their junk. now you just get invites and use your dil to buy keys. that has to stop for fleet holdings or items to have any effect.

the ship has sailed into the Mudd for the phoenix.

I guess I bring this up about once a year and I guess it's that time again with Q on the way.

But give us housing. I will pay 10 million dilithium for a ski house on Andoria.
    and 2 million for an apartment near the Academy.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

We still need Dilithium to buy the fleet stuff even if we just go get invited to another fleet's holding. That and have the appropriate provisions in your own fleet.

Some might argue that our own ships are housing, but we don't really have much in the way of customization. Not sure how the game engine can handle it either. Also begs the question... would it just be a door somewhere to access instanced house interiors like our current ship interiors, or are we going to have something like a "housing district" kinda like FF14? And then how are we going to be able to customize said housing? Accolade trophies kinda died out years ago.

Not trying to shoot you down sheldon, just trying to think of how it could be done with the current state of the game.

While housing is plausible... we may fall into the same issue we've had with ship interiors. Players want, but they don't buy. Kind of a Catch 22. Not only that, but the Environmental Artists might not have the time with their team's current size.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Yeah, I started bringing this up about 4 years ago, and it probably was more likely back then.

Customization would be through more dili purchases and EC and maybe some new drops from TFO and missions. Endless possibilities there.

It could be instanced in the way LOTRO does with neighborhoods. But it could also be private like our ships and you could invite people.

I thought the best chance was the colony world. Another idea was Risa or old Risa. I'd go 5 million for Risa.

I do think they could do this. It wouldn't necessarily make money. But it could be a last chance to balance the market - which will make money. I think they have actually been conscientious about balance over the years, but recently they've gotten too greedy with the sales and too generous with the dilithium. And finally arrived at a place where none of the former methods will move the needle.

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Maybe they should knock the cap up to 600. I would be more inclined to sell some ZEN if I actually got more Dilithium for it. Greedy Dllithium sinks, like with the last few projects for fleets and such, pricey Dilitihum uniforms that look awesome, and so on. Allowing the cap to get a bump up to 600 doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    It's best to obtain ZEN with a Visa card, lol.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    It's best to obtain ZEN with a Visa card, lol.

Thanks for the commercial. :D
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    jcsww wrote: »
    Maybe they should knock the cap up to 600. I would be more inclined to sell some ZEN if I actually got more Dilithium for it. Greedy Dllithium sinks, like with the last few projects for fleets and such, pricey Dilitihum uniforms that look awesome, and so on. Allowing the cap to get a bump up to 600 doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

But that is too painful for others. Unless I start rotating all my alts rather than the 7 I do now, right now on average I'm only getting about 50-60 Zen. Even around 425 I was getting about double that. And not everyone is an altoholic that can rotate characters through admiralty like that. 600 is just TOO painful for anyone but those selling the Zen.
    rattler2 wrote: »

But that is too painful for others. Unless I start rotating all my alts rather than the 7 I do now, right now on average I'm only getting about 50-60 Zen. Even around 425 I was getting about double that. And not everyone is an altoholic that can rotate characters through admiralty like that. 600 is just TOO painful for anyone but those selling the Zen.

That is kind of the point though. PWE wants you to buy ZEN, not grind it. If no one is buying the ZEN for sale, the price usually comes down when people are in need of Dilithium. I sell much more ZEN than I buy through the Dilithium Exchange, which is why I am content to see the cap increased up to 600.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I think it's because it was on the low side for a while to benefit people buying zen that now they want it on the high side to benefit those buying dilithium.

Almost making it fair for both sides, although it didn't go to the lowest possible when they tried to make it lower when they first brought out the phoenix boxes as opposed to it reaching its peak height when they wanted it to go higher.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I think it's because it was on the low side for a while to benefit people buying zen that now they want it on the high side to benefit those buying dilithium.

It tends to fluctuate with the seasons. During the spring/summer months for those in the northern hemisphere, it drops down around 250, but is higher during the fall and winter months.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    But they did do so many more sales than usual for quite some time now (not to mention new kinds of zen things to purchase like for an example event buyouts) as if they were trying to deliberately make it go higher for a change.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
    That is kind of the point though. PWE wants you to buy ZEN, not grind it. If no one is buying the ZEN for sale, the price usually comes down when people are in need of Dilithium. I sell much more ZEN than I buy through the Dilithium Exchange, which is why I am content to see the cap increased up to 600.

Honestly the low 400s is probably the top end of a more balanced economy. 250-300 is pretty much the sweet spot. 300-400 is still healthy.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    Judging by the speed the Colony holdings in the lfeets are progressing... People don't actually have that much "spare" Dilithium - I guess they all want it for Zen.
    Progression is great. Our first Tier 5 upgrade (Fed) is less than 10 days away :) Also a partner KDF fleet is almost through with all their T5 upgrades. This holding has been a unique experience, almost like a dilithium colonoscopy

Thing is most aren't participating and the few who do end up being outpaced by the costs, even though we work hard in-game and the game pays fine, so there's still a net balance towards zen purchased with cash. I think many have decided to abandon ship with this holding. You can't blame people for wanting to hold on to their dil.
    Doesn't stop us from discussing ideas.
    *mutters about a stupid call to use Dilithium as fuel for even basic warp travel*
    Really funny you'd say that as just the other day I was cruising through sector space wondering about why I'm not using a little bit of dilithium. It's how a ship works after all. Not sure how that realism would go over tbh. Probably about as popular as yet another increase in a real life 'fuel surcharge tax'. Maybe an option to burn dil to go real fast?

Honestly the low 400s is probably the top end of a more balanced economy. 250-300 is pretty much the sweet spot. 300-400 is still healthy.

Time will tell. There are no signs of the Dilithium Exchange dropping any time soon. With the holidays not too far off, another major grind upon us, and the 10th Anniversary not long after the new year. Things seem pretty stable for the time being.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2019
    check out all that dili posted for 500 per Z. But nothing higher. Strange.

well my glory days were in the 130's. Stopped trading at 300. Wouldn't consider it at 400. Would rather die with my 20 million at 500.

NB I'm not complaining. I got plenty of everything. Just amazing to live in such times.

I agree with you and someone else in Mudd's market that DIL is too valuable to sell at anything over 350:1. You went a step a further and stopped trading at 300:1, what surprises me is people give it away all for a quicker sale.

DIL can be something people work long & hard to build up a little surplus; and like you I wouldn't give it away certainly for more than 350:1 for sure!

I don't believe they got too generous with the DIL however, yet while Phoenix Boxes are good; the Phoenix Upgrade with 5x TP and no DIL cost, really reduces the need for DIL. The challenge is trying to keep new Players engaged, who need a lot of items to be upgraded.

Still like you I'd long welcome another Fleet Holding , or even better to expand existing Tier 3's Holdings out to 4, as less development required except a new skin. It might also be neat to see a major Starbase overhaul to Tier 6; and updating or expanding several offerings in several fleet holdings. <3
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
    Phoenix events haven't had a major effect since the second time it was run. Fact is, whales who wanted to spend shiploads of dil on the UR/Epics got theirs ages ago and the always popular upgrade kits actually sink LESS dil than if people had to use standard upgrades. So yeah, that ship has sailed and it's not coming back.

And fleet holdings...let's face it, when the Starbase was introduced in 2012 this was a different game. There was challenging content and the thought of getting UR gear (which was exclusive to fleet at the time) was a great incentive to develop the holdings. Now, the game is all Easy Mode all the time and a lot of fleets have concluded they're in no hurry to build the colony because the stuff just isn't needed for anything.

Same for upgrades, really. After Delta Rising I planned on slowly upgrading my stuff over time (since the game still wasn't hard enough to actually go all out with it). Then they removed the fail conditions and I decided not to waste resources on upgrades at all.

So, what we need is desireable NEW stuff to buy with dilithium. And since it's plenty obvious they aren't going to add any challenge that would make spending on gear improvement worthwhile, cosmetic customization such as player housing is really the only possibility left.

Another thing would be to make the refining cap account-wide. They're making all the other stuff account-wide, might as well the limits, too. Account is the player or whatever.
    Some might argue that our own ships are housing, but we don't really have much in the way of customization. Not sure how the game engine can handle it either. Also begs the question... would it just be a door somewhere to access instanced house interiors like our current ship interiors, or are we going to have something like a "housing district" kinda like FF14? And then how are we going to be able to customize said housing? Accolade trophies kinda died out years ago.

Not trying to shoot you down sheldon, just trying to think of how it could be done with the current state of the game.

While housing is plausible... we may fall into the same issue we've had with ship interiors. Players want, but they don't buy. Kind of a Catch 22. Not only that, but the Environmental Artists might not have the time with their team's current size.
    That's not the issue with ship interiors. The issue with ship interiors is that there are ten bazillion of them in the game and it would be years work to actually do anything at all with all of them. Nor is it plausible to just ditch them all and start over from scratch because people have paid money for them.

This would not be a problem with a new system they could start one map at a time and just add customization. As it is, fleet holdings already have changing appearance so it's obviously possible. And yeah, bring back accolade trophies while they're at it.

Free market price is always balanced. It's the cap that stops people from trading at the free market price that's the problem.
    strathkin wrote: »
    I agree with you and someone else in Mudd's market that DIL is too valuable to sell at anything over 350:1. You went a step a further and stopped trading at 300:1, what surprises me is people give it away all for a quicker sale.
    Because for most people, dil is NOT that valuable. It's not all that useful in itself (anymore) and all they want with it is to trade it for Zen, which is.
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    I wouldn't say whales don't spend tons in the phoenix events.

I personally only actually prefer to spend dil on the phoenix event then anything else. I spend around 1.5-2M Dil per event since i min max everything even things i know for a fact is useless. Mainly because i hope to find gems here and there like if you mix this random trait with this build and this console with these stats you can break the game. so i will pretty much min max anything and everything.

I don't really participate in fleet projects unless they are 1 / 2 or 3 /4 done then i max them out since I am around 7-8M higher in fleet contribution then the closest person yet when i started i wasn't even in the rankings so i personally just want to see if others are interested in that. I think most people are just clinging to their dilithium for either zen trades or phoenix events.

Maybe, its easier for others but not for me. I only have one character that's of any value in levels. i have around 2-3 others that were made for the recruit events till i realized it was a hassle and let them kinda rot. So i really can't gather zen with the alts I think that's a hassle.

To me STO is a strange game, it's probably the only game out there that I pay a lot into (well used to pay a lot into, lost all faith in the company game side) that i don't really mind if non paying players get the same thing that i got even if i paid hundreds for it. Not sure what it is but I do know i don't really mind to the point its more like i hope they reach my level.

So it really doesn't matter to this particular whale what happens, i can't speak for the others if there are others, but if you guys and the devs come up with a solution then it's whatever to me. I doubt it will happen even if you have a conversation about it and come up with ground breaking ideas, since the base reality is that this is a company and a company has its own agenda and its usually to maximize profits for shareholders who really don't care about anything other then that. Well, i wouldn't say that's all we care about, since we are all individuals, but I will say we will without a doubt agree that we want a nice return on investment. It's kinda the name of the game, its not personal its just well business, and most shareholders don't get involved with the day to day running of a company, if actions make money and cost a play or two or a hundred its irrelevant, as long as they figure out how to squeeze the loses out of the remaining players.

Well, unless you get a co-op green bay packers type of system then that would be different but until then just ask your selves if it's profitable for the company or not. If it's not. Then it's not going to happen nd any other discussion without addressing that bottom line is in the end pablum. Not to derail your conversation, but just kinda steer it into that direction if you even want them to even consider looking at it.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    warpangel wrote: »
    Because for most people, dil is NOT that valuable. It's not all that useful in itself (anymore) and all they want with it is to trade it for Zen, which is.
    On the other hand, one might argue that that makes it more valuable that anything else, because the only other way to get Zen is to pay for it with real-life money.
    Now, if you were to tell me that keeping the DilEx at the current rate is good for Cryptic because it may encourage more people to just buy it directly, instead of converting it, you wouldn't be too much off the mark.

Still, whether the real value of Dilithium lies in Zen conversion or items (gear/trait slots/BOFFs/upgrading/re-engineering/whatever), the current situation is kinda screwed for anyone that does not intend to sell their Zen to obtain Dilithium.
    To sell Zen, you still need someone that buys. But then again, if the only thing of value you can get from Dilithium is Zen... why are you selling your Zs to begin with?

All in all, I agree with those of you that says that we need more things to spend Dilithium on.
    Player housing would be great: you need Dilithium to buy whatever "house" you want, and then maybe to upgrade it and expand it.
    Also, it would be nice to implement a crafting school for furniture, which can require two different things:
    - lots of R&D materials (and long processing times);
    - dilithium (and instand processing times).
    This would take care of two things: give us another use for R&D mats that are pretty much laying untouched in the inventory because we get way too many of them by pretty much everything we do in game; but most of all, it would give us another venue to spend dilithium on.
    Player housing is something that pretty much every MMO have and it's a great and fun way to allow players to have a really personal space that they can customize how they want.
    It could work. Maybe not very quickly, but it could work.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    On the other hand, one might argue that that makes it more valuable that anything else, because the only other way to get Zen is to pay for it with real-life money.
    And one would be wrong arguing that. A trade good is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. And for dil that's currently pretty close to 1/500th of a Zen. And it probably would've gone over earlier if it wasn't artificially capped. The thing is, since it IS artificially capped, if people don't want to sell their Zen at 500 dil, they won't sell it at all.

If people don't want to buy dilithium with Zen, others can't buy Zen with dilithium, either.
    Now, if you were to tell me that keeping the DilEx at the current rate is good for Cryptic because it may encourage more people to just buy it directly, instead of converting it, you wouldn't be too much off the mark.
    The reason it's so high is that people DON'T want to buy as much dilithium as others would want to sell.

The dilex price doesn't affect Cryptic. Regardless of how a player got their Zen, someone paid for it with money. It isn't "converted" into anything. What matters is people wanting to trade and therefore to buying Zen to trade. Which requires people to want to spend dilithium on something.
    All in all, I agree with those of you that says that we need more things to spend Dilithium on.
    Player housing would be great: you need Dilithium to buy whatever "house" you want, and then maybe to upgrade it and expand it.
    Also, it would be nice to implement a crafting school for furniture, which can require two different things:
    - lots of R&D materials (and long processing times);
    - dilithium (and instand processing times).
    This would take care of two things: give us another use for R&D mats that are pretty much laying untouched in the inventory because we get way too many of them by pretty much everything we do in game; but most of all, it would give us another venue to spend dilithium on.
    Player housing is something that pretty much every MMO have and it's a great and fun way to allow players to have a really personal space that they can customize how they want.
    It could work. Maybe not very quickly, but it could work.​​
    Yeah, endless possibilities there.
    That's not the issue with ship interiors. The issue with ship interiors is that there are ten bazillion of them in the game and it would be years work to actually do anything at all with all of them.

Actually... you're thinking of just bridges. If you go to the other decks on anything that isn't the Galaxy, Intrepid, or Constitution Bridge, you'll see that the interiors are actually stock. No difference except for arrangement based on if size choice. The lower decks of a San Fransisco bridge (C-Store) are no different from the lower decks of an Origin bridge (current standard issue stock). So technically if we look at it from a faction standpoint, the total INTERIORS (counting lower decks) is actually far lower than that, with basically 4 Fed interiors, 1 Romulan, and 1 Klingon. The only real difference is the actual bridge itself.

And no I didn't count the cross faction Tuffli or Amarie interiors. I was sticking with actual faction specifics in this.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    the thing is, whatever act you use to balance it out, it will either have no effect on theose who do the 30 alt thing/game 7 hours a day and those who have a job and kids and are fortunate to game 10-12 hours a week.
    one thing that might work would be fore the devs to query the database and find out how many player are really like the most of you have ahve a trillion refined dill piled in your yard. I'm betting that number of players is fairly low.
    On the assumption that it is, base the exchange rate at say, 450, even 400, eliminate the exchange altogether and give the option for the dil whales to buy stuff from the C Store with dil directly. maybe not the newest shiny, but 1 or 2 generations old. I think it would work for the players who were a little shy about pulling the trigger for buying zen, but not for spending Dil. it removes the dil from the economy without pulling zen into the economy and should drop the exchange rate.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I’m really happy about the Mudd store and its impact on the dil/zen ratio.

- No power creep is offered.
    - Fleet leaders aren’t asked to bleed; if at all they can get more dil for less money now.
    - All stuff offered are things those who play the game already have. If they didn’t play its on them, if they are new it’s their time to bankroll this title now... why not as I did my part the past 7 years.

If cryptic analyzes their metrics and sees how big of a success it is I foresee relaxed times ahead for me. I hope they only offer cosmetic stuff and garabge (player housings lol) going forward and thereby milk everybody in game and not just DPSer and fleetleader for a change! Awsome. <3
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
This discussion has been closed.