test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Am I the only one that can't log on after the November patch?

Have not been able to log on since the last patch.... get a us1.proxy.crypticstudios.com message before the loader crashes??? have force verified several times... please help as I have talk to cryptic and nothing so far...

Comments

• captain3742captain3742 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    any suggestions that can help!!!
  • captain3742captain3742 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Please!!!
  • chyrondave#2737 chyrondave Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    You're not the only one. Since the latest update, I can't get past the title page
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Check to ensure that in Launcher OPTIONS at login:
    1. On-demand patching - is not selected - this will ensure you fully download the whole patch.
    0zxlclk.png
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    I would disable the proxy and see if you can connect to the server without it first. Sometimes proxies are notoriously unstable. If you can't connect even with a basic thing, and have downloaded the full game per strathkin's instructions above, then there's other options we can try. If it's something with your game, I will help in whatever way I can. If it turns out to be server side I will alert them to it but I'm not sure what they could do. Try going in without the proxy first and see if that works. If not we'll try some other stuff
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • smacairtsmacairt Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Have not been able to log on since the last patch.... get a us1.proxy.crypticstudios.com message before the loader crashes??? have force verified several times... please help as I have talk to cryptic and nothing so far...

What is your graphics card? It seems from other comments that after the 12/11/2019 patch, anything with an Intel integrated chipset is fubared.
  • smacairtsmacairt Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Nobody here can help you. It isn't a problem on the server side.

Again, what do you know that no one has told the rest of us?
  • dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 253 Arc User

Citation needed.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User

You keep saying that, but you provide neither source nor actual explanation. Kindly elucidate what your private sources have told you that they haven't bothered to tell those of us actually having the problem?
    Guys, keep this focused on the issue at hand and related to the issue. We can debate sources and stuff another day.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Guys, keep this focused on the issue at hand and related to the issue. We can debate sources and stuff another day.

This is the issue at hand. The claim has been made that the bug isn't at Cryptic's end. Is it unreasonable to want to know if that information is correct, and if so what the actual bug is?

This is the issue at hand. The claim has been made that the bug isn't at Cryptic's end. Is it unreasonable to want to know if that information is correct, and if so what the actual bug is?
    A bit of a crash course on how the internet works is needed here so I advise folks to listen up.

There are a ton of different things that can cause the game to crash. It could legitimately be on Cryptic's end, it could be on your end, or something between your rig and their server. The internet is still largely wired and it's not a straight path jump between your rig and their server like you're on a private ethernet line. For example when you send a command to the server for your character to turn left and start walking in game, your computer sends out a signal along the lines that gets routed through several data centers and sent to the server. The server then sends back an acknowledgment of the command and starts displaying the character having turned left and walking forward. These jumps are much like a digital version of the physical mail aka snail mail system we have today. When you send a letter, it goes through several centers before getting to it's destination. All of this occurs at lightspeed. If something occurs between your rig and their server at one of the data centers, or along the lines your computer takes to get to the server, then it's completely out of Cryptic's hands and there's not too awful much they can do. A common place people point to for issues is Akami Technologies since for alot of people, that's where a slowdown occurs if any. The reason alot of folks blame the server right now is because from all the data I have seen people post, and what is sent to me outside the forum, the running theory between myself and my testing crew is that Akami can't recognize the difference between a DDOS attack and legitimate MMORPG traffic, and is slowing down everything that goes through them. Depending on your internet speed and if you're online when a slowdown occurs, it can lead to a crash. Trying to play at too high a graphics can cause a crash as well.

The issue for the OP is whether or not the crash is being caused by his rig, the server, or something between the two of them. Despite an earlier poster's claim, there is not enough evidence to say just yet if the crash is occurring because of something on Cryptic's end, or that of the OP. This is why I have instructed them try connecting without a proxy and see if it still craps out or if their game still craps. I have also instructed them to make sure on-demand patching is off as well. If folks have information that may help the OP or a solution, then by all means post it.

Otherwise if folks wish to continue this debate about whether it's on Cryptic's end or if they're at fault, take it elsewhere as it's not helpful to the post and does nothing but derail.

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk

Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator

No, you're trying to goad another forum user into an argument, and not helping the situation at all. Stop.

Kindly do not speak for anyone else here on the forum. Clearly by the responses here there are those who can help. If YOU cannot help, then perhaps say nothing at all. Also, just because you do not experience a problem, does not mean that there could not be a problem server side, if the issue is intermittent. Either way, your curt responses to other forum users about their technical issues do nothing to actually assist them. Perhaps tagging a mod such as @darkbladejk would be more helpful.

Thank you all for your assistance to our community member.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch

No, you're trying to goad another forum user into an argument, and not helping the situation at all. Stop.

What? No, I was not. Okay, I grant I got a little sarcastic, but I was sincerely asking a question. If he had information we didn't, I wanted to hear it. I was not trying to "goad him into an argument", I was just exasperated.

If I went a bit far in expressing it, my apologies, but I was absolutely not trying to start an argument.

• wthrman#2128 wthrman Member Posts: 7 Arc User

It seems like you're the only one or one of the only ones, yes. Have you really talked to Cryptic? I was hesitant to contact them after seeing all of the negative comments about their customer service, but when I finally did, they responded quickly and were very helpful. I have no idea what the people that say they've had bad experiences with Cryptic's customer service are talking about—perhaps they're just flat-out lying to make the company look bad. If for some very weird reason they still haven't gotten back to you by now, why don't you try calling them directly at (408) 399-1969? You could also send them a physical letter if you want to their address at 980 University Ave, Los Gatos, CA 95032.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User

It seems like you're the only one or one of the only ones, yes. Have you really talked to Cryptic? I was hesitant to contact them after seeing all of the negative comments about their customer service, but when I finally did, they responded quickly and were very helpful. I have no idea what the people that say they've had bad experiences with Cryptic's customer service are talking about—perhaps they're just flat-out lying to make the company look bad. If for some very weird reason they still haven't gotten back to you by now, why don't you try calling them directly at (408) 399-1969? You could also send them a physical letter if you want to their address at 980 University Ave, Los Gatos, CA 95032.

Cryptic's customer service is not the best. But the people working CS do try for the most part.

However, they are just as clueless as we are concerning technical issues. The best they can do is pass on your problem to the right people. Unfortunately, the "right people" haven't so much as, at the very least, acknowledged that there is an issue. And it's fast coming up on a month that this has been going on without a fix. It's also not helping matters when users are proclaiming both here and on Twitter that they have "found the ultimate solution to the problem".