• kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    Just tried it again.

CRASHED AGAIN

:/
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    smacairt wrote: »
    captadamm wrote: »
    i have integrated graphics, i guess we either buy new video cards or forget the game

Integrated graphics cards can't be replaced as they are...integrated, as in soldered to the motherboard.

Don't be silly. :) You can 'replace' your GPU, simply by disabling onboard graphics, and sticking in a real video card (in fact, most modern BIOSes won't even require you to disable anything first, and will run straight off the video card in your PCI-E slot).

3lsZz0w.jpg
  • smacairtsmacairt Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    i have integrated graphics, i guess we either buy new video cards or forget the game

Integrated graphics cards can't be replaced as they are...integrated, as in soldered to the motherboard.

Don't be silly. :) You can 'replace' your GPU, simply by disabling onboard graphics, and sticking in a real video card (in fact, most modern BIOSes won't even require you to disable anything first, and will run straight off the video card in your PCI-E slot).

Not what I meant and you know it. But please do explain for those who do not have a PCI-E slot how to, actually physically 'replace' their integrated graphics card.
  • fabiosnfcfabiosnfc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Crash......continous.......11/20/2019.....One Week.....
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Not what I meant and you know it. But please do explain for those who do not have a PCI-E slot how to, actually physically 'replace' their integrated graphics card.

The person you said to that "Integrated graphics cards can't be replaced" -- apart from you being overly literal, even had he been talking about eplacing stuff -- was not even talking about replacement, but merely said "i have integrated graphics, i guess we either buy new video cards or forget the game."

As for your question, try an external Thunderbolt 3 card or something. Or ExpressCard, or mPCIe. This is 2019. Plenty options available these days.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • mordikanemordikane Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Well nobody has mentioned it as i have seen so far, but every character i send to the Alpha quadrant crashes and they are unplayable. I have patched, and did a force verify, and still I cannot play those characters.
    Wow, WTF did these devs do when they did this "update" last week? Seriously, who gave the greenlight to this mess?
  • phoric#1415 phoric Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Me too... crashes at the 'STO Awakening' Loading screen...
  • arkle#8984 arkle Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    A new update this morning, but no change. Still crashes at the loading screen. Day 9 for me of not being able to play the game. On the plus side, the Let's Play videos I was doing for it aren't monetized so I'm not losing out on anything. Besides fun, anyway. :/
    Characters: Rida Vodad (Trill), Niana (Orion), Karak'Son (Jem'Hadar), Jhanel Aphram (Andorian), Tevana (Romulan), Anahera Ngata (Human), Choadesh (Alien), Manek (Reman), C'Reta (Ferrasan), Kamak'Zun (Jem'Hedar), Joyal Krin (Cardassian), and Lur'Ast (Klingon).
    Tumblr: thehumanarkle.tumblr.com
    Twitter: @G33kOfAllTrades
    YouTube: youtube.com/user/arklestudios
    AO3 Pseudonym: ZeusParker
  • phoric#1415 phoric Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    November 21st maintenance complete...can I play the game now...no!
  • arkle#8984 arkle Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Finally got some helpful advice. I updated my Intel drivers and now I can play.
    Characters: Rida Vodad (Trill), Niana (Orion), Karak'Son (Jem'Hadar), Jhanel Aphram (Andorian), Tevana (Romulan), Anahera Ngata (Human), Choadesh (Alien), Manek (Reman), C'Reta (Ferrasan), Kamak'Zun (Jem'Hedar), Joyal Krin (Cardassian), and Lur'Ast (Klingon).
    Tumblr: thehumanarkle.tumblr.com
    Twitter: @G33kOfAllTrades
    YouTube: youtube.com/user/arklestudios
    AO3 Pseudonym: ZeusParker
    21 Th November ........maintenance complete.....I am can play.......Sorry.....No ! Crash continous.....
    Star Crash Online - still unable to get past the Magic Mushroom load screen. WTF are the devs doing about it? It would be nice if someone came in here to acknowledge this mess, but I guess that's too much to ask.
  • chyrondave#2737 chyrondave Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I've not had a chance to check myself (busy nights at work, busy days doing what feels like everything else), but based on the posts I've seen here and one of the other support boards, there isn't any real solution yet.

EDIT: Checked when I got home and still keep having the same issue where it crashes on the title screen. I've checked the display drivers (again) and they say they are up to date (at least through Toshiba, Intel says I need an update but will not install one due to manufacturer limitations, or something to that effect).
    Post edited by chyrondave#2737 on
  • chyrondave#2737 chyrondave Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I've not had a chance to check myself (busy nights at work, busy days doing what feels like everything else), but based on the posts I've seen here and one of the other support boards, there isn't any real solution yet.

EDIT: Checked when I got home and still keep having the same issue where it crashes on the title screen. I've checked the display drivers (again) and they say they are up to date (at least through Toshiba, Intel says I need an update but will not install one due to manufacturer limitations, or something to that effect).

Checked again today and still no luck in logging on to the game (13 days now?). It is getting a bit frustrating that the only solution I've been told is that drivers are out of date on Windows 10 systems (I'm running Windows 8.1 and have checked my graphics drivers... repeatedly).
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    11/25/2019....The Crash continous....
  • gutz87gutz87 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • captadammcaptadamm Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    ill have to wait until after christmas to get a new video card, but i think that is the problem, there are no updated video drivers for my chipset to support the latest requirements, i guess if you have a laptop you play on it just isnt going to work on it anymore, but i will try my desktop soon as i can and let you know
  • captadammcaptadamm Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    this will cost them a lot of players im sure
  • captainjackson6captainjackson6 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue and I need help I contacted support and they couldn't help me Wtf.
  • voyagergonoszvoyagergonosz Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I managed to bypass that Crash problem with INTEL GPUs.
    Allready posted the working solution Here. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1252120/game-crash-report

This solution is for all who have intel GPU in a laptop or other Prebuilt device that wont let update original intel driver due to requiring Signed driver.

Devs getting well paid and no solution. I dont get a penny and got a solution.
    If you are in the donating mood i dont mind finding gifts in my in-game mailbox @666voyager666

• nucburnnucburn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    arkle#8984 wrote: »
    Another day, another series of crashes. The patches have done nothing, force verify has done nothing, I don't have that AMD card that's been causing other people trouble... Man, at least my STO Let's Play series was not making any money (that isn't a request for pity, my channel's never been monetized). It just sucks on a personal level 'cause the ship I was using for the LP videos was the one I named after the town in New Jersey where my Dad was born, and the anniversary of his death is coming up so that would've been a good day to post a video of the ship named in his honor. Just sayin'.

From what I've gathered from other threads it's a Intel Video problem, not sure if that's true or not. How many people having problems have integrated graphics?

Yup Intel integrated graphics here with the latest driver updates installed, no joy.
    To be honest I am getting kind of tired of the 'game masters' and now 'senior game masters' not even reading the Dxdiag and Graphics information sent to them. When they go on a long rant about updating drivers for Win10 so they are WDDM 2.3 compliant. Yet the Dxdiag text they claim to have read shows you're running Win7 and which only runs as high as WDDM 1.1, you lose all confidence. Especially when you remind them that you're on Win7 and they ghost you afterwards.

Now I'm playing a game with GeForce videocard with WDDM 1.1, Direct X 11 and Windows 7 and no problems. I think that problem is not related to WDDM 1.1.
    Still crashing at the load screen. How many weeks of this has it been, 3?

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    nucburn wrote: »
    arkle#8984 wrote: »
    Another day, another series of crashes. The patches have done nothing, force verify has done nothing, I don't have that AMD card that's been causing other people trouble... Man, at least my STO Let's Play series was not making any money (that isn't a request for pity, my channel's never been monetized). It just sucks on a personal level 'cause the ship I was using for the LP videos was the one I named after the town in New Jersey where my Dad was born, and the anniversary of his death is coming up so that would've been a good day to post a video of the ship named in his honor. Just sayin'.

From what I've gathered from other threads it's a Intel Video problem, not sure if that's true or not. How many people having problems have integrated graphics?

Yup Intel integrated graphics here with the latest driver updates installed, no joy.
    To be honest I am getting kind of tired of the 'game masters' and now 'senior game masters' not even reading the Dxdiag and Graphics information sent to them. When they go on a long rant about updating drivers for Win10 so they are WDDM 2.3 compliant. Yet the Dxdiag text they claim to have read shows you're running Win7 and which only runs as high as WDDM 1.1, you lose all confidence. Especially when you remind them that you're on Win7 and they ghost you afterwards.

Now I'm playing a game with GeForce videocard with WDDM 1.1, Direct X 11 and Windows 7 and no problems. I think that problem is not related to WDDM 1.1.

WDDM 2.3 applies to Windows 10. As it's been pointed out several times, they keep telling people about drivers for Windows 10 when people aren't on Windows 10, even when they're given a Dxdiag.
    Yeah, mine is 11, and I can't even get to the character selection screen. :/
    Uninstalled and reinstalled.

STILL CRASHING since last month's "new an' improved!" patch.

Any acknowledgement from devs?

NOPE.

• gutz87gutz87 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    It's already February 2
    Nothing has changed yet.
    Fail and error comes out even before reaching the selection screen