test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Harcourt Mudd Store

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I think availability of these items is a great good.
    Looking forward toward more info on the cost of said items.
    Off course i am hoping for the stellar amount of 0 Zen, but that is unlikely.

What i find more interesting is what is missing. E.g. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Chromodynamic_Armor

Edit:
    Some of these items would also be interesting.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Category:Special_retail_items
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    As I said before, the items with the Ultimate Tech Upgrade, have that added to make the price about 1,000 Zen list. Discounts would lower that.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I'm really not a fan of putting items that were got from FE's into the cash shop, those should be brought back either with an FE rerun or added into the phoenix list.

Likewise with the furiadon and bacon of kahless why are they not put with other similar event unlocks?

Holoboffs were from conventions or used as bribes to buy zen so why not keep those for that?

Not seen the prices yet but this stinks of cashgrab.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Now people are complaining about the
    This player base never ceases to amaze me.

People complain all the time about having to 'gamble' in Phoenix Boxes to get items they missed.

I didn't.
    This player base never ceases to amaze me.

Now they re-introduce missed items for Zen as account unlocks.. and people complain.
    These would be different people. Generalizing and putting everyone into some mass "people" just shows you're not concerned with accuracy. Some like the Phoenix system. Other's apparently would rather just buy everything.

But I see the way the wind is blowing. So let's get that Red Matter Capacitor in the C-Store! Pronto. 1000zen!

Funny how you feel spoken to claiming that you should not be spoken to before you bring in an argument that you are in fact *the* stereotype of person who should exactly be spoken to. :D
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I for my part think the new store idea is… nice.

I now can get the stuff when I want to which is a clear upside from what we had before. Now if I can just get myself to actually want anything from there I’m all set. The half of it that I do not have already feels as useless as the other half I never use. :/
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    OK, I'm not sure where the Reddit comment came from as I haven't been able to find it, but I did get confirmation that the primary store items are account unlocked. Also, if you have the old rewards already, they do not become retroactively account unlocked. One would have to buy the item from this store for the account unlock.

So in other words if I have toons that haven’t claimed it yet I better do it in the next 2 days

If you already have an account unlocked item on your account, that's not going away, even if you haven't claimed the item for a particular character. Example, let's take the Bio-Engineered Furiadon Combat Pet, that was an account unlocked reward for those who completed the event. Let's say you completed the event, got the reward, but have some toons that haven't claimed it yet. That account unlock does not go away. Those toons can still claim that reward for free.

The Ophidian Cane, however, was always a per character reward. Having it now on one toon will not grant an account unlock for the rest of your toons. But if you buy another Ophidian Cane from Mudd's Market, it will become account unlocked.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    sukhothai wrote: »
    sukhothai wrote: »
    What about my codes? I have BOFF codes, if I don't claim them on some of my characters, I have to buy them again?

I have no idea what you're referring to. What codes? What BOFFs?

I received Special Convention codes at Star Trek Las Vegas for Leeta, Geordi, Lorca, The TOS Crew. When I received these codes from the STO table, I was told that the convention was the only place to get these special BOFFs.

Ok, then use the codes. Those haven't been obsoleted. Why are you holding on to codes? They'll still grant account unlocks. Just because those BOFFs will now be available from Mudd's Market takes nothing away from the codes you have.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    What's the cruiser all about? o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I'm reserving judgement till I see prices. I am encouraged to see the Vizier in there, though, as being unable to get that ship any other way has definitely stopped me from getting the Archon, even though I got the Regent back when T5 was top tier.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Think of it this way folks. Right now I have the Vizier that I got from the Wizkids promo awhile back. I have it claimed on some toons and others I haven't claimed it on yet. I also have the Ophidian Cane on some toons and others not. When the new store goes live, I will most likely see the Vizier in the Mudd Store, however I will still have my account unlocked Vizier because I got it previously, where as folks in my fleet who never had the chance to get it will just now be getting the ability to buy it. On my main toon I have the Ophidian Cane, where as on several others I don't. If I want to claim the cane on my alts that don't have it, I will need to "upgrade" the cane to account level by purchasing it from The Mudd Store.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Archon Class, available from the C-Store, is an Intel seating T6 Sovereign, the Vizier was Command seating and only availible if you bought the Sovereign 'model' from a Whiz Kids promotion. A Coupon code was provided.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Selling Featured Episode rewards in the C-Store makes me very unhappy. I've been playing this game since Season 5 and have created 23 characters. A lot of the new ones don't have Shard/Cane/Breen/Reman officers. I've been waiting for literal years for another rerun only to discover that they are going to make me pay money to unlock them.
    And you'd prefer to continue waiting for a rerun of an old, outdated event that is never going to happen? You don't want to be able to get the stuff any more?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    > @postagepaid said:
    > I'm really not a fan of putting items that were got from FE's into the cash shop, those should be brought back either with an FE rerun or added into the phoenix list.
    >
    > Likewise with the furiadon and bacon of kahless why are they not put with other similar event unlocks?
    >
    > Holoboffs were from conventions or used as bribes to buy zen so why not keep those for that?
    >
    >
    >
    > Not seen the prices yet but this stinks of cashgrab.

Mmmmmmm....bacon of kahless....

Sorry, I lost attention after that ;-)
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I don't know how I feel about this news. Discounting past unobtainable items seems good in theory. If it was event rewards sure... but seeing the Visier Class a special cross-promotion on sale in their new zen store seems like a kick in the face to all those that had to chase around hunting for that limited promotion ship.

How does everyone else feel about this?

Edit: I didn't realise there was already a thread discussing this.
    Link: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1252233/harcourt-mudd-store​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
    edited November 2019
    Well if they add the Mirror Guardian-class Cruiser from the limited timed Pop Culture Hero Coalition.
    latest?cb=20180107154726
    Then selling the limited time special cross-promotion of the Vizier wouldn't be such a slap in the face.
    151c2593cbc6ec80abea756ebac1a3ba1479323533.jpg​​
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    loucosta wrote: »
    think i'd rather see them working to squash the bugs they introduced with the last few patches over working on making more cash tbh, all these items are basically token items, good in their day but not much use today IMHO.
    Would be interesting to know if these incoming boffs will have heads or if its another 500 zen to purchase them as a slot item for each lol

They are working to fix bugs, they are also doing this. Those tasks are not mutually exclusive, it is not this or that.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    I hope they add the Mirror Guardian, I've wanted that for so TRIBBLE long, they sold out in like the first 10 minutes of that fundraiser going live and I barely missed out on it, having misplaced my wallet and not finding it till about 20 minutes later.

I'm also hoping that with this we might see the Special oddysey with the unique hull material that was supposed to be from a collaboration with eaglemoss, but from my experience, and talking to others, not a single one of the codes were actually given out, with support giving conflicting information like "Oh it will be shipped out a few months later" or "Oh its in the magazine you recieved."
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I don't know how I feel about this news. Discounting past unobtainable items seems good in theory. If it was event rewards sure... but seeing the Visier Class a special cross-promotion on sale in their new zen store seems like a kick in the face to all those that had to chase around hunting for that limited promotion ship.

Link: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1252233/harcourt-mudd-store​​

Why is it so terrible? You have had the ship exclusively for 3 years with a set piece console and trait. That's a long time to enjoy the ship and set.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Funny how you feel spoken to claiming that you should not be spoken to before you bring in an argument that you are in fact *the* stereotype of person who should exactly be spoken to. :D

Was just about to post the same thing.. some people here really are good for a laugh. :lol:
    Not seen the prices yet but this stinks of cashgrab.

Anytime Cryptic does anything to make some money.. people yell 'cash grab.'

Hate to break it to you, but Cryptic is a business, not a charity. They need to make money to keep the game going.

Taking items people want and selling them in the store isn't a 'cash grab' it's called good business and there is nothing wrong with it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Got some mixed feelings. Would I like to see them add, say, the T6 D'Kora Marauder to Mudd's store? Probably not (it was an exclusive gift for being a big spender). Would I mind enough to be upset about it if they did? Probably not either. :)

Exclusivity is nice and all, but, when too strictly applied, I would, for instance, never have been able to get the Red Matter capacitor.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User

As someone who was able to get the Vizier when it launched, I don't care. I expected it to be added to the C-store eventually for around 3000 Zen. Getting it through the Attack Wing promo just meant that I got it early and for half price. My only complaint is that the promotion could've been handled better, with specifics about if/when the Vizier would be added to the C-store.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User

Hate to break it to you, but Cryptic is a business, not a charity. They need to make money to keep the game going.

Taking items people want and selling them in the store isn't a 'cash grab' it's called good business and there is nothing wrong with it.

In principle, I agree. But you also need to be careful, as a business, to not retro-actively change the deal from under ppl (even when the TOS says they can do anything they want). Like an artist selling a limited amount of lithographies, then suddenly printing them by the thousands. Exclusivity is a commodity, like anything else, and reneging on it devaluates the goods ppl bought, for sure (even if said value is just emotional).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

In principle, I agree. But you also need to be careful, as a business, to not retro-actively change the deal from under ppl (even when the TOS says they can do anything they want). Like an artist selling a limited amount of lithographies, then suddenly printing them by the thousands. Exclusivity is a commodity, like anything else, and reneging on it devaluates the goods ppl bought, for sure (even if said value is just emotional).

For the Vizier, it was the only way to get the ship at the time, but I don't recall anything in the marketing saying that was a perpetual thing. I think that was something people made up in their own minds.

Exactly!​​
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Why creating a divide among the playerbase? It was great to have access to some of these on Phoenix packs and why now this?

Well I guess too late and only way to make it fair is to add the Golden Ferengi Nagus Marauder, Geordi and Lorca Boffs or anything that was considered "exclusive"? I agree anything less that this does not make sense and illogical.​​

For the Vizier, it was the only way to get the ship at the time, but I don't recall anything in the marketing saying that was a perpetual thing. I think that was something people made up in their own minds.

It was exclusive to the Promo. You couldn't obtain it any other way. A lot of people spent a lot of time and money hunting for that little ship. For them to give them away at discount is just bad business practise and sending a message that nothing is special or exclusive. I won't be surprised if they give away the lifetime exclusives in their store too.​​

Link: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1252233/harcourt-mudd-store

Why is it so terrible? You have had the ship exclusively for 3 years with a set piece console and trait. That's a long time to enjoy the ship and set.

Well I hope players that didn't bother or care to chase it have to pay out of their nose for it. It was promo exclusive for a reason.​​
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    OK, I'm not sure where the Reddit comment came from as I haven't been able to find it, but I did get confirmation that the primary store items are account unlocked. Also, if you have the old rewards already, they do not become retroactively account unlocked. One would have to buy the item from this store for the account unlock.

Excellent news, now I do not mind it being in the Zen store and paying for missing items.

In regards to the T6 Nagus Marauder - I am hoping that it will appear in the Mudd shop, simply because;

(A) There was no means of acquiring other than an obscure email with no specifics in amount spent - I know for a fact I had spend thousands of dollars in this game, and never received one. So the means of measurement is still in the air.

(B) It is a T6 variant of the marauder - something that is missing in the game.

Also would love to see the TR from the Target stores promo with original gun skin make it in the MUDD shop - donot care if it is a TRIBBLE weapon, but just to have would be nice, especially as a starter wep.

Take it the original Steam starter bundle promo pack is out of the question <-- long shot seeing it in the shop

Geordi and Lorca BO be nice to see

I see potential with the MUDD store xD - That is as long as they introduce new rarities etc...

AND for the LOVE of PETE - Can I get my HAT for my Kelvin timeline Admiral Uniform - Oh while you're at it - A tier 6 Armstrong class from the Kelvin timeline universe, along with the 4 nacele counterpart xD
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
This discussion has been closed.