test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Training Manuals Not Working, Skill Selection Not Working

Support said to share this problem, so here it is. I have a crew member who is a Pilot, but it won't allow me to use the training manuals for the abilities that show up in his skills list. The other problem is trying to switch abilities on a crew member. It just won't allow me to do it. Anyone else experience these problems?

Comments

• darkstar#8047 darkstar Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    This might be obvious and you have probably already done it, but is the officer you are trying to train in a Pilot's seat. You can't train the abilities unless they are in the correct seat, and the right rank slots. Also the manuals need to be in your inventory not the bank, even though they show up as able to be trained when in the bank it won't work unless they are in the inventory.
    The other thing is you can't train while inside a mission, you need to be out in sector space or space port etc.
    Sorry if you already know this and have done it.
  • unifyingforceunifyingforce Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I to am having the training problems. I sat in earth spacedock asked zone chat and fleet if theres a fix or work around.

So far nothing. Only certain training manuals work. I know medical generator fabrication 3 in fact is bugged. It's in my inventory and have plenty of expertise to use it. None of my engineering bridge officers can use it.
  • names2long#2415 names2long Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Sorry to respond with nothing to do with your question, but I'm really frustrated with the lack of reply I'm getting to my emails to the community@crypticstudios support folks. I'm trying to report a bug in a new forum thread so that I can send a link of the thread to the support staff so that they will move forward with helping me (I don't know why I can't be helped until I start a thread, but that is the policy, apparently). Unfortunately, there's also a hold on posting new threads when you sign up and no-one has replied to the three emails I've sent trying to get permission to start a thread. Can someone PLEASE give me permission to start a thread so that I can move forward on trying to get my bug resolved? Thank you to anyone who reads this and can help me (and sorry again for hijacking this thread for this purpose).