What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Breen space set

2»

Comments

• shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    Found the breen deflector mission it is in with a bunch of other missions
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    This set needs an update. It's way underpowered compared to pretty much any other set.
    breen, Adapted Maco /KHGand Omega all need a update. the defera sets would be good with a warp core that unlocks a good set of powers

I wouldn't mind seeing warp cores for the older sets and them get a polishing. At the same time though, not every set needs a warp core. I'm not opposed to new options being given, but I also don't want to see the sets get mediocre warp cores purely to make a 4th piece "cause reasons," if you catch my drift. I realize that's not what you're advocating for and that's just me making the generalized point. Options are good, but too many can be overwhelming.
    They really do need to update the Breen set, even if it's only a small one like the Jem Hadar set.

Even with the small update to the set with the Gamma missions, it's now a viable option to use, not for ultra dps builds, but for ADV TFOs, it's now just enough.

Jem'hadar set is slanted more towards the survival side of the DPS/Survival&Tank spectrum, always has been honestly. Before the crew mechanic was removed, it buffed your crew and made them much harder to kill off. The set also grants a fair damage boost to Polaron. Not a fan of the 3 piece as it's meh imo, but could have some limited uses. With re-engineering being a thing, that set has gotten extremely potent as of late. The set was always viable it just wasn't going to be anyone's go to for uber damage. For that matter I use it on my discovery constitution for the durability. If you're looking for a free non-rep set that will give you good damage reduction, and a slight boost to your weapons (assuming polaron build) then the Jem'hadar set will do you great. About the only free set that tops that imo for durability and survival is the Sol Defense.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It's almost never optimal to use a full 4pc set anyway. The best stat boosts tend to be at 2pc, so it's usually better to mix things up rather than match suboptimal set pieces just for some clicky gimmick.
This discussion has been closed.