test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Space Set Recommendations: Tac Odyssey, Engineer Capt

gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
edited November 2019 in The Shipyard
There has been an explosion in space sets since I left about 5-6 years ago. I have the old MACO and assimilated Borg set already. I would like to begin working toward equipping my Tac Odyssey (5-u) with a more up to date set. I am an engineering cap and am open to all suggestions. So what do you think? Thanks in advance

Comments

• natureyouscarynatureyouscary Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Energy dmg builds typically use the same setup. Colony deflector, competitive engines (heal version) plus shields, plasma spire warp core. With the energy wrap cost reduct and eps.
    Enjoy
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    So you left around Legacy of Romulus.
    The old Borg 2-piece and MACO shield still works albeit it being overtaken by newer sets so with that equipped you should be fine while going through the content and till level 65.

Keep in mind that the focus is more on swarm NPC and kinetic damage so that might take some getting used to.
    What do you want with your oddy? Tanking, regular survival or more DPS focus?

Most new mission reward sets are pretty good and can be combined to fit your play style while you get the reps back up and decide where to go from there.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Thanks for the response. My plan is to level up to 65 with my engineer character and then, based on that experience, decide whether to stick with my engineering character as a main or level up one of my level 50 science or tactical characters. I have my character at level 60 now so shouldn’t be too much longer.Ultimate goal is end game PVE

> @questerius said:
    > So you left around Legacy of Romulus.
    > The old Borg 2-piece and MACO shield still works albeit it being overtaken by newer sets so with that equipped you should be fine while going through the content and till level 65.
    >
    > Keep in mind that the focus is more on swarm NPC and kinetic damage so that might take some getting used to.
    > What do you want with your oddy? Tanking, regular survival or more DPS focus?
    >
    > Most new mission reward sets are pretty good and can be combined to fit your play style while you get the reps back up and decide where to go from there.
  • gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Thanks for the response. I appreciate it
    Energy dmg builds typically use the same setup. Colony deflector, competitive engines (heal version) plus shields, plasma spire warp core. With the energy wrap cost reduct and eps.
    Enjoy