test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Harcourt Mudd Store

Comments

• Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    OK, I'm not sure where the Reddit comment came from as I haven't been able to find it, but I did get confirmation that the primary store items are account unlocked. Also, if you have the old rewards already, they do not become retroactively account unlocked. One would have to buy the item from this store for the account unlock.

So in other words if I have toons that haven’t claimed it yet I better do it in the next 2 days
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > OK, I'm not sure where the Reddit comment came from as I haven't been able to find it, but I did get confirmation that the primary store items are account unlocked. Also, if you have the old rewards already, they do not become retroactively account unlocked. One would have to buy the item from this store for the account unlock.

Actually the dev was on Reddit sto discord channel on discord itself.

Thought I had put that in my original comment but doesn't look like I did. Which is weird as I was basically certain I had.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Barring the Crystalline AP Energy Torpedo, which I either earned on a bunch of Characters or bought it in the Phoenix Store, I have everything but the Featured Episode Rewards as Account Unlocks, either in the C-Store Promotions Tab or Dilitium Store.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    OK, I'm not sure where the Reddit comment came from as I haven't been able to find it, but I did get confirmation that the primary store items are account unlocked. Also, if you have the old rewards already, they do not become retroactively account unlocked. One would have to buy the item from this store for the account unlock.

Solet me get this straight. The BOFFS I got from a Star Trek Convention, will no longer be available to me for free anymore, instead I have to purchase more ZEN, to reclaim my item that I should already get for free?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    edited November 2019
    Sorry, I guess I could've been more clear. If they were not account unlocked before, they will not retroactively become account unlocked.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
    Try it this way. If you already have, for example, an Ophidian Cane or a Breen boff on a toon, it won't be automatically unlocked account-wide when the Mudd Store goes live. You'll still have to buy it if you want it on other toons.
    latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
    Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
  • Options
    What about my codes? I have BOFF codes, if I don't claim them on some of my characters, I have to buy them again?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    shadowkosh wrote: »

So in other words if I have toons that haven’t claimed it yet I better do it in the next 2 days

What do you mean?

sukhothai wrote: »
    What about my codes? I have BOFF codes, if I don't claim them on some of my characters, I have to buy them again?

I have no idea what you're referring to. What codes? What BOFFs?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Selling Featured Episode rewards in the C-Store makes me very unhappy. I've been playing this game since Season 5 and have created 23 characters. A lot of the new ones don't have Shard/Cane/Breen/Reman officers. I've been waiting for literal years for another rerun only to discover that they are going to make me pay money to unlock them. Charging players for items that were once free is a very bad business practice. I can think of dozens of ways the C-store could be improved, but this is not one of them.

1. Redesign the C-Store Starship tabs so that we can easily see bridge officer layout, mouse over for the starship trait/ship console/special weapons.
    2. Give us the ability to sort C-store ships by faction/ship type and do a side-by-side comparison of 2-3 ships.
    3. Allow us to buy Duty officer packs with guaranteed purple officers. It is almost 2020, the doff system is almost 7 years old, nobody is using white/green officers anymore for anything other than the Fleet Holdings.
    4. Sell XP boosts that are of actual real value or sell specialization points (10000 XP boosts are worthless when it is 150k XP to level up for spec points)
    5. Sell single copies of special hard-to-get Lockbox duty officers from long ago (Tanan, Marion Frances Dulmur, Zemok Jenro
    , etc.)
    6. Sell reputation auto-fill tokens so that we can get through rep automatically every time it is off cooldown.

Things like the above would actually add value to the store. Selling limited time mission rewards? That will make a quick dollar, but has limited long-term value.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2019

Solet me get this straight. The BOFFS I got from a Star Trek Convention, will no longer be available to me for free anymore, instead I have to purchase more ZEN, to reclaim my item that I should already get for free?

No.
    Anything already unlocked in the C-Store remains unlocked.
    This is an extra item for people that don't already have the BOFFs unlocked.
    The BOFF codes were already account-wide unlocks.
    If you entered a code for BOFFs, nothing changes for you.

The "retroactive" part only referred to items such as the Ophidian cane pack, which previously were character-only unlocks from playing missions.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    Barring the Crystalline AP Energy Torpedo, which I either earned on a bunch of Characters or bought it in the Phoenix Store, I have everything but the Featured Episode Rewards as Account Unlocks, either in the C-Store Promotions Tab or Dilitium Store.

Mudd's store has the Crystalline Energy weapons, not AP torpedo. The AP torp was a character bound event reward, before they made event rewards account-unlocks.
    At least, that's how I read it.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post... didn't the forums use to auto-merge posts?
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    So let me get this straight. The BOFFS I got from a Star Trek Convention, will no longer be available to me for free anymore, instead I have to purchase more ZEN, to reclaim my item that I should already get for free?
    To my knowledge, if you have Leeta, the TOS boffs, etc... as account unlocks already, those items will be greyed out in the store since you already have them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2019
    Why don't they just add it to the Latinum Store area, that area needs more merchandise to sell?

Yea I'd agree with that statement above. They added Dance Club Wear almost 3 years earlier but aside from a few Holograms that last an hour or Sunglasses on Risa there really isn't much to do with the Ferengi Prized High Currency.

I have no problem with the Mudd Store in CSTORE; just wished options for GPL as some have mentioned.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The DHC or Beam Array, those are Account Unlocked too for me.

Also, to eventually add Garak, Bashir, and Kira.

Previous specials that I also have unlocked are the Mirror Guardian and Mirror Danube.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    This player base never ceases to amaze me.

People complain all the time about having to 'gamble' in Phoenix Boxes to get items they missed.. you see posts all the time asking to just let us purchase them for Zen instead of having to jump through hoops.

Now they re-introduce missed items for Zen as account unlocks.. and people complain. I guess there really is no right answer that Cryptic can give is there?

If you're all triggered because you might have to pay some Zen to unlock something like The Shard or some Bridge Officer.. then just don't do it. It's not like anything in there is a 'must have' item anyway, you just want it because you missed it. If you don't want to pay money.. don't, you can get this stuff without any money.

Some people are just looking for reasons to complain.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I don't see Cryptic retroactively going back on players that already have some, or all, of these items that are account-wide & not keeping them account-wide anymore for those players. I don't think Cryptic has ever done that. I tend to think of it as like what's called a Grandfather clause.

To play it safe though if any player(s) has any convention codes for account-wide BOFFs/DOFFs I'd think it would be better to play it safe & apply them to one's account now.

It also depends upon however the pricing of this will be & if it is per character or for account-wide. I'm getting a feeling that Cryptic might price this info-commercial at a premium sadly, but I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    The one thing I wanted, Bio-Engineered Furiadon Combat Pet, taken out of this year's Unto The Breach, now can only be bought,
    not even put in the Phoenix Box which are easy to get on that level. Terrific. Well, the first time something is offered to earn in-game, don't miss it. It'll cost ya. Literally.
  • Options

What do you mean?

If I haven’t claimed stuff like the Dino or crystalline torpedo on certain toons I should do it now because those account wide unlock I have now will be lost and I will have to buy them
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited November 2019

What do you mean?

If I haven’t claimed stuff like the Dino or crystalline torpedo on certain toons I should do it now because those account wide unlock I have now will be lost and I will have to buy them

Nope.

If you have an account unlock now, you will still have an account unlock a year from now.

If you have some per-character item like the cane, you are just not getting a free upgrade to an account unlock.

No one is losing anything, you just aren't getting a free zen store item.

---

I have multiple "copies" of account unlocks for some things, like ships from the Delta pack that I also got from a charity donation or Groupee buy. I have two separate Holo-Leeta unlocks. Ships show up in both the ship section and promotion section, for Leeta there are two entries in the promotion tab.

The stores support multiple, different unlocks for the same item.
  • Options
    And that’s what I want to be sure if I just don’t want to have the dinosaur which is an account unlock and then all of a sudden lose it if I create a new tune and then I have to go spend money on something I had already worked to get previously
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    If we might have to pay some Zen to unlock some things do you think they could put the landing screen in the store?

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Also maybe the Nagus will replace the Vizier after several months?

I don't see that happening. Seeing the Vizier available though is a good thing. I was lucky to get mine, and now more people will be able to get one. Maybe we'll see the Nagus added to the store, but I don't see them replacing the Vizier.

This is an interesting move, however I feel some of this outrage is premature. Until we know the prices, we should just be patient.
    How about have mudds marketplace take the useless gpl currency that youve had us stockpiling forever.

We do need a use for GPL. I still say make the Dilithium outfits GPL. I would GLADLY stop building pyramids with my GPL and spend it on those outfits.

I think latinum outta be used for buying those outfits we saw in the foundry....I want those TOS Romulan and Klingon thigh boots...and I DON'T mean the TOS Romulan one from c store.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The one thing I wanted, Bio-Engineered Furiadon Combat Pet, taken out of this year's Unto The Breach, now can only be bought,
    not even put in the Phoenix Box which are easy to get on that level. Terrific. Well, the first time something is offered to earn in-game, don't miss it. It'll cost ya. Literally.
    That's kinda always been true... Limited edition items generally come back, in some fashion, but never as freebies. For FE replay rewards, those were always single copy items and they were originally announced as being available for one week only.

Kinda like that mission where you flew the Enterprise-F for a few minutes while it was in Utopia Planitia. If you were around when that event was live you'd get a free T5 ship.

The same is true of the T5 Ambassador. For a limited time period you could get it just by playing a mission.

You can still get a T3 ship from Temporal Ambassador, but not the T5 ship. The Ent-F mission isn't even playable anymore. It hasn't been since the event was over. You CAN get the T5 Oddy prototype from your fleet shipyard but it's stupidly expensive.

Which is better: Furiadons as an account unlock, or a single item out of a purple Phoenix box?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    And that’s what I want to be sure if I just don’t want to have the dinosaur which is an account unlock and then all of a sudden lose it if I create a new tune and then I have to go spend money on something I had already worked to get previously

Existing account unlocks are not going to be taken away. This is just a new, separate, account unlock that is only for people who do not already have the existing unlock, and for items that never did have an account unlock.

Your unlock will still be there.

For an item where you DID NOT have an account unlock, you are just not getting a free unlock that you did not have before. That is the case where you must spend the cash monies IF you want an unlock.
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    If we might have to pay some Zen to unlock some things do you think they could put the landing screen in the store?
    That would be great though, tbh, I'd pay to NOT have it in game at all.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options

I received Special Convention codes at Star Trek Las Vegas for Leeta, Geordi, Lorca, The TOS Crew. When I received these codes from the STO table, I was told that the convention was the only place to get these special BOFFs.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I already miss being able to get them via missions. I guess they don't want to add them to phoenix to prevent it from making a bigger impact to the dilex.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    When I received these codes from the STO table, I was told that the convention was the only place to get these special BOFFs.

And at the time you were told that, it was 100% true.

Now they have been made available through other means.

The good news?

Other people getting these items in no way takes anything away from you.. so it shouldn't matter in the least. I already have almost all of these formerly 'exclusive' items as well.

The fact that others can now get them as well doesn't hurt me in the least so it's not worth my time to try and find a reason to be offended. :wink:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    I'm not sure why people are making such a big deal out of this.

What is the purpose of this discussion, just on its face alone it's really irrelevant?

Is it not all; already technically free. All of it.... all of it?

So what if it's Zen. Does Dilithium not become zen and vice versa? Is that not free? If someone is willing to pay then let them pay, if someone is not willing to pay then let them work. Does your knowledge of the game all of a sudden vanish when you see something you want and you hear the word zen?

So whats the point of all of this, besides to let the mask slip of the community?

I would see if the players who actually purchased the toys, or purchased tickets and hotels rooms and food at these venues and conventions and such to receive these items had an issue with it, but that's not the case. It's players that do not have the items that are clamoring for reform.

This is a company is it not? When are they entitled to any kind of income without being slandered? Players love to ask, why do we have gamble boxes in game, this is the worse! Yet here is the reason you have them. You won't even pay for small things which come fully loaded and heavily tilted in your favor. 5.00 is too much? 10.00 is too much? 20.00 is too much? to support the game you supposedly care about? Give me a break. You will gladly tout how you will pay the worlds ransom for an item you don't have but the moment it is presented that generosity dries up. Good luck getting more factions and more hero ships and faction specific ships.

I guess any price is too much for most of you guys, even if said price was nothing.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Now people are complaining about the

People complain all the time about having to 'gamble' in Phoenix Boxes to get items they missed.

I didn't.

Now they re-introduce missed items for Zen as account unlocks.. and people complain.
    These would be different people. Generalizing and putting everyone into some mass "people" just shows you're not concerned with accuracy. Some like the Phoenix system. Other's apparently would rather just buy everything.

But I see the way the wind is blowing. So let's get that Red Matter Capacitor in the C-Store! Pronto. 1000zen!

This discussion has been closed.