test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Great, they're making us spend Zen for stuff that used to be free rather than figuring out how to fit FE reruns back into the game.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    The Visier class was terribly hard to obtain, so I like that it's now becoming available in the Z-Store. As for the Cane, Shard, Boff's etc. they should have been unlocks in the Reclaim Tab account-wide once claimed on any character.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Nice cash-grab. Perfectly in line with what people have been asking since... how long, exactly?
    Hard pass. I won't spend a single zen on this travesty.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    From the text when the link did work:
    Star Trek Online is opening a new section of the Zen Store: Mudd’s Market! In this new area, you’ll be able to purchase items that have long been unobtainable in the game. Mudd’s Market is a permanent addition to the game, and all of the items listed below will be available for purchase. But Mudd follows the market, and there may be times where he has a lot of stock to unload, or he feels the demand is too low for an item. There will, without warning, be drastic sales on these items, so it’s important to check the Market every day to see if the item you’re seeking is on sale! Don’t delay, these items may not stay in the store forever. The Market will open for the first time on November 22nd at 8am PT.

The Beacon of Kahless, bundled with an Ultimate Tech Upgrade
    Command Assault Cruiser – Visier Class
    Crystalline Antiproton Energy Weapons, bundled with an Ultimate Tech Upgrade
    Bio-Engineered Furiadon Combat Pet, bundled with an Ultimate Tech Upgrade
    The Ophidian Cane, the Shard of Possibilities, and Reman and Breen Bridge Officers
    Emergency Medical Hologram Holographic Bridge Officer
    Original Series Enterprise Holographic Bridge Officers
    Leeta Holographic Bridge Officer

We’ll see you soon in the Market, Captains.

If this is true why not just move them to the Phoenix pack instead? What was the use of grinding for 14/21 days to get these former unique items when now I can buy them?

To make it fair can DEVs also include The Ferengi Nagus Marauder golden ship, Geordi and the Lorca BOFF?.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    From the text when the link did work:
    Star Trek Online is opening a new section of the Zen Store: Mudd’s Market! In this new area, you’ll be able to purchase items that have long been unobtainable in the game. Mudd’s Market is a permanent addition to the game, and all of the items listed below will be available for purchase. But Mudd follows the market, and there may be times where he has a lot of stock to unload, or he feels the demand is too low for an item. There will, without warning, be drastic sales on these items, so it’s important to check the Market every day to see if the item you’re seeking is on sale! Don’t delay, these items may not stay in the store forever. The Market will open for the first time on November 22nd at 8am PT.

The Beacon of Kahless, bundled with an Ultimate Tech Upgrade
    Command Assault Cruiser – Visier Class
    Crystalline Antiproton Energy Weapons, bundled with an Ultimate Tech Upgrade
    Bio-Engineered Furiadon Combat Pet, bundled with an Ultimate Tech Upgrade
    The Ophidian Cane, the Shard of Possibilities, and Reman and Breen Bridge Officers
    Emergency Medical Hologram Holographic Bridge Officer
    Original Series Enterprise Holographic Bridge Officers
    Leeta Holographic Bridge Officer

We’ll see you soon in the Market, Captains.

Why not just move them to the Phoenix Pack?

These were unique items that took 14/21 days of grinding and now you can just buy them? I guess that effort was useless but happy for those who complained about it.

To make it fair could Devs please include the Golden Ferengi Nagus Marauder, Geordi and Lorca Boffs? Anything less than that sends a bad signal to those were collecting unique items.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11300253-welcome-to-mudd's-market!

Working link, from the NEWS tab.

People have asked for some way to get the TOS holo-boffs. I'm fine with Cryptic selling them since it supports the game.

I agree that the episode rewards would make more sense in the Phoenix store, but nothing here is "necessary" so charging for it doesn't outrage me.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The link does work.

The Episode Rewards should have been put back into the Episodes as a Reward Choice on a normal run.

So we go from Featured Rerun Event where we got Lobi Daily and got those Rewards from playing the Episode to buying it from the C-Store.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The Visier class was terribly hard to obtain, so I like that it's now becoming available in the Z-Store. As for the Cane, Shard, Boff's etc. they should have been unlocks in the Reclaim Tab account-wide once claimed on any character.
    yeah 5 of these items are IMPOSSIBLE to get in game, and may never get re-released in their original form. Yes, I said 5. Leeta counts as two.

I am kinda puzzled about the old FE rewards, but.... if they're cheap enough they might be worth it.

Obviously I'm not gonna buy stuff in this store if I have it as an account unlock already. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    My question is if we have them as accounts unlock do we lose them
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The link does work.

The Episode Rewards should have been put back into the Episodes as a Reward Choice on a normal run.

So we go from Featured Rerun Event where we got Lobi Daily and got those Rewards from playing the Episode to buying it from the C-Store.
    Bingo.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Why don't they just add it to the Latinum Store area, that area needs more merchandise to sell?
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    My question is if we have them as accounts unlock do we lose them

I think if you have something as an account unlock (like the furiadon pet or the beacon of Kahless) they should remain account unlocked.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    They may be doing something with Account Unlocks in the Phoenix Store for Ships. They may eventually move the existing Event Rewards out of there as well. Maybe their ultimate goal is to consolidate into three Stores, Zen, Lobi, and Dilitium.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    People were asking for "any" way to get the items, so they will be put in to Zen store?
    I'm perfectly happy with it. I did not get any better than Very Rare (Purple) Phenix Pack token - ever, so I do not like it.
    All I want is clearly stated in Store description what is account unlock, what is character unlock and what is single purchase…
    The Cane, Shard of possibilities, Reman and Breen BOFFs originally were not account unlocks - and not character unlocks I think
    If the Crystaline Antiproton weapon is that first Energy torpedo, then it was character unlock.
    Furiadon combat dino was account unlock.
    No idea about the other things …
    Of course, it may be different now in the Zen store - after all, they are rare and usefull goods...
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    what i could say: it is a shame; free stuff earned by playing the game, now put in the zen store. if they want to put stuff in the zen store, then they could add the lobi costumes.
    I'm really happy not to be anymore a hard-working player. this game becomes more and more unpleasant.
    saber1973a wrote: »
    People were asking for "any" way to get the items, so they will be put in to Zen store?
    Funny thing is that people seem to be forgetting this isn't the first time event exclusives got added to the Z-store. IDIC tribbles for one example used to be an item exclusive to a specific Anniversary event. IE you had to login on a certain day, and talk to an NPC to get it. After that event was over the tribble was generally unobtainable. At one point they actually had it as a promo code at STLV, it was THAT rare. Then it got added as a purchasable item in the Z-store.

Old event exclusives: these might get added to the Phoenix box later. The blog mentions that the Mudd store might change periodically, so some of the items might be temporary residents before moving to Phoenix. Also the old event exclusives are the only items bundled with a UTU.

Several of the items have NEVER been available except form promo codes before. Vizier? That's the ship you had to buy a plastic toy to get. There was one code for each copy of the plastic toy and getting one now is WAY more than a Z-store purchase since it was a limited production run. All the holo boff codes were convention exclusives and such like things.

Which leaves the former FE rewards. I think this happened because the devs don't want to do an FE rerun event until the missions get updated.
    To make it fair could Devs please include the Golden Ferengi Nagus Marauder, Geordi and Lorca Boffs? Anything less than that sends a bad signal to those were collecting unique items.​​
    Maybe they will? Geordi and Lorca are super new, so probably a few months at least. Also maybe the Nagus will replace the Vizier after several months?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    what i could say: it is a shame; free stuff earned by playing the game, now put in the zen store. if they want to put stuff in the zen store, then they could add the lobi costumes.
    I'm really happy not to be anymore a hard-working player. this game becomes more and more unpleasant.

You're entitled to your opinions of course, but I disagree.

As long as they don't take away existing unlocks, "hard working players" who earned them will lose nothing except (I guess) bragging rights. They also didn't have to spend any zen, and have gotten to enjoy them for months or years.

Most of the changes over the last year or two have been (in my opinion) improvements, except nerfing some of the sources of easy marks like red alerts. Even that hasn't been "unpleasant" it just means it takes longer to earn reputations on a new character or earn marks for a new set of gear.

Event shinies moving to being all account unlocks was a big win for those of us who don't want to grind on every character and then still lose having the shiny on any newer characters.
  • yuriivanof#7696 yuriivanof Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    How about have mudds marketplace take the useless gpl currency that youve had us stockpiling forever. Whats the point besides stupid useless cosmetic baloney and trophies no one cares about bc they dont use the insides of their ships.
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Not sure about this most of those items are in the pheonix lockbox if they are charging dilithium or zen and its cheaper than regular store items, then I might be ok with this but if they start asking 3000 zen for a pheonix lockbox ship and 1000 zen for the dino pet then this will be very scummy.

These also must be account wide unlocks if they are charging zen for them.
  • captainjtietzcaptainjtietz Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I'm fine paying in Zen if need be, however I'd like to see a broader scope of items that were free to earn in-game. For example the items in the Phoenix Store, and perhaps items from the infinity lockboxes.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Also maybe the Nagus will replace the Vizier after several months?

I don't see that happening. Seeing the Vizier available though is a good thing. I was lucky to get mine, and now more people will be able to get one. Maybe we'll see the Nagus added to the store, but I don't see them replacing the Vizier.

This is an interesting move, however I feel some of this outrage is premature. Until we know the prices, we should just be patient.
    How about have mudds marketplace take the useless gpl currency that youve had us stockpiling forever.

We do need a use for GPL. I still say make the Dilithium outfits GPL. I would GLADLY stop building pyramids with my GPL and spend it on those outfits.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I put a lot of effort into getting some of these on all characters. But they seem to really hate feature episode replay, so I guess I don't mind this store. A lot of the stuff is convention rewards, so I think it's fair to give people a chance who can't go to conventions.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Feature Episode Replay has been a frivolous vestige begging to be put out of it's misery ever since they axed the original Lobi Scavenger Hunt. That was the one piece of unique gameplay the event ever had.

May it rest in peace, finally.

Sure, they could've put the rewards in the missions, but whatever. Important thing is they are available.
    You're entitled to your opinions of course, but I disagree.

As long as they don't take away existing unlocks, "hard working players" who earned them will lose nothing except (I guess) bragging rights. They also didn't have to spend any zen, and have gotten to enjoy them for months or years.
    Yeah realistically these items are all "old exclusives" that are NOT currently obtainable by playing the game. Some are FTFO rewards, but the FE replay rewards predate that paradigm of limited event reward and are essentially a precursor.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • warwolf01warwolf01 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I take it Defara isn't coming back. (I actually liked that ark.)

Well... Theirs always my stipend.

But seriously.. I see the sunset on the horizon.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I don't see how Defera has anything to do with this.
    I think there was talk of revamping the Defera Invasion Zone later on. However the Deferi themselves are generally disliked by most of the community in my experience because of many factors, one of which being basically their attitude of "we're not going to fight to survive against the Borg because The Balance must be considered".
    Basically, they're willing to LET themselves go extinct if their beliefs call for it.

However the discussion on the culture of the Deferi is a subject for another thread for another time.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    What the heck? Isn't this what the Phoenix prize pack is for? Folks have been asking for more additions to the Phoenix store for ages. Why make another store? And what's going to help keep the dilithium exchange in check? Not that Phoenix was working that well anymore, but if they actually added new stuff it might...this makes no sense whatsoever.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
This discussion has been closed.