test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingon Duties of Command

den3067den3067 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
First Episode Klingon Duties of Command.
I am now head of the House?
It has been awhile; but, I remember killing the traitor of a Captain on my first ship assignment but exactly when did I become the head of the house?
What? Which House?
Yes. I do remember that the Second in Command challenged the Captain and failed so I finished the job.
I think the second in command was Ch'gren's wife.

Was I in the same House as the Second in Command?
Just catching up on my StarTrek lore.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The game doesn't tell you what house the player is from.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    The game doesn't tell you what house the player is from.

Indeed it's even possible that J'mpok made a new (minor) house for you, there isn't only 24 houses after, there's 24 (or was it 25 I can't remember atm) great houses that are defined as being houses related to the House of Kahless (and thus to Kahless the Unforgetble aka the first Klingon Emperor) and those form the high council. However a house or more specifically a noble house is just the family and estate/property of a member of the klingon nobility.

Being made a head of a house means either that you were raised to nobility (if you were of not orginally a member of the nobility), or that you were the most senior member of your house in the klingon hierarchy and can speak for the house in public matters.

As far as I remember you're not related at all to other members of the starting ship crew and would not be member of their house.
    I think the devs basically decided to let the player write that into their character's bio. It doesn't matter for gameplay reasons.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I think i remember that once we help Worf, we are part of House Martok??, before that, we are just a minor house
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    gaevsman wrote: »
    I think i remember that once we help Worf, we are part of House Martok??, before that, we are just a minor house

It has been a while since I did that mission arc, but I seem to remember you get an honorary title of some sort and an invitation to one of their normally private events from House of Martok, not membership in it.
    I think the devs basically decided to let the player write that into their character's bio. It doesn't matter for gameplay reasons.

Yeah other then parts actually in the game like that character starts of as a junior officer (or essentially a civvie in case of the romulan characters) our history prior the game starting is up to us. That allows us to craft characters to be more like we want them and doesn't really cost the devs anything (once the game starts obviously the career of our character is based on that).
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Yeah other then parts actually in the game like that character starts of as a junior officer (or essentially a civvie in case of the romulan characters) our history prior the game starting is up to us. That allows us to craft characters to be more like we want them and doesn't really cost the devs anything (once the game starts obviously the career of our character is based on that).
    I play an Orion who is written as a Syndicate operative. Honor is for Klingon idiots. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    Only one of my KDF captains is actually Klingon (and that one is a augment from the 23rd century background story wise, not a wafflehead) almost all of them are Orions (I do not have anything against Klingons, they are just a bit two-dimensional in TNG to inspire much in the way of character ideas I am interested in playing).

One of my Orions has the backstory of being a Starfleet intelligence agent who stays in place even after the Alliance since she was in too deep to extract without backlash by then and she could do more good for the Alliance where she was) and most of the others are independents with the equivalent of a letter of marque from the Klingon government that hang around Drozanna rather than being a regular part of the KDF itself. One of them flirts with the edges of the Syndicate though none of them are actually part of it (and regularly take jobs to sabotage it in fact, though usually that is handled by a small doff party....).
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Like the Houses Greater or Minor in the Dune Universe.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • den3067den3067 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Was just curious. I asked because in the description on the first mission it said something about being made Head of the House.
    Yeah. Right now I am looking at the description for

Empire: Duties of Command and it states this:

As a Captain It is now your duty to inform the next of Kin that you are now Head of the House.

Main Question 1: So, I am wondering how that would work? I took over and became head of another Klingon House because I avenged their House and saved their Honor If I understand this right.
    And what was Ch'gren's House? A Minor House?
    Is it possible in Klingon Lore in the StarTrek Universe to do this?

Maybe there should be to more of a backstory here or something else added to the storyline giving a better explanation somewhere, and it could be a Diplomatic Mission.

And this all happens before I help the House of Mortok if I remember right.
    That would be this Episode:
    Warzone: Bringing Down The House: The House of Mortok seeks your assistance.
    gaevsman wrote: »

Main Question 2: So, maybe at the beginning Ch'gren's house is a Minor House and that as a Klingon we get to avenge and save their Honor, and then later we become part of the House of Mortok?

Comments?

spiritborn wrote: »
    I play an Orion who is written as a Syndicate operative. Honor is for Klingon idiots. :p

My current main KDF character is a klingon warrior (a klingon tactical officer to be exact) but my orion I play a minor matriarch who lets her XO be the public face for her crew while she remains in the backround (probably dressed as slave as to not draw unwanted attention).
This discussion has been closed.