test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Once More Unto the Breach!

Comments

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    gaevsman wrote: »
    So, if you manage to get 100% in the first part, there is no extra marks??, never been able to get 100% on the event version.
    There aren't enough hardpoints on the event version to even get 100%. Even with destroying all of them, the highest I've seen on the event version is like 70% or something. On the normal version they count for bonus marks.
    The hardpoints respawn, so it is possible to do it in the event version if the whole team agrees to wait. Someone tested it once, though, and it didn't count for anything.
    Yes, yes I did. Then I looked at the ending scorecard to see it's not even on the card.
    But in the subcore room it would indeed be much more useful if (at least 3) players would spread out to open all the cores at once to advance the mission instead of dawdling with the optionals and leaving one player to fly back and forth between the cores.
    Enh, freeing all the ships is faster than shooting up the core once. Then the distraction is over. :p
    Not always in PUG groups. Often I blow up all 3 sub cores much faster then the others blow up the ships. In my last run I had solo killed the 3 subcores and moved into the main core room and blown that up while the others where still messing around trying to blow pointless ships up. By the time they got to the main core room I was already turned around and heading out.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    So, if you manage to get 100% in the first part, there is no extra marks??, never been able to get 100% on the event version.
    There aren't enough hardpoints on the event version to even get 100%. Even with destroying all of them, the highest I've seen on the event version is like 70% or something. On the normal version they count for bonus marks.
    The hardpoints respawn, so it is possible to do it in the event version if the whole team agrees to wait. Someone tested it once, though, and it didn't count for anything.
    Yes, yes I did. Then I looked at the ending scorecard to see it's not even on the card.
    But in the subcore room it would indeed be much more useful if (at least 3) players would spread out to open all the cores at once to advance the mission instead of dawdling with the optionals and leaving one player to fly back and forth between the cores.
    Enh, freeing all the ships is faster than shooting up the core once. Then the distraction is over. :p
    Not always in PUG groups. Often I blow up all 3 sub cores much faster then the others blow up the ships. In my last run I had solo killed the 3 subcores and moved into the main core room and blown that up while the others where still messing around trying to blow pointless ships up. By the time they got to the main core room I was already turned around and heading out.
    Pretty sure that has more to do with you doing WTF levels of damage and little to do with the actual objectives. Realistically would it have made a difference if the rest of the team had followed your lead?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Exactly.

And even with good players, it would STILL be faster to split up to open all the cores at once and leave the two spare players to blast the ships at the same time, rather than everyone wait for the ships to go out first however fast it would be.
    edited November 2019
    Pretty sure that has more to do with you doing WTF levels of damage and little to do with the actual objectives. Realistically would it have made a difference if the rest of the team had followed your lead?

Its not my damage because I had zero tactical damage consoles fitted and it’s on normal so it only takes a tiny amount of damage to destroy the sub cores, far less damage then it takes to destroy the ships.

If 2 people have followed my lead it would have been even faster. As I use mines I sometimes have problems interacting with the sub core open button and as I fly big slow ships moving around is slow, so two others could have opened and destroyed the subcores in the other two spots.

Warpangel has it right if people are working as a team and paying attention to each other then the most optimal choice for the team is to split between destroying ships and doing sub cores with the main focus on sub cores as that’s the primary mission. The ships don’t really matter they are just there for the 2 people with nothing useful to do.

Likewise if the team all type your top impulse speed within the starting wait timer you know who is the optimal choice for the trench run.

• burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    You've got that backwards. People wait things out because the missions are dumbed down. Nothing needs a full team and people know it.

The breach racetrack is a perfect example. Only the first ship through counts for anything, so the rest might as well just wait for the insta-teleport button to show up.
    Really? 'cause in most runs everyone is just running the trench to see who can get there fastest.
    Never seen anyone have a meaningful race.

I built a ship specifically for the trench run a long while back (it can perform well in elites so I'm not starving Peter to pay Paul..not that normal breach is hard, mind) and I'm having great fun hitting 5k+impulse down the trench, challenging my teamates to beat me, letting them get ahead then hitting plaid speed

Its why my ship is called the 'time gate destroyer' in klingon as typically the maps completed with 12 to 14 minutes left on the clock
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I was in a ridiculous run last night. Charged in, got to the first defense node and beat them down. No one else was there. Went to the next and before I made it got the summons to the Breach Site. Got there after a bit of a lag for the button to show up and the Breach was already done.

Raced into the Subcore room and shot at a Voth ship, but there were no ships to free. Went to fire at a Subcore and seemed they were done as the Subcores were all open. Raced into the Core room and positioned myself to the back but noticed the Core was done. Went to the door and got out quickly noting that stuff was already exploding. Did get out on time. Everyone else was out.

That must have been a speed run by some high DPSers. It was very quick but not any 'fun'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I have my Bajoran Interceptor, the "Wilde Wutz" set up to speed through the trench with ludicrous speed to summon the team for the second part. I don't deal much damage with her, but I'm there to make sure the trench run is over in under a minute pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited November 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    I was in a ridiculous run last night. Charged in, got to the first defense node and beat them down. No one else was there. Went to the next and before I made it got the summons to the Breach Site. Got there after a bit of a lag for the button to show up and the Breach was already done.

Raced into the Subcore room and shot at a Voth ship, but there were no ships to free. Went to fire at a Subcore and seemed they were done as the Subcores were all open. Raced into the Core room and positioned myself to the back but noticed the Core was done. Went to the door and got out quickly noting that stuff was already exploding. Did get out on time. Everyone else was out.

That must have been a speed run by some high DPSers. It was very quick but not any 'fun'.
    DPS has very little meaning to event Breach, since there are exactly three things on the entire map you need to shoot (door, subcore, main core) and only the last of them has any significant HP. Even more so now it's not even available on Advanced anymore.

It's all about flight speed.
    burstorion wrote: »
    You've got that backwards. People wait things out because the missions are dumbed down. Nothing needs a full team and people know it.

The breach racetrack is a perfect example. Only the first ship through counts for anything, so the rest might as well just wait for the insta-teleport button to show up.
    Really? 'cause in most runs everyone is just running the trench to see who can get there fastest.

I built a ship specifically for the trench run a long while back (it can perform well in elites so I'm not starving Peter to pay Paul..not that normal breach is hard, mind) and I'm having great fun hitting 5k+impulse down the trench, challenging my teamates to beat me, letting them get ahead then hitting plaid speed

Its why my ship is called the 'time gate destroyer' in klingon as typically the maps completed with 12 to 14 minutes left on the clock
    That's something I can relate to as I did the same in previous years. Not tried it so far this year but I used to swap in all the inertia and flight speed items like the Polaric Modulator and Undine Engine, fit the speed traits, wormhole generator , Impulse Cap Cell console e.c.t it was fun for a while but I ended up swapping most of it out as it wasn't that useful for the rest of the game. Not sure if its worth swapping it back in for this event. Perhaps I should fit part of it again.
    burstorion wrote: »

That's something I can relate to as I did the same in previous years. Not tried it so far this year but I used to swap in all the inertia and flight speed items like the Polaric Modulator and Undine Engine, fit the speed traits, wormhole generator , Impulse Cap Cell console e.c.t it was fun for a while but I ended up swapping most of it out as it wasn't that useful for the rest of the game. Not sure if its worth swapping it back in for this event. Perhaps I should fit part of it again.
    I settle for turning my power to 100% engines and flying something with cloak so the turrets don't stop me from using full impulse in the non-boost zones. I'm still at the end before the pugs have passed the first turret cluster most of the time. And when someone faster than me comes along (average once or twice per event run), I don't mind at all if they run the stupid track for me.

As interesting it might be on a conceptual level to make a full-on Flash build, in the end it would take longer to set up than the time it would save speeding through the mission.

I would really like to see a real ship race mission, though, where performance would affect the outcome rather than just shave a few seconds off the mission clock. Perhaps even a competitive race.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Setting it up is easy if you remember you can switch precreated setups as long as you have the parts in your inventory and you are not under red alert - set it up and you'll always have it as long as you fly the same ship

I have two setups - one with my speed boff layout, another with combat - as soon as I'm at the door I switch power setting and setup and I'm ready for battle

As to the speed build, I'll give a simple, cheap combo for a good 2.5k burst at least, good for clearing approx 60 to 70% of the trench run in under 15s
    Epte>A2D>Impulse cell (or evasive)>Dueterium surplus (craftable and oh so spammable with a fast cd and a 20 stack capacity)

Then just hit full impulse, epte, a2d , evasive, and deut surplus as often as possible to clear the bend to the gate and the corridoors

Naturally in all cases, max out your engine power and aux (as aux affects a2d)

• lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Just a silly suggestion...

I was reading the upcoming event calendar and noticed "Hearts and Mind" coming back on Friday, December 13th.

How about using Hearts and Mind once for the T6 campaign progress, as there are no FTFO that will be running at that time? I'm pretty sure they could use the the massive participation somehow for their Big-Data collection.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User

Or it could be that the system dumped you into the scenario late. It happens more often when there is a long delay between accepting the TFO and it taking you there, though it sometimes happens even when there is not much delay at all.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    For me, with what limited time i have i prefer the patrols to the breech.
    Only one more day to go. Hope the next featured TFO is more to my liking.

The breech is a particular taste.
    That said, since Disco content is slowing down, it is quite possible that the Voth are being set up to be the next big antagonist.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    Time to redo that Bulwark and stick it back into an R&D Promotion Pack. ;)

No, I had to wait out the timer at the start and did take out the first defense grid.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    reyan01 wrote: »

Or it could be that the system dumped you into the scenario late. It happens more often when there is a long delay between accepting the TFO and it taking you there, though it sometimes happens even when there is not much delay at all.

Entirely possible

But by the same token it is possible that 'high' DPS'ers steamrollered the instance. I mean, I am by no means a high DPS'er (I've never improved on my DSC Constitution's 86k, and average about 65 - 70k) but with the fact that its a 'Normal' difficulty level mission in mind, even the DPS I bring to the table is enough to make short work of the average 'event' instance of this.
    The majority of the time in this mission is spent flying around the giant map, nothing to do with DPS.
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

Entirely possible

But by the same token it is possible that 'high' DPS'ers steamrollered the instance. I mean, I am by no means a high DPS'er (I've never improved on my DSC Constitution's 86k, and average about 65 - 70k) but with the fact that its a 'Normal' difficulty level mission in mind, even the DPS I bring to the table is enough to make short work of the average 'event' instance of this.
    The majority of the time in this mission is spent flying around the giant map, nothing to do with DPS.

High DPS AoE attacks means anything that shows up is insta-killed and the special speed at which ships travel makes it even faster. I ran the FTFO with some extremely low DPS groups a few time, and once with a leech and 3 low DPS. You have no idea how painful it is, especially when you reach the subcore room.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    They still haven't finished the bottom of the ship- at the end of the mission when you flee the core room, fly out and then down underneath it and look up, you'll notice the bottom of the ship is transparent and you can see the entire interior. Don't try to fly into it though, your ship will be instantly destroyed by Cold damage! :D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    They still haven't finished the bottom of the ship- at the end of the mission when you flee the core room, fly out and then down underneath it and look up, you'll notice the bottom of the ship is transparent and you can see the entire interior. Don't try to fly into it though, your ship will be instantly destroyed by Cold damage! :D
    You're not supposed to go down there, there's probably a missing invisiwall :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    They probably left it off to save vertices, that set is quite busy compared to the usual outer space scene. That or they might have the texture on the wrong side which would make a bottom closing panel invisible.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    Didn't we used to get Mark boxes with TFO's?
    250 Fleet Marks & a 500-of-your-choice box?
    Why do we not get those any more?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    Because these are 'reimagined' TFOs and they are no longer doing it that way. The Bonus Days after completion of said Main Event now awards an increasing sliding scale of Dilitium ranging on the first Bonus Day of 2,500 to a max of 25,000 with it increasing to that in 2,500 increments each successive day. It also does not award the Bonus Marks Pack.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Because these are 'reimagined' TFOs and they are no longer doing it that way. The Bonus Days after completion of said Main Event now awards an increasing sliding scale of Dilitium ranging on the first Bonus Day of 2,500 to a max of 25,000 with it increasing to that in 2,500 increments each successive day. It also does not award the Bonus Marks Pack.

A fast possibly non accurate response: Yes but they had that in mind for an average player's work on dil. that average player would also get bonus marks. plus, a few yet multiple chars' could in the past gain the same amount of dil with less days and bonus marks even though on similar amount of runs I presume, but it was useful - as if one had e.g. a vocation / event / other things preventing one from running on same day, one could have compensated and able to get the same amount of dil, and also with fleet marks, on same days. (e.g. nowadays dil earn is not necessarily quicker even if still could be hefty) *also no more keeping currently gained once per 24 hours per account's (as opposed to past gained though) commendations for rainy days/terms in which you could not run the event and no non paid second chance anymore.

Also, I am aware runs themselves grant marks. that's beside the point as it was possible to do so in the past too and get that too along with bonus pack in the past.
    It is accurate because they changed what they are doing with Featured TFOs. What was in the beforetimes no longer is what they are doing. I don't know why they changed it so there is no Marks awards besides what you get from the TFO itself.

They got rid of the Daily Marks Bonus in the Blue Moon Red Alerts. They got rid of the Daily Marks Bonus from the 'reimagined' Patrols. They never explained it they just did it.

Also besides Red Alerts, 'reimagined' Patrols, Endeavor Marks Choice reward packs, and the current Featured TFO there is no all Marks Choice awards.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    No matter how far into the event you get there's still the occasional noob who doesn't get what a decoy is and attacks the fake sub cores. Lucky all it takes is a science team to counter the EMP but it's still annoying.
    They got rid of the Daily Marks Bonus in the Blue Moon Red Alerts. They got rid of the Daily Marks Bonus from the 'reimagined' Patrols. They never explained it they just did it.
    Patrols have a daily bonus. It's just not the same daily bonus as the queues.
    No matter how far into the event you get there's still the occasional noob who doesn't get what a decoy is and attacks the fake sub cores. Lucky all it takes is a science team to counter the EMP but it's still annoying.
    That's because they are not noobs for blowing up the decoy. The annoying bit is the people like yoruself complaining about blowing up the decoys and one could argue those people are more of a noob as they don't understand how for many builds blowing up the decoy cannot be avoided.
    The Daily Marks Bonus, as I stated, was never added to the 'Reimagined' Patrols. That is the 55 Marks per Reputation once a day, or 770 Marks for all Reputations per day. The Daily Patrol Bonus is 15 Marks once per day for the Reputation you did first.

15 =/= 55
    15 =/= 770

The TFO Reputation Daily Mark Bonus is the same Bonus as the Un-Reimagined Patrols.

While the Un-Reimagined Patrols may have been famous, the Reimagined ones are better. They are In-Famous. ;)

https://youtu.be/0b6_i_eSgR8
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • darzil#7269 darzil Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    razar2380 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with it not giving progression towards the T6 ship coupon? This is the 3rd day I have gotten full FTFO progression, but didn't get any progress rewarded towards my T6 ship coupon. I have been doing the Breach.

It is doing the same thing on my brother's account also.

Razar.

I'm wondering if somehow the campaign progress is on a different timer to the TFO progress or something.

Yesterday I did 1 patrol early in the day, and one late. Today I did 2 patrols early, and got 1 Daily Progress - Into the Breach Featured TFO, but no campaign progress.

Somewhat frustrating as I just needed 50 to get the ship token, and now have to wait for the next event!
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    True to form with cryptics inability to tell the time, the console run which was meant to start on the 21st STILL hasn't materialised.
This discussion has been closed.