test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If we get to have a Halloween Event next year....

2»

Comments

• borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    No thank you, currently the game is over-evented anyway.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    We're talking a seasonal event. Not the current Event Spam we have.
    Most games have holiday themed events. FF14 has a Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Valentine's Day... and that's just the ones I'm aware of. STO doesn't have that. We got the Winter Event for Christmas, the Summer Event, and Anniversary Event right after Winter. Having a Halloween Event would be nice honestly. And if done right it would not contribute to Event Fatigue like the current rapidfire events going on. Winter and Summer don't really contribute because its a lot more casual in feel and we pretty much know when they're coming.

While the recent events have helped fill a void that usually happens around Fall, it was a bit much to have rapidfire events the way we have.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Then again, people freaked out over a radio play about 'The War of the Worlds'..., and people nowadays believe everything that's on the internet.... We've come full circle ;)
    That was solely because most people simply heard a guy talking about stuff on the radio that sounded bad. People had no way to know what it was. How do you mark a radio broadcast as a work of fiction?

What was learned from that broadcast was to repeatedly remind listeners that it was a work of fiction, usually after a commercial/'Word from our Sponsor' and station identification.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I was thinking, if there was the "Monster Mash" type PvE (let alone a PvP version), the players could be 'upgraded' to higher tiered versions of the creatures, rather than just the NPCs that you go against, such as in Arena of Sompek.

Of course, the 'Hero' factions the players would go against would also be upgraded (i.e. player: minion-boss, NPC: ensign to admiral). I wonder if non-speaking representations of Star Trek 'Captains' (Kirk, Picard, Sisco, Janeway, Archer, etc.) would allowed/not cost STO an arm and a leg to hire, or could we go against Captains Smirk, Placard, Sizzle, Mainway, Arrow, etc.?

Maybe the players would have to fight 'x' number of enemies or complete some goals to become upgraded, or would it go by 'levels' like in the Arena of Sompek? Where it feels earned rather than automatic?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    What was learned from that broadcast was to repeatedly remind listeners that it was a work of fiction, usually after a commercial/'Word from our Sponsor' and station identification.

You'd be surprised how some people still will believe.
    or could we go against Captains Smirk...

So go after one of our old Community Managers? ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.