test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[ATTENTION] Elite Marks Missing from TFOs

doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
Playing on advanced a few TFO's don't give you the special token anymore you have to choose between the token or the marks? I have no idea how that makes any sense but since this is not mentioned in the patch notes i assume its broken a mistake maybe?

sto-end-loot.png
C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Also i would like to add if that is something you guys want to implement on normal that would be great so people who play tfo's on normal have the chance to get the special token.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I certainly hope that is a bug, if it is an intended thing it would make the advanced FTOs not worth doing for the most part. It means that doing FTFOs when they are available and maybe drift through a regular FTO once a day hitting all of the bonus objectives along with the daily bonus (especially if it fits one of the endeavors) then just buying the advanced currency with regular marks would be more efficient in the long run.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    this would kill advanced... why bother and just burn thru normal and convert marks to elite.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    I can't imagine this being intentional. Either way we've brought it to their attention
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,239 Community Moderator
    Folks, please state here the TFOs that you've seen affected by this bug.

For my part, it happened during Dranuur Gauntlet last night.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Folks, please state here the TFOs that you've seen affected by this bug.

For my part, it happened during Dranuur Gauntlet last night.

All space lukari tfo's so far and swarm (gamma) if recall that corretly. If i encounter more i will post this here.

edited November 2019
    it's FUBAR in Terran Battlezone as well. You now have to choose between Terran or Temporal Marks.

I am guessing you'll need to choose between the Elite & Regular Marks as well for the bosses.

Nope the 3 elite marks for both reps are given at end of battle. That's if you win against all 3 bases. Not sure what happens if you only win against 1 or 2. However at each base victory, you need to choose the between regular marks.

Edit: I spoke too soon. The final Elite Mark reward for fighting off the waves of Terran ships is bugged. You need to choose between the Terran Elite or Temporal Elite Mark. This bug effects not just the Ques but the Battlezones as well.
    Post edited by tigeraries on
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    I really hope this big change is a bug as it makes the game twice as grindy for no good reason if its intended...
  • vaewenvaewen Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Also i would like to add if that is something you guys want to implement on normal that would be great so people who play tfo's on normal have the chance to get the special token.

Everybody, including people that play TFOs on normal, can get elite tokens with a 20hr project and the hourly box rewards have some chance to give them also.
    vaewen wrote: »

Everybody, including people that play TFOs on normal, can get elite tokens with a 20hr project and the hourly box rewards have some chance to give them also.

Yeah so basicly wait 5 days and you can craft 1 item, while if you had the choice you could simply farm your 5 tokens by flying 5 tfo's and craft it the same day. It be different if you could just have unlimited marks to token exchange however as for how the system is right now its 2 options. Wait a long time before you can craft 1 item from the reputation system or be undergeared go fly on advanced and hope people pull you through and not cuss you out.
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User

Yeah so basicly wait 5 days and you can craft 1 item, while if you had the choice you could simply farm your 5 tokens by flying 5 tfo's and craft it the same day. It be different if you could just have unlimited marks to token exchange however as for how the system is right now its 2 options. Wait a long time before you can craft 1 item from the reputation system or be undergeared go fly on advanced and hope people pull you through and not cuss you out.

To be fair with a basic set of story rewarded consoles, space/beams sets and maybe 1 or 2 cheap consoles and traits of the market doing advanced Q should be a breaze.
    kelador wrote: »

To be fair with a basic set of story rewarded consoles, space/beams sets and maybe 1 or 2 cheap consoles and traits of the market doing advanced Q should be a breaze.

Should be yes, doesn't mean that most players are capable at least from my experience in the past few weeks when i play random tfo's with a fleet mate or two. You are lucky you get one who knows what direction he needs to fly...
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User

Should be yes, doesn't mean that most players are capable at least from my experience in the past few weeks when i play random tfo's with a fleet mate or two. You are lucky you get one who knows what direction he needs to fly...

It can be confusing doing a particular TFO for the first time, and there are enough of them that never fill up without the random system that chances are good that players who have not been around since the game started will end up in a TFO that they have never been on before on any difficulty setting. And even then it can take a few runs of the same one to figure out all the ropes, especially since those who know what they are doing usually do not stop to tell anyone else what they know (if there was a functional ingame voice system that might be different).
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

It can be confusing doing a particular TFO for the first time, and there are enough of them that never fill up without the random system that chances are good that players who have not been around since the game started will end up in a TFO that they have never been on before on any difficulty setting. And even then it can take a few runs of the same one to figure out all the ropes, especially since those who know what they are doing usually do not stop to tell anyone else what they know (if there was a functional ingame voice system that might be different).

Yes, somethimes you realice that the ship is not equiped with what you need, for some odd reason... and please, no voice chat!!, screaming to others that they are wrong and probably insult them would become a norm..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,239 Community Moderator
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Yep, thank you BMZ!​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Why should it not be like this ? You can convert 100 marks to the elite specific token, so if you earn more than 100 you can keep the marks and covert, if not claim the elite token. All TFOs should offer this. Many times I have marks like 2000+ and no elite tokens and need days to convert marks to them elites.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @doctorstegi said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yeah so basicly wait 5 days and you can craft 1 item, while if you had the choice you could simply farm your 5 tokens by flying 5 tfo's and craft it the same day. It be different if you could just have unlimited marks to token exchange however as for how the system is right now its 2 options. Wait a long time before you can craft 1 item from the reputation system or be undergeared go fly on advanced and hope people pull you through and not cuss you out.

Nothing in the Rep system is required for anything. Nor is any other piece of gear in the game "must have", "required" or any other variation of that.

As usual you post something just so you get some attention, here we go again. Where did i say it was required? Oh and by the way as usual every further post from you here will be ignored like so many other posts who don't contribute to the topic.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    After you get the Reps to Tier VI and unlock the discount, Marks and Dilithium are no longer a big deal. That being said, the Rep Equipment won't need as much in the way of Marks so you could convert some to Elite.

But they do need to fix this problem with the Elite Marks.

Once you have enough Elite Marks, then you could do some Impulse buying. An Endeavor comes up and you need to do Polaron Damage on Ground, you could just buy a pair of Rep Polaron Dual Pistols, for example, and go about your merry way.

With some Rep Equipment, it becomes fairly easy to make decent builds for a Ship to do whatever type of Damage. Last night I had three Space Damage Endeavors Polaron, Plasma, and Kinetic. My Discovery Constitution has Loadouts for all Damage types, even swapping out the Carrier Pets. I went into Argala loaded for Polaron. By the time I was done with Wave 2. I had completed all three Endeavors.

Rep Space Weapon Sets are cheap, Elite Marks wise too, so you could pick up two or three of the pieces for a fairly minimal cost.

The Rep Equipment may not be needed, but it is very useful and that was not the point of this Thread. It is a bug that needs to be fixed.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Why should it not be like this ? You can convert 100 marks to the elite specific token, so if you earn more than 100 you can keep the marks and covert, if not claim the elite token. All TFOs should offer this. Many times I have marks like 2000+ and no elite tokens and need days to convert marks to them elites.
    Because that's the whole point of going for anything that's not a normal queue, a part from the increase in marks you get for playing at higher difficulties.
    Making people choose between getting elite marks or marks would be a very bad idea.
    Veteran Players are all swamped in marks and it's never been a problem. You keep them for future uses, you convert them in dilithium or you can exchange them for elites, but that's in no way enough to justify making people choose between one or the other.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    It's also effecting the Kobali Ground BZ. It doesn't auto award anymore and you need to choose between Delta & Iconian.
    Yeah, I did Endeavors in the Kobali BZ this morning (before patch) and was presented with the choice too.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    tigeraries wrote: »
    It's also effecting the Kobali Ground BZ. It doesn't auto award anymore and you need to choose between Delta & Iconian.

The last 2 missions for the elite mark? It's been over a year (maybe even two) since I last played them but at that time you only got one of the two (Delta OR Iconian) not both at once. I had to play each of the two missions twice a day while farming them for getting gear.

If you're now supposed to get both, I hope they fix that before any of my newer characters show up there in the Delta arc.

It's been quite some time that they have been giving out the rewards for both Reputations simultaneously. This choice only popped up after last week's patch.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    It's been quite some time that they have been giving out the rewards for both Reputations simultaneously. This choice only popped up after last week's patch.

yeah for me it's always been both reps awarded at the same time... that was due to it being on a timer. you cant run em back to back to get more than 2 (for each rep) each day. When I get the kill ground vad I got there to grind it out. hopefully it's fixed now.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    It's not just ran it and got the choice box.
    I suspect when I get to the badlands it will still be doing the choice thiing there as well
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    nope badlands gave out both sets of marks. did not hang around for the bases to see if the elites dropped
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ran some advanced Disco TFOs last night and got the proper rewards.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.