Install Arc

Who would have thought I could get "The Invisible Man" As a BOFF

val#9932 val Member Posts: 40 Arc User
Title says it all.

https://imgur.com/a/mdvgl9M

He is a Fed Andorian male engineer.

Comments

• sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    When I received an Alien BO as a reward he appeared with no head!
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I had the same thing happen to me last night with a Rigelian BOFF. He had no head, someone in another thread just had eyeballs. I checked my previous BOFFs in the Bridge Officer Candidate tab, none of them had problems, there were Humans and Ferengi. It seems very specific and is definitely a bug, is very disconcerting and is like the headless horseman from the Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    It's a bug, and I have reported it in the Bug section.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    OH.. those are EXTREMELY RARE GOLDEN BOFFs. You should keep it forever.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    You assume it's a bug. Maybe it's just a really short Andorian and the uniform is to big.
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    I wonder if there's a workaround for this problem. Somebody let me know if there is because I have a boff in my candidates list that's like this, too.
  • val#9932 val Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    You assume it's a bug. Maybe it's just a really short Andorian and the uniform is to big.
    Ha!

Or its a never seen before sub species that is made from clear ice,
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    This is the second time in two days that this has happened. The bug happens when a duty officer assignment awards a bridge officer. I accept it, and it has no head or hands. And now it's part of my crew, with no head or hands. Tarsis is really kind of freaked out about it, although Spark just keeps saying "fascinating" while stroking his beard. My exocomp just says "beep" but personally I think he's a bit concerned.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
    I have the same problem with two of my BOFFs. Some of my other BOFFs won't interact with the new ones cause they're kind of scared of headless things. My exocomp likes it, but he likes everything.
  • boweninugamiboweninugami Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Oh...I had that happen to my Vulcan. Hands and everything showed up..but no head. Was fun during Halloween.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Considering all the other "bugs" I think we look at some sort of server issue where parts of the game just wont load when needed.

1 more patch this week and they would have killed sto for good. I guess we are lucky it is friday.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User
    sukhothai wrote: »
    It's a bug, and I have reported it in the Bug section.
    captain.obvious.jpg

• olixioolixio Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    sukhothai wrote: »
    When I received an Alien BO as a reward he appeared with no head!

I can confirm this, I too received a few Boffs with no heads. It was comical, at first, but now it's getting creepy.

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Considering all the other "bugs" I think we look at some sort of server issue where parts of the game just wont load when needed.

1 more patch this week and they would have killed sto for good. I guess we are lucky it is friday.

You might want to dial down the sensitivity of your DOOM! meter before it explodes and fills your hand with jagged shrapnel.

I hate it when that happens, and you just can't get the blood stains out of the carpet.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    @baddmoonrizin @darkbladejk @wingedhussar#7584 Please move to PC Gameplay Bug Reports under the Support section of the forum and if possible merge the threads that all have to do with the same subject. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    I have two of them right now. My exocomp is the only one who plays with them. Everyone else is scared of them.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I've been putting the invisible slaves I gain from doffing missions on the exchange. I'll let someone else deal with them.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    I merged the few threads on this issue I found. Let's try to keep this as contained as possible. Also feel free to tag me for weird stuff like this. I might not be able to respond to all posts but I will see them and pass them up the chain. With that said I do have a few questions. What kind of doff assignments are you guys doing to come across these issues? Such as an exchange item giving the assignment, a particular doffing space cluster, or on down the line? Also for those of you reporting these boffs having no head or hands, aside from the obvious cosmetic issues, do the boffs themselves still function? Can they be taken somewhere such as the Dyson Ground Battlezone and still function as normal otherwise? Need some more specifics.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I merged the few threads on this issue I found. Let's try to keep this as contained as possible. Also feel free to tag me for weird stuff like this. I might not be able to respond to all posts but I will see them and pass them up the chain. With that said I do have a few questions. What kind of doff assignments are you guys doing to come across these issues? Such as an exchange item giving the assignment, a particular doffing space cluster, or on down the line? Also for those of you reporting these boffs having no head or hands, aside from the obvious cosmetic issues, do the boffs themselves still function? Can they be taken somewhere such as the Dyson Ground Battlezone and still function as normal otherwise? Need some more specifics.

I haven't really paid attention to the doff mission itself, but been getting this with almost every KDF boff I've received while loading said doff missions from the academy map.
    1xe027q.png
  • vampirerx#7985 vampirerx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I’ve actually been getting this bug quite a bit lately, I haven’t really posted on it but I should, they (the GMs etc) need to fix this, it’s far too long in this game to have issues like these. I’ve only seen this bug since the patch after Halloween, the 1st or 2nd of November I think
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Got a very rare headless Orion female if I recall correctly on KDF while doing random missions, possibly taken in Undine space BZ but unsure (personal tab?). I think I got others that way but for only one I recalled faction. I do think she became a manual as I needed no BOFFS then.

-So not only Human and Ferengi

But, to be honest, I find this funny and don't care if they don't fix it :) Unless ofc it's linked to other issues we have.

bugs I encountered are since 12/11 I didn't notice any new on 14/11 but didn't notice it solved something. (Beside maybe that possibly admiralty system behaves less strangely now but I think it's from after the 15/11 or from that date)
    I'm hoping they're just looking at the issue, cause this is the third one I've received now.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    i hadn't had a chance to update this for a bit. i passed a report up the chain to them. I found a few sources of boffs that were giving the issue that were not tied to the doff assignments, so it's not purely doff assignments doing it. in the mean time if you go into the tailor and make a change to the boff, no matter how minor, it will restore the missing limbs until the issue can be patched.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    All three Boffs I have received from Recruitment Assignments have been either fully headless or just eyes. That was just on the reporting for duty screen. They have been sent to the Soylent Green Tanks anyway for Manuals.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns