test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not the same old blah blah blah.

By now, you're probably assuming this is yet another recruitment thread by someone in a low tier fleet who is here to beg people pretty please to come join.

We all know what happens when you assume, don't we?

If the only reason you've thought about joining a Fleet was to access the shopping mall, we may not be your cup of tea. If you really really enjoy giving away your hard earned Dilithium to complete strangers who then graciously promote you from Galley Slave 2d Class to Galley Slave 3rd Class (Probationary), then, again, we may not be the guys you want to be around.

Fleets are first and foremost social creatures. I don't so much care about having access to Fleet gear as I do about having some good people to play Star Trek Online regularly with.

Isn't this is what being a Fleet member is really supposed to be about?

Yeah, we're low level. Yeah, we're small. So no, you won't be able to purchase that FT6 ship five seconds after joining. But that stuff is just that. Stuff. Yeah, some of it does make the game more enjoyable to play. But aren't there already Chat Channels in game where you can get Invites to purchase that FT6 ship you really want? Some of the best Fleets in this game, like Stonewall or Access Denied for example, are primarily social organizations first and foremost. This game is lots of fun to play. It is far more enjoyable to play when you are part of a group of friendly, affable people who play STO with you because they like you for who you are. Not because you gave them a gazillion Dil this week.

I've typed too long and if you made it this far, thank you. Please contact me ingame: @thunderfoot1007.
A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.

Comments

• Options
    Well said!
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I realized today a little more information might be required here. For potential members to make an informed choice.

I am recruiting for a low level Federation fleet as well as for a largely inactive KDF fleet. They are affiliated and there are members with a character in both. Alts are allowed. We have no website or membership application posted to said non existent website. We don't do 'meetings' or have 'check in requirements' or 'activity levels'. Note I am not saying these are bad things or wrong, just that we don't do these. We do have Discord channels. We do encourage people to use the voice chat in Discord.

We are interested in you first, foremost, and always. The size of your Dilithium hoard and how generous you are with it has no impact on anything. Here's what we want - people to play STO with. n00bs, DPS gods, whales, ship collectors, DOffers, RPers, casuals or any other niche you think you might fit in. If you play the game and have fun while doing so, then you're our kinda people.

Again, I typed too long and again, thank you for slogging through to the end. @thunderfoot1007 ingame. That's where you'll find me. I appreciate your time. Thank you.

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Announcing the 624th is having a New's Year's Party/Recruitment Event. It is still early days on the party. But we've decided there will be door prizes and raffles and such. I'll post more details as they are finalized. Looking forward to seeing and meeting you there.

Contact me ingame: @thunderfoot1007.