test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crash report

Comments

• hawksmist202hawksmist202 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Yeah i been talking to one for the last few days, i can get on the game on an old laptop, but my up to date one is impossible, but yep no time stamp, they were supposed to have fixed it in yesterdays maintanace.
    Oh and it now doesn't just crash the game, but my laptop too
  • asha#5521 asha Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    DAY FOUR....

NOT IMPRESSED...HAVE MONEY TO BUY A LIFE SUB, NOT BUYING IT UNLESS THIS IS FIXXED soon.

Omg...this is my hobby and I look forward to playing late on Fridays....

Eff word multiple times!
    Mine broke with the little patch they did tuesday, when they did the breach event and then poof here i am, i just got zen and i couldnt get anything with it.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    atairos wrote: »
    Same here..........account name: paratairos...........game loads and crashes right before character screen

Same here.

"We're sorry! Something has gone wrong."

"Crash processing complete."

"You may close this window at any time"

"Incident I.D. for Customer Service at support.arcgames.com. e153b"

"Cryptic" logo

There is a green box/button on the pop-up window containing a Starfleet logo surrounded by an arrowed circle, that allows you to "Restart Star Trek Online"

I tried three times and crashed. With the same results and message.

Apparently, some people can't even get as far as the loading screen (the one with "Star Trek Online: Awakening" plastered across it).
    Oh, and I forgot to add this is all after downloading the normal weekly patch yesterday, and today's maintenance. I hadn't played in over a week and a half. Tonight was my first attempt to log in since then.
  • haglahayhaglahay Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Almost 10 years in and the developers of this game should be embarrassed. Almost every patch means connectivity issues. It's pathetic.
  • chyrondave#2737 chyrondave Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Throw in one more with the same issue. I downloaded the latest patch today (11/16/19) and have not been able to get past the title screen before it crashes. I have tried deleting the GamePrefs.pref file which did not help (still crashes, but now I have to reset my video settings). I have tried running the game in safe mode and it still crashed. I'm not running a force verify to see if that makes a difference.

I have an open ticket on the issue, sending them the incident number I received from the crash screen. Hopefully I can get a resolution to this issue.
    Good luck there, i wouldn't try the force verify, i know i have done about 100 since tuersday, they don't work, and i even tried changing my graphics setting, that worked the same. Seems these guys like Obi Wan, are our only hope.
  • Yeah the patch on 11-15-2019 did not fix the game for me either. The game still crashes at the main loading screen having never reached the character selection screen.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    haglahay wrote: »
    Almost 10 years in and the developers of this game should be embarrassed. Almost every patch means connectivity issues. It's pathetic.

The connectivity issue has to do with Akamai Technologies, it is not solely the developers' problem. No, they should not be embarrassed. Annoying, frustrating, yes. Pathetic? No.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • asha#5521 asha Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Upon investigation, and speaking with Techs, it has been discovered that DirectX 12 is the reason why the game won't launch.

Cryptic will have to make it compatible as they currently run DirectX 10 and, I believe, 11...

You can find out what version of DirectX you are using by going onto the search bar in windows and typing "Dxdiag"
    Then run it as an administrator and once you get it up, the version of DirectX will be on the first page....

If you find that you are crashing, it is due to the recent Windows 10 DirectX updates between November 9,2019 and to date....

If you can, restore your computer to an EARLIAR point in time BEFORE this update and do NOT update windows 10 as little as possible......

I recommend, also, that you use Windows 7 or 8 as an O.S. until Cryptic has made Directx 12 compatible.

I have sent the info. to the sto support.

Thanks
  • DirectX 12 is not the cause I'm on directx 11 on windows 7 which can't use directx 12 and the game still can't get passed the initial loading screen I can't get the game to load the character selection screen at all.
  • asha#5521 wrote: »
    Upon investigation, and speaking with Techs, it has been discovered that DirectX 12 is the reason why the game won't launch.

Cryptic will have to make it compatible as they currently run DirectX 10 and, I believe, 11...

You can find out what version of DirectX you are using by going onto the search bar in windows and typing "Dxdiag"
    Then run it as an administrator and once you get it up, the version of DirectX will be on the first page....

If you find that you are crashing, it is due to the recent Windows 10 DirectX updates between November 9,2019 and to date....

If you can, restore your computer to an EARLIAR point in time BEFORE this update and do NOT update windows 10 as little as possible......

I recommend, also, that you use Windows 7 or 8 as an O.S. until Cryptic has made Directx 12 compatible.

Thanks

That's not it I am on windows 7 SP1 with DirectX 11 and the game still crashes and wont load the character selection screen.
    I'm on Windows 8 using DirectX 11 and have not been able to get past the title screen since the latest update, so the problem is not DirectX 12, nor will using Windows 8 solve the issue.
  • siebrandsiebrand Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm also on windows 8 with DirectX 11. I can't get to the character select screen, but I can get past the intial loading screen.
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    asha#5521 wrote: »

Thanks

As others have said, this is not a Windows 10-exclusive problem. I use Windows 8 and I'm having it. Please do not encourage the STO support team to go after a red herring.
  • voyagergonoszvoyagergonosz Member Posts: 27 Arc User

Thanks

Windows 8.1 DX 11. crashes. no chance to get even to character selection.
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    yeah still cant log into the game as it crashes before character screen. been going on since last patch and havent gotten anywhere with support yet. Have reinstalled game safe mode and force verified nothing is working right now.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited November 2019

Thanks

Na, that's total BS. I'm running Win 10 and DX12 with no problems, not to mention there haven't been any DX12 updates.
  • haglahayhaglahay Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    haglahay wrote: »

The connectivity issue has to do with Akamai Technologies, it is not solely the developers' problem. No, they should not be embarrassed. Annoying, frustrating, yes. Pathetic? No.

You mean, the people they contract with to provide us with the game we paid for? I don't care who did what. It's ten years later and this is the ONLY game or other app with which I ever have connectivity issues. The issue needs to be fixed permanently. I don't care who does it.

Latest chain on the ticket I have open told me that I needed to update my graphics drivers. I checked them and get mixed messages (Intel tells me an update is available but will not install it because of manufacturer issues while the manufacturer, Toshiba, tells me my graphics files are up to date). The same tech also said that Windows 10 requires an update, though I'm using Windows 8.1
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Latest chain on the ticket I have open told me that I needed to update my graphics drivers. I checked them and get mixed messages (Intel tells me an update is available but will not install it because of manufacturer issues while the manufacturer, Toshiba, tells me my graphics files are up to date). The same tech also said that Windows 10 requires an update, though I'm using Windows 8.1

Yes, possibly your graphics driver may need updating, particularly if it's integrated Intel. However, when they're saying update Win10 when you have Win8, they have no clue, it's the standard response when they have no idea what's broken. Most likely Toshiba is saying drivers are up to date because they stopped support on your model.

• fabreth84fabreth84 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

Yes, possibly your graphics driver may need updating, particularly if it's integrated Intel. However, when they're saying update Win10 when you have Win8, they have no clue, it's the standard response when they have no idea what's broken. Most likely Toshiba is saying drivers are up to date because they stopped support on your model.

Yeah, standard reply I guess. I received that too. Windows 10, drivers. Well I have Windows 7 :disappointed:

Double checked the drivers. Intel says that an update is available, but I need to get my updates through the manufacturer (Toshiba). They say that my drivers are up to date.

The latest email chain says that my crashing issue is a result of a bug and the information I gathered will be passed along .
  • smacairtsmacairt Member Posts: 23 Arc User

Double checked the drivers. Intel says that an update is available, but I need to get my updates through the manufacturer (Toshiba). They say that my drivers are up to date.

The latest email chain says that my crashing issue is a result of a bug and the information I gathered will be passed along .

Check with Microsoft updates to see if they have your Intel driver update, download it from them. Or try a third party like Softpedia, they may have it as well.

Also my reply to my tickets was the same as yours:
    "Based on the information you supplied it looks like the issue is the result of a bug and while I don't have a fix for you, I'll gather the details that you've given to me and pass them on for further investigation."
    11/20/2019

...And the crashing continues on my end. And it's gotten way past the point of being ridiculous.
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    11/20/2019

...And the crashing continues on my end. And it's gotten way past the point of being ridiculous.

Agreed. Not too amused at having missed an entire week of The Breach, I can tell you that.
    11/20/2019

I've not had a chance to check today since I'm at work, but support closed the ticket I had on the problem without any sort of notification or anything that would suggest a resolution.
  • voyagergonoszvoyagergonosz Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Same here.
    Still crashing and cannot get to the game.
    But heyyyy. "Resolved an issue blocking new products in the Playstation Store from being purchased."
    This was very important to let the milk pour out from the cows.