test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking to join a Solo Player Fleet

lordvitaluslordvitalus Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited November 2019 in Fleet Recruitment
***Need this moved to (XBOX Forum) or I can repost***

On my KDF Char I belong to one of these, but I want to join one on my Fed char.

What is a Solo Player Fleet: A Fleet of Solo Players that want the same luxuries everyone else gets for being in a fleet, with out the strict guidelines.

What guidelines you ask?

1. I don't have to participate in Fleet Events if they are going on when I'm online.
2. I contribute to Fleet builds (Fleet Base, etc.) when I want and can, not because I have to "or else".
3. I like to play STO not live for it, so I have been known to not play for months and come back for months, and I'm still a member of the KDF Solo Fleet I spoke of after a year of STO now; because I like many games because I'm a gamer, oh and real life happens everyday. I've heard of players being kicked from Fleets after two weeks of inactivity because they went on vacation, I'm not reporting to any Fleet Admin that I have real life stuff to do or enjoy "or else".
4. Anything else I may have missed that isn't Solo Player behavior, i.e. Do what you can, when you can...Not you have to...or else!

For those who want to rant and tell me how dumb it is, or what's the point, it will fall on deaf ears.

For those who actually know of these Fleets because you belong to one, I am interested.

Thank you
Post edited by lordvitalus on

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    protoneous wrote: »
    I'd like to comment just to add some perspective from my own point of view and experience as a fleet member since 2011, fleet admin (both factions) since 2012, and as a current member of various older and newer fleets ranging in size from smaller to capped out.
    1. Participation in fleet events has always been voluntary.
    2. Contributions are voluntary and not required. The fleet stores are usually open to you upon joining. Some fleets may have a minor donation requirement to open fleet stores. Usually a small fraction of what it would take to outfit your ship or toon... 50-100K Fleet Credits (1-2 tactical consoles).
    3. Fleets at their member level capacity (500 members) may have a 90 day rule as well as a clearly defined way in which to extend it. Not at cap? No reason for tight attendance rules. Do note that since most people running fleets can't read minds a quick note or PM can work well as they can't tell if you've stopped playing STO or just decided to take a year or two off.
    4. There isn't an 'or else' clause. Fleet rules should be similar to those used in this forum in that they are designed to keep the peace and promote a positive atmosphere in which to game. No action can be taken by a fleet admin against you unless you've broken a rule, again similar to a forum admin (mod). Rules aren't made up, they're posted. It's a code of conduct that governs both sides.

I'll add a few more...
    5. Fleet admins should lead by example.
    6. STO fleet life has been good to me. Imagine getting to join a fleet within 15 minutes of completing my very first tutorial, and then getting shown how to set up and operate my ship? No strings attached. The sharing of in-game knowledge via a fleet is a huge help ^^
    7. My own best memories of STO are of doing things with a group of friends, by a country mile. Yes, there are still certainly times I just want to play solo and that's always respected.

Just my 2 EC. I hope you find the fleet you're looking for.

Thank you for your detailed response, and all very good points.

I belong to "A Solo Players Fleet" LOL on my KDF char, and the 90 day thing could be viable since I haven't actually counted out the exact number of weeks, but at least two months. I just don't want to join a random Fleet then do other things for two weeks and get booted; and although I have been playing STO for at least going on two years now, I've read to many horror stories about super strict you have to participate in this and that stories, or you get the boot hence the "or else".

Al though some people seem to want to exist in the "Ranters" area of my questions I like how you actually gave an informative response rather than force a moot point.

Solo Players Fleet - A Fleet comprised of people who don't usually join Fleets & Clans, since their play style will likely get them booted within a short time. These individuals come together in a Fleet of their own and as you clearly stated contribute at their leisure; these Fleet/Clans are usually lacking in what most clans have like events, contest, a need for a mic to be a member (might be void in STO) , and other such activities.

Thank you protoneous for you input, with that I will consider this topic closed, since beyond your response I have found no Fleets to join like the one I currently belong to on my KDF char...The hunt continues.

Answers

• Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    A Solo Fleet is not something one can join. A Solo Fleet only has 1 member. I know, I am a Solo Fleet.

Please read the title...and I belong to one on my KDF char.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    A fleet for 'solo' players... player's who'd like to just do their own thing solo (without others) and are concerned about any negative ramifications joining a fleet would have on their solo game play or other freedoms (there should be none).

Solo players, not fleets.
  • Options
    asha#5521 asha Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Cuz ur OCDing over it and it doesn't matter what term he uses...
    Its the context in which it was used...
    Keep it simple...
    Personally, I think it's trolling to be sitting there getting snippy about saying the wrong word...lol
    It's not even a wrong word anyways....what if English isn't his first language?
    What if he isn't as linguistically gifted as yourself?

Relax man...
    It's things like that which make laid back players want a "solo fleet".

What he means is what he said....

• Options
    ultima#2316 ultima Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    if you want the advantages of a fleet without restrains or demands etc, you should consider making one for yourself! that way you get whathever you put in and are not just taking credit for others -possibly- very superior effort! easy to make a fleet too just ask for help around sol there are allways people doing those favours for each other! hey i made my fleet in less than 10mins after deciding to make it and i think im like you i dont like restrictions, and also dont like people much, especially most 'leaderships' then again my experience with other fleets was allways very bad but very repetitive - leaders kicking back shouting orders, being intensly vaine and obnoxious rather than helpfull to noobs, .. the most common... anywyas ever since i took my own path things are way smoother and i can relax and enjoy myself again in star trek! so again my advice is make a fleet for yourself friend! the progress is slow but super mega more worth the sence of achievment plus youll never get bored in star trek for not having something to do!!!! and and you get a whooole big piece of BANK! hamsandwich! anyways fly safe xD
  • Options
    sixx9sixx9 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Greetings all

If anyone is interested in Starting a solo fleet, I am definitely interested in being a part of that. My STO email is @sixx9. or reply here and I will contact you if you prefer

Six
    Warmest Regards,

Sixx
    Former Fleet commander
    6th Column
    How dare you steal my fleet, lol.