test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Steam Wallet

thierry#7310 thierry Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I have $50 in my steam wallet my family bought me a giftcard for my birthday. I can't use it to buy Zen. How do I fix this?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thedarkness#5205 thedarkness Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Download Arc and log in though it,add the card get the zen, go back to steam. It works had to do it myself.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    If you have money in your steam wallet, you can buy Zen with it.

Launch the game through Steam, click on buy Zen, done. The default payment method will be your steam wallet.

Easy.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    From ingame when you go to purchase Zen during the checkout process steam will allow you to change the payment source do that and select your steam balance by default steam uses your primary payment source.
  • thierry#7310 thierry Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    It shows up in my steam wallet but when I try to buy it, it is no longer there. Will try to download ARC next.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    Sometimes it takes a while for Cryptic to get updated by Steam, usually if the store cannot see a recent wallet deposit it only takes a day or two for it to sync (and even that delay was rare when I did STO via Steam).

Of course, you need ARC anyway if you want to redeem codes so it doesn't hurt to have it. In my case, the game was having trouble with my motherboard software and I ended up switching completely to the non-Steam version to simplify the troubleshooting.
  • hughesjr99#0893 hughesjr99 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am pretty sure you don't want to pay $50 via steam wallet. If you charge to ARC directly (using the charge link on the website or via the ARC app), you get bonus Zen on $50 or greater purchases .. I am fairly certain you do not get that bonus if Zen is purchased in game using Steam Wallet.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,714 Community Moderator
    If the $50 is in your steam wallet you will need to launch the game through steam to proceed. From there you will find options in the game to purchase varying amounts of zen. Unless something has changed i'm not aware of, or having a massive bit of brain flatulence, you won't get any bonus zen. I must caution you that if this is your first time buying zen, buying it from a new platform, or is outside your normal purchasing patterns, you might trigger a temporary probation period on the account. This can last anywhere from a few minutes up to 14 days, though usually no more than 3 days that i've seen. This is an anti-fraud measure that's supposed to protect the company and you. If you use zen to purchase anything during that probation it will be bound to you for 7 days I believe it was, and then will become trade-able again. Hope that helps.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    FYI if you buy through Steam, you do not get any bonus Zen when buying $50 or higher.
This discussion has been closed.