test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug report after the PC and Console Patch Notes for 11/12/19

Hello all,
After I downloaded the latest patch the game crashes every time I Launching the game.

Is anybody else have this issue?

Comments

• arkle#8984 arkle Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Yep.
    Characters: Rida Vodad (Trill), Niana (Orion), Karak'Son (Jem'Hadar), Jhanel Aphram (Andorian), Tevana (Romulan), Anahera Ngata (Human), Choadesh (Alien), Manek (Reman), C'Reta (Ferrasan), Kamak'Zun (Jem'Hedar), Joyal Krin (Cardassian), and Lur'Ast (Klingon).
    Tumblr: thehumanarkle.tumblr.com
    Twitter: @G33kOfAllTrades
    YouTube: youtube.com/user/arklestudios
    AO3 Pseudonym: ZeusParker
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    Second time in a row, today, after the patch, that two Admiralty missions failed, that were 100% guaranteed to succeed (and not near the max needed, but like 20, 20, 10 needed, and all 3 filled over 80). Anyone else had this? Not amused.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • vulcanelfvulcanelf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Did you get a pop-up window that said "We're sorry! Something has gone wrong." then gives you an incident ID like ded2c
  • dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    Wait until you try some of "new" Delta patrols....
  • arkle#8984 arkle Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    vulcanelf wrote: »
    Did you get a pop-up window that said "We're sorry! Something has gone wrong." then gives you an incident ID like ded2c

Yep.
    Characters: Rida Vodad (Trill), Niana (Orion), Karak'Son (Jem'Hadar), Jhanel Aphram (Andorian), Tevana (Romulan), Anahera Ngata (Human), Choadesh (Alien), Manek (Reman), C'Reta (Ferrasan), Kamak'Zun (Jem'Hedar), Joyal Krin (Cardassian), and Lur'Ast (Klingon).
    Tumblr: thehumanarkle.tumblr.com
    Twitter: @G33kOfAllTrades
    YouTube: youtube.com/user/arklestudios
    AO3 Pseudonym: ZeusParker
  • kabilarkabilar Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    For me the game crashes at loading the gameclient.exe. Reinstall don't fixed the problem.
  • mslefaye#9397 mslefaye Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Second time in a row, today, after the patch, that two Admiralty missions failed, that were 100% guaranteed to succeed (and not near the max needed, but like 20, 20, 10 needed, and all 3 filled over 80). Anyone else had this? Not amused.
    Yes, this has happened repeatedly to me today across 3 toons.

• mslefaye#9397 mslefaye Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Can no longer complete
    Temporal Reckoning - The Die is Cast
    Enterprise continues to circle and does not spawn next encounter area.
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    It's been going on for a while now. It's nothing new; there are plenty threads about this.
  • fabiosnfcfabiosnfc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    ID Incident....The same problem for all......
  • gutz87gutz87 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Same problem here. i tried all day after the update
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    kabilar wrote: »
    For me the game crashes at loading the gameclient.exe. Reinstall don't fixed the problem.

Reinstalling rarely accomplishes anything, other than wasting your time.
  • chromoxiachromoxia Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Hello all,
    After I downloaded the latest patch the game crashes every time I Launching the game.

UH YES! I Uninstalled and reinstalled 6X's and now I can't PLAY at ALL!! WTFrak!! I get Error code "df7c7" which one are you getting! I just spent $$ a few days ago and the last Patch is "Preventing me" from playing at ALL!! I tried everything... and I MEAN Everything... I'm currently STO-LESS!!!So Now I'm losing out on Dilithium and my REP. This isn't right!! I SHOULD be Compensated, assuming I ever Get Back ONLINE!
    In the Beginning There was a "BIG BANG!"
    OOPS, said GOD, I think I farted....:eek:
    vulcanelf wrote: »

Mines "df7c7"....
    kabilar wrote: »

Reinstalling rarely accomplishes anything, other than wasting your time.

TOTALLY AGREE!!
    gutz87 wrote: »

Same here. All I got was a headache ..."Knowing" I wont be Compensated for THIS Loss... KNOWING, its on their end!
    The Dilithium and my Reps will Suffer now, Holding Back my progress... this is truly an Insult!!
    Hello all,

NONSTOP!

BUT... your Game "loaded," Ours did NOT!
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Hello all,

Yep, I've got it, too. Game gets to "Retrieving List of Characters" and immediately crashes.
  • hoppy#9264 hoppy Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    the game pitches a fit just before char screen. it is now day 2 and counting
    The game continous with problems.......
  • voyagergonoszvoyagergonosz Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Same here!!

I was playing at work and on the way (i spend most time like this) on a Microsoft Surface 2 pro. Was perfectly fine during years. after this latest update tried to log in but crashes every time right before the character selection screen can even come up. Reinstalled the tablet and the game. fresh. Exactly the same. Crash with no exception. Its unbelievable how they can TRIBBLE up something simple like this!
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    You all need to provide more information other than 'it crashes' for the Devs to figure this out. What OS are you running, graphics card, are you launching from Steam, Arc or the stand alone launcher? The more info you supply the easier it is to narrow it down. Did you turn off On Demand patching and run a Force Verify?
  • kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    Add me to the list - game crashes while in the "Loading" screen with the Magic Mushroom garden right before the characters are suppose to pop in. I get a mini window that says:
    "We're sorry! Something has gone wrong." (no kidding!)

Crash processing complete.
    You may close this window at any time

Incident ID for customer service at support.arcgames.com."

Lovely near-10yr anniversary gift...

:/
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • asha#5521 asha Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    gutz87 wrote: »

Phew....man I did everything....now am kinda half Mad and half relieved....
    Irritated that I have worked so hard doing every single thing I was told from reinstalling Windows 10,m to a factory reset....omg

DEVS Whats the problem with our game? <:'-(
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    One of the nicer QoL features is the ability to control at a basic level WinAmp or iTunes from inside the game (which mutes the game music while either is playing). Since this particular update, just opening the internal music player with WinAmp as your 'background music player' drops the framerate into single digits, as also reported here.
    day 3 and counting
    The problem on the crash continous........
    I've done all I can Capt. I ran through all the options on the launcher again and was considering copy and pasting the list of errors in my STO folder. But nah. it will be fine. its not me. its you.
  • asha#5521 asha Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Sooooo.....*grabs his whiskey*
    Any news on when this is gonna get fixed?
    I presumed the shard maintenance this morning, but nah...
    OH BTW I am Asha....*takes sip*

So, I am going to reinstall STO and hopefully it will allow me to log in....bugs can be fixed...
    BUT *grabs orion girl*
    Long day at work, and well....the game is my hobby lol guess i gotta go play some poker....

LOVE YOU ALL....(kinda)