test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Once More Unto the Breach!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Captains on PC - it's time to Enter the Breach! Complete the Featured TFO, or three reimagined patrols, to progress towards a free T6 Ship!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11297943

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I figured that once Patrols were added back to Event Campaign type Events there would only be a need to do two per day.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • togarurgotogarurgo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    3g0ayg.jpg
    There never has been a 100k Dilithium Reward for a Featured TFO, always 50k.

Oh, by the way, thanks for the whole five day break between Featured TFO Events. Though there was a Tholian Red Alert Weekend to bridge that gap. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    “Blockade Runner” – Zahl System:

I wish I owned that Steam Runner ship &/or, which I think it officially is titled Blockade Runner, that Zahl ship to do that patrol with just for giggles. I hope either or both of those ships are at least in that new patrol otherwise a wasted opportunity imo. The helping-out & assisting descriptions for what we will be doing in all three new patrols sounds fun too.

Just glancing I first thought oh cool a new warp core then I blinked & saw it correctly: Console – Universal – Voth Power Subcore

It seems like the passives could help a player stay alive a bit better hopefully. So is it just a big crystal type of mine then? You just dumped it off in a spot then eventually it explodes?

I'll definitely partake in the new three patrols each at least once, but depending upon the time needed for each & that Breach again I might just keep redoing the Breach to earn that coupon.

• szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Oh nice, an alternative to TFO-hell. Glad to see you re-adjusted the participation requirement too; it should be far less burnout-inducing than the Elachi event.

Thank you!
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Oh nice, an alternative to TFO-hell. Glad to see you re-adjusted the participation requirement too; it should be far less burnout-inducing than the Elachi event.

Thank you!
    I second that!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I'm glad it's not Mirror Invasion this time, however the Voth console reward doesn't look interesting to me, maybe less so than the previous Voth console we got.
  • togarurgotogarurgo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I know they never give 100k dilithium reward but they keep publishing articles with that statement. Of course they correct it quickly but still...
    HRzMdAO.png
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I waited over a year for the return of this to get a Bio-Engineered Furiadon, only to find they replaced it. Great.
    They never proofread, or correct something that is used as a Template for the next copy/paste.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Especially the given time part because despite the fact UTC never changes by seasons there is very often an hours difference in the time given and actual. For example its a safe bet that todays downtime of 2-4.30pm will actually be 3-5.30pm as it was last thursday.

That said I'm really hoping that the typos and misinformation don't also cover the reduced requirements in runs compared to the elachi grind, 2 patrols or 1 breach is way more reasonable as a daily task thing.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    They never proofread, or correct something that is used as a Template for the next copy/paste.

Tribbles at Cryptic keep on eating the memos that state that templates need editing for future events.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Oh, by the way, thanks for the whole five day break between Featured TFO Events. Though there was a Tholian Red Alert Weekend to bridge that gap. ;)

First, if you look at the calendar, the end date is the same as the start date for Winter Wonderland, so they're starting it now to get it done in time so that it doesn't overlap with that, at least not for more than an hour or so at the beginning. Second, so? Now that they're one run per day, these events generally take less time daily than running Endeavors.
    Especially the given time part because despite the fact UTC never changes by seasons there is very often an hours difference in the time given and actual. For example its a safe bet that todays downtime of 2-4.30pm will actually be 3-5.30pm as it was last thursday.

That said I'm really hoping that the typos and misinformation don't also cover the reduced requirements in runs compared to the elachi grind, 2 patrols or 1 breach is way more reasonable as a daily task thing.

Bioware also can't get DST adjustments right for the rest of the world. They have the same problem with wrong times posted for downtime in SWTOR when it changes for everyone else, but not the US. DST is more trouble than it's worth, in my opinion, and we should just settle on permanent adjustments. They have a 3.5 hour duration for Pacific time, but only 2.5 hours for UTC, so the start time will probably be correct, but the end time of the window (actual maintenance is generally shorter these days) will be an hour later.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    The point being even without an overlap, it seems like a constant carnival. Though it can be quicker than Endeavors, depending on your mix, it is in addition to Endeavors.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • autumnraynefyrautumnraynefyr Member Posts: 33 Bug Hunter
    So its nice to see that Bulkheads can still trap players and award them with an AFK penalty even letting their teams know what is going on and trying to escape. /unstuck does not work either in the situation. I mean I cannot really report the bug because its only happened to me twice out of 30+ breach runs and I was not irrevocably stuck in the first instance.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »

First, if you look at the calendar, the end date is the same as the start date for Winter Wonderland, so they're starting it now to get it done in time so that it doesn't overlap with that, at least not for more than an hour or so at the beginning. Second, so? Now that they're one run per day, these events generally take less time daily than running Endeavors.

First, it's still too much. Whether the overlap is two hours or two days.
    Second, they've always been one run per day, so I don't get your point.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    I did my first run today. What a disaster that was. With this problem of the Hud zooming in on mouse usage, especially with this closed in environment, I lost track of where I was a number of times. Never had this bad a problem before. The first time this shortened version released I ran it 15 or so times on 15 Characters.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    What problem? sounds like a keybind issue.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    I don't use them. Never have. I know the game always zoomed in when you are against an object, but I was doing so in 'open' areas. Maybe I was in too fast of a ship, the Xyfius. I will switch to a Crusier and see how it goes.

I have never been too great about controlling high inertia ships.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The breach is one of those runs that accentuates the foibles and bugs in the game.

Carrier pets & commands are a great example because if you want them with you for the core fight you need to recall them in the subcore room as they never keep up with the player during transitions. But the age old issue of recalled pets not deploying again then rears its head so that in the final fight you have full wings to use but can't and because the wings are full you can't summon fresh ones.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    they removed the advanced version for this... so you can only do this on normal. very disappointed.
    During a Featured TFO Event only this version on Normal is available. After that, the full version with the various difficulty levels will return. This has been going on since Sompek.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Captains on PC - it's time to Enter the Breach! Complete the Featured TFO, or three reimagined patrols, to progress towards a free T6 Ship!

I'll admit that i was a bit disappointed when i found out the reward this time is a console and not the combined warp core/singularity usable on both warbirds and ships i first imagined it to be when i read the name.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

I'll admit that i was a bit disappointed when i found out the reward this time is a console and not the combined warp core/singularity usable on both warbirds and ships i first imagined it to be when i read the name.

At least you can place more consoles than warp cores on a ship.

I guess that makes it a more useful reward to many players, comparatively speaking.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    I'm still disappointed that we only get short versions of the missions for the events.

Why not simply add both the long and the short version? This shouldn't be too difficult since the missions already exist.

The Breach is a very fun mission - if I can spend more than 5 minutes in it and all the objectives cannot be skipped. This short version is boring.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Cryptic probably finally caved-in & just "dumbed it down" to take away most of the potential ill effects to players that do try since there are too many players that just sit "steelmaxing" as one in game channel calls it & such at the beginning & do not participate.

Then for example in this Breach some other player(s) makes it to the side of the ship to explode it open so that player sitting at the beginning doing nothing just flies to the big Voth Core door & sits there doing nothing again till the other players blow-up the appropriate core to have the big door open. Perhaps then all 5 players will be participating to blow up the big Voth core & escape.

Any mission/event would be better with more interactions, having to pay attention, & more challenge, but having players constantly siphoning off other players just drags down the whole experience so I'm glad Cryptic has "dumbed it down" to help nullify those lazy sponges ill effects. About half the time there might be connection issues or something in real life popped up which is understandable, but the other half are just players that have an entitled ego.
    Well, today I used a Kelvin Constitution on another Character and made it through without incident. Probably the high Inertia ships in combination with the zoom in by objects that caused the issue.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Cryptic probably finally caved-in & just "dumbed it down" to take away most of the potential ill effects to players that do try since there are too many players that just sit "steelmaxing" as one in game channel calls it & such at the beginning & do not participate.

Then for example in this Breach some other player(s) makes it to the side of the ship to explode it open so that player sitting at the beginning doing nothing just flies to the big Voth Core door & sits there doing nothing again till the other players blow-up the appropriate core to have the big door open. Perhaps then all 5 players will be participating to blow up the big Voth core & escape.

Any mission/event would be better with more interactions, having to pay attention, & more challenge, but having players constantly siphoning off other players just drags down the whole experience so I'm glad Cryptic has "dumbed it down" to help nullify those lazy sponges ill effects. About half the time there might be connection issues or something in real life popped up which is understandable, but the other half are just players that have an entitled ego.
    You've got that backwards. People wait things out because the missions are dumbed down. Nothing needs a full team and people know it.

The breach racetrack is a perfect example. Only the first ship through counts for anything, so the rest might as well just wait for the insta-teleport button to show up.
This discussion has been closed.