test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Discovery Era Constitution camera bug

double7mdouble7m Member Posts: 10 Arc User
When I use the the Discovery Era Constitution (miracle worker flight deck constitution) the camera is unable to cycle to its closest setting. I can cycle the camera all I want but it simply won't go back to that view. All my other ships can still do this so this is defiantly a bug.

Also when I switch to the Discovery Era Constitution in regular or sector space from a ship that's already at the cameras closest zoom I get that view back. However once I load into a new map or cycle the camera the bug comes back and it won't zoom in fully again.

Comments

• double7mdouble7m Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    After update 12.00 the bug is still here. The game will simply not go to full zoom in on the camera when using this ship. I put some money in to get this ship you know. It be nice If I can once again see it at full size.

I will continue to add a post per each update if the bug is still in the game. Since I don't want this to get lost among the other bug posts.
  • chirox#7714 chirox Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have attempted to upgrade my tactical disruptor coil I had 4 universal upgrades I tried to upgrade with no success, and it consumed 2 at a time with no upgrade to show for it it waisted 4 in total.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I have attempted to upgrade my tactical disruptor coil I had 4 universal upgrades I tried to upgrade with no success, and it consumed 2 at a time with no upgrade to show for it it waisted 4 in total.

Post in a different thread. This thread is about the Discovery Era Constitution camera bug and not about other bugs. Please stay on topic. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    After update 12.01 still no change. The camera will still not zoom in properly for this ship. Everything around the ship is also more zoomed out. I don't think the ship was resized between updates so that's not the issue. Even when I use smaller ships this does not happen.

As I stated in my previous post I will continue to post updates after every patch if the problem persists.
    After update 12.10 no change. However since I can now change ships mid mission I can temp fix the camera by switching to the ship while I'm using the 2009 Constitution. Please do not remove this feature since its the only means I have to at least temporally fix the issue. On a side not this camera bug is not limited to the Discover Enterprise my Federation Dreadnought (aka The Galaxy class refit from All Good Things) also has a bugged camera.
    After update 12.11 no change. The changing to other ships mid mission thing was just a temp bug that you can do in the event version of Kobayashi maru. It lasted for a while but just stopped happening so great I'm completely back to square one.

Man this camera bug is really a mood killer. My only hope is that it just gets fixed has a happy accident of an update patch. I don't think this will ever get addressed directly.
    I think I forgot to mention the situation that might have triggered this bug. Now if I recall this correctly I was at DS9 space and I was switching between my ships. I vaguely remember coming back from a TFO in ds9 space and bam I couldn't get the camera to cycle to the closest view for this ship. Its been stuck like that ever since. Even uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn't work.
    double7m wrote: »
    I think I forgot to mention the situation that might have triggered this bug. Now if I recall this correctly I was at DS9 space and I was switching between my ships. I vaguely remember coming back from a TFO in ds9 space and bam I couldn't get the camera to cycle to the closest view for this ship. Its been stuck like that ever since. Even uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn't work.

Or was I changing ships in sector space, switched to the Discover era Constitution, then entered DS9 space, and then the camera bug started. I must admit its hard to recall this in perfect detail but at least I'm trying to provide answer's to potential triggers of this bug.
    After update 12.20 still no change.
    After update 12.21 no change.
    After update 12.30 no change. Its been roughly five months since this started. Its so frustrating that I've been stuck with this problem for this long. Posting about this bug feels like a total waste of time. I figured that would be the case but it sucks to be right.