test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Wars (RP Thread)

1616263646567»

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,982 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Operation Sledgehammer, Hellius System (MU Red).

"Q-Ships, get their attention" ordered Queen Marissa I (Red Original)
    The Q-Ship captains obeyed and soon started releasing false distress signals over open frequencies,
    "We've suffered damage to pirate attacks, engines failing. Please send, repeat....." was heard on all airwaves.
    "Marissa, remain cloaked until the enemy is fully committed. You will cut off their retreat" said Jodi over secure coms.
    "Liberator here, we're in position. Engaging cloaks now" answered Marissa as the Alcaran Negh'var and Birds of Prey cloaked and waited for the right moment to strike.
    "Monroe, Hawke. Cover my flagship's wing and coordinate with my tactical officer, all Imperial ships, move to ambush positions and remain cloaked until the right time to spring our trap" ordered Empress Jodi Iodokar.
    "Monroe reporting ready and cloaked" answered Lord Reyes Valdez (Red).
    "Hawke is in position, fighters will be good to go as soon as we strike" reported Captain Diana Petrova (red).
    "All Imperial ships report ready and waiting for orders" answered Admiral West.
    "Now we wait for the enemy, our bait is in position" replied Jodi.

The 300 Imperial and Commonwealth ships did not have long to wait as multiple wolfpacks of captured Imperial ships and other assorted ships bore down on the bait, sensors put the enemy strength at 150 ships.
    "Marissa, let us deal with the Imperial ships, you deal with the rest" said Jodi over secure coms.
    "Copy that" answered Marissa.
    "Hold your nerves" ordered Admiral Voras to his bait groups, "we do not want them to be suspicious, keep sending the distress signal."
    "Admiral" answered Commander Verda.
    "Enemy bearing down on us" reported Lt. Xasus.
    "Hold your nerve and wait for them to get closer" ordered Voras.
    "Sir" answered Xasus.

Aboard the Papela, Jodi watched patiently as the VLA wolfpacks closed in on the convoy,
    "Message from Monroe, enemy has taken the bait" reported Admiral West.
    "Orders are to disable, board and wipe out any armed resistance to secure the vessels" ordered Jodi to the kill team leaders.
    "Ma'am" answered the various kill team leaders across the fleet.
    "Police and Commandos, we'll be working with the Imperial Kill teams. Our job to fight our way though to the holding bays and cargo hold, any captives we find, we secure and liberate. Given the nature of our enemy, lethal force is authorised" said Marissa briefing her team leaders.
    "Yes my Queen" answered the Police and Commando team leaders across the Alcaran fleet.
    The order "Suit up" was heard across both Commonwealth and Imperial fleet.
    By now, the VLA had got to within the optimum firing solutions of the Q-Ships' weapons,
    "Now" ordered Jodi.
    The Q-Ships quickly revealed their battleship grade weapons and defences and opened up knocking out the VLA self destructs.
    The VLA not expecting this turned and tried to run, they found themselves on the receiving end of an ambush as Imperial and Alcaran ships appeared all around them with their weapons firing. The VLA reeled from the ambush as they tried to break through the trap but to no avail, they were now boarded.
    Marissa and Reyes led their teams side by side as they swept and cleared their way to the cargo and holding bays, every room had to be checked and cleared as the boarding teams captured each ship deck by deck.
    "Dad, two targets left, 30 metres" reported Marissa.
    "Seen. Barnes, neutralise them" ordered Reyes.
    "My pleasure" answered Barnes before he downed both VLA with a pair of throwing knives.
    "Haywire, nice one for the telepathic aiming" said Barnes afterwards.
    "My pleasure" joked Seisa.
    "Let's move" ordered Marissa.

Eventually they got to the holds and carried out the second part of the plan, rescue. Transporter boosters were set up and soon captives were being beamed to the Imperial and Alcaran ships, the crews now found themselves being hunted down as Imperial and Alcaran troops scoured each deck of each VLA ship.
    With the ships secured, the surviving VLA crews were executed by being beamed into space.
    "Mission accomplished" reported Jodi to the allied fleet, all that was heard was the cheering of victorious troops as Operation Sledgehammer was halted, phase one of the Allied plan had reached their objectives.
    Now the world of Hellius greeted them, this planet was in a state of civil war as the citizens had rose up against VLA occupation. On hearing this news and having it confirmed, Jodi prepared for an Allied intervention as Allied troops now began their landings to support the citizens' revolt.

The VLA were swiftly wiped out by the combined citizen and Allied forces, in exchange for their rebellion against the VLA, the Hellius Prime population were granted a protectorate status.
    Other worlds soon took suit wary of the fate of those worlds who had resisted and turned on their VLA occupiers, they would be protectorates of the Empire as a reward for showing their loyalty. The VLA were now on the retreat, as more slave markets and camps were liberated, the more the cry for revenge went up. The VLA would be shown no quarter as the Allies worked to liberate as many captives as possible.
    In a little over two weeks, 30 LYs had been recaptured as the pincer began to close in on the VLA. The Imperial Forces on the old border now began their offensive, their orders were to disable, board, execute the crew and liberate any captives.
    By the end of week four of Operation Sledgehammer, the pincers were shut on the VLA as the liberation fleets pushed the VLA pockets tighter together. Worlds that resisted suffered the same fate of those who had resisted where as worlds who had proven their loyalty were given protectorate status as a reward.

Seeing the situation turning into a disaster, the VLA's backers now decided to cut their losses and keep a low profile as the KCA (Klingon and Cardassian Alliance) realised that they were now on the Empire's sensor grid as they maintained their cover of the Crisalis Imperium. The VLA had been thrown to the wolves as the the Allies closed in on the last strongholds which promptly turned on the VLA and let the Imperials in. The New Castilian Sector was now officially added to replace the old sector name, the protectorates all swore loyalty to the Empress, the new Governor and the Empire. The Vostroyans was now erased from all logs and histories, the Empire's revenge had been swift as the subjugated Terrans now realised they were a defeated and broken people as did those deported to Commonwealth worlds of the Beta-Joris System. The Vostroyan people had been utterly defeated and destroyed as a culture, nothing remaining of their history, all their achievements wiped away and the humiliation of having to give up their future generations to Imperialisation.

Reyes was now put in charge of organising the forces for a series of assassination missions as the locations of VLA leadership were located and being monitored by drones.
    The swift destruction of the VLA in a matter of weeks was a figurative execution and total destruction, the empress' justice being delivered live from the combat zone.
    "Your people fight well" said Jodi to Marissa aboard the Papela.
    "Like wise, we could learn a lot from each other. Shame we could not rescue all who had been taken" answered Marissa.
    "Marissa, we can't save them all. The Empire will never forget what your peoples did for us, once we've removed the VLA leaderships, I'm going to offer you membership of the Alpha Quadrant Alliance as a fully independent Commonwealth. Your peoples have earned that" replied Jodi.

"What are the benefits of membership?" asked Marissa, "this has to be in the best interests of my peoples."
    "The AQA will not interfere in matter of internal politics, full scale military cooperation and more trade routes with new business opportunities. Your military maybe a motley collection of ships but their crews are excellent, how would your Navy feel if they were to be brought into this century?" countered Jodi.
    "Admiral Voris would be thrilled" answered Marissa.
    "Your Army is very impressive, my Generals all reported their professionalism and talent for motorised and small unit tactics" replied Jodi.
    "Speed and cooperation is the key to defeating an enemy, as this war has proved" answered Marissa,
    "Was fun spending some quality time with Dad, it was a lot of fun. I observed a very calm and collected leader who looked out for his troops, must be from his days as a humble crewman. My father was an enlisted man before earning his commission."
    "He'll have his work cut out for him" replied Jodi.
    "He's welcome to visit Alcar IV to see me, I'm granting him a special pass" answered Marissa.

"Marissa, your peoples are about to meet a wider galaxy and they have the right leader who can guide them. I'm impressed by the Alcaran resolve and readiness to fight for their independence, you lead a very remarkable but pragmatic people. People the Empire can call friends" replied Jodi.
    "I'm honoured, it's a big galaxy and we're only making our first footsteps into it after fighting for our right to exist over the last 120 plus years, Empress, we need all the friends we can get because this is the start of a new age for my people. An age where we can be an active member of the galactic community" answered Marissa, "Empress, remind me never to get on your bad side."
    "From what I've heard, you can be brutal in combat, I read the report. A Queen who leads by example, some of my troops have found a nickname for you, "The Warrior Queen of Alcar"" replied Jodi.
    Marissa just found it amusing,
    "I'm sure the universe has a sense of humour" she sighed afterwards.
    Jodi found it amusing,
    "You and your father are alike in so many ways, not afraid to get your hands dirty and showing no mercy to those who harm innocent people" she said afterwards.
    "Not entirely the same, there are a few things I don't see eye to eye with him on. Empress, thanks for calling me by my birth name, it was a breath of fresh air from the usual Your Majesty, Queen or your Royal Highness" replied Marissa.
    "I'm sure your father is proud of you" answered Jodi.
    "He is, I saw a different side to him, a caring side and a protective side to those who he helped liberate. One hell of a fighter as well" replied Marissa,
    "Leads from the front and I'm impressed by the quality of that leadership and the quality of your Imperial Kill Teams, some threats need lethal force to deal with, only a fool would not see that. There are times when we must take the pragmatic approach" she said afterwards.
    "Marissa, so we do have that understanding. You may not approve of my methods but you understood the need for them" answered Jodi.
    "Those fools signed the death warrant of their culture and civilisation by their actions, yes they are alive but they've lost every shred of their identities. They won't be missed" replied Marissa.

"How would you like to take part in the disposal of the VLA leaders?" asked Jodi.
    "I lead my team" insisted Marissa.
    "Joint command, you and Reyes" replied Jodi.
    "We do work well together, some of my team have been learning new tactics and tricks from your teams and vice-versa" answered Marissa,
    "I'm in" she said afterwards.
    "How many birds of prey can you spare?" asked Jodi.
    "How many do you need?" asked Marissa.
    "One, to infiltrate and land the teams" answered Jodi.
    "Can be arranged" replied Marissa smiling.
    "Get some rest, I'll walk you to your shuttle" answered Jodi.
    "Empress, may this be the start of a strong friendship between our nations" replied Marissa as they walked to the shuttlebay.
    The shuttle left and Marissa eventually arrived aboard the Liberator,
    "Mylissa, assemble our best Commandos and Police" ordered Marissa.
    "Yes my Queen" answered Mylissa.
    Marissa just smiled at the thought of the pain she was going to inflict on the VLA.

Post edited by theraven2378 on
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      edited November 2019
      Hellius Prime, New Castilian Sector (MU red).

Lord Reyes Valdez (red) had taken over the old governors' estate. On inspection with his security, the estate was found to be more than adequate. It was in a secure location on top of a hill with all round fields of view over the countryside as it's mighty walls dominated the view from the plains below,
      "Increase the defences and make this a base for security operations" ordered Reyes as Empress Jodi Iodokar was making her inspection of the troops.
      "I want to meet your team" said Jodi.
      "Barnes, assemble the team" ordered Reyes to Colour Sgt, Barnes.
      "Sir" answered Barnes, "Chosen men and women, assemble here" ordered Barnes to to Reyes' team, the team assembled,
      "Empress, sir, all present and correct" he said to Jodi and Reyes.
      Reyes then introduced his team to Jodi, after talking with them and learning more about them, Jodi smiled,
      "Reyes, this team will do. I'll personally lead this operation" she said afterwards.
      "Not wise given your position but I'm not going to argue the finer points and risk getting on your bad side" answered Reyes.
      "I'm coming along as well, this team will need an extra fighter" said Kestrella.
      "You'll both need training up" replied Reyes.
      "We can hold our own, trust us" answered Jodi.
      "I cannot guarantee your safety, either of you because we are dealing with some very dangerous people" replied Reyes.
      "You've never seen me fight" answered Kestrella.
      "Permission to test that?" asked Reyes.
      "Try it" answered Kestrella.

Reyes feigned a thrust with his dagger only for Kestrella to disarm and take him to the floor,
      "Excellent disarm, you have speed and more fluid movement" he said as Kestrella helped him up.
      "Can you kill?" asked Reyes.
      "Without breaking a sweat" answered Kestrella.
      "Good enough for me, excellent on your unarmed combat but I will want to see control, grace and discipline" replied Reyes.
      "You'll have it" answered Kestrella.
      "Good, your senses will be vital as well. I need you to track enemy movements by telepathy" replied Reyes.
      "Early warning system?" asked Kestrella.
      "Exactly, how are you with a Type 3 phaser?" countered Reyes.
      "Extremely capable" answered Kestrella.
      "We were both taught how to fight by our mother" said Jodi.
      "Start training with the team, get to know their tactics and equipment" replied Reyes.
      "Reyes, we'll be planning the raid with the Alcarans, they've provided us with a Klingon Bird of Prey for the mission. Their queen is bringing her team so I'm making this my HQ until the end of the war" answered Jodi.
      "Ma'am" answered Reyes.
      "What's your first move going to be on keeping this sector secure?" asked Jodi.
      "To ease the strain on Imperial resources, I'll be asking the protectorates if they can contribute the troops for security duties alongside my regulars" answered Reyes,
      "Each recruit background checked and telepathically scanned just to be sure of their loyalty."
      "Wise move, I'm sending you eight legions of the Imperial Army and two fleets. Solat is sending you a Romulan fleet to assist security forces" replied Jodi.
      "The subjugated New Castilians will need a firm hand" replied Reyes as his troops brought in two civilians.

"My Empress, My Lord, these were caught burning their crops on Altris II" said Barnes.
      "What are their designations?" asked Jodi.
      "Gamma 339 and Echo 445, they've refused to hand their relatives over for Imperialisation as well" answered Barnes.
      "They're laughing at you, thinking of how much you are worth alive" said Kestrella to Jodi.
      "Reyes, carry out my justice" ordered Jodi.
      "Gamma 339 and Echo 445, you have broken the Empress' law. Barnes, take their children into Imperial custody and put them up for adoption" ordered Reyes.
      "Yes my Lord" answered Barnes.
      "For burning the Empress' crops, Gamma 339, you are sentenced to death by firing squad. Sentence to be carried out immediately" ordered Reyes as those under the age of 17 in that family were taken away.
      The sentence was carried out as Gamma 339's wife watched.
      "What about this one?" asked Jodi.
      "She's with child" answered Reyes, "Barnes, put Echo 445 in the Imperialisation program and mind wipe her of every trace of her previous culture" he ordered afterwards.
      "This is genocide, you're exterminating my people's culture. You destroyed all our history, we're not allowed to even speak our own language and you're turning our children into Imperials with no knowledge of their past. We cannot even use our names, my name is Mercia Galen not Echo 445" said Echo 445 before she started speaking in her own language.

"If you don't submit to the Empress' law, you will be detained indefinitely in a secure mental health hospital, your child will be Imperialised and you will be mind wiped and spend all day drooling as a vegetable for the rest of your life with all the drugs those doctors will put in your system. You'll be forgotten and no one will remember you.

Submit for Imperialisation and you can have a comfortable life for you and your child" answered Reyes, "or you become a vegetable, your choice."
      "At least our backers made sure those Imperials who could not work were fed to the Targs, very efficient things" replied Echo 445.
      "She's not joking either" said Kestrella.
      "Riazzna, memory wipe her" ordered Reyes.
      "Sir" answered Doctor Wren.
      Doctor Wren wiped all of Echo 445's Vostroyan memories of her culture and soon had her reconditioned for Imperialisation.
      "See, you are more cooperative" said Jodi,
      "Take her away" she ordered to Cmdr. Baker.

"Barnes, inform Gamma 339's adult next of kin and tell them to pick up their relatives for burial" ordered Reyes.
      "Yes my Lord" answered Barnes.
      "Carry on Colour Sgt." replied Reyes.
      "Sir" answered Barnes before he got back to his duties.

"Storm coming in, I suggest we all get inside" said Cmdr. Baker.
      "How strong?" asked Reyes.
      "A lot of rain" answered Baker.
      "Everyone inside" ordered Jodi as the weather opened up with a thunderstorm, high wind and sheets of rain.
      Inside, everyone got to work on keeping themselves occupied while Jodi and Reyes were looking over the floor plans with Solat of a building identified by intelligence as a VLA stronghold on Oltkez III.
      "Seisa, your drones watching the location?" asked Jodi.
      "These are the latest communication intercepts, they think they are safe in their little fortress. They've also got two companies of light infantry protecting the facility" answered Seisa.
      "Nice work" replied Jodi as the floor plan was updated.
      "A tough nut to crack" commented Reyes.
      "Indeed, are there any captives there?" asked Jodi.
      "Several dozen, aged between 13-40" answered Seisa.
      "So we cannot just flatten it from orbit" replied Jodi.
      "Not without killing the captives" answered Seisa.
      "Ground teams it is, I need a full map of the defences" replied Reyes.
      "My Lord" answered Seisa.
      "250 rebels protecting the VLA as well as several dozen captives we need to liberate" said Jodi.
      "We need more than two teams" answered Reyes.
      "Solat, can you spare any teams?" asked Jodi.
      "I can, a Vulcan commando unit and a team of Imperial commandos" answered Solat.
      "We may need that extra bird of prey, Reyes, contact Marissa and arrange for a second Bird of prey to be added to the mission" ordered Jodi.
      "Ma'am" answered Reyes, "message sent on a secure channel. Marissa is on her way to our location with an extra B'Rel as requested" he said afterwards as the Alcaran Royal fleet arrived in orbit. Marissa beamed down and took her place at the planning table.
      "Two Birds of Prey as requested" said Marissa (red original) as she looked over the new intel,
      "Mylissa, my team ready?" she asked afterwards.
      "All present and correct my Queen" answered Mylissa.
      "Today, we plan the end of the VLA. In 48 hours, we are going to end their existence. Four teams will take part, the teams will be carried to the target by two Birds of Prey and make a stealth landing as close to the target compound as possible. We've identified a weak point in the wall here so we'll enter the compound via the lower levels and infiltrate in.

They have at least several dozen captives all aged between the ages of 13-40 so I want absolute fire discipline. Our main targets are the VLA leadership so two teams will go and liberate the captives while I'll lead the main strike and take the head off the enemy with two teams. I want these floor plans memorised" said Jodi.
      "Empress" chorused the team leaders.
      "Who's hungry?" asked Jodi, "dining room for a full staff meal" she said afterwards.
      They all now went to the dining room and took their seats as the royal chefs made a full three course meal for Jodi, Marissa and the allied commanders, each drink and dish scanned for poisons as a precaution.
      Over the next couple of hours, they dined as the weather outside did not let up.
      "Dad, you and Diana, you're a good couple" said Marissa.
      "Well we're making it permanent after the war" said Petrova.
      "Indeed, I've settled down" added Reyes.
      "Proud of you Dad" replied Marissa.
      "Thank you Marissa" answered Reyes.
      "Dad, I know you like Pink Floyd so I found their entire discography for you" said Marissa passing Reyes a box of PADDs containing every Pink Floyd album.
      "Thank you Marissa, you were always a fan of the Wall" answered Reyes.
      "Fantastic album" answered Marissa.
      "Dark Side of The Moon is far better" replied Reyes.
      "Both are equally good" answered Marissa.
      "Pink Floyd?" asked Jodi.
      "An old Terran music band from the late 20th century" answered Reyes.
      "Really good music to relax to" added Marissa.
      "That it is" answered Reyes.

"Empress, who's in this Alliance?" asked Marissa.
      "The Terran Empire, the Dominion and the Voth are the main members but we do have other races as well all joined in cooperation and mutual defence" answered Jodi.
      "And all independent?" asked Marissa.
      "Indeed, one of your biggest concerns has been about protecting your peoples and their independence. That is guaranteed" answered Jodi.
      "We can deal with the formalities after the war is over, it's got the support of the people so once it's passed through parliament, it can be ratified" replied Marissa.
      "Putting your people before yourself" answered Jodi.
      "I have to" replied Marissa, "they are my family in a way."
      "If Louise saw you now" said Reyes.
      "Louise?" asked Jodi.
      "Late wife, Marissa's mother" answered Reyes.
      "It's somewhat painful" added Marissa, "Empress, ruling the biggest empire in the galaxy must a stressful job" she said to Jodi afterwards.
      "It is, I'm sure there have been times where you've had that urge to shoot your parliament" answered Jodi.
      "I've not had to go that far, thankfully" joked Marissa.
      It caused a few smiles, one of which from Jodi.

"Ms. Lot, how are you finding life on campaign?" asked Reyes to Kestrella.
      "I'm coping very well, I was talking with some of the soldiers and they've been what do you Terrans call "chilled out" and not shown any hostility to me" answered Kestrella.
      "Not every Terran is a xenophobic fool, at one point, we felt so threatened by your people that your civilisation was nearly destroyed. That was a mistake on my people's part, they saw threat, I saw potential asset. Having fought them, I realised that if the Betazoids had been not mistreated, they would have a been a valued member of the Empire but my superiors did not think the same way" replied Reyes.
      "Now we are the equal of Terrans, we've come a long way" answered Kestrella.
      "Indeed, it's excellent. The Betazoid people are a remarkable people" replied Reyes, "name's Reyes" he said afterwards introducing himself formally.
      "Kestrella" answered Kestrella.
      "Well met" replied Reyes.
      "Likewise, you've served my sister well and that has earned my respect" answered Kestrella.
      "End of the day, the Empress is my boss and I serve your family as penance for what I did to your people and countless others" replied Reyes.
      "Penance?" asked Kestrella.
      "A price someone must pay for their sins against others in my culture and faith, my father accepts that price" answered Marissa.
      "Precisely" replied Reyes.
      "I noticed a more caring side, I heard him say a prayer for those departed so ease their passing" said Jodi, "What language was that?" she asked Reyes afterwards.
      "Latin, it's a very ancient language" answered Reyes.
      "Spoken by very few" replied Jodi.
      "Indeed" answered Reyes.

"Well we've got an early start tomorrow" said Jodi, "with the weather making transporters and shuttles too dangerous, I'll be needing the governor's quarters" she said afterwards.
      "I'll take the couch in the governor's quarters" said Kestrella.
      "I'll take a guest room" said Marissa.
      "Guards will be posted to assist your royal guards" answered Reyes to Jodi and Marissa,
      "Reyes, we can share a guest room" said Petrova.
      With that, guards were posted to all quarters as everyone else went to get some rest while the troops on watch patrolled the walls.

NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        edited November 2019
        Hellius Prime (MU red).

"Morning" said Empress Jodi Iodokar in the governor's office.
        "Morning ma'am" answered Lord Reyes Valdez (red).
        "What resources will be needed to rebuild this sector in a more Imperial manner?" asked Jodi.
        "On the depopulated worlds, I'm going to have the old city ruins built over so I'll be needing the building resources, civil engineers, architects and construction workers" answered Reyes as he poured a cup of tea for Jodi and a coffee for himself.
        "Thank you" answered Jodi as she scanned the tea to make sure it was safe.
        "Ma'am, there are some things sacred in the morning, a cup of tea or coffee being one of them" replied Reyes as news came through of farmers burning their crops in defiance.
        "Baker, find out which farms have burnt their crops and detain the occupants, those under 17 go for Imperialisation and the rest of the family are to be detained for destruction of the Empress' property" ordered Reyes via combadge.
        "My Lord" answered Baker.
        "Baker, make sure all hear this,
        "Any serf who burns their crops will be punished for the destruction of Imperial property, if they want to burn their crops, they'll suffer the consequences. Their children are to detained and Imperialised. Put those who burn their crops on half rations, just enough to keep them alive and productive, those who submit to Imperialisation get treated better" and I want the point driven home that submission to Imperialisation means a comfortable life" ordered Reyes.
        "Imperialise or be subjugated, copy that my Lord" answered Baker.
        "Carry on" replied Reyes.
        "My Lord" answered Baker.

"These people could have avoided this" said Jodi.
        "Exactly, now they are paying the price" answered Reyes.
        "What's the policy on taxation?" asked Jodi.
        "That is a civil manner, I'll be creating a Sector government of the protectorates and repopulated worlds. Your advisers will be essential" answered Reyes.
        "You'll get the staff and resources you need" replied Jodi.
        "Thanks, this sector will require a very firm hand" answered Reyes,
        "These people will be Imperialised, it may take two or three generations but it will happen. I may need a thought police, any New Castilian who tries to revive their lost culture will be treated as enemies of the state and punished by their next generations being Imperialised and the thought criminal deported to a penal colony for thoughts against the state."
        "You'll need Betazoids" answered Jodi.
        "Some contact lenses to disguise them as Terran and they'll be more than ideal as a secret police on patrol with the regular troops" replied Reyes.
        "Smart thinking" answered Jodi.
        "Never go into an operation without all your best assets for the job, you use all available assets" replied Reyes.
        "Treating this as a military operation?" asked Jodi.
        "Until the civil authorities are in place, it's a military operation. Security in first then infrastructure and rebuilding" answered Reyes.

"Ma'am, the political aide has arrived from Terra" reported Jodi's operations officer.
        "Send her down" answered Jodi, a Terran female beamed into the office with a couple of bags.
        "Excellency" answered the Terran female.
        "Ms. Barnes, how was the trip over" asked Jodi.
        "Very quiet" answered Jennifer Barnes.
        "Ms. Barnes, meet your new superior. Lord Reyes Valdez, governor of this sector" replied Jodi.
        "Ms. Barnes, I hope you can keep me on my toes" said Reyes.
        "I'll do my best" answered Jennifer.
        "Excellent, welcome aboard" replied Reyes, "What's your first name?" he asked afterwards.
        "Jennifer" answered Jennifer.
        "Pleased to meet you, I read your file. Full honours in political science, experience as a city administrator on Terra and not afraid to keep your superiors on their toes. You'll fit in here" replied Reyes.

"Thank you sir, Is there a Sgt. Barnes working for you?" asked Jennifer.
        "There's a Colour Sgt. Barnes, commander of my guard" answered Reyes.
        "Marek, still trying to avoid being an officer" replied Jennifer.
        "Sounds like you know him very well" answered Reyes.
        "He's my adoptive father" replied Jennifer,
        "Both of my parents were killed in the occupation, they were taken away and I never saw them again. Marek and his family took me in and raised me as their own."
        "He's a good man, some of the stories I could tell you" answered Reyes, "Barnes, my office" he ordered afterwards via combadge.

When Barnes arrived, he was greeted by Jennifer,
        "Marek, still looking after yourself I see" said Jennifer.
        "Jennifer, congratulations on your political science. Full honours, I'm proud of you" answered Barnes.
        "You still remember the night Terra was liberated?" asked Jennifer.
        "That was an infamous night, we both were hunting Alliance personnel that night and disposing of them" answered Barnes.
        "We saw the fates of the collaborators, their entire bloodline purged along with them. For days afterwards, Terra's streets ran red with blood" replied Jennifer.
        "The Night of Blood, in the space of one night, all KCA and their collaborators wiped out along with their families, any Terrans who had been forced into collaboration to get their family out of the slave camps, we spared since we only went after those who profited from the suffering of their own people. Millions died that night as Terra was overtaken by a wave of pent up anger, rage and hatred, it broke like a dam and eventually stopped when morning came" answered Barnes.
        "You were 24 at the time" replied Jennifer.
        "Yeah, you got your first kill that night aged 9. You showed no mercy to that wounded Cardassian" answered Barnes.
        "That was for my parents, bashing that Cardassian's head in with a rock felt really good though I've not killed anyone since, so I went into civilian life" replied Jennifer.
        "You've done well" answered Barnes, "You are safe around the governor, he looks after those under his command."
        "Ms. Barnes, I'm not a tyrant with my staff so no need to worry and since you are a civilian, you are not bound by military rules so learn to relax" said Reyes.
        "Sir" answered Jennifer.
        "Sir will do in a pinch" replied Reyes.
        "Sir it is" answered Jennifer.
        Reyes just smiled.

"What's your job?" asked Barnes to Jennifer.
        "I'm aide to the governor, I've been told by him to keep him on his toes" replied Jennifer.
        "Aide to a governor is a big foot in the door, well done. He's a good boss, you've never seen him in combat" answered Barnes.
        "I have actually, the liberation raids were being aired on INN. I noted good leadership qualities and excellent teamwork" replied Jennifer,
        "Marek, that's the kind of teamwork I'm looking for and that can transfer into a civilian model on the civil front."
        "You'll fit right in here, welcome to the team" answered Barnes.
        "The thinking is very good" noted Reyes to Jodi, "Very unorthodox" he said afterwards.
        "That's why she was selected" replied Jodi.

"Good choice" answered Reyes as a large painting arrived,
        "Behind the deck on the wall, be careful."
        The painting was put up and two Imperial flags raised on either side.
        "Nice, so everyone who comes into the office is always under the gaze of the Empress" said Jennifer.
        "That's the intention" answered Reyes.
        "We all serve the Empress" replied Jennifer.
        "Very true" answered Reyes,
        "Great boss to work for as well."
        "Well let's get to work" replied Jennifer.
        "Barnes, can you show Ms. Barnes to her quarters?" asked Reyes.
        "Sir" answered Barnes, "Jennifer, I'll help you with your bags"
        "Thanks Marek" replied Jennifer before they both left the office with the bags.
        "Reyes, don't underestimate her, she's sharp" said Jodi.
        "I like her enthusiasm" replied Reyes, "I'll put that mind to good use."

"I'll need the rescue and kill teams assembled in the war room, what's the best way to take a fortress?" asked Jodi.
        "From within usually, sieges were often ended by treachery when the gates were opened to the attackers" answered Reyes,
        "What are you thinking?"
        "Infiltrate and capture the fortress from within, liberate any captives and take the heads of the VLA leaders" answered Jodi.
        "The intel from Haywire's Drones has confirmed a weak point in the VLA fortress defences" replied Reyes as they walked to the War Room.
        In the War Room, the leaders gathered and soon were planning their raid,
        "Method of attack will be an infiltration mission, Alcarans and Vulcan commandos will liberate the captives and secure them while I'll lead two kill teams to remove the VLA leadership. Reyes will be my XO in the Kill Teams. Marissa, you will also lead the Vulcans, get to those captives quickly" ordered Jodi, "Reyes, you have the floor."
        "Given the floor plan, the captives will be held in a secured location, we've traced them to a basement in the foundations of the North West perimeter tower. Alcarans and Vulcans will infiltrate in via the underground river passages, enter the system through these caves here, the passage leads to the cells. Once in, get to the captives and extract them" ordered Reyes.

"Copy that" answered Marissa I (red), "Once we've secured the captives, they'll be beamed out to the Birds of Prey if we cannot walk them out."
        "Kill Teams, our job will be to take out the VLA leadership. We'll enter in through the maintenance tunnels. Haywire, you'll take down the security. Once security is down, we'll clear our way to the VLA leaders, no quarter will be given to the enemy" ordered Jodi, "the enemy have concentrated their forces into protecting their outer defences. Drone flights have confirmed that. Enemy resistance is 250 light infantry with a token force guarding the captives.
        "Kill teams, we'll be going CQB so autocarbines and pulsewaves with plenty of grenades" ordered Reyes,
        "Betazoids will be acting as our eyes and ears so keep them protected."
        "Sir" answered the kill teams.
        "We move in 24 hours, all teams are to practice this until we get it right" ordered Jodi.
        "Empress" said everyone at the table.
        "Dismissed, get some breakfast" ordered Jodi.
        "Empress" answered everyone at the table before they left.
        "Ma'am, you and your sister need to be measured out for your uniform and armour" said Reyes.
        "Let's get that done after breakfast" answered Jodi.

After breakfast, Jodi and Kestrella were then measured in private after Reyes had left, an hour later, they were given their armour and uniforms for the raid.
        When they arrived back in uniform, Reyes had Private Rachel Tate fit their armour to them.
        "Comfortable ma'ams?" asked Tate.
        "It is" answered Jodi.
        "Very fine attention to detail" said Kestrella.
        "Ma'ams" answered Tate.
        "Thank you Private Tate" replied Kestrella.
        "My father was an armourer, I've been helping people with their armour since I was a child in the family business" answered Tate as she checked both Jodi and Kestrella and made sure the armour was securely attached,
        "Helmet is faceless but it allows the wearer to see everything via Head's Up Display and gives maximum head protection."
        "Will it inhibit telepathic senses?" asked Kestrella.
        "Not at all" answered Tate.
        "Private, thank you" replied Kestrella.
        "Ma'am" answered Tate.
        "First name?" asked Kestrella.
        "Rachel, ma'am" answered Tate.
        "Fine work here Rachel, keep up the good work" replied Kestrella.
        "Ma'am" answered Tate.

...................................................................................................................................
        Betazed (MU Yellow)

"Reyes, relax" said Trianna Valdez-Brookfield (red).
        "I'm under siege" joked Reyes Valdez (yellow).
        "Mara, Junior, what are you both doing?" asked Charlie Brookfield (red).
        All he got was a smile from them,
        "Planning galactic domination" he joked afterwards as Trianna and Teanna (red) were both sat down sewing a curtain.
        "Trianna, you seem distracted" said Teanna.
        "Mother, it's been a long week at work. The amount of times I've had to deal with cocky fighter jocks and captains demanding that they be given priority for repairs, it's enough to drive anyone up the wall" answered Trianna.
        "Could be worse, try uncooperative perps" replied Charlie.
        "Good point" answered Trianna as Mara and Junior both decided they were going to terrorise Reyes.
        Trianna and Teanna both just glared at Mara and Junior,
        "Charlie, Reyes, can you both take the little ones into the garden and keep them occupied?" asked Trianna.
        "We need peace and quiet" added Teanna.
        "Come on you two, garden shoes on" said Charlie before he, Reyes and the little ones went into the garden.

"I'm proud of you, I've seen who you've become. A mother and loving wife" said Teanna.
        "It's never easy, if it's not Junior trying to wind his big sister up, it's Mara trying to wind her little brother up. Me and Charlie are on the same page with the little ones" answered Trianna.
        "All part of the joy" replied Teanna.
        "It feels like in some way, I've become like my mother with the little ones" answered Trianna.
        "Not entirely" replied Teanna.
        "I'm strict with them to a point but at the same time, loving" answered Trianna.
        "How are you raising them?" asked Teanna.
        "Not the way I was raised, they should have a choice" answered Trianna.
        "With a firm but fair hand" replied Teanna.
        "Exactly, I don't want them becoming spoilt brats so please can you limit how much you spoil them?" asked Trianna.
        "They're my grandchildren" answered Teanna.
        "It's not setting a good example" replied Trianna.
        "I'll limit it to special occasions and birthdays" answered Teanna.

"Thanks, I've told Isabella the same" answered Trianna as Antos, Isabella and their boys arrived.
        "Red!" said the boys.
        "Boys, you all been behaving?" asked Trianna.
        "To a point, Mom caught us trying to avoid our homework" answered Julius.
        "Mom and Dad were not happy" added Marius.
        "I'm not surprised, your education is important" answered Trianna.
        "Could be worse, Andreas is in the doghouse with Mom" replied Marius.
        "He was caught cheating" answered Julius.
        "Ouch" replied Trianna.
        "His teacher was not happy" answered Antos.
        "I'm not surprised" replied Trianna.
        "Andreas, you will stay seated and not answer back" said Isabella.
        "It was just mock exam, I can't get away with anything with Miss Lot" answered Andreas.
        "Besides the point, you never cheat in your education. You got caught now deal with the consequences, one more remark from you and it's an extra two days of chores" replied Isabella.
        "Teacher was telepathic, I'm not your slave" joked Andreas.

"Andreas, make that an extra day on chores. Never joke about slavery, it's not funny" answered Isabella.
        "For F........" replied Andreas only to be cut off mid-sentence.
        "Do not finish that sentence" answered Antos.
        "Andreas, show your parents some respect. You got busted so deal with it" added Trianna,
        "That attitude needs sorting out, being 15 years old means you should know better."
        "But Red......." answered Andreas before he was cut off mid-sentence.
        "Stay sat there and take the punishment for getting caught" replied Trianna.
        "Not fair" complained Andreas, "besides you're not my mother."
        "Who's house is this?" asked Trianna.
        "Yours" answered Andreas.
        "Your punishment still stands now stay sat there" replied Trianna.
        "Thanks Red" answered Isabella.
        "Not a problem" replied Trianna, "cup of tea?" she asked afterwards.
        "Please" answered Isabella and Teanna.
        Trianna and Teanna took a break from the sewing and put the sewing kits and curtains away before all three women relaxed as Antos, Julius and Marius went to join the others in the garden. Andreas had to stay sat down bored, anytime he tried to complain, he got a,
        "Don't even think about it" from either Trianna and Teanna.

NMXb2ph.png
          edited November 2019
          Oltkez III (MU red)

Two Birds of Prey entered the Oltkez system under cloak and headed to the third planet,
          "Ready the teams" ordered Empress Jodi Iodokar from the lead Bird of Prey.
          "All teams, suit up, we're landing in 30 minutes" ordered Lord Reyes Valdez (red) to the teams aboard both ships as they began their descent into the atmosphere.
          "Landing zones are in view" reported the Alcaran helm officer.
          "Take us in nice and easy" ordered Jodi.
          "Ma'am" answered the officer.
          "Second Bird of Prey is beginning their landing" reported Reyes.
          "Land us as close to this location as you can without being detected" ordered Jodi to the Alcaran helm officer.
          "Beginning landing, you'll have 200 metres of dead ground to cover your teams to the maintenance tunnel" answered the Alcaran helm officer as the Bird of Prey landed.
          "All teams, disembark" ordered Jodi as she and Kestrella put their helmets on.

The teams now split to hit their objectives, the Alcarans led by Queen Marissa I (red original) and the Vulcans went for the North West tower as they infiltrated via a underground river. Jodi led the two kill teams in via the maintenance tunnels as the VLA defenders patrolled the defences above ground. The first objective was dealing with the VLA guarding the security and defence mainframes,
          "Six Terrans guarding it, 10 metres" reported Kestrella.
          "Reyes, Barnes, neutralise them" ordered Jodi.
          "Lot, I need those senses" said Reyes.
          "You've got them" answered Kestrella.
          "Let's move, throwing knives" ordered Reyes.
          "Ready" answered Barnes.
          Reyes, Barnes and Kestrella then took down the guards covering the door with telepathically aimed knives.
          "Guards down" reported Kestrella.
          "Haywire, how fast can you fire?" asked Reyes.
          "Extremely" answered Seisa.
          "I need three head shots through a wall" replied Reyes.
          "I see them, firing" answered Seisa as three bullets were beamed into the room and hit the remaining guards, killing them,
          "Room clear" she answered.
          "Secure it" ordered Jodi.
          "Let's move" said Reyes before the mainframe was secured.
          "Haywire, you're up" ordered Jodi.
          "Ma'am" answered Seisa as she got to work, after a minute, the security systems were down as the liberation teams reported they had reached their objectives.

"Found the captives, how are we on security?" asked Marissa.
          "It's down" answered Reyes.
          "We're beaming the hostages out" answered Marissa.
          "Copy that" answered Reyes.
          The captives were now beamed out as the VLA still had no idea they were under attack,
          "My team is moving to your location" said Marissa.
          When both teams met up, they now began their main assault into the main building as they infiltrated in through the basements.
          Each floor was cleared by stealth as knives became the preferred weapon with the teams ending guards with a swift dagger thrust.
          They now moved in on the last pocket of VLA as a Bird of Prey decloaked and cleared the outer defences,
          "Right on time" said Jodi.
          "Let's end this" answered Marissa as Edwards loaded up a grenade into his underslung Grenade launcher on his pulsewave.
          "Say hello to my little friend" said Edwards before firing the grenade at the door,
          it exploded sending debris and shrapnel into the room, any VLA who were not killed by the flying shrapnel now tried to seek cover as the teams rolled in smoke and stun grenades. They now stormed the room killing the VLA soldiers quickly and efficiently with Jodi, Reyes, Kestrella and Marissa being in the thick of it.
          In a matter of minutes, the VLA leaders were secured and brought to Jodi,
          "Who are you?" demanded the VLA leaders.
          "On charges of treason against the state, the enslavement and murder of Imperial citizens and rebellion, you are all sentenced to die" said Jodi as she took her helmet off,
          "Reyes, Kestrella, dispose of them" she ordered afterwards.
          "With pleasure" answered Reyes as he and Kestrella slit the throats of each VLA prisoner.
          "Take their heads" ordered Jodi.
          The order was carried out.

The teams then evacuated as both Birds of Prey extracted the teams. The VLA stronghold was then flattened from orbit as the raiders returned to Hellius Prime.

When they arrived back, they were greeted by cheers as the troops all saw the heads of the VLA leaders being mounted on pikes.
          Jodi and Marissa saw each other as allies as both worked out the final details on the Alliance treaty, that evening over dinner, Jodi congratulated the teams on a job well done as news of the raid was aired on INN. There was a huge cheer as Jodi made sure the troops who had taken part were well rewarded,
          "Ladies and Gentlemen, enjoy" she said as the beer started to flow.
          The next day, Jodi carried out the marriage ceremony of Reyes and Diana Petrova (red). After the ceremony, Jodi congratulated them as Marissa and the troops all watched,
          "You are now both named man and wife, Lord and Lady Petrova-Valdez" she said as Reyes and Petrova signed the wedding contract.
          "Thank you, it means a lot to us" said Petrova as she gave her new husband a kiss.
          "Ma'am, we're honoured" added Reyes, "You and Kestrella are excellent warriors, you both fought well and with honour" he said afterwards.
          "You're welcome, may the people of the Empire see that you are a knight of the Empire and protector of the people" replied Jodi.

"Ma'am, you've more than earned this" answered Reyes presenting Jodi with a Kill Team badge,
          "Anytime you need my team, they'll be ready."
          "They are very good at what they do, each member knowing what their precise task is. I noticed the dagger and the throwing knife were the most preferred weapons" replied Jodi.
          "Cold steel is much quieter" answered Reyes.
          "And also more personal" replied Jodi.
          "Indeed, as leaders go, you're a good one. One hell of a fighter, that was brutally swift how you took down that VLA fighter, nice knife work" answered Reyes.
          "Thank you, I can see why your enemies give you that name. That kind of reputation will be excellent to clean up and rebuild this sector" answered Jodi.
          "I'm giving the worlds who showed their loyalty a voice by making their leaders a sector council, they've earned it and to be honest, they know the home field" replied Reyes.
          "Use all operational assets on a civil level" answered Jodi.
          "Precisely, same principle as the military approach, I see Ms. Barnes has been talking with you" replied Reyes smiling.
          "She had some interesting points, very respectful as well in presenting her case" answered Jodi.
          "I'll make sure she's well looked after out of respect for a loyal friend" replied Reyes.
          "You take care of your own" answered Jodi,
          "Show strength by strong leadership, transfer that to the civil front and you earn the respect of the systems under you."
          "I intend to" answered Reyes.
          "Excellent, I'll be wanting the reports weekly" replied Jodi.
          "Ma'am" answered Reyes.

"Reyes, we started off on the wrong foot but I saw a warrior yesterday. For that, I am pleased to see that you are no longer the butcher who killed or enslaved millions in the old days. Thank you for understanding that not just Terrans make the best fighters" said Kestrella.
          "Never underestimate a Betazoid" answered Reyes.
          Kestrella found it amusing,
          "Congratulations on your marriage, may you and Diana live a long and happy life together" she said afterwards.

"Thank you" answered Reyes.
          "Thank you Ms. Lot" added Petrova.
          "Lord and Lady Valdez, I'll leave you both to enjoy your day, some of the troops want to teach me how to play a game called poker" replied Kestrella.
          "Barnes, that better be for fun only, no gambling" said Reyes to Barnes.
          "No money parting hands" answered Barnes as Kestrella joined Barnes and his team at the table,
          "Someone get Banshee here a beer."
          "Banshee?" asked Kestrella.
          "Irish folklore, the Banshee is a feared figure in the Irish culture. We're giving you a nickname, "The Banshee of Betazed" answered Barnes as a beer was passed to Kestrella,
          "You've earned our respect, a great warrior" he said afterwards.
          "As have you, you are all crazy but in a good way" answered Kestrella as the cards were being dealt.
          "Crazy, that's a way of life" joked Tate.
          "Very true" countered Orensky.
          "Edwards, you went all Scarface, that was funny as hell" said Barnes.
          "I couldn't resist, that door flew further than I expected" joked Edwards,
          Everyone around the table found it amusing,
          "Thank you for respecting certain boundaries" said Kestrella afterwards.
          "We'll consider you a friend. Tate, have you got that box?" asked Barnes.
          "Here it is" answered Tate.
          Barnes opened the box and presented Kestrella with a Kill Team badge,
          "You earned it" he said afterwards.
          "Thank you, you all do the Empire proud" answered Kestrella.
          "Ma'am" replied Barnes.

Jodi just smiled as she passed Reyes and Petrova a beer each, they just sat down around a table and all three enjoyed their well earned beers as Seisa was trying to bluff Barnes at the poker table. Marissa then joined Reyes, Jodi and Petrova at their table,
          "Congratulations Dad, congratulation Diana" she said.
          "Thank you Marissa" answered Petrova.
          "Marissa, proud of you" added Reyes.
          "Dad, Diana, you are welcome to visit Alcar IV. In fact, I'm giving you this, a diplomatic pass to visit" answered Marissa giving Reyes the pass,
          "Empress, the Commonwealth never forgets their friends and allies. I'm asking for an ambassador to the Commonwealth so we can open diplomatic avenues in trade and cooperation" she said afterwards.
          "That can be arranged" answered Jodi as a beer was passed to Marissa as the news of the end of the Second Vostroyan War spread like wildfire, any remaining rebel groups in the Empire seeing that the Empress meant business, fled for the territory of the KCA remnants.

With the war over, the Alcarans withdrew their forces back over the border while the Imperials withdrew their forces from Commonwealth space. The liberated Imperial citizens all thanked the Alcarans for their help and soon were on their way with the Imperial fleet.

A week later on Alcar IV, Queen Marissa I gave her people a speech,
          "My fellow Alcarans, we are no longer alone to face the darkness. Today is the start of a new age where we will make our mark on the galaxy as the newest member of the Galactic community, we've got the respect of our largest neighbour who's recognised our independence and has offered membership of the Alpha Quadrant Alliance.

Every citizen has read the AQA charter, every member of this Alliance is fully independent and Alliance members will not interfere in the internal affairs of their fellow members. All Alliance members have a defensive pact so if one member is attacked by an outside threat, it's an attack on all so we'll be running joint border security and increased trade with our neighbours. We do not expand by war but by trade and diplomacy, that's the way it's staying.
          We have much work to do as a people so let's work with our neighbours and show the galaxy that we have the right to exist, we've faced the threat of being conquered, we are still here. This Alliance secures our borders but the military will be kept at full strength, we will not be complacent.
          Citizens, be proud of what we've become. A light in the darkness, a civilisation that has endured through hardships but have earned the right to be here.
          Citizens, be proud of who we are, we may be made of different species but we are Alcaran and we will show the galaxy what we can do.
          Good health and long life to the Commonwealth, good health and long life to you all. Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."

With that, Marissa signed the treaty inducting the Commonwealth into the AQA as the reservists were demobilised and returned to their home worlds and newer model Imperial designed ships were beginning to come into Commonwealth Navy service. Gone were the old and near obsolete 23rd century ships as they were decommissioned and put into Commonwealth museums, in were the new Regent class, Alita class, Gagarin class, Pathfinder class and Maelstrom class starships. When Commonwealth crews saw their new ships, they cheered as the former KCA ships were modernised with newer Imperial designed systems. The Commonwealth Navy was now a major military force as their crews were being trained on how to operate the ships by Imperial observers. The Empire also provided the Commonwealth Navy with the schematics of the Damar class dreadnought, the Ghemor class flight deck cruiser, the Kor class Bird of Prey and the Martok class heavy dreadnought Battle cruiser with instructions how to construct and operate them.

In exchange, the Alcarans now opened their trade lines and markets to Imperial and AQA merchant shipping. Any AQA merchant ship travelling through Alcaran space would be given an escort by the Commonwealth Navy in trade convoys. The Alcarans also shared their automated dilithium mining and refinement technology to the AQA as well. Trade now crossed the border as merchants and traders had access to each other's markets on both sides of the border.

On Hellius, Reyes got to work on starting the rebuilding of the sector as Jodi and Kestrella returned to Betazed with their forces. Solat then left for Vulcan later the same day as Reyes and Petrova organised the Sector defence forces. For the rebels, it was the retreat from hell as they were hunted down and eliminated. Most rebel ships were caught before they'd even crossed from Imperial space but a third managed to evade the Imperial Starfleet, the rebels now realised that if they did not unite their forces with the KCA, there was no hope of overthrowing the Empire.

NMXb2ph.png
            edited November 2019
            Hellius Prime (MU red)

"Sir, your morning itinerary" said Jennifer Barnes to Lord Reyes Valdez as he was having a cup of coffee.
            "ETA on on the rest of the civilian staff?" asked Reyes.
            "They're arriving this afternoon, you've got a meeting with the military commanders at 1000 and a meeting with the Sector Council at 1130" answered Jennifer.
            "Anything else?" asked Reyes.
            "You've got a meeting with the merchant guild at 0830" answered Jennifer.
            "Thank you, excellent work" replied Reyes.
            "Sir, ETA on the engineers, architects and construction workers. They'll be arriving later on this morning" answered Jennifer.
            "Excellent, make sure troops are attached to those sites as security" ordered Reyes.
            "Sir" answered Jennifer.
            "Jennifer, learn to relax" advised Reyes.
            "Sorry sir, force of habit" answered Jennifer.
            "No need to say sorry, it's a new job so you'll be feeling the pressure to impress. Just do your best and learn to relax a bit more" advised Reyes.

"Easier said than done, you would not understand" answered Jennifer.
            "I've read your file. To spend most of your early childhood on the run moving from location to location to avoid being rounded up, must have been hell" replied Reyes.
            "My town was the target of a KCA reprisal, my parents were among those taken away. I never saw them again, Marek took me in after his group managed to get the survivors out. We moved through the swamps and forests of eastern Poland and western Russia, always trying to stay one step ahead of the Alliance, that was my childhood since age 4. Everything we needed, we took from the forest. Clothing was made using the skins and furs of animals we hunted or what we liberated from the Alliance troops ambushed and killed, we hunted our meat with bows and homemade arrows and learnt what was safe to eat and not safe to eat and nothing was wasted, everything was used. It was uncomfortable but at least we were free, the winters were the worst part but what we learned kept us alive. The Alliance tried to round us up but we were always one step ahead of them, they sent in troops after us but those troops never emerged from the forest alive. They'd been killed, stripped of everything including clothing, supplies and weapons then left to the wolves, some may have been still alive and wounded when the wolves came to claim them.

When the Alliance noticed their troops not emerging, they tried bigger troop surges to find us. They also never emerged from the forest and we got everything off them them after we killed them, must have been humiliating being killed by a simple bow or being eaten alive by wolves while trying to crawl away. At least they felt the cold grip of death in a most brutal manner.

Marek taught me how to defend myself and how to survive off what the land provides, he's been like the closest thing I've had to a father figure in my life. I'm alive because of him" answered Jennifer.

"That was a long time ago, never let your past control you. You build your own future and leave the past as history, it's hard but it's necessary" advised Reyes.
            "Thank you sir" answered Jennifer.
            "Think on that" replied Reyes, "In fact, I can run a search for your parents if it means you getting some closure" he said afterwards.
            "Please, it's been too long, part of me hopes they are still alive but I cannot reserve much hope" answered Jennifer.
            "Names?" asked Reyes.
            "Konstantin Resovsky and Julia Resovsky" answered Jennifer.
            "Computer, run a check of KCA records, names are Resovsky, Konstantin and Julia" requested Reyes.
            "Results found, both deceased. Location- Praga Death Camp" answered the computer.
            "Jennifer, I'm sorry" said Reyes showing Jennifer the report on the monitor, "You have my condolences."
            "Thank you for getting me some closure" answered Jennifer as she took in the news.

"Don't let it beat you down, make your parents proud" advised Reyes,
            "You are a survivor and that means you never give up. Embrace that as a strength and never let the negatives bring you down.
            You're among friends here so you are safe here, you no longer have to live in fear. If it makes you feel better, the people who carried out these atrocities paid for their crimes. It won't bring your parents and those taken from your town back but it means no more people will be hurt by the people who destroyed your town, family and community.
            In fact, I want you to go and speak with Doctor Wren."
            "They paid alright, we led the liberation of Warsaw and spared not one KCA soldier and Collaborator. Never upset the Poles" answered Jennifer, "Hellius Prime (MU red)

"Sir, your morning itinerary" said Jennifer Barnes to Lord Reyes Valdez as he was having a cup of coffee.
            "ETA on on the rest of the civilian staff?" asked Reyes.
            "They're arriving this afternoon, you've got a meeting with the military commanders at 1000 and a meeting with the Sector Council at 1130" answered Jennifer.
            "Anything else?" asked Reyes.
            "You've got a meeting with the merchant guild at 0830" answered Jennifer.
            "Thank you, excellent work" replied Reyes.
            "Sir, ETA on the engineers, architects and construction workers. They'll be arriving later on this morning" answered Jennifer.
            "Excellent, make sure troops are attached to those sites as security" ordered Reyes.
            "Sir" answered Jennifer.
            "Jennifer, learn to relax" advised Reyes.
            "Sorry sir, force of habit" answered Jennifer.
            "No need to say sorry, it's a new job so you'll be feeling the pressure to impress. Just do your best and learn to relax a bit more" advised Reyes.

"Easier said than done, you would not understand" answered Jennifer.
            "I've read your file. To spend most of your early childhood on the run moving from location to location to avoid being rounded up, must have been hell" replied Reyes.
            "My town was the target of a KCA reprisal, my parents were among those taken away. I never saw them again, Marek took me in after his group managed to get the survivors out. We moved through the swamps and forests of eastern Poland and western Russia, always trying to stay one step ahead of the Alliance, that was my childhood since age 4. Everything we needed, we took from the forest. Clothing was made using the skins and furs of animals we hunted or what we liberated from the Alliance troops ambushed and killed, we hunted our meat with bows and homemade arrows and learnt what was safe to eat and not safe to eat and nothing was wasted, everything was used. It was uncomfortable but at least we were free, the winters were the worst part but what we learned kept us alive. The Alliance tried to round us up but we were always one step ahead of them, they sent in troops after us but those troops never emerged from the forest alive. They'd been killed, stripped of everything including clothing, supplies and weapons then left to the wolves, some may have been still alive and wounded when the wolves came to claim them.

When the Alliance noticed their troops not emerging, they tried bigger troop surges to find us. They also never emerged from the forest and we got everything off them them after we killed them, must have been humiliating being killed by a simple bow or being eaten alive by wolves while trying to crawl away. At least they felt the cold grip of death in a most brutal manner.

Marek taught me how to defend myself and how to survive off what the land provides, he's been like the closest thing I've had to a father figure in my life. I'm alive because of him" answered Jennifer.

"That was a long time ago, never let your past control you. You build your own future and leave the past as history, it's hard but it's necessary" advised Reyes.
            "Thank you sir" answered Jennifer.
            "Think on that" replied Reyes, "In fact, I can run a search for your parents if it means you getting some closure" he said afterwards.
            "Please, it's been too long, part of me hopes they are still alive but I cannot reserve much hope" answered Jennifer.
            "Names?" asked Reyes.
            "Konstantin Resovsky and Julia Resovsky" answered Jennifer.
            "Computer, run a check of KCA records, names are Resovsky, Konstantin and Julia" requested Reyes.
            "Results found, both deceased. Location- Praga Death Camp" answered the computer.
            "Jennifer, I'm sorry" said Reyes showing Jennifer the report on the monitor, "You have my condolences."
            "Thank you for getting me some closure" answered Jennifer as she took in the news.

"Don't let it beat you down, make your parents proud" advised Reyes,
            "You are a survivor and that means you never give up. Embrace that as a strength and never let the negatives bring you down.
            You're among friends here so you are safe here, you no longer have to live in fear. If it makes you feel better, the people who carried out these atrocities paid for their crimes. It won't bring your parents and those taken from your town back but it means no more people will be hurt by the people who destroyed your town, family and community."
            "They paid alright, we led the liberation of Warsaw and spared not one KCA soldier and Collaborator. Never upset the Poles" answered Jennifer.
            "Indeed, use your Polish heritage as a strength" replied Reyes,
            "Be like the Polish Eagle, proud and strong."

"I will, I can see why Marek trusts you as a friend. You make sure your staff and troops are well looked after and you punish the wicked" answered Jennifer.
            "There's a reason my enemies call me El Diablo, I am the Devil to them" replied Reyes.
            "Yet you know when to show mercy" answered Jennifer.
            "Of course, I only go after the guilty ones. To some, there is only one language, violence. It's the only thing that they can understand" replied Reyes.
            "When used properly with just cause, it's an effective means to an end. There is no denying that" answered Jennifer.
            "Certainly a valid point" replied Reyes as Diana Petrova-Valdez entered the room, "Ms. Barnes, I need you back at work."
            "Ms. Barnes, how are we on the Starfleet deployments?" asked Petrova to Jennifer.
            "Ma'am, this is the current list of available assets" answered Jennifer.
            "Excellent, I need this updated once our Romulan friends have arrived" replied Petrova.
            "Ma'am" answered Jennifer.
            "Ms. Barnes, can you leave me and my husband to some privacy?" asked Petrova.
            "Ma'am" answered Jennifer before leaving the room.
            "Diana, I don't think I'm going to get used to this" said Reyes as he poured a second cup of coffee.
            "You'll settle in, it'll take time" answered Petrova after pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"This sector will take a lot of work to clean up, between the two of us, we can do it but it's going to be a tough job" replied Reyes.
            "Then we face this challenge together" answered Petrova.
            "As a family" replied Reyes as he gave Petrova a kiss.
            "Indeed, we're stronger together" answered Petrova.
            "On duty and off duty" replied Reyes.
            "That means faith in each other" answered Petrova as she embraced Reyes.
            "We're going to need to find a work/home life balance" replied Reyes.
            Petrova just smiled,
            "Let's get started" she answered afterwards as she gave Reyes a kiss.
            "Ms. Barnes, I'll need this afternoon's itinerary" ordered Reyes via combadge.
            "It'll be on your desk by 0930" answered Jennifer.
            "Thank you Ms. Barnes" replied Reyes, "Valdez out."

NMXb2ph.png
              edited November 2019
              Hellius Prime (MU red)

After a long day of meetings and inspections, Lord Reyes Valdez (red) and Lady Diana Petrova-Valdez both were invited to sit round a fire as Barnes and Jennifer Barnes were both were talking about the old days,
              "This planet's forests remind my of my native Poland" said Jennifer.
              "You spent most of your early childhood growing up in the forest, you still remember what I taught you?" asked Barnes.
              "I've never forgotten those lessons, I still practice on my bow" answered Jennifer.
              "Archery, how proficient?" asked Reyes to Jennifer.
              "Extremely, I've been mastering the bow since I was a child living and growing up in the forests of Poland" answered Jennifer.

"We turned those forests and swamps into our domain, kept under cover by day and moved by night" replied Barnes.
              "What was life like in your group?" asked Reyes.
              "Tough, not only were we keeping thousands of people alive, we were also keeping up attacks on the KCA. We were making life difficult for them" answered Barnes.
              "From what I've read, KCA reprisals were savage. A group moving civilians out to safety in the forests, how did you deal with infiltrators?" asked Reyes.

"I led a group of Betazoids, we'd been stationed on Terra by the Cardassians and we wanted out so we deserted and joined up with Marek's group. We came to an understanding after a loyalty test that we would aid the Terrans in keeping the people they were sheltering safe, infiltrators did not get past us" answered Doctor Riazzna Wren as she joined them around the fire and gave Barnes a kiss.

"We got close then after we had to evacuate Terra, we became a couple. We even got married a year before the war ended, we still are to this day but we retain our original family names" replied Barnes.
              "Marek, it's been a good 25 years" answered Doctor Wren.
              "We were young and in our early 20s, been a long journey but we've got through it together" replied Barnes.
              "It's been tough but we've been through tougher" answered Doctor Wren holding Barnes' hand.
              "Raising both Tomas and Jennifer was difficult but we managed it" replied Barnes.
              "That first look of disapproval when she busted us" answered Doctor Wren.
              "Do you both want to give your daughter a reason to go to more therapy?" joked Jennifer.
              It raised smiles,
              "Riazzna, I've not seen you since I graduated high school and went to university" she said afterwards.
              "Is that my Jennifer?" asked Doctor Wren, "Last time I saw her, she was a young woman about to start her first day of university."
              "I've never forgotten, it's good to see you again" answered Jennifer.
              "Still practising with that bow?" asked Doctor Wren.

"I am, even won a few professional competitions" answered Jennifer.
              "I won the Terran Series eight years in a row from 2400-08 and lost my place at the top when I came second in 2409. I've recently won the regional for Poland, that was last year" answered Jennifer.
              "Her passion is archery" said Barnes to Reyes.
              "You must be proud" answered Reyes.
              "Very, thank you for giving her some closure on her parents and putting her mind at ease" replied Barnes.
              "Not a problem, just looking out for her" answered Reyes.

"Marek, I can see why you trust him as a friend. Any friend to Marek is a friend to me" said Jennifer to Barnes.
              "His Polish and Russian could do with some work" joked Barnes.
              "Leave that to me" countered Petrova.
              "I'm not saying a word" joked Reyes as line of smiles went round the fire.
              "Why do we do crazy things to help people?" joked Barnes.
              "Because, we're crazy enough to do it. Real question is, why have you never considered an officer's commission?" countered Reyes.
              "Marek, you did lead a highly successful partisan band back in the day" added Jennifer.
              "Leadership is stressful, I'm just happy being an enlisted man" answered Barnes.
              "I can see the logic there" replied Petrova.
              "Very true" answered Reyes.
              "Indeed" replied Jennifer.

"This is good, all of us just sat here enjoying the stars and talking" commented Reyes.
              "All of us sat around a fire under the stars talking. Reminds me of the old days" said Jennifer.
              "This planet is missing horses" replied Barnes, "we used horses to move around and to launch quick cavalry raids on KCA troops before melting back into the forest."
              "We were never in the same place for too long, we all suffered equally but we knew that we were free so we put up with the discomfort. We earned the Terrans' trust by sharing in their misery and helping them on their raids, the marches were tough but they kept us alive. We learned from the Poles how to survive in those forests" answered Doctor Wren.
              "Good students" replied Barnes.

"We made a difference, that's what matters" answered Doctor Wren.
              "All those people we rescued and freed. A lot joined us as fighters, the rest as camp helpers. We were a community, life was hard but we dealt with it and made do with what we had" replied Barnes.
              "Marek and his group are heroes for what they did, I'm proud to call them family" answered Jennifer.
              "People have not forgotten" replied Barnes.
              "We can go around the towns and villages we helped and people still remember us, they tend to the graves of our fallen and every year, they remember those who fell so they could be free" answered Jennifer.
              "For those who fell paid the ultimate sacrifice, lest we forget" replied Barnes.
              "Lest we forget" chorused everyone as rain clouds began to form overhead, they all then went inside.

Inside the lounge, they all relaxed,
              "Any good war stories?" asked Reyes.
              "A really good one, we'd been tipped off by the locals that a disposal column were being marched up. Terrans and Orions because they could not work, so we decided that we were going to give the KCA some cold steel. So we shadowed the column until we found an ideal ambush spot.

First rule of springing an ambush, close off all routes out. We felled trees to block the road in front and behind as our archers were marking their targets, the KCA found the barricade and ordered the Terrans and Orions to clear it. We also marked out a Terran taskmaster and some of his traitorous friends. As the KCA moved all the slaves ahead, we waited until they were out of the kill zone then we let loose with a hail of arrows.

Next, it seemed like the entire forest was going "Urrah!!!" as dozens of horsemen came flying out of the forest and cutting down the isolated and surrounded KCA troops and Terran traitors. We then dealt with them and grabbed what we needed before walking the liberated Terrans and Orions to a separate location for questioning and eventual integration into the forest community we were protecting. Thankfully we had someone qualified to find infiltrators, the Terran Resistance were of great help to us in training the Betazoids after they had earned their trust" answered Barnes,
              "They flew the most vulnerable out so we came up with an arrangement after we all proved our loyalty, we'd rescue slaves and those being marched to their deaths and get them to safety, the Resistance would fly them out. We got the weapons and supplies we need in return though we often used our preferred choices of the blade and the bow, the modern weapons made a big difference."

"To march into Warsaw at the head of a liberating army was something I will never forget, I was on your horse so I could see all the people. They were cheering and throwing flowers at us, one hell of a birthday, Marek" replied Jennifer.
              "In a way, they were good days. Most actually stayed in the areas we helped, last I checked, they're still there protecting the locals and seemed to have married into some of those families. Others went onto different paths" answered Barnes.
              "Well, part of the family is together here" replied Jennifer.
              "The amount of times I had to patch you up Marek, looking back now, it's funny. Life was hard but we still had a bit of fun, like the time you decided you wanted to try what Marek was drinking" said Doctor Wren.
              "That was not water" answered Jennifer.
              "The face you pulled after you spat it out was priceless" replied Barnes.
              "That was funny" added Doctor Wren.

"Wasn't at the time but it's damn funny now" answered Jennifer.
              "Those were some good times, nice to hear it's now a protected nature reserve and open air museum. It's now a peaceful and beautiful area, for us, it was home" replied Barnes.
              "In a way I miss it" answered Jennifer.
              "Nice in summer, brutal in winter" replied Doctor Wren.
              "Indeed, but it was our domain. A little pocket of Free Terra until we had to evacuate, we brought all the civilians and refugees we sheltered with us along with all our fighters and equipment" answered Barnes.

"Ah yes, well played on evacuating thousands of refugees on one transport out of KCA space and not getting caught. I've heard crazy but this, damn well played" replied Reyes.
              "Well the fact we had guns to the crews heads the whole time and well, no one was foolish enough to try and play hero" answered Doctor Wren.
              "25 years together is a long time, we need to spend more time together as a family" said Barnes to Doctor Wren and Jennifer.
              "We've still not found that work/life balance" said Petrova to Reyes.
              "What about we have weekends to ourselves, no talk of work?" asked Reyes.
              "Deal" answered Petrova giving Reyes a kiss.
              "Marek, you and your family take the weekend off work, spend time together" said Reyes.
              "Thank you sir" answered Barnes.
              "Ms. Barnes, I expect to see you bright and early Monday morning" said Reyes.
              "Sir" answered Jennifer.
              NMXb2ph.png
                edited November 2019
                Occupied Earth, late 24th century (MU red)

Marek Barnes and his group had just escorted another group of refugees to safety from right under the noses of the KCA (Klingon and Cardassian Alliance). When the fighters got back to camp after processing the refugees, they were greeted as heroes by the civilians they were sheltering. News soon arrived that they had company as a ship was spotted landing by an observation team,
                "Get me my horse" ordered Barnes to his most trusted fighter.
                "Marek, you'll need an escort" answered the fighter.
                "Have a dozen foot and half a dozen horsemen made ready" ordered Barnes.
                "Onto it" answered the fighter.
                Barnes and his escort left and soon found the landing site, the crew were then surrounded as fighters dressed in wolf skins and an assortment of Cardassian and Klingon clothing levelled their spears at the crew.
                "Speak fast and be truthful" said one fighter as she looked over the crew.
                "We're not Alliance" answered the ship's captain.
                "Who sent you?" asked the fighter.
                "The resistance, we're offering you aid but we need to speak with your leader" answered the captain.
                "Get Marek" whispered the fighter to another.
                "Keep an eye on them, if they try anything stupid, kill them" answered the other fighter before he went to get Barnes.

Barnes then appeared clad in Klingon armour, sheep skin clothing and wearing a black wolf skin as a cloak. He circled the resistance crew as he looked them over to identify their leader,
                "You are surrounded so don't do anything stupid" said Barnes as he signalled his archers to move from cover.
                "You must be the War Wolf terrorising the Alliance, we've been sent to aid your fight" answered the resistance captain.
                "Screen them, last thing we need is infiltrators" ordered Barnes.
                "Copy that Marek" answered the female fighter before she got down from her horse and revealed she was Betazoid.
                "Can you prove her loyalty?" asked the resistance captain.
                "Once we've confirmed you say who you are, we can discuss the Betazoids but until then a little trust can go a long way on both sides" answered Barnes.
                "They're telling the truth" answered the female fighter.
                "Check them" ordered Barnes.
                "Marek" answered the female fighter,
                "These are not Alliance weapons and equipment, we've never seen these before" she said after searching them.
                "You'll be allowed to live" said Barnes to the Resistance crew,
                "Betray us and we feed you to the wolves."
                Barnes then ordered that camouflage netting be brought up and used to conceal the ship. The order was carried out.
                "Follow us" he ordered afterwards to the Resistance crew.

The resistance crew were marched to the camp as it was a hive of activity, the fighters were providing security while hunting parties returned with animals killed on the hunt,
                "Make sure none of this is wasted" said a Betazoid hunter.
                The resistance crew watched how the group were working with the limited resources to hand, Klingon blades were being melted down and reforged into axes, spear points, swords and arrow heads. Others in the camp were turning the freshly hunted meat into sausages and preserving them, nothing went to waste while others were making clothes, repairing shelters and tending to the horses.

"These people are here because they have no other place to go. They're survivors of reprisal operations, slave labor and some were marked for death. We're protecting these people because it's the right thing to do, that family sat over there were survivors from Lublin, that group sat over there are from Lviv. Both cities were wiped out in Alliance reprisals, we've been helping the refugees as best we can. Those who can fight have joined our military arm, the rest are helping us in camp on support duties and looking after the youngest" said Barnes.
                "The fact that your group has kept these people alive is a feat of survival in itself" answered the Resistance captain as he noticed the youngest being taught survival skills.
                "It's never easy, earlier you questioned the loyalty of my Betazoids" replied Barnes.
                "We need to screen them, we need to know their stance towards the Alliance" answered the resistance captain.
                "How long will they be off duty for? I need my fighters ready to go at a moment's notice" asked Barnes.
                "A few days, they'll recover" answered the resistance captain.
                "I want to be there" answered Barnes.
                "Granted" answered the resistance captain.
                All Betazoids were then screened and once the resistance were satisfied, they were free to go.
                "Sorry about that Riazzna" said Barnes to Riazzna Wren.
                "If it puts their minds at ease, it's worth it" answered Wren.
                "Thank you for understanding, once you and your people have recovered, you'll all be needed" replied Barnes.

"Marek, I'm scared" said Jennifer Barnes.
                "Jennifer, what do we do with fear?" asked Barnes.
                "We never let it control us" answered Jennifer.
                "Good girl" replied Barnes as he picked Jennifer up.
                "Your daughter?" asked the resistance captain.
                "No, her parents along with most of her town were taken by the Alliance. We don't know their fates so I've taken on the mantle of caring for her, I'm raising her like a daughter" answered Barnes, "she's the sole survivor of her entire family."
                "Marek is like my papa" added Jennifer.
                "You understand what we have to protect, innocent people. The Alliance wipe out whole communities and families, we hear that same story from the survivors of reprisals we rescue. We need the Alliance gone so we can rebuild and mourn our losses, every life we can save means one less life taken" said Barnes to the resistance captain as a message came in via pigeon,
                "The Alliance just wiped out Pinsk and Vilnius in reprisal, no survivors."

"Marek, we've caught a collaborator" said a fighter.
                "Have they been questioned?" asked Barnes.
                "Under much persuasion, they've been very truthful to the interrogator" answered the fighter.
                "We have Orions with us as well, we use them as interrogators" said Barnes to the resistance captain,
                "Strip them of everything useful then ready the wolf pack" he ordered to the fighter afterwards.
                "Marek" answered the fighter as the wolves were put into dog teams and a group of hunters led them out.
                "Care to observe?" asked Barnes to the resistance.
                "We would" answered the resistance captain.
                "Come on" replied Barnes as the wolves, the resistance observers and hunters left the camp.

When they found the collaborator, he was begging for his life, Barnes calmly trotted up to him and told him to run after the wolves got his scent.
                The collaborator ran and after a 20 minute head start, the wolves and hunters were unleashed. He did not get far before he was dragged down by the wolves and his screams echoed through the forest. The wolves and hunters then returned,
                "Problem disposed of" answered the hunt leader.
                "Return to camp, put the non-combatants onto the carts and break camp, we're moving" ordered Barnes.
                Everyone returned to camp and over the space of an hour, the camp was gone as the group made their evacuation to a more defensible site. As the group and the civilians made their through the swamps and forests, spirits were high as they moved deeper into the forest as the resistance observers with them noted the fact that the group and the civilians were singing old partisan songs from the 20th century.

Once at their new camp, the wooden buildings and camp were rebuilt and fighters posted to provide security. The resistance joined them after landing their ship in a concealed clearing and camouflaging their ship,
                "Everyone accounted for" said a female fighter to Barnes.
                "Keep an eye on the Betazoids, let me know when they are ready for duty" answered Barnes.
                "Marek" answered the fighter.
                "Increase watch around the perimeter, take some dog teams with you" ordered Barnes to another fighter.
                "Marek" answered the fighter.
                "I better break the bad news" said Barnes to the observers before he got up and got the camp's attention,
                "This afternoon, Pinsk and Vilnius were wiped out with no survivors. The Alliance have claimed that it was in response to to an attack by terrorists in North America, they have said that for every act of open defiance, another city will be wiped out.

Means we've got to think about our options, to lessen the risk of further reprisal, all offensive operations are to be halted. Our goal is now protecting civilians, any community in the path of Alliance troops are to be evacuated and nothing left behind. If it cannot be moved, burn it. Getting civilians out is the priority so we'll need intelligence on Alliance movements, which leads me onto the second part.

We'll be hunting collaborators when we get the opportunity so we'll need local cooperation, they know who the collaborators are. Same drill as before, evacuation of population to prevent them being caught up in Alliance reprisals, all refugees and evacuees are to be screened to prevent any infiltrators.
                We all clear on that?" he asked.
                "Marek" chorused the camp.

Barnes then laid out his long term goal,
                "The Alliance think that we are broken, we are not. We have vengeance on our side, our people are slaughtered by the family by those Alliance cowards, those enslaved, every life that the Alliance have taken from us will be avenged one day, same for every outrage.

We need to form a professionally led army, a Terran army of liberation under a Terran flag. We are not ready yet to liberate our people but one day when the time is right, we'll strike with a fury the Alliance have never seen.
                We need to reequip and train in the use of new weapons and tactics, we're no longer alone in our fight. We're one of many rebel groups all wanting the same thing, the end of the Alliance and the liberation of our worlds.

The Terran Rebellion has taken the Alliance Starbase of Terok Nor and defended it showing the Alliance is not invincible, they can be defeated. We're part of a much wider war, a war that can topple the Alliance and restore the Terran Empire.
                We are not mere subjects of a harsh and brutal Alliance, we're Terrans, there's Orions, Vulcans and even Betazoids here all united in one thing, hatred of the Alliance.

We'll play the long game, the Klingons have a saying,
                "Revenge is a dish best served cold", the Alliance will learn that lesson the hard way when everything comes crashing down due to them being the architect of their own destruction with their brutality. There will no mercy when the Wolves come for them and their traitorous friends."

NMXb2ph.png
                  edited November 2019
                  Eastern Poland/Western Belarus, Occupied Earth, Late 24th Century (MU)

The Alliance had began a major offensive into the forests, the Wolves had been watching the situation closely and taken the precautions of evacuation to a new more secure base. A plan was devised to buy as much time for the evacuation as all the local rebel bands combined their forces to protect the refugees,

"We have a problem, we have thousands of civilians to move and an Alliance army on the way. We cannot afford to fight them in open battle" said Marek Barnes.
                  "12-1300 seems like long odds" answered the leader of the Carpathian Jagers.
                  "With the increased risk in reprisals, we have to be subtle" answered Riazzna Wren.
                  "We have an advantage, we have people who know Alliance tactics. They've been very helpful" said Barnes.
                  "Can we trust them?" asked the leader of the Masurian Fighters.
                  "They've been very thoroughly screened, their senses will be essential for what we have in mind" answered Barnes.
                  "Tracking our prey" replied the leader of the Carpathian Jagers.
                  "Let's see how the Alliance like it, Riazzna, brief us on standard Alliance tactics" asked Barnes.

"They'll march in column, the most elite troops in the middle of the formation. Their armies mainly consist of Bajorans and Nausicaans led by Cardassian and Klingon officers, native collaborators being their skirmish lines.
                  When met by the enemy, they'll form up into an echelon with Klingon led units on the flanks with Cardassian led units in the centre and the collaborators acting as a screen. They'll pin us with their centre while flanking around to encircle" said Wren.

"Which means we have to make sure they cannot form up, they form up into battle order and we are dead or worst" answered Barnes.
                  "We use nature" suggested the leader of the Mansurian Fighters.
                  "Terrain that turns their numbers against them and makes it impossible to form up" added the leader of the Carpathian Jagers.

"We need to pull them here" said the leader of the Masurian Fighters pointing to a swampy clearing on the map.
                  "Get them mired in the mud and we slowly work the column over, I suggest placing our units along this rise. We can use the trees and natural dead ground to our advantage, we know these swamps better than the Alliance do" added the Leader of the Carpathians Jagers.

"But we need to do it in a way that they cannot call for help, ideally make it look like the swamp claimed them" replied Barnes.
                  "We need to be subtle about it to lessen the risk of reprisals, We need to knock out their communications before we spring our trap" replied Wren.
                  "We may have something which can help on that, communication jamming equipment" answered a Resistance adviser.
                  "How many?, we're going to need quite a few of them to shut down the Alliance communications. We want our prey helpless and trapped" asked Barnes.
                  "How big do you intend to make your kill zone?" asked the Resistance adviser.
                  "This clearing here, only one known track across to the Alliance which means they cannot form into battle order. One jammer every km for 5 km, that should deal with the communications" answered the leader of the Jagers.
                  "We need to bait them into the trap" replied the Resistance adviser.

"I've got that covered, got people on the inside who can cover that, I just need to activate them since they will be the Alliance's "Guides". We made arrangements to make sure their families are part of the evacuation so they'll know the signal when to go" answered Barnes.

"You know this will make things very difficult for collaborators, even sow the seeds of mistrust" replied Wren.
                  "We set the rot from within and let it spread" answered the leader of the Mansurian Fighters.
                  "Since we're looking at up to 1200 troops including collaborators, a 5 km kill zone is more than ideal. We've got civilians to protect so we cannot fail.
                  Let's get the fighters ready, Riazzna, I need you to make sure the civilians get to safety" said Barnes.
                  "Marek" answered Wren.

The commanders now went and issued orders to the most elite fighters chosen to carry out the ambush as the rest of the fighters would provide escort for the civilians.
                  The evacuation began that morning as the ambush teams moved to their positions, Barnes now activated his ace and a Terran police officer offered to show the Alliance through a safe section of swamp after being given the covert signal from Barnes.

The Klingon in charge agreed and the Alliance force marched onto the path prepared by the rebels.
                  The Resistance observers were watching as the jammers were activated, all held their fire as they carefully stalked their prey into the kill zone.
                  The Terran policemen with them soon claimed to be going on patrol ahead of the column as the Alliance troops and Terran collaborators marched into the clearing prepared for them, the policemen did not return as the mud began to turn the Alliance march into a slog as the swamp began to make movement near impossible.

"That dishonorable PetaQ" cursed Colonel Klarg as he found that his armour was causing him to slow down.
                  "Wait" ordered Barnes and the other group leaders as the Resistance advisers watched as archers began to ready their bows. Other fighters readied their disruptors as they waited for the Alliance to get even more bogged down.
                  "We're being watched" said a Terran.
                  "The Daemons will come for us" said another nervously.
                  "They'll come to claim our souls" replied another as Klarg dismissed their concerns as mere superstition.
                  "Communications?" he asked afterwards.

"We cannot get anything out, we're on our own" answered a Bajoran officer.
                  The calm was then broken as the forest erupted with a "Urrah!!!!" and the first volleys of arrows landing among the Alliance troops.
                  The officers and NCOs were the first to be killed as the rest of the Alliance soldiers and Terran collaborators now came under disruptor fire from concealed positions behind them.

Caught in the swamp and now surrounded, the Alliance forces were slowly picked apart as wolf packs of rebels maintained rolling ambushes as volleys of missile and disruptor fire tore through the trapped Alliance troops.
                  After an hour, it was over as over as 1200 Alliance troops lay dead in the swamp, 40 Bajorans were captured along with 18 Klingons. Not one Terran collaborator made it out alive.

Less than 200 rebels had destroyed an entire Alliance army as they now cleared the battlefield of the dead, they were stripped of everything useful and incinerated.

For the prisoners, their fate was not a kind one. They were all put on trial and sentenced to execution,
                  The Bajorans were burned alive while the Klingons were executed by their own blades, their spirits sent straight to what their respective TRIBBLE were like before they were incinerated.
                  All jammers were then cleared and the rebels joined up with the civilian convoy after each group parted ways with a promise of one day when the time comes, they'll join the Wolves and help liberate their people.

At the new base, the civilians settled in as the resistance inspected the mine they had found,
                  "Is the entrance operable?" asked the adviser.
                  "We've blocked it up, one of your people managed to get this place back online. Sensor jamming fields are up.
                  Life support is up and running so we need to make this place defensible and inhabitable" reported Wren.

"Everyone make it?" asked Barnes.
                  "Accounted for, status of Alliance force?" asked Wren.
                  "Destroyed, we've brought back what we could carry, the rest has been destroyed" answered Barnes.
                  "One hell of a fight by the sounds of it" replied Wren.
                  "It was, where's my Jennifer?" asked Barnes.
                  "Marek!!" said Jennifer Barnes after she ran up and he picked her up.
                  "You behaved?" asked Barnes.
                  "I have, you hurt?" she countered with.

"I'm fine, we all are" answered Barnes as a dozen Terrans in vandalised police uniforms swore their loyalty to Barnes, they were screened and after they passed scrutiny, they were welcomed,
                  "Did you get our families out?" asked one former policeman.
                  "We did, ladies and gentlemen. They're all safe, nice work earlier playing the Alliance like a fiddle" answered Barnes.
                  "Nice work back there, I never thought I'd see the day an entire Alliance army was wiped out so completely. We can win this war, we have proved it" replied the former policemen.

"We can, the important thing is, we've got civilians to safety" answered Barnes.
                  "Marek and his friends are brave" said Jennifer.
                  "That we are for the right reasons" replied Barnes.
                  "You know this has an added benefit to us, Alliance troops being led into a death trap by Terrans who they trusted. Well played" answered the Resistance advisor.
                  "We know what the response will be, so we redirect that reprisal on the collaborators" suggested Wren.

"Let them do our dirty work for us, saves us a job at end of the day. Good thing we evacuated all the civilians of this district, we left the collaborators but rescued their families who are being screened. Rather than execute them, we turn them since they may have not had a choice" replied Barnes,
                  "Well, we got our people here safe. How many people are with us?" he asked.

"At least several thousand, all screening precaution have been observed" answered Wren.
                  "Nice work" replied Barnes.
                  "Well, we have the space here and the security. Marek, you thought about a second in command?" asked Wren.
                  "I have, I need someone who I can trust and someone who is respected by all" answered Barnes,
                  "I know just the candidate. Riazzna, you kept the people calm and the escort on point. End of the day, I do not care you are Betazoid since you've proven yourself as a leader in your own right and a loyal officer. I'm asking you to be my second in command."

"Marek, I accept" replied Wren.
                  "I'm putting you in charge of the civilian arm. To show that every race in this community has a voice, they can choose a leader from their respective race to speak for them on the council. I'm beginning the reform of the military arm, I'm creating a military and civilian council as to put in place professional leadership on both fronts.
                  All leaders are picked on merit" answered Barnes.
                  "We may be down here for years, let's make the best of it" replied Wren.
                  NMXb2ph.png
                    edited November 2019
                    Betazed (MU Yellow), 2414

Empress Heath was reading through some records when Captain Trianna Valdez-Brookfield, Sgt. Marek Barnes and One of Six were shown in,
                    "Captain, you look like you want to shoot someone" said Heath.
                    "Don't tempt me, I've just been having to argue with Starfleet. I asked for replacement parts and extra engineering and repair crews two weeks ago, Starfleet in their infinite wisdom have reallocated them elsewhere. I think I may have to start looking elsewhere for repair crews and spare parts because Starfleet is as about useful as a chocolate fire guard" answered Trianna.
                    One looked puzzled,
                    "It's a figure of speech" said Trianna.
                    "Have you thought of employing skilled civilian engineers?" asked Heath.
                    "Fair point" answered Trianna, "One, can you check where personnel will be needed to be allocated?" she asked to One afterwards.

"For maximum efficiency, try this" answered One as she put the data onto two PADDs and passed one to Trianna and one to Heath.
                    "Has safety been taken into account?" asked Heath.
                    "It has, the variables are in the data" answered One.
                    "Very efficient" commented Trianna.
                    "With maximum safe productivity as well. One, just remember they are not drones" said Heath.
                    "I can make them more efficient. Take in rest, free time and regeneration cycles needed as variables, it is the most efficient solution" answered One.
                    "Can you have that on my desk tomorrow morning?" asked Trianna.
                    "I can" answered One.
                    "Your engineers will be needed to train them" said Heath.
                    "I can see about my engineers training up skilled civilian engineers, I can begin recruitment by end of the day" answered Trianna.

"Excellent" replied Heath, "Sgt. Barnes, why are you not an officer?" she asked Barnes afterwards.
                    "I've been in a position of leadership, it was too stressful so I prefer to remain enlisted" answered Barnes.
                    "You led a Rebel Cell on Terran during the Occupation, from what I've gathered from KCA records, you were among the most feared" replied Heath.
                    "I would send KCA troops to their respective hell, those captured were not treated so kindly. The Alliance wiped out whole families on Terra, millions murdered so we'd make sure their troops suffered the worst afterlife.
                    Klingons, we executed with their own blades and Bajorans we would burn alive, their spirits and pahs enjoying no rest.

My daughter Jennifer is the only survivor of her family because of the KCA, Bajoran troops being death squads wiping out everything sparing no one, we kept several thousand civilians safe for years and fought to protect them and survive until liberation.
                    Forgive my anger to you, I don't like Bajorans in general. Nothing personal" answered Barnes.

"It was a cruel and brutal war on both sides, a scar that may never heal to those who fought that war" replied Heath.
                    "They showed no mercy, we showed no mercy. That's one way of looking at it. Most of us still live in that region to protect the locals even though the war is long over" answered Barnes.
                    "I keep hearing the stories being told about the Wolves of Pripyat and their exploits, like making 1200 KCA troops vanish" replied Heath.
                    "That was a good fight, it's nice that the story is being taught here on Betazed. I had Betazoids in my group, after they were screened, I learned to trust them and they stayed loyal. I may have to catch up with a few old friends" answered Barnes,
                    "We got some Terran "Collaborators" to act as "guides" to lead a 1200 strong KCA force into a deathtrap before they deserted and joined our force of 200 fighters from three groups. We lured the KCA to a place where they could not move, they found it impossible to form up into battle order. They were worn down by wolf packs of fighters in rolling mobile ambushes to complete destruction. I was leading my fighters in person and we only took 58 prisoners, 40 Bajorans and 18 Klingons that day. It was over in less than an hour."

"Their fates must not have been kind" said Trianna.
                    "We had them interrogated, put on trial then executed in the ways they feared most. They'd have done the same or worse to us" answered Barnes,
                    "We had to cover the evacuation of civilians and refugees out of the path of that army, but it was the first KCA army to be so totally destroyed on Terra by the rebels. We proved we could meet the KCA on the battlefield and defeat them, end of the day though, we achieved our mission of getting the civilians and refugees to safety."
                    "Interesting tactics, Sgt., I've got an offer for you, since you have a background as a woodland fighter, I'd like you to head up the Imperial Woodland Warfare School. Your expertise in woodland fighting makes you an ideal choice of lead instructor" replied Heath after she read the Resistance report of the battle,
                    "Just learn to govern your feeling around Bajorans, that war is long over" she said afterwards.
                    "I'll do my best, Ma'am, I don't know what to say" answered Barnes in a stunned manner.
                    "Marek, you've earned it" replied Trianna, "It's going to be sad losing you" she said afterwards.
                    "Ma'am, I'll accept, maybe it's time to teach what I had to learn through experience to younger generations" said Barnes to Heath.

"Congratulations, Colour Sgt. Barnes" answered Heath promoting Barnes as Jennifer Barnes (yellow) was shown in,
                    "Ms. Barnes, how was the flight over?" asked Heath.
                    "Long" answered Jennifer.
                    "Ms. Barnes, meet Captain Brookfield" replied Heath,
                    "Captain, meet your new political aide. Ms. Barnes here will be advising you on political matters, I suggest you read her thesis on improvement of military and civilian cooperation" she said afterwards.
                    "I already have an aide" answered Trianna.
                    "I'm your operations aide, different designation and task" replied One.
                    "Captain Brookfield, pleased to meet you. I look forward to working with you" said Jennifer.
                    "Ms. Barnes, just do your best and be honest and we'll get along fine" replied Trianna.
                    "Captain, I will keep you on your toes" answered Jennifer.
                    "Excellent" replied Trianna.

"Marek, how are you doing?" asked Jennifer.
                    "Jennifer, you are looking well" replied Barnes.
                    "Marek, thank you for making sure I grew up free and for saving me" answered Jennifer.
                    "Raising you kept me on track, I'm proud to call you a daughter" replied Barnes.
                    "I'm proud to call you Dad finally after all these years, I found out about my parents on the way here" answered Jennifer.
                    "Bad news?" asked Barnes.
                    "They were killed in a KCA death camp along with most of my town" replied Jennifer.
                    "Sorry to hear that, remember what I taught you?" asked Barnes.
                    "Stay strong even in times of hardship and suffering" answered Jennifer.
                    "Good girl, you still remember" replied Barnes,
                    "I'm residing here on Betazed so if you need a place to stay when on leave, you can have the spare room."
                    "Thank you Marek, it'll be nice to be a family" answered Jennifer.
                    "You're welcome" replied Barnes.

"Marek, I'll keep her safe" answered Trianna.
                    "Thanks Red" replied Barnes.
                    "I'll allow that" answered Trianna.
                    "Jennifer, you need a hand with your bags?" asked Barnes.
                    "Please, I'll carry my bow to be on the safe side" answered Jennifer.
                    "Amateur or professional?" asked Heath.
                    "Professional, multiple time champion at a regional and Imperial level" answered Jennifer.
                    "Congratulations" replied Heath.
                    "Thank you ma'am" answered Jennifer,
                    "Learnt it as a necessity as a little girl, ended up taking it up as a professional athlete after the war" she said afterwards.
                    "Ma'am, I raised her and taught her how to survive from the age of 4. I'm proud of her, I'm proud she's overcome the occupation and made a success of herself" added Barnes.

"Well make sure you both spend time together as a family when you can" replied Heath.
                    "We intend to" answered Barnes smiling.
                    "You know there may be a way to heal the wound of the occupation" suggested Jennifer.
                    "I'm not sure about that" answered Barnes.
                    "Empress, would it be possible if Bajor were to issue a public apology from the Kai to Terra, also for some form of reparation be paid by handing over the Bajorans who committed War Crimes when they were part of the KCA?" asked Jennifer.
                    "Same for the Klingons and Cardassians as well, hand over the war criminals as reparations for the occupation" said Barnes.

"Revenge won't bring those people back, the best thing you can do is let them rest. I have seen what revenge can do, I've even enacted vengeance on those who wronged me. You get into that dark place and you cannot leave, not until you've destroyed that target.

Revenge destroyed my father, he never forgave the Cardassians and he wiped their homeworld out, he then nearly destroyed the Klingons as a people and let's not forget the mass indiscriminate slaughter of Bajoran troops on Betazed who were trying to surrender when the war ended.

He not only had them killed, he hunted down their families and had them killed as well. He let his rage towards the KCA blind him to such a point that any race he thought as a threat due to his paranoia, he wiped out wholesale.
                    He killed billions due to his rage and constant quest for vengeance, it destroyed him. Captain Ahab could not finish hunting his whale and look what happened. My father became Ahab and he paid the price, I've very nearly become Ahab.
                    It's self destructive, trust me, I've been there and it's not pretty for both sides" advised Trianna.

"Marek, listen to what she has to say. Let them rest knowing that they are free of mortal fears" added Jennifer.
                    "They both have a point, sometimes, you've got to let it go" advised Heath.
                    "Let it go for me, Riazzna and Tomas" said Jennifer to Barnes, "Don't be Ahab."
                    "Revenge is not worth the personal cost, an eye for an eye makes the world a blind place" answered Barnes.

NMXb2ph.png
                      edited November 2019
                      Betazed, 2414 (MU Yellow)

"Barnes, tell me a bit more about the winter ambush and your exodus" requested Heath.
                      "Ma'am" answered Marek Barnes.
                      ...........................................................................................................................................
                      Eastern Poland/Western Belarus, Occupied Earth, Late 24th Century (MU)

Winter had descended on the forests as the Wolves remained underground, on the surface, the KCA (Klingon and Cardassian Alliance) had noticed a lack of raids and ambushes so resumed troop sweeps into the forest.
                      Marek Barnes was monitoring the situation as the Alliance troops struggled through the snow and howling icy blasts of wind. The KCA troops soon were struggling as exhaustion and exposure began to take their toll on the bodies and minds of the KCA soldiers.

"Why are there no civilians?" asked Gul Legar to a Bajoran officer.
                      "All we've found is burnt out towns, villages and farms. It's like they've deliberately burned everything to deny it to us. No civilians but we found some Terrans alive, they'd been nailed to crosses.

From what they've told us before they expired from exposure, they could not identify who or what their attackers were. They called them Daemons, only thing they said before they died. These forests are haunted by Pah Wraith" answered the Bajoran officer.
                      "These are no daemon or Pah Wraith, they are mortal just like us. If they are mortal, they can be killed" replied Gul Legar as one of the soldiers was suddenly grabbed in the middle of the night.

"They're most likely watching us" answered the Bajoran officer as another wolf pack grabbed another soldier unseen, the air now rang out with wolf howls keeping the KCA awake all night as more soldiers were grabbed by wolf packs of rebels.
                      When the KCA woke up the next morning, they noticed that six soldiers were missing.

They then heard the screams of the abducted soldiers as they were being tortured in the forest.
                      The six Bajoran soldiers were now marched to a hill where their friends and fellow soldiers could helplessly watch as they were burned alive.

"Like I said earlier, this forest is haunted by Pah Wraith" said the Bajoran officer as soldiers began to get nervous.
                      The next night was even more miserable as a blizzard came in, the rebels used the blizzard as cover to abduct more KCA soldiers unseen.
                      The next morning, the KCA were awoken to the sounds of more screams coming out of the forest.

In the space of two nights, Gul Legar had lost 12 soldiers as the KCA column struggled even further through the snow. The rebels now switched tactics as KCA troops were now going down wounded, Gul Legar and his officers now tried to fight their way out as more soldiers were going down wounded.
                      Gul Legar and the survivors of his forces were now surrounded as more solders went down wounded. With the enlisted either dead or wounded, the rebels now targeted Gul Legar and his officers as the night attacks resumed.

The KCA survivors caught in hostile terrain, hostile weather and in a hostile trap now tried to break out but found they were simply too exhausted by the cold, deep snow, night attacks and wind chill, when the end came, it was not quick as the rebels using the weather and terrain now launched their final attacks as fighters got in among the KCA formation and gave them cold steel by sword, axe and spear.

Gul Legar and his officers fought back as best they could but the rebels were chopping down KCA officers before running back into the forest.
                      The now wounded KCA survivors now tried to break out of the trap and the rebels let them go after disarming them and stripping them of their weapons.

The defeated KCA survivors trudged through the forest but soon they were attacked by packs of wolves attracted by the smell of blood. The screams could be heard all night as soldiers were dragged down by wolves and killed, they were the lucky ones for those wounded who were not taken by wolves collapsed and when the bodies were found, all appeared to be victims of animal attacks and exposure. Not one KCA soldier escaped the forest as the rebels returned to base.

Back at base, Barnes now realised that for them to continue the war, they would have to leave Earth so a rescue plan was hatched. Operatives tracked Terran captains and what ships they were using, using the winter as cover, the largest transport ship would be shipjacked for their evacuation.

A colonial transport were chosen and soon, the captain and crew were rounded up and told to pilot their ship. With the transport crews subdued, the rebels now began their evacuation as refugees and civilians were beamed up before the equipment and fighters. Demolition charges were then beamed down to destroy the base as Barnes made sure everyone was accounted for.

Barnes now told the Terran captain,
                      "Act normally" as he put a phaser to the captain's head.
                      The ship passed the first checkpoint and soon broke Earth orbit, the second checkpoint was passed and soon the ship left Sol.

"Take us out of KCA space, don't be a hero" ordered Barnes as he put the phaser right to the captain's temple.
                      Soon, Barnes and his fighters had no need for the captain and crew so detained them in the same slave pens they had put others.
                      For six long days, it was tense but as the ship crossed over the KCA border, there was a cheer from the fighters and refugees.

They now had to find a planet away from the KCA and well suited for hiding an army in training.
                      "Marek, this world here. Barradas III" said Riazzna Wren.
                      "You sure?" asked Marek looking over the scans of the surface.
                      "This is the most ideal for supporting life" replied Wren as the Resistance observer picked out a good spot,
                      "I suggest here, you want to be underground to avoid orbital detection and there is an abandoned Imperial base which is underground and suits your needs for secrecy fine" he said.

Get this ship landed, bring back the helmsman" ordered Barnes.
                      The helmsman were brought and told to land the ship at gunpoint, once the crew had outlived their usefulness, they were quickly disposed of as Barnes led the fighters and civilians into the abandoned Imperial base.

Once all entrances were checked and secured, defences were brought back online as power was restored to the base. The colonial transport was now taken apart for housing units and building materials as space was cleared for the Resistance ship to land after she had undocked from the colonial transport.
                      Later that evening, Marek was treated as a hero and liberator by the refugees from Earth, the liberated slaves and Betazoids.

Back on Earth, the KCA closed in on the old base and as soon as they entered the command centre, it exploded burying the KCA troops alive under hundreds of metres of rock and soil, when KCA Command finally realised their prey had eluded them and escaped Earth, all commanders in charge of anti-partisan operations in eastern Europe were summoned for "debriefing", they were soon found guilty of failure to carry out orders and were executed for their failures.
                      ........................................................................

"Grand Theft Starship" joked Captain Trianna Valdez-Brookfield.
                      "Had to be done, it got me, my officers, my fighters, equipment, the refugees and liberated slaves out. Leaving Earth was painful but it had to be done, my people could now live in freedom away from the KCA and feel safe.

We could also take the fight to the KCA without risk of reprisal on Earth, evacuating when we did saved our war effort" answered Barnes.
                      "I still cannot believe you and Riazzna got married, still married to this day" said Jennifer.
                      "Aye, you've always seen her as a mother" replied Barnes.
                      "She helped me through my worst moments, she taught me mental discipline" answered Jennifer.
                      "Well, you did not approve at first but as time went on, you accepted her. Hard to believe me and Riazzna been married for 25 years" replied Barnes.
                      "You looking forward to spending time with her more now you are here on Betazed full time?" asked Jennifer.
                      "25th Wedding Anniversary soon, be nice to see Riazzna and Tomas as well, been apart from them for too long" answered Barnes.
                      "I spoke to Riazzna on the way over, she's happy that the family is getting together" replied Jennifer.
                      "Well then, let's make it a good one. I'll be telling her the good news of my promotion" answered Barnes.
                      "Barnes, Jennifer, you both have the weekend off" said Heath.
                      "Thank you ma'am" answered Barnes.
                      "Let's not keep Riazzna waiting" joked Jennifer.
                      "Enjoy" said Heath smiling.
                      "Ms. Barnes, I expect to see you at work bright and early Monday morning" said Trianna.

With that, Heath dismissed everyone and carried on reading the war logs of the Resistance to the KCA.
                      NMXb2ph.png
                        edited November 2019
                        Betazed (MU Yellow), 2414

The Barnes family were at home enjoying their weekend off work.
                        "Mother, Dad, what's this I've heard about playing a game of Fleet Grand Theft Starship at the KCA's (Klingon-Cardassian Alliance) expense?" asked Tomas Wren (yellow)
                        Jennifer Barnes (yellow) just burst out laughing,
                        "Little brother, that was a funny one, Marek, what did you do?, because I remember watching a Bird of Prey land and you and your teams returning home" asked Jenifer.
                        "I'll tell you both" answered Marek Barnes (yellow).
                        .................................................................................................................
                        Barradas III, Late 24th Century (MU)

Marek Barnes was looking over the census results taken after taking over the old Imperial base on Barradas III,
                        "What's the population?" asked Barnes.
                        "7,500" answered Riazzna Wren.
                        "Out of that total, how, many are of military age?" asked Barnes.
                        "5,000" answered Wren.
                        "Sub-divide those with no family ties and dependencies" asked Barnes.
                        "3,000" answered Wren.
                        "20 companies of Light Infantry with support, excellent" replied Barnes.
                        "Add that to our current strength of 100 fighters, that gives us a small army to work with" answered Wren.
                        "Indeed, have the fighters start organising volunteers into light companies" replied Barnes.

"No conscription?" asked Wren.
                        "Volunteers have better motivation, they want to be there. A conscript is not as efficient as a volunteer" answered Barnes.
                        "I'll have a recruitment campaign set up on the civilian front" replied Wren.
                        "What are we like on supplies?" asked Barnes.
                        "We've managed to get the replicator online as well as the resequencers, I've ordered that pregnant women, the sick, the wounded and the youngest get double food given they need it more" answered Wren.
                        "Excellent, look after the most vulnerable. What's food like with the rest?" asked Barnes.
                        "At optimum nutritional and calories" answered Wren.
                        "Excellent, medical supplies?" asked Barnes.
                        "We're building up on those stocks, what we have is being used wisely" answered Wren.
                        "Leave nothing to waste" replied Barnes.
                        "Indeed" answered Wren.

"We need ships" said Barnes.
                        "We could steal some off the Alliance" suggested Wren.
                        "I don't think they're going to just let us walk in and steal a fleet" replied Barnes.
                        "You're thinking of something insane" answered Wren.
                        "They say all warfare is based on deception, so we deceive the Alliance" replied Barnes.
                        "Can it be as crazy as shipjacking a transport and getting everyone here?" asked Wren.
                        "We need some Alliance uniforms, we pose as collaborators to board the vessels and under scrutiny from our Betazoid "officers", we act as a repair crew. Once we've taken control of the ships, we fly them out right under the noses of the Alliance" answered Barnes.
                        "This is a one shot trick, if we pull off this heist, the Alliance will be humiliated" replied Wren.

"I would not want to be that overseer" joked Barnes.
                        "Poor soul" added Wren.
                        "Let's get this heist done" said Barnes.

After getting hold of Alliance uniforms, Barnes and his strike teams departed in small freighters for the Alliance shipyard in the Majewski system.
                        After getting aboard the ships using false records and being hit with the rifle butt by their Betazoid "officers", the strike teams got to their positions before they disposed of the skeletons crews aboard.
                        "Let's go" ordered Barnes to the rest of the strike leaders as the Betazoids assumed command of the stolen fleet.
                        The fleet left Majewski making it look like a fleet shakedown cruise, once clear of Majewski, the subspace transceivers were disabled and a surprise left in the Alliance computer systems.
                        As the fleet was leaving, the logs were wiped.
                        The stolen fleet now made all haste for Alliance borders and crossed it before taking the long and indirect route to Barradas.

When the Alliance came to collect their ships from Majewski, their ships were nowhere to be seen and the logs wiped.
                        "Where's my fleet?" asked General Clar
                        "Someone stole the ships" answered the Alliance overseer.
                        "Then why is this not in your logs?" asked Clar.
                        "They erased the logs" answered the overseer as he was intimidated by the Klingon General.
                        "Or you dishonourably gave them those ships, those ships are now mostly likely in the hands of the enemy. You have failed the Alliance, your treachery will be known" replied Clar.
                        "I'm innocent, the ships were stolen" answered the overseer.
                        "Are you calling me a liar?" asked Clar,
                        "Because the evidence is clear you gave the rebels those ships and erased the logs."
                        "The ships were stolen, I swear" pleaded the overseer.
                        Clar was having none of it and soon had the overseer fed to his targs.

Barnes retained a Bird of Prey for himself and made sure that the Resistance got the rest of the ships stolen from Majewski after transferring them over, the strikes teams returning to Barradas.
                        Back on Barradas III a week later, the Bird of Prey landed along with the freighters and were quickly brought into the underground hanger as the strike teams ditched the Alliance uniforms.
                        "We need a name for this ship" said Barnes as the codes were changed aboard.
                        "The Wolf" answered Wren after she greeted Barnes with a kiss.
                        "The Wolf it is" replied Barnes smiling as he showed Jennifer Barnes the Bird of Prey.
                        "Will it hurt the Alliance?" asked Jennifer.
                        "It will" answered Barnes laughing.
                        Jennifer found it funny,
                        "Marek, Jennifer, let's get some dinner" said Wren,
                        "You can admire your new ship in the morning" she said giving Barnes another kiss.
                        ...................................................................................................................

"You and Mother were crazy back in the day" said Tomas.
                        "They kept our community alive and even led one of the most critical operations of the war" replied Jennifer.
                        "Still cannot believe the Alliance fell for that trick, framing an Overseer, that was priceless" said Barnes laughing.
                        "What happened to that Overseer?" asked Jennifer.
                        "General Clar thought he was betraying the Alliance when in fact he was loyal to the Alliance, from what the Alliance records say, Clar had that Overseer fed to his Targs" answered Barnes.
                        "You mean you deceived the Alliance, stole a fleet and got one of their most able Overseers executed?" asked Tomas.
                        "Indeed, that system lost a very skilled administrator, a win for us on top of the stolen ships" answered Barnes.
                        "Klingons are so easy to provoke into making rash actions" joked Riazzna Wren (yellow).
                        "Like executing a loyal and skilled Overseer over falsified treason, Klingons are so easy to wind up" countered Barnes.

NMXb2ph.png