test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

THE PET TAB LOVE THREAD - WISH FOR THE HOLIDAYS >>> IS A PET TAB

starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
Numerous times this has been asked...year after year. Other improvements launched come at times with the phrase "Players asked for it". Yet, this keeps being ignored.
Through the years I have seen great support for this and this particluar thread is focussed mostly for those of us who "support" this improvement.

Our poor pets and those coming from the next 2019 winter event need a home and it is a win-win situation for STO and the players.
Devs please listen up...if you put this up for profit on the C-Store, I'm sure some of us PET collectors would be willing to pay a EXTRA $$$ price for it.

Yes, it was mentioned by a dev and acknowledged that it was a "good idea" and something that they wanted as well.
The idea of a system/feature that ties into Vanity Pets has been seriously considered multiple times over my tenure on the STO team. It's likely to happen at some point, but not a complete guarantee. And as for when? I couldn't even begin to guess.

It's been a while a hope we are close to the "someday" scenario?

Please keep this idea floating in someone's Quality of life improvement project.

Thanks and happy holidays!​​
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I'll add my support for this. I don't pick up many pets due to not having enough storage for them.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Definitely need one of these.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    not only bank tab but a tab on the character so you can have a few to choose from on the fly
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Secret World did their pet tab extremely well. I'd look to that one for guidance.
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    I desperately need a pet tab.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Pet tab, YES.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    Yes, I want a pet tab for all the pets I have collected. Vote pet tab for STO! :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User

They have a "Action Figures" bank/list in Champions. They should see if they can use the same code with a few updates and see if they can get it to work in STO. It is tied to the character in Champions not to the bank, if they can do something like that in STO it would be great. You don't need to keep all the pets, you would double chick on them and they would get put into a "Action Figure" list and you just click on their name on the list and they would appear. I think they can use this and get this "Bank" for the pets.

Just my 2¢ ...
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    It’s to the point where I can’t get anymore pets. I’m maxed out on slots, and the only way I can get more pets, or gear for that matter, is to delete other gear that I’d otherwise like to keep.

If they’d abstain just once from fixing something that isn’t broken and give long time players a reasonable solution to storage instead ..... it would be a pleasant surprise.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Personally, I prefer the SWTOR version since it grants you a summon power to pets and mounts by using the pet or mount and then it disappears permanently. It also has the ability to become account wide by paying a small fee and show all the various pets, equipment, and mounts that can be obtained through their version of the C-Store and Lock Box.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    I support this as well. This definitely could be one of the quality improvements requested by players that I can get on board.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Devs...Pets need some love even in the holidays tiger-48.giftiger-48.giftiger-48.gif...this would be a great quality of life improvement for those of us have been here in STO for close to 10 years and maxed out any limits in inventory.​​
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Really Cryptic? This is a quality improvement that has been asked year after year. It needs some TLC from your end Devs. TY.​​
This discussion has been closed.