test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Three New Patrols Join the Patrol System!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Three Delta Quadrant Patrols are being updated and added to the Patrol System. Check out all the details here!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11294233

Comments

• djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    Cool!
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    I can see Gekko's comment now:

"The Delta Rising Patrols are the best reworked Patrols ever...and the Players LOVE them." ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Nice. The 2nd picture make me think... it'd be nice if one of these patrols was just an epic battle against 1 ship vs the waves of trash ships we usually get. Would that be possible to make and be interesting? Something that would require strategy vs just straight up overwhelming pew pew?
  • sapeppersapepper Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    loving the updates to the patrol system and the new styling.
    but a small ask while patrols are space based are they any plans to make ground patrols as well at least 1 for each faction mainly aimed for kill accolades. but with increased EC instead of DIL.
    3 types hold , capture and timed. hold and capture have a fixed amount of EC and other rewards, timed would be some what greater and based on kills.
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Oh, yay. Revamps of patrols I hated from the day they were introduced. Wake me when you guys give us something interesting. Genuinely new missions more than two or three times a year would be nice. Or how about those Klingon War missions you yanked, gutting the Feddie leveling process and leaving that arc with no resolution?

Patrols. Bleh.
  • These new patrols are pretty convenient for trait unlocking and this voth one will be useful for daily voth endeavor, getting a voth ship one makes me go yikes because the contested zone is generally devoid of things to kill. Ground patrols would be cool, like a Tzenkethi and Hurq one, among others.
    qaAuoh7.gif
  • ensignthrowawayensignthrowaway Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I'm liking the new Patrols. I've been unlocking more starship masteries across alts now that it's not so bad.

Count me as another player would would like some ground patrols added too.
  • drakehunter#2458 drakehunter Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    When do they go live? there was no time listed in the article
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I'm looking forward to these three newest additions. I've been enjoying these revamped System Patrols almost every day. I enjoy the different scenarios. Nicely done on these, Cryptic.

• discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    While I like the patrols, I really hate the rewards. 15 marks isn't worth bothering with. Unless you really want to level up a ship's mastery, there's not much point in doing them more than once, ever.

And between the nerfing/removal of the Red Alerts, and now the nerfing of the patrols, it's gotten rather difficult to get marks. While all my existing characters more or less have everything maxed, it makes playing an alt much less fun, since getting marks is a slog.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    They go live with the upcoming Breach event.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Is that borg patrol the one where all the action takes place in a tiny right on the edge of of the mission map with enemies that fly into the out of bounds area?

Not all factions have BZ attatched to them and some of those BZ's are awful, kethi and the gamma waiting zone being the prime examples.

Anyone struggling for marks needs to make sure and get a gamma recruit, the laziest designed recruit with dullest rewards but you'll have more than enough marks to cap at least one of the more awkward reps.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    When do they go live? there was no time listed in the article

@drakehunter#2458
    I think this is the cool thing which was supposed to go live last Thursday. Due to some remaining bugs and stability issues the patch was withheld. Best guess it's going to be included in next week's patch.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    I just posted that they are going live with the Breach event.
    GrWzQke.png
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Missed that one.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Pros with those updated patrols:
    -voice-acted and sometimes improved dialogue
    -better indication on where the objective is vertically-speaking
    -great for ship mastery completion
    -great for salvage
    -great for killing X of a type of enemy ships for endeavors

Cons:
    -ever-spawning enemies until an invisible timer is down for most of them as a final objective (worst part, honestly, gameplay-wise)
    -not eligible for daily bonus marks
    -mark rewards are insignificant
    -great for killing X of a type of enemy ships ONLY if you're lucky to get the right endeavor (which is rarely the case right now since the usual victims are Tholians, Voth, Tzenkethi, Borg, Hur'q, Dreadnoughts, Undine, which don't have a part in those patrols)
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    duasyn wrote: »
    Nice. The 2nd picture make me think... it'd be nice if one of these patrols was just an epic battle against 1 ship vs the waves of trash ships we usually get. Would that be possible to make and be interesting? Something that would require strategy vs just straight up overwhelming pew pew?
    Maybe, maybe not?

My "Arena of Sompek in Space with a Borg Cube Idea" works somewhat like this:

We're replaying the Battle of Wolf 359.

40 Ships are engaging the Borg Cube. It's gigantic (so not one of the existing Borg ships). 35 of the ships are NPC ships, of course. One is Admiral Hanson's ship, one is the USS Saratoga and one is the USS Ahwahnee. If any of these 3 get reduced to 0 hit points, they retreat to restore hit points, but anything else just leaves behind wreckage that you can scan for survivors.

General Rules
    The Cube itself cannot be destroyed. The goal of the mission is to last as long as you can, and keep the Borg Cube at sublight speed so it cannot reach Earth, and as NPC ships are reported disabled, beam survivors aboard.

The mission ends when all player ship are destroyed at once, or when they fail to keep the Borg from going to warp.

Concepts:
    The Borg ships mission-critical spots are various "nodes" that are placed on the surface of the cube.
    • Borg Weapon Node: A weapon node is basically a frigate level enemy. It's equipped with plasma launchers and plasma torpedoes and can use Torpedo Spread II and Beam Overload II and Assimilated Tractor Beam III.
    • Borg Heavy Weapon Node: A heavy weapon node is basically a Battleship level enemy with plasma launchers, plasma torpedoes and can use High Yield Torpedo III, Torpedo Spread III, Beam Overload III and Beam Fire At Will III and Assimilated Tractor Beam III.
    • Borg Shield Node: A shield node is unarmed but has battleship level hit points and shields. It is has Borg Engineering Team III and Hazard Emitters III that it uses on other nodes, and can use Borg Extended Shields, which basically makes any non-shield-node invulnerable and lasts as long as the shield node lasts. Anything that dispels buffs also can remove this buff (but it's reapplied after 30 seconds.). Borg Shield Nodes also have Feedback Pulse III.
    • Borg Regeneration Node: Whenever a Borg node is destroyed, a borg regeneration node appears in its place. The regeneration node has dreadnought level hit points. It shows a progress bar. When the bar finishes, the regeneration node basically restores the previous node to function and the regeneration node disappears.
    • Borg Warp Node: The Borg Warp Node are mission critical objectives. When they appear, they display a progress bar. When the bar finishes, the node is considered operational. When 6 or more warp nodes are operational, the cube can leave Wolf 359 and start its attack on Earth, ending the mission.

The mission starts with phase I. Once that is finished, Phase I, III and IV happen in sequence, and after that, randomly.

Phase I: Intercept the Borg Cube
    You basically reach the cube at warp and have to disable its warp nodes. It has 6 warp nodes, 6 weapon nodes, 6 heavy weapon nodes and 6 shield nodes at this stage. When no more warp nodes are active, this phase ends. I this phase, the warp nodes are recharging slower than normal.

From now on, the following 3 phases can occur in any order. Each lasts until you have destroyed all nodes or 3 minutes have elapsed. Over time, the difficulty increases. The nodes gain more hit points, more shields.

Phase II: Survive the Counter-Attack
    The Borg are focusing on taking out ships. The Borg Cube spawns 12 weapon nodes and 12 heavy weapon nodes. When no more weapon or heavy weapon nodes are active, the phase ends.

Phase III: Weaken their Defenses
    We've kept the Borg in the fight, now we have to break down their defenses.
    The cube spawns 6 weapon nodes, 6 heavy weapon nodes and 12 shield nodes. When no more shield nodes are active, this phase ends.

Phase IV: Resistance is Irrelevant
    The Borg decide that continuing the engagement is pointless. The Cube has spawned 6 heavy weapon nodes, 6 shield nodes and 12 warp nodes.
    This phase ends when no more warp nodes are active. If 6 warp nodes manage to go operational the Borg Cube warps out and the mission ends.

Phase Modifiers
    • Borg Feedback: All Borg Nodes gain Feedkback Pulse I.
    • Shield Frequency Adaptation: The Borg energy weapons ignore shields during this phase. Scan Borg Weapon Nodes to figure out how they are doing it and counter the effect. (Scan is not interrupted by damage, but takes a while.)
    • Weapon Frequency Adaptation: All Borg nodes are immune to energy damage during this phase. Scan Borg Shield Nodes to figure out how they are doing it and counter the effect. (Scan is not interrupted by damage).
    • Limited Regeneration Mode: 6 additional shield nodes spawn during this phase, and fabrication nodes finish twice as fast.
    • Save the Saratoga Survivors: Can occur only once. You have to save the survivors of the Saratago and transfer them to the USS Ahwahnee.
    • Protect Admiral Hanson: Try to keep Admiral Hanson's ship alive during this phase. Unfortunately, it has the full attention of the cube.
    • Transfer Your Injured: Can occur only once: The USS Ahwahnee has lost all weapon systems but can still limp away. Transfer survivors to the ship so they can get out of the war zone.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    No Jarleth System Patrol yet? That was taken off line almost two months ago and is still not back. That was my go to for defeating Borg Ships for Endeavors without having to fire up a TFO.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ondanondan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    They go live with the upcoming Breach event.

when's tht tho? it's not on calendar or news page.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    If the blogs about the patrols up now I'd guess its going to be squeezed in before the winter event starts up. Cryptics not in the habit of giving much more than a couple of weeks advance notice about stuff.
  • mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Oh, yay. Revamps of patrols I hated from the day they were introduced. Wake me when you guys give us something interesting. Genuinely new missions more than two or three times a year would be nice. Or how about those Klingon War missions you yanked, gutting the Feddie leveling process and leaving that arc with no resolution?

Patrols. Bleh.

This <3
  • mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    discojer wrote: »
    , it's gotten rather difficult to get marks.
    -TFOs
    -Battlezones
    -Endeavors
    Getting marks via patrols has always been the least efficient means possible.

Think what they mean is there is no pve that awards a choice from all marks. It used to be Defence of Starbase One which was great for levelling ship XP plus any marks you wanted.
    November 14
    GrWzQke.png
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    November 14

Oh goodie...
    Missing a couple of days earning while I'm at a sci-fi convention...

STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Any chance that we might eventually see some ground based patrols? :/
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    When they decide to do new Patrols instead of 're-imagining' existing ones, only then a chance for Ground Patrols. I only hope they don't 're-imagine' the New Romulus Ground stuff. Those award 20 Romulan Marks each plus the normal Daily Marks Bonus Box, and an extra 10 Romulan Marks for the first area a day. Ditto for Dilitium awards.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    That's why I called it Ground 'stuff'. It's not a Patrol, but in their zeal to revamp, who knows what they'll do with it. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Is that borg patrol the one where all the action takes place in a tiny right on the edge of of the mission map with enemies that fly into the out of bounds area?

Not all factions have BZ attatched to them and some of those BZ's are awful, kethi and the gamma waiting zone being the prime examples.

Anyone struggling for marks needs to make sure and get a gamma recruit, the laziest designed recruit with dullest rewards but you'll have more than enough marks to cap at least one of the more awkward reps.

Both reputations that had mark-rewarding patrols, Romulan and Delta, also have a zone that gives those marks, as well as relevant daily boxes.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
This discussion has been closed.