test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Starship Traits

Comments

• wirralianwirralian Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Kind of tired of logging in to a toon, check to see if traits are their, yep, check, Then change map, check traits again, and lo and behold, space traits missing, ground traits missing, active traits missing, abilities missing from tray, reputation space and ground traits missing. Given that anecdotally I have discussed this and people say this situation has persisted for years. It makes me wonder do your development team not know how to fix this, or is it a case that no one even bothers to fix a bug as wide ranging as this. Perhaps, it is time you set up a small team, to actually look at the entire trait system, and radically overhaul it, to remove the traits no one uses. I refer to what Blizzard does, when a new expansion or even a new patch is released, they overhaul the talent system, Time to overhaul the traits system, just the standard ones, I am not referring to the traits that are unique to a particular ship!!! I play a lot of characters, but the most recent problems, are appearing on my newly created Gamma Recruit Vanguard currently using the Jem'Hadar T6 Warship (non-temporal), but the problem is not limited to that character, other characters, fed/KDF/ROM/Jem'Hadar occasionally have missing traits as well
  • wirralianwirralian Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    yet again join a tfo, to find traits have vanished, making the content virtually unplayable, why give us traits, to use when the coding is so pathetically broken, that a simple thing like a map change means they get removed, Why can you not fix such a basic requirement of the games play functions????????????????????????
  • stocrazystocrazy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm missing the traits from the Shran and the Pathfinder on my 2nd account, both ships I maxed out and its not listing in the starship traits window.
    I also an now seeing that the 2nd toon on my 2nd account is not seeing rep traits in the list now either after hitting tier 2.

Here's a link to a photo of my listed traits and the finished pathfinder ship trait, and it's not in the list nor are my rank 2 rep traits.
    Guess I can't share the link.
  • gerborgx#1682 gerborgx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I just opened and applied that Fragment of AI Tech Space Trait, but it is not showing..no idea where it went. Will try logging on/off and see if it shows. Got a screen cap of me getting it, but I guess I can't attach a local image.
  • gerborgx#1682 gerborgx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Ok. After a logout/login to the game it is showing. Whew!
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    Ok. After a logout/login to the game it is showing. Whew!

Next time, try changing instances when this happens. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • mrlostsoul#1950 mrlostsoul Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Starbuck@mrlostsoul#1950 (Main character/account)
    Fleet Admiral 65
    traits
    Active Ground Reputation
    Some went missing, I don't know what. I replaced the missing with what is available so I can continue to play. But what is available was not what I was using. Unfortunately, I never thought to memorize what I was using. Please check traits and restore what's missing. I know two are missing because when I checked, two slots were empty.
    Active Space Reputation
    There was one slot empty. I don't remember what it was.

Althaea Sinclair@mrlostsoul#1950 (Sup account. I have not completed Reputation yet. So I know some slots are locked)
    Fleet Admiral 65
    traits
    Active Ground Reputation
    2 slots empty. I don't remember what went missing.
    Active Space Reputation
    3 slots empty. I don't remember what went missing.

Nemesis@mrlostsoul (Sup account. I have not completed Reputation yet. So I know some slots are locked)
    Fleet Admiral 65
    traits
    Starship Traits
    A slot is empty. Something went missing.
    Active Ground Reputation
    2 slots empty
    Active Space Reputation
    4 slots empty

Tru Vor'Kai@mrlostsoul (Sup account. I have not completed Reputation yet. So I know some slots are locked)
    Fleet Admiral 65
    trait
    Active Ground Reputation
    4 slots empty
    Active Space Reputation
    4 slots empty

Also, when will the character/clothing vendor/editor be fixed? I still can't make changes to bridge officers without using the work around.
  • mrlostsoul#1950 mrlostsoul Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    I know somethings are missing because traits that I like and used for months are now missing. and the slot is empty. The Active Ground traits have 5 slots or boxes. I filled them all with traits I like. Now I look and the first and second slots are filled but the third and fifth are empty. The fourth is filled. Apparently I can choose from 6 choices currently. And I don't like Concussive Tachyon, One little ship, and Piezo-Electric Perimeter. I don't remember choosing Visual Dampening Field. So if I have 6 choices, and 3 I don't like, so I never used, that means, I only have 3 left. How can I have filled 5 slots/boxes with only 3 I like/don't hate. Now, I have added traits from lockboxes. But I don't remember what they are or where they went. So my question goes back to 5 slots but only 3 traits I used. What happened to the 2 trait boxes once filled?

Ok, the Active Space has the same problem.

Now. If you say, the traits were just separated. I guess that makes sense because now that I think about it, I think ship and ground traits were together in certain trait categories. If that's the case, I hope they make more traits because I dislike a third of them.

Do you know if traits from lockboxes still there? I'll have to look them up and see if they're still around. Once again, I can't remember what they were. I know some were from Borg lockboxes.

Also, do you have any idea when the clothing tailor, will be fixed? It's really annoying to keep doing the work around.
    Post edited by mrlostsoul#1950 on
  • rcellomanrcelloman Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I have at times chosen my ships with the 'experimental trait' and found the box 'empty'. I can add it back, but I can forget to check and fly into a mission.. etc.

What ever happened to the 'account wide' deal with the experimental trait for all same level ships in an account? Got the Mirror Legendary ship. which is account wide, upgraded it with the experiment trait, got the ship for another toon of mine, no upgrade showing on the Legendary and the fleet sci ship <Voyager class>, no trait upgrade. Little help?

Thanks!
    @celloman2
    r_celloman@yahoo.com
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    On one of my characters, I've twice had my space traits (except for 1 space reputation trait) become unequipped a few times. This was after the trait loadouts was added and after I had made and saved a loadout with traits. If I set some arbitrary traits to the slots (traits I don't use) then when loading the loadout that was saved with traits before, it will remove the traits I'd set but won't equip the traits that were set when the loadout was saved. (Saved post trait loadout system patch.) I'm not sure, but it seems like it may be triggered by changing ships. (And as I've mentioned elsewhere, changing ships doesn't automatically change traits to match those last used on the ship, or those saved in the loadout. But if there was code that was supposed to do that, which isn't working right, maybe that's causing this issue?)

Haven't seen traits becoming unequipped on map change lately, but the last time I did, loading a loadout that was saved with traits after the trait loadout patch did work to re-equip the traits.
  • tonkin#7516 tonkin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Not just traits, for the past several months almost on a weekly to 10 schedule, my SKILLS become INVALID! Time for people to get their heads of their %$# and fix problems BEFORE trying to give us NEW Stuff!
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Again? C'mon!
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • neverpatriot#3122 neverpatriot Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I'm not missing, but have to set space traits every new login, my account is new, so I don't really know if is related.
  • rcellomanrcelloman Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Missing traits AFTER FIX of 12-16-20 patch notes?

New < but old to me > issues with traits not staying in place and other issues STO 'fixed'? Bogle character AFTER fix, I purchased Krenim BO's at the Fleet Research base, removed BO's that I haven't used for a LONG time, put in the new Krenim BO's. Worked out my entire setup of officers at DS9 station, took 'pics' of my setup including DO's space n ground (using the free PicPick program due to past issues, saves reset times I've had to do before) and safely logged off STO.

Hours later log-in to STO, my Personal Ground, Space Traits AND the Starship Traits missing AGAIN! I log off, run the 'force verify' under 'options' of the login STO box, save it, so it runs, after its done, login and reset my issues in DS9 station. I beam up and find yet AGAIN I have to do it all - AGAIN after the beam up? I expect the space skills box to have some empty spaces, NOT all of my traits?

Trust me I am not joking here as I love STO and never want to waste anyone's time helping us have fun! On the other hand, if there are any more FREE stuff offers due to this and other ongoing issues, 'we' await with Logic and Ship in hand!

Honestly, Thank You for your help. I wonder if issues may be due to how long someone has been in STO, as I was in when STO was created? Just a thought of fixes affecting other fixes after a time?

(Note: Once I was able to find a response to 'comments' directly noted to me, but - can someone tell me an easier way of finding a response directly to MY comments fast and easy - even perhaps without login to Arc?)

Sincerely yours,
    Bogle@celloman
  • maelstromvortexmaelstromvortex Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    You're about to lose a an almost decade long career player on a lifetime membership to the fact you cannot keep your accounts in order Cryptic

I've lost my traits swapping ships via the swap ships button. The engineering console slot where my assault craft console was normally kept was also blanked and the console moved into my bank. I know for certain it was not saved with that slot blank. Not only that, the saved state my Sheshar was in did not keep track of the dish or the fleet elite warp core resulting in the Risan Cruiser's omega set ending up in the Sheshar's slots.. atop that it appears the deflector was reset from level 14 back to XI.

The reman protoype shield I was using in the apearances shield area was also dumped to my inventory.

Do you know how much progress that is? I am done spending money on this game. Not another dime ever. You should be bugtesting, play testing, and making sure this kind of stuff doesn't happen before implementing such a broken system that seems designed to make people re-pay for the same lost content.

Do you know how much stuff is on my main in my account? Do you genuinely expect me to keep track of it all? It's impossible. Thus I've almost certainly lost things that I can't possibly recover because your system appears designed to destroy the stuff its players pay for, and have worked on, in some cases, for decades. How else do you explain this level of incompetent programming and design being allowed to persist for this long? Basic data tracking isn't rocket science and you seem to be the only company that has this level of severity of issue so many years after its game released.

I'll play a little longer, hope you guys fix your TRIBBLE. But the last 2 years I've played have been the worst 2 years of my gaming in STO.. and if I do decide to leave, I won't be returning.

One trait I had survived all the way til now without going missing, the "Well Travelled" Trait in the other cateogry. Now that category doesn't even appear in my trait's list. I can't even restore it All your customer service could offer was a "we're sorry, we have no fix for this." Not acceptable. Update: I've been advised this trait may now be "hidden" along with the other category.. however after testing the default trnaswarp time vs the modified transwarp times and then applying the 20% discount the bonus no longer exists, so in my case it's not just hidden, it's gone missing. If the math I and a peer have done is accurate. He as a 12 minute cooldown, mine is 6 because I have the sci trait that drops it 50% so the 20% from the trait appears missing.

And these token digital trinkets you offer us as "I'm sorrys" do not make up for the amount you are likely fleecing from the player base due to them having to redo lost work.

This has been complained about for how long now? Seriously. I'd prefer if you took the entire game offline for a few days and fixed this TRIBBLE than continue to allow your player base to suffer like this.

Don't give me more free stuff except to remedy what's gone missing.. just FIX THE GAME. The whole state of affairs feels pre-alpha release.

This whole thing leaves me wondering how much has your system stolen from me by now that I haven't noticed.. and how can you ever expect me to trust you again when you release such garbage content and interfaces? You charge hundreds of dollars. for digital ships people can't even use without risking the loss of them or their content.. You're letting STO turn into one of the biggest scams ever.

Updates are me adding more stuff that I'm finding missing as I sort out this mess your game has created to ruin my evening.
    Post edited by maelstromvortex on
  • maelstromvortexmaelstromvortex Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Star ship trait blanking is still occuring on using the swap ship button to swap ships. It erase my traits, appears to have also erased my trans-warp bonus from well travelled. It also appears to have deleveled some items and moved them from one ship to the other which it was not saved on. They erased my previous comment detailing this. Ask them to please restore: #Comment_13641955
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    Was the Romulan "Deprogrammed" trait supposed to disappear? I didn't even notice this until I checked my Romulan CAC's traits last week. The Deprogrammed trait is gone.
  • ward101#8752 ward101 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    All issues to be resolved
  • How about this for fun. Just the other day I made changes to my equipped ship, clicked the loadouts tab, clicked save loadout, consoles are unequipped and traits turned off. Twice! WTF? The trait and doff systems have been broken for years.
  • weybenweyben Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    As suggested by Support, i says that lost of ALL TRAITS is related to use special ships during certain missions in story mode (missions that let you use special ships). Happened multiple times when i done them so is surely is directly linked
  • kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Apologies in advance, I haven't read through all the comments but is the a way to stop the game resetting traits when you're forced to use a different ship for a mission e,g. temporal ambassador and a step between stars?
    I add unfortunately that TRAITS reset also when change the ship from shipyard :|
    After the last patch, this problem still (just for update the post).
    edited March 2021
    Sadly i have to comunicate that now some space traits resets also when a char level up and some unselected traits autoset:|