test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

23rd century TOS era Trek - could there be more stuff?

diel#9512 diel Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited November 2019 in The Art of Star Trek Online
The TOS era design style is my the most favourite style of the entire Trek creation. I even prefer it over the TMP/TWOK design style. And I have to say... what was created for the Agents of Yesterday is absolutely awesome. It is as if I enter classic TOS episode and play it. All the designs, ships, interiors, clothes, species... everything is so perfect to the last detail. To play it was the most awesome experience I have in last six months. A dream come true.
This is what I was looking for so long time... a gaming experience from this Trek era. This is the only game in last 20 years which offeres it.

But there is so little of it. Only extremely short campaign, before it transport me into the 25th century, and no side quests, no patrols, nothing else to do. There is such a huge potential. The universe was created with so much effort and paying attention to every detail. It is almost a crime to leave this potential, this huge effort and perfectly done work so unused, unutilized.

I am not expecting any new campaign with adventurous thrilling story for the 23rd century gameplay (although I have to admit this is exactly what I want and I would love it so much), but I believe the 23rd century universe deservs something more to be done there. Some minor optional quests, like transport under pirate attack or an attack of romulans when I get too close to the neutral zone. Or possibility to visit some of another planets, which are there. Just small area for small walk around.

And perhaps more ships of this era, of this design style, to choose from. There is such wide choice and big variability in what federation ship to choose for the 24/25th century, but only six ships with no variability of combination of the TOS era. I know, for each of them there is T6 variant, but it is in fact a radical modernisation of the deign, which kind of took away from it all what is so beautiful on them.
It would be so great if there could be any kind of expansion from this beautiful original TOS/TAS design style era stuff in the game.
ME-B.jpg

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Would be nice but they don't have the people to make this kind of commitment. The whole reason why everything was railroaded towards "the alliance" was to give an excuse to have all factions on a single narrative with content for all f(r)actions.

As for TOS ships, if you own both the T(2-5) and the T6 version you can use the TOS model on the T6 ship and vice versa. No kitbashing but it's still kinda neat.