test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ten Forward Weekly 06.11.2019: Q&Ashi Maru Notes

foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
Thanks again go to our fine friends over on reddit/sto - Information taken from
https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/dsq7vi/ten_forward_weekly_06112019_qashi_maru/

Link (Twitch) [01:11:54]

Theme: Q&Ashi Maru! (Regular Q&A)

Guest: None.

• Apparently there's some thing we're not supposed to see yet that slipped into release version?

• T7 are still not planned, no need to worry. Especially given that not every T5 has been converted to T6.

• Featured Episode rerun "sooner than we think".

• Kael will ask for reman viceroy costume for players (And other stuff too.)

• ST: Into Darkness volcano suit is still coming.

• No plans for T1 ships themselves (like no plans for making them scaling, but neither they would be removed).

• It's unlikely klingons would be allowed to fly fed ships or vice-versa, CBS forbids this.

• Accolades unlocking aesthetics would be a thing someday.

• Klingon bus is best ship for stage 2 of Counterpoint.

• No one was able to explain to Mike why KDF computer voice was removed.

• They were going to release something interesting, but it had severe stability issues and thus no patch today.

• TAS caitians aren't a thing for now because of weird legal issues.
(They'll see how it goes for Lower Decks.)

• Chase Masterson is in for Mirror Leeta vs. Killy, but a bit busy. They hadn't asked Mary Wiseman, but she was interested in performing a Killy.
(Joking around: Like Counterpoint, with Mirror Starbase 1 vs. Terok Nor.)

• Mike got Counterpoint RTFO and after that immediately afterwards Assault on Terok Nor RTFO.

• He defeated mirror assault team by summoning mirror assault team.

• Cryptic have some exiting people coming to do voice acting for anniversary.

• Kobayashi Maru playable ship is likely coming eventually.

• Kobayashi Maru is meant to be suicidal (or at least they aren't fixing that behaviour).
("He lost all power to the breaks.")

• Pet battles unlikely - too much to do already.

• Mike did the AoTN console puzzle.

• "The real Chase Masterson would've come here if I asked, 'cause she's polite."

• Mike noted that AoTN final fight is tough, but not as insane as Manus one and is easier to understand and do.

• AoTN is forgiving. Manus is not.
pjxgwS8.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Kind of strange how they are thinking about TAS Caitians, however I think people mostly want M'Ress's hairstyle for current Caitians.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > While I am glad to see others taking on the burden of porting over the weekly livestream notes from Reddit, some post formatting would be nice to make it more consumable.

Apologises about that. During the initial post for some reason the formatting kept messing me around.

Each time I tried something the post formatting got weirder. I quickly posted the notes during my lunch break. I finish work in 2 hours and the first thing I'll do is properly format with bullet points
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > While I am glad to see others taking on the burden of porting over the weekly livestream notes from Reddit, some post formatting would be nice to make it more consumable.

Apologises about that. During the initial post for some reason the formatting kept messing me around.

Each time I tried something the post formatting got weirder. I quickly posted the notes during my lunch break. I finish work in 2 hours and the first thing I'll do is properly format with bullet points

Don't worry. You did a good job. Thank you. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Kind of strange how they are thinking about TAS Caitians, however I think people mostly want M'Ress's hairstyle for current Caitians.
    A lot of the TAS stuff is caught up in weird legal situations due to the nature of many of TAS's episodes being done by guest writers and the such.

This is why STO can't use the Kzinti, and had to make up the Ferasans to replace them instead.
    All I mean is I didn't think they would care about TAS style Caitians regardless of the legal issues.

edited November 2019
    A lot of the TAS stuff is caught up in weird legal situations due to the nature of many of TAS's episodes being done by guest writers and the such.

This is why STO can't use the Kzinti, and had to make up the Ferasans to replace them instead.
    All I mean is I didn't think they would care about TAS style Caitians regardless of the legal issues.

I did not buy that one either.

Also the explenation that CBS would give a poo if KDF players play FED ships and vice versa feels like a poor attempt at comedy. But hey it does sound better than „similar to cross faction team-ups we can’t get the respective game code for this straight anymore; the devs who could do it left long time ago”. :D
    animated.gif
    edited November 2019
    But hey it does sound better than „similar to cross faction team-ups we can’t get the respective game code for this straight anymore; the devs who could do it left long time ago”.
    This was never the problem with cross faction team up. The devs know how to do it, the problem is that the faction split is so fundamental to so many of the game systems that changing it would require rewriting like half the game's code.

Considering that setting up a 2 player cross-faction queue group for lining up for an RTFO works without issues while doing the very same but queueing up directly for a specific map does not I don’t buy that one either.

I also do not know how often in the past 8 years I ended up - remained - in a direct cross faction team after a PvE run. No, this does not give me the impression that they could change it if they wanted to but feel free to come up with more explenations as to why. :)
    animated.gif
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I don't mind Klingon/Federation split on ships.

I'm just glad CBS Marketing allowed Klingons to expand out of being primarily a PvP faction with very little PvE content. That, and it used to be unlockable once you reached 3rd level (I believe) as a Star Fleet character.

If Cryptic was allowed to make them a full fledged faction from the get go, I would have more interested in Klingon player characters back then.

Oh well.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Thanks for posting this @foxman00 ! I don't have the patience to watch streams or listen to podcasts so this is how I find out what's new.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    OK edits done and formatting seems to be a bit better

@somtaawkhar please let me know if that is better for you.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    foxman00 wrote: »
    • T7 are still not planned, no need to worry. Especially given that not every T5 has been converted to T6.
    Meaning they're gonna drop it as a surprise gift as soon as they're done making everything T6, which I've been saying for years. Why would I be worried, though? More is better.
    • Featured Episode rerun "sooner than we think".
    Which, given that the going thought on the subject is "never," will not be hard to do.
    • Kael will ask for reman viceroy costume for players (And other stuff too.)
    • ST: Into Darkness volcano suit is still coming.
    More clothes always good.
    • No plans for T1 ships themselves (like no plans for making them scaling, but neither they would be removed).
    As expected.
    • It's unlikely klingons would be allowed to fly fed ships or vice-versa, CBS forbids this.
    Always a good scapegoat, that CBS. :smiley:

Honestly, I don't care who makes these decisions, it's just plain silly at this point. What's the big deal with Fed/KDF, when literally everyone and everything else can cross at will? :D

Though technically I don't even want to fly Fed on KDF or vice versa, I'd just want my romulan main to get both. ;)
    It already was a thing, until they broke the Elite STF accolades with Delta Rising and never fixed them.
    • Kobayashi Maru is meant to be suicidal (or at least they aren't fixing that behaviour).
    ("He lost all power to the breaks.")
    Which means absolutely nothing since it doesn't affect the mission anymore.
    • Mike noted that AoTN final fight is tough, but not as insane as Manus one and is easier to understand and do.
    It's not tough. It's just frequently stretched out to unnecessary length by players who, however easy it would be, don't (care to) understand that they need to trick stupid Leeta to step into the killing machine instead of standing there shooting like 99% of the game.
    edited November 2019
    warpangel wrote: »
    . It's just frequently stretched out to unnecessary length by players who, however easy it would be, don't (care to) understand that they need to trick stupid Leeta to step into the killing machine instead of standing there shooting like 99% of the game.

I was wondering about that too but am afraid to resume an awkward discussion. At least when in Manus 3 players know how to get it straight, the whole thing goes straight. When in Terok Nor the two remaining players decide to poo it up or troll it on purpose things stay messy.

I vote cryptic removes this map from the rtfo list as well asap. Kael is probably not as lucky next time. :D
    animated.gif
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

• Apparently there's some thing we're not supposed to see yet that slipped into release version?

Without watching the video, I am fairly sure this is next week's Breech event that showed up in the event tab alongside the Kobayashi event. From what I saw of it, the breach gets you 2 points and there will be new Voth patrols that get you 1 point each towards event advancement, needing 2 total points per day.

Not that I mind this, but its funny given ST:4. Maybe if we can be a Federation whale captain we can fly KDF ships?

KDF already get to steal some Runabouts and used to be able to buy them at DS9.

They planned something like this for Champions Online I think, but it never came to fruition, as far as I'm aware.

I'd rather fight Becky anyday. Leeta is stupidly fickle in her fight, to the point where you never really have any control. She does what she wants and if she happens to actually go to a platform when you light it up, you can actually progress towards finishing it.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Leetas not that fickle... I find if you start with zero threat, see who Leeta is targetting then activate threat boosts to keep her attention while constantly shooting her, you can lead her around quite easily - then flicking it off while shes weakened until she reselects a target then they do as above; rinse and repeat

As long as theres nobody firing at her or causing her to prioritise them, its a simple process - it just requires a team that knows not to drop aoes on her when shes invulnearable and to be able to adapt to different roles on the fly
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    CO does have some perks that reward costume bits, and has for years; usually the rank 3 for the various enemy group kills - some also award emotes, devices and titles of course​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    Maybe they should fix the god damn maco and honor guard accolades first before thinking about making new accolades that give cosmetics? I never got the unlockable T3 Honor guard armor on my kdf since they broke those accolades then removed the elites entirely
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Leetas not that fickle... I find if you start with zero threat, see who Leeta is targetting then activate threat boosts to keep her attention while constantly shooting her, you can lead her around quite easily - then flicking it off while shes weakened until she reselects a target then they do as above; rinse and repeat

As long as theres nobody firing at her or causing her to prioritise them, its a simple process - it just requires a team that knows not to drop aoes on her when shes invulnearable and to be able to adapt to different roles on the fly

It isn't the aggro so much as her frequent decision to just stand still or stop just outside a platform and waste everyone's time. There's something funky with her AI in that way.
    CO does have some perks that reward costume bits, and has for years; usually the rank 3 for the various enemy group kills - some also award emotes, devices and titles of course​​

You're right I forgot about those. I always do because they are locked behind 10k kills. They also sell them in the store now. I seem to remember a different idea though of using accolade points as a currency.

STO has had titles and trophies with its kill accolades, but I think they stopped making new ones pretty early on, at least the trophies. There are also the reputation ground set accolades that give you a costume unlock, so I wonder how this would differ.
    that used to be a thing too - they removed it at some point prior to mid-2012, which is when i started playing CO, as it wasn't there​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User

Only for the Event. It will still affect the non-Event version, just as the Event version of Sompek doesn't stop if everyone dies.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    echatty wrote: »

Only for the Event. It will still affect the non-Event version, just as the Event version of Sompek doesn't stop if everyone dies.
    If anyone plays the non-event version. No, scratch that, I actually did play the non-event version a while ago...because I'd forgotten the event was over. :D
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    The Kobyashi is a bit too suicidal now, I've seen it purposefully fly right into artillery fire or the doomsday machine fire and lose mass amounts of health in seconds if not outright dying.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,438 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    So it's the Kamikaze Maru? lol
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    the doomsday machine doesn't affect the KM - it says as much in the briefing​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• alzleealzlee Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    . It's just frequently stretched out to unnecessary length by players who, however easy it would be, don't (care to) understand that they need to trick stupid Leeta to step into the killing machine instead of standing there shooting like 99% of the game.

I was wondering about that too but am afraid to resume an awkward discussion. At least when in Manus 3 players know how to get it straight, the whole thing goes straight. When in Terok Nor the two remaining players decide to poo it up or troll it on purpose things stay messy.

I vote cryptic removes this map from the rtfo list as well asap. Kael is probably not as lucky next time. :D

oh they'll remove it just because the team cant get her on the pads because of oops,.. pets outside the pads, solar gateways and all the other things and need i mention consoles being used when shes a mile away from them? :)

after Assault on Terok Nor Gets removed (it shouldn't but its too hard right?) i vote maybe the very next so called too hard map would be perhaps... "The Swarm" due to its tendencies to get stuck when people do not power up the ships in time for the optional i save the ithat from happening by powering em all up after my first mob or two
    alzlee wrote: »

oh they'll remove it just because the team cant get her on the pads because of oops,.. pets outside the pads, solar gateways and all the other things and need i mention consoles being used when shes a mile away from them? :)

after Assault on Terok Nor Gets removed (it shouldn't but its too hard right?) i vote maybe the very next so called too hard map would be perhaps... "The Swarm" due to its tendencies to get stuck when people do not power up the ships in time for the optional i save the ithat from happening by powering em all up after my first mob or two

Things are really getting scary. Big question is if it will end at a point where we still have a game to play left. :s
    animated.gif
  • alzleealzlee Member Posts: 36 Arc User

Things are really getting scary. Big question is if it will end at a point where we still have a game to play left. :s

Oh well at least we been assimilated during the golden days of sto all the borg elites so whatever happens we will adapt
    edited November 2019

There will always be the likes of Starbase 1, Borg Disco, etc that complete 100% on their own, so shouldn't be too hard for anyone. :p

Your mileage may vary on whether that still counts as "a game to play," though. :disappointed:

Though in all seriousness, if Swarm still bugs up (haven't seen it in a long time), it should just be fixed.
This discussion has been closed.