test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post in this thread if you didn't get your Foundry author rewards or your character slots back

wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
Hi guys. People are reporting issues with getting their Foundry mission author rewards, or having missing character slots. If that's you, post in this thread so I can collect your @handles and give them to @ambassadorkael#6946.

Thank you!

Known issues at this time:
latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• astroroblaastrorobla Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Thanks for this; I've tried a couple avenues of contact but haven't gotten my featured mission Genesis Device for The Interwarp Experiment. While it wasn't featured at the time of the sunset it had been for a long time and was documented here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/3027483

Earlier thread I posted: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1248339/featured-foundry-genesis-devices-rewarded-yet
    Now a top-rated spotlight mission!
    STO-sig.jpg
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    > @astrorobla said:
    > Thanks for this; I've tried a couple avenues of contact but haven't gotten my featured mission Genesis Device for The Interwarp Experiment. While it wasn't featured at the time of the sunset it had been for a long time and was documented here:
    >
    > https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/3027483
    >
    > Earlier thread I posted: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1248339/featured-foundry-genesis-devices-rewarded-yet

By the way, I liked that mission so much I permanently made it part of my main's story. Even adapted it into a fanfic. https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13177470/#Comment_13177470
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I suppose we can't just get our Foundry character as a normal game character? :/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I suppose we can't just get our Foundry character as a normal game character? :/

That thought never crossed my mind for those in that predicament. Hmm. As for the topic, there are some people on Reddit who need to chime in as well who want their Foundry character slots back.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • rich776rich776 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    (Off topic, derailing comments moderated out. - BMR)
    edited August 2019
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    If you are supposed to get a character slot added from having a foundry character I did not get one. But I'm not sure if I lost one when I created my Foundry character either. But if you are suppose to get one back, I don't think I did.

Thanks for doing this,
    Tommy (@psytce)
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    How do i know if i get it?, I used to have 2 chars in the foundry, so how do i know if i got one?, I always leave some slots available, so i dont know :neutral:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • kevinm1701akevinm1701a Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I didn't get my Genesis device @Lone-star I did try sending a ticket in about it and never heard back and can't even find the ticket now.
  • fu11ofstarsfu11ofstars Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Hi and thanks for this thread. I did have a spotlight mission way back when called "Checks and Balances" about the Deferi and the Borg. I think it got broken at some point - I believe that it was used to test something on Tribble, which was an honor, but after that I could never access it and could never fix any problems. I did file a ticket about not being able to edit the mission, but there was no solution so far as I ever heard. In any event, haven't seen any Genesis Device.

@fu11ofstars
    Post edited by fu11ofstars on
    I thought I'd mention that a week or two ago when I was going through inventories on my alts I noticed the Genesis device had mysteriously appeared in the main inventory of one of my alts (my 1st character). Is this the expected delivery mechanism? I never did see it under the promotions tab, but am content that I have at least one alt capable of making life from lifelessness...
    STO-sig.jpg
    starswordc wrote: »
    > @astrorobla said:
    > Thanks for this; I've tried a couple avenues of contact but haven't gotten my featured mission Genesis Device for The Interwarp Experiment. [...]

By the way, I liked that mission so much I permanently made it part of my main's story. Even adapted it into a fanfic. https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13177470/#Comment_13177470

Aaaw, thanks for mentioning that; I'm SO glad the story resonated with you! It means a lot!

At some point I may have to write my own fanfic conclusion to that story (as I never managed to get the sequel authored).
    STO-sig.jpg
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    astrorobla wrote: »
    I thought I'd mention that a week or two ago when I was going through inventories on my alts I noticed the Genesis device had mysteriously appeared in the main inventory of one of my alts (my 1st character). Is this the expected delivery mechanism? I never did see it under the promotions tab, but am content that I have at least one alt capable of making life from lifelessness...

Yeah. Had the same thing happen to me.

One day no Genesis Device. The next day it was in my main's inventory.

But there was only the one. No option on who it appeared on. No option to trade it to an alt (Bound to Character). Thank goodness this was the character I wanted it on primarily.

But still... all other Foundry Sunset compensations could be claimed on any character on the account - if they wished. Seems very odd that the Genesis Device was 'hand rewarded' to only ONE character. It makes me wonder if the 'original' reward round (for those CURRENT Spotlight holders at the time) for the Genesis Device got the 'Promotions' tab treatment, while we few 'ex-Spotlight' holders got the individual inventory placement treatment.
  • rkilleenrkilleen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    yea i never got my 2 toon slots back - how do i resolve this?
    edited September 2019
    rkilleen wrote: »
    yea i never got my 2 toon slots back - how do i resolve this?

Please post your @ handle that you use in-game in this thread. That will help resolve your problem of getting your two foundry character slots back.

P.S. Cryptic, I noticed that if you click on News at the top, scroll down to Guides, click on Guides, and click on Foundry Spotlight, there is a list of the Spotlight Missions of the various Foundry authors with the names of their projects and the Foundry author's name after each project they have done that has been spotlighted. This may help to track down those who have not yet received either their Foundry character slots back and/or their Genesis Devices after the closure of the Foundry. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
  • mirax#1711 mirax Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I got the Genisis badge and comlink but no actual device or additional character slots.
    @Wrathan
    Of all the ideas that became the United States, there's a line in the Declaration of Independance that's at the heart of all the others. "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and provide new Guards for their future security."
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I think I only got the badge for playing foundry missions, not for making any. Does that influence anything else ?
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I only got the pin and botany bay device. @Pilks
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    This may be a strange question i have the badge and the Ship pet from this but how would i know if i was missing slots or not?

I do not make many toons any more so not something i have a mental record of how many i had prior to the closing.
    To be or not to be: B)
    This may be a strange question i have the badge and the Ship pet from this but how would i know if i was missing slots or not?

I do not make many toons any more so not something i have a mental record of how many i had prior to the closing.

Did you ever create a Foundry character? If so, then you would have character slots missing, like one or how many you did. If not, then having the badge and the ship pet is OK.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    max char slots 54 i have read ,+3 recruits .i have 57 ! also lifer should be +2 , there was +1 for new Ui and +1 for foundry sunset. so i think i am missing 4 char slots
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

Did you ever create a Foundry character? If so, then you would have character slots missing, like one or how many you did. If not, then having the badge and the ship pet is OK.

Well i did create one in the foundry so i guess that would be one i am missing then?
    To be or not to be: B)
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I am also a Foundry mission creator who did not get a slot back. Paid for a ton of them though. I'm kind of addicted to character slots.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • tichepotato#4965 tichepotato Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I don't believe I got the slot back either. I remember considering opening a ticket at the time, but I never got around to it and life caused it to slip from my mind until I saw this thread.
  • fireflower2223fireflower2223 Member Posts: 2 New User
    (Repost from the Bug Report forum)

I have a character that I used for making Foundry missions. With the Foundry being deleted, I thought I would delete that character. But I can't get to the Foundry screen anymore. If I try to create another character with that name, I get a message that says I already have a character with that name. So I don't know if my character got deleted with the Foundry or if she's stuck somewhere that I can't see. I sent in a support ticket, and they suggested I ask in the Foundry forum.

I should add that I haven't played in a long time, so it's entirely possible I missed something important.
This discussion has been closed.