test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Discovery engineering kits

vector22204#9451 vector22204 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
Hi just out of curiosity do engineering discovery characters get kits similar to original starfleet characters ie photon grenade launcher (23c)?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Nope, but you do get a different skin for the user interface, and for visuals like beam-out and scanning.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    You may be able to get the grenade launcher kit module from ESD before you warp forward in time.

Here we go, link:

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Photon_Grenade_Launcher_Fabrication

Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    You may be able to get the grenade launcher kit module from ESD before you warp forward in time.

Here we go, link:

"... While all factions can use and acquire this kit module from the Exchange, ..." -- nice, I think these were character bind on pickup when I created my TOS captain, like the bridge officer training manuals still are.

If the exchange price is too high I suppose you could create a new TOS captain and have them buy it and use the fleet bank to transfer it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

Here we go, link:

"... While all factions can use and acquire this kit module from the Exchange, ..." -- nice, I think these were character bind on pickup when I created my TOS captain, like the bridge officer training manuals still are.

If the exchange price is too high I suppose you could create a new TOS captain and have them buy it and use the fleet bank to transfer it.
    Does K-13 have them?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    The modules you get from the TOS tuturial area are character bind on pickup and you can get them from the fleet K-13 station and I think those ones are bind on equipe which is why they are expensive on the exchange due to the Dil and fleet credit costs,
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Before you ask, yes, the doffs that can spawn quantum mortars do work with the photon grenade launcher. It's great.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

blitzy4 wrote: »
    Before you ask, yes, the doffs that can spawn quantum mortars do work with the photon grenade launcher. It's great.
    Even better since it works for BOFFS and photon grenade mortar 1 is an ensign skill. All the others just have different art, but this is the only ensign boff power that makes a turret.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I saw kael in the live stream today put down the phaser or disruptor turrets and they had a design I had not seen before
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    I saw kael in the live stream today put down the phaser or disruptor turrets and they had a design I had not seen before
    Are you sure he wasn't using Terran ambush turrets?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    It may be can not find pictures

I use the ambush turrets alot they are fun only down side is they only last like 30 seconds and they have a long summon time/animation would be nice if they was instant summon as that would be closer to the show and fit the theme of being ambush turrets better.

They look like smaller phaser turrets with a shorter barrel.
    Post edited by kelador on
This discussion has been closed.