test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Retrain tokens, but hear me out.

Remove them all together, Personally its sort of annoying that you have to spend so much time in Reputation grinding, Shell out money to each toon you make but most of all, its a waste of Rep Marks and Dilithium just to get one thats Character bound not to mention you can only do this once per rep. ( If they do stay they should just which make them Account bound so you can trade them to other toons) If at all, remove them..and the option from Zen Store too, it make more sense to have to go to a specialized Officer Near the Admirals office, down at the Academy or On the Romulan Command and flotila, or Qo'nos, Hell even the Fleet base. Why not use Energy Credits to reset them. Most other MMOs do this, its about time STO did too, Its bad enough we have to buy an EC increase to hold more Credits. You know what, Each time you reset the price of EC goes up so you cant just sit there and continue to do it, then resets after 24 or 48 hours. I get that Cryptic and Perfectworld is trying to make money but 5 dollars...really? Come on developers. You already make bank once a year for Life time and not to mention Ship bundles, Lock box keys, Bridge officer bundles, EC increase, Vanity Clothes and pets. Shuttles, Titles, and so on. Yea, i know its only a few bucks and probably less then 5 but really we shouldnt have to pay to reset Skills that were freely given...Maybe im blowing this out of my rear but, Im really not happy with the fact that i got a wait a full month just to reset my skill tree and fix it the way i want. Then get mad that i did something wrong again and shuffle out another buck or two. This is the worst Microtransation on the Zen Store.

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    First of all, the Energy Credit increase is really a way for silver or F2P players to get up there with the lifetime or the grandfathered monthly players without hurting those who are lifetime/monthly. So no to getting rid of it since you would be getting rid of a perk that lifetime/monthly players get. You can always use the Dilithium/Zen exchange to convert dilithium into zen, it helps.

Just because most other MMOs do this, does not mean Cryptic must follow suit. What is wrong with 5 or less than 5 dollars? That is a bargain! According to you, it is the worst microtransaction on the Zen store, I have no problem with it.

If you had actually looked at the powers and even hovered over them with your mouse the ones that you chose, then you would not have had to reset your skill tree and fix it the way you want it in the first place.

I am not in favor of removing retrain tokens, especially since getting a free retrain token with each level up is another perk that lifetimers/monthlys have over F2P. Instead I would be in favor of F2P getting a free retrain token at the level cap of 65, having a way to get free retrain tokens from the DOFF and/or Admiralty system, etc. Besides, it is expensive to live in California, where Cryptic Studios is located. That is why they have those money generators to keep the servers going, employees paid, rent paid, etc. Now if only those pesky Akamai Technologies lag could be resolved post-haste. :(
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • trufflelink#9075 trufflelink Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    First of all, the Energy Credit increase is really a way for silver or F2P players to get up there with the lifetime or the grandfathered monthly players without hurting those who are lifetime/monthly. So no to getting rid of it since you would be getting rid of a perk that lifetime/monthly players get. You can always use the Dilithium/Zen exchange to convert dilithium into zen, it helps.

Just because most other MMOs do this, does not mean Cryptic must follow suit. What is wrong with 5 or less than 5 dollars? That is a bargain! According to you, it is the worst microtransaction on the Zen store, I have no problem with it.

If you had actually looked at the powers and even hovered over them with your mouse the ones that you chose, then you would not have had to reset your skill tree and fix it the way you want it in the first place.

I am not in favor of removing retrain tokens, especially since getting a free retrain token with each level up is another perk that lifetimers/monthlys have over F2P. Instead I would be in favor of F2P getting a free retrain token at the level cap of 65, having a way to get free retrain tokens from the DOFF and/or Admiralty system, etc. Besides, it is expensive to live in California, where Cryptic Studios is located. That is why they have those money generators to keep the servers going, employees paid, rent paid, etc. Now if only those pesky Akamai Technologies could be resolved post-haste. :(

That's issue you have to pay either way, or you're stuck having to grind, Looking and taking your time yea, but people like to explore different Skill sets, Okay lets talk about that shall we, Borderlands. Gearbox allows you to mess about with your skills test it even and run around shooting heads off, if you didn't like it the first time you can always go back to the New U Station and reset it for a fee of a few in-game currency. Note that the more you reset it the higher the price gets as a sort of in game mechanic that punishes over use of the Reset Skill option, Its sort of stupid that you're stuck having to pay for a token and even more so Grind to correct one simple mistake in Skill placement, Despite a keen eye for state detail there is always that issue of either not feeling comfortable with the skill set up or having issues with a mechanic you either don't fully understand or cant comprehend. Stop making us pay for something so simple, and make it more accessible, its a aggravating that you have to push each Reputation just to get a single Retrain token might I add, It takes forever if you don't have a subscription, let alone a Life time Sub.. So all your saying is Suck it up kid, Git Gud. Personally, what makes you think I haven't been playing this game for long?

Free Retrain Tokens are not what im proposing. Im saying stop making us pay real money for something so Miniscule. Personally all the Lifetime and Monthly subbers will still have a perk regardless. SO Yea, there is no loss or missing perk, you all get free TRIBBLE regardless. There isn't much lost to begin with, you all already get Borg and Talaxian as playable characters, on top of the many other monthy benefits . One Free Retrain token isn't going to break the benefit. If you have a Lifetime sub, I don't think you have much of a standing argument. Grinding for what I have now and how long ive played for, sort of stands to reason why Im going to argue this through my teeth till the day the decide to change that token issue.

ILL GLADLY PAY 300 DOLLARS FOR LIFETIME, But TRIBBLE paying Five dollars for a god damn Token.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User

I am not in favor of removing retrain tokens, especially since getting a free retrain token with each level up is another perk that lifetimers/monthlys have over F2P. Instead I would be in favor of F2P getting a free retrain token at the level cap of 65, having a way to get free retrain tokens from the DOFF and/or Admiralty system, etc. Besides, it is expensive to live in California, where Cryptic Studios is located. That is why they have those money generators to keep the servers going, employees paid, rent paid, etc. Now if only those pesky Akamai Technologies lag could be resolved post-haste. :(

That's issue you have to pay either way, or you're stuck having to grind, Looking and taking your time yea, but people like to explore different Skill sets, Okay lets talk about that shall we, Borderlands. Gearbox allows you to mess about with your skills test it even and run around shooting heads off, if you didn't like it the first time you can always go back to the New U Station and reset it for a fee of a few in-game currency. Note that the more you reset it the higher the price gets as a sort of in game mechanic that punishes over use of the Reset Skill option, Its sort of stupid that you're stuck having to pay for a token and even more so Grind to correct one simple mistake in Skill placement, Despite a keen eye for state detail there is always that issue of either not feeling comfortable with the skill set up or having issues with a mechanic you either don't fully understand or cant comprehend. Stop making us pay for something so simple, and make it more accessible, its a aggravating that you have to push each Reputation just to get a single Retrain token might I add, It takes forever if you don't have a subscription, let alone a Life time Sub.. So all your saying is Suck it up kid, Git Gud. Personally, what makes you think I haven't been playing this game for long?

Free Retrain Tokens are not what im proposing. Im saying stop making us pay real money for something so Miniscule. Personally all the Lifetime and Monthly subbers will still have a perk regardless. SO Yea, there is no loss or missing perk, you all get free TRIBBLE regardless. There isn't much lost to begin with, you all already get Borg and Talaxian as playable characters, on top of the many other monthy benefits . One Free Retrain token isn't going to break the benefit. If you have a Lifetime sub, I don't think you have much of a standing argument. Grinding for what I have now and how long ive played for, sort of stands to reason why Im going to argue this through my teeth till the day the decide to change that token issue.

ILL GLADLY PAY 300 DOLLARS FOR LIFETIME, But TRIBBLE paying Five dollars for a god damn Token.

I am not saying suck it up kid, get good. What I am saying is look at your skills before you put skill points into them. I never assumed how long you were playing STO, never said that anywhere in my response.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    ...Maybe im blowing this out of my rear but, Im really not happy with the fact that i got a wait a full month just to reset my skill tree and fix it the way i want.

Yep. you are.

• roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User

I am not in favor of removing retrain tokens, especially since getting a free retrain token with each level up is another perk that lifetimers/monthlys have over F2P. Instead I would be in favor of F2P getting a free retrain token at the level cap of 65, having a way to get free retrain tokens from the DOFF and/or Admiralty system, etc. Besides, it is expensive to live in California, where Cryptic Studios is located. That is why they have those money generators to keep the servers going, employees paid, rent paid, etc. Now if only those pesky Akamai Technologies could be resolved post-haste. :(

Interesting thing to me here is if you would shell out $300.00 i fail to see the need to call out a $5 or less purchase.

You can get 13 free retrains as a ftp player thru rep and if you intend on playing a toon i fail to see how this number is not some how a number that you should be able to get a setup the way you want it. And just the refined dil generated over the t6 reps not counting the income from the tfo's is more than what would be needed to get a few retrains.

I am a lifetime player so i will conceded i do not have the issue you speak of on this so i may just be ignorant of your plight in this. Even with no changes a LTS will provide you 500 zen a month that in it self could pay or provide retrains so long as you are not in such a rush to need more than one a month.

1. ("I don't think you have much of a standing argument.) 2. (Grinding for what I have now and how long ive played for, sort of stands to reason why) 3. (Im going to argue this through my teeth till the day the decide to change that token issue.")

The above copy of text is interesting. At first you decide a comment is in conflict and antagonistic to your view. Then toss in your time played as a qualification of your view. And state you are looking to argue in a hostile position with others to attain your desired results.

In the end i am not making a attack on you or your ideal. I do not enjoy the ideal of i would LTS but as i have not, its fine to remove a perk that is part of it as you have something else. You reference the borg at this part. If one is to keep removing perks as you have others. Then the end result's of this line of thought is no perks or reason for the LTS. I have no issue in removing exclusivity of items in game it has been happening for some time now. But asking for a person to pay for a perk, or exclusive items, or boost is not out of the question.

I do hope you have a nice day and fun in game.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Overall they are fine as they are since there is no reason to re-train multiple times.
    But there is an exception: if you use only one character that you want to adapt from dmg to tnk and vice-versa you will have to keep re-training often and even preset templates would help in this situation.