test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 10/31/19

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 10/31 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Well, given that this was posted:

I don't think it was completely forgotten. Just left out of the patch notes.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Resolved an issue that prevented the Polaron Beam Turret kit module from making sound when firing.

I'd suggest looking more closely at this module. It doesn't seem to fire very often, at least not as often as the phaser turrets on my Feds or the disruptor turrets on my KDF officers. Mostly, the polaron turret seems to just sit there, occasionally letting out a beam or two. Note that I'm talking about the polaron turret that came with my Jem'Hadar engineer; I have not tried other turrets on that character.

Also, the long-range attack on the Romulan flamethrower turret has extremely low damage, around a third of the damage of a regular beam turret of similar mark and rarity. When kit powers were converted into modules, there was a bug that caused all turrets to have very low damage. CrypticSpartan fixed this bug on regular turrets a while ago, but not on flamethrower turrets. As it stands, the long-range attack on the flamethrower turret is pretty useless. If the damage is going to be so low, you might as well remove the long-range attack and let us equip both a regular turret and a flamethrower turret at the same time.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    It's already active and I ran it. Won't do much good to include it in tomorrow's Patch.

When I logged off tonight the Launcher fired back up and started a pre-patch sequence.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    It's already active and I ran it. Won't do much good to include it in tomorrow's Patch.
    Yeah saw it on the loading page.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    No Hearts and Minds?
    It was patched in years ago, so no need to include it in the patch notes.

Rather frustrating though, to have this short event run on the day that the servers are offline for a few hours.
    It probably doesn't impact the US much, but it happens in the afternoon (and sometimes extends into the evening) for us in the UK & Europe which reduces our playtime.

As a terrible altoholic, I may not get through all my characters this time round - I love a challenge!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

When I logged off tonight the Launcher fired back up and started a pre-patch sequence.

Yeah, i don't understand this pre-patch, there is no mayor release in november, from what i know.. :neutral:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    gaevsman wrote: »

Yeah, i don't understand this pre-patch, there is no mayor release in november, from what i know.. :neutral:

Major code branch change. Has been on tribble the last few weeks while we have been testing it out. Alot of backend under the hood items. Basically, suspect some major shifts in the game in the future as cryptic seem to be developing or changing the code background to have themselves bette positioned for the next period of the game.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »

Major code branch change. Has been on tribble the last few weeks while we have been testing it out. Alot of backend under the hood items. Basically, suspect some major shifts in the game in the future as cryptic seem to be developing or changing the code background to have themselves bette positioned for the next period of the game.

I see, i hope they streamline the graphics code, so we finally get rid of the UI slowdown, it's not as big as in old times, but still there..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    Thanks for the fixes! Even a small amount is greatly appreciated.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Resolved an issue that prevented the Polaron Beam Turret kit module from making sound when firing.

I'd suggest looking more closely at this module. It doesn't seem to fire very often, at least not as often as the phaser turrets on my Feds or the disruptor turrets on my KDF officers. Mostly, the polaron turret seems to just sit there, occasionally letting out a beam or two. Note that I'm talking about the polaron turret that came with my Jem'Hadar engineer; I have not tried other turrets on that character.

Huh, I thought it was just me. I really noticed my Jem Engineer Captain turret not doing anything most of the time back during the Pahvo Dissension event run. I would often deploy this a lot to help me capture an area, but it would just sit there, turning at random but it never fired, except rarely. Plenty of targets in range as other non-Jem engineers would deploy theirs as well and I'd see their turrets firing while mine just sat there.

From then on, every time I've played that character, I tend to watch the turret, probably more than I should, but I think I've only seen it fire a beam a handful of times. Just figured it was a graphics issue. I've never tried a parser or anything to see if it ACTUALLY does anything, but maybe I should look into doing that. If it's not working, no point keeping it.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »

That sounds like promising work. I hope it pans-out for the better then.
This discussion has been closed.