test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning... WTH?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
So, I pick up this mission when my Klingon reaches LC10. I saw, oh cool... Efficient Impulse Engine, very nice, plus a nice mission, let's go do it.

First run, I get to Out DeWitting the Enemy and my Bridge Officer team window is missing. They beamed down with me... they just didn't want to come with me, I guess. Today wasn't a good day to die for them. :D
I submit bug report and drop the mission to pick it up later on.

Second time- I got my fresh new K'Tinga Class, kitted her out with a mountain of blue personally crafted equipment and I decide, "lets go after that Impule Engine again." Pick up the mission and head out there. This time, I get as far as Seeking a Path to Glory , where it boots me out to sector space without even an opportunity to advance the mission by destroying the DeWitt (which I read from the STO Wiki is the next step). So, I'm stumbling around the Eti Eridani sector wondering what to do next... heck I even tried to get to Sirius Sector to make a run at Sol (because getting the defense codes to Sol was the only clue I had to advance the mission). Can't go there, I don't have permission.

So, I don't know what to do now.... I can't advance the quest and I don't want to have to drop it and restart it as I'm pretty sure something -ELSE- might go buggsy with this thing later down the line.

Is anyone else having trouble with this mission? Is there I known bug about thing that i don't know about (I did search the bug reports and didn't find anything).

Please, help. I'm like to get a hold of the engine everyone seems to be raving about.
Cheers!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i've done it twice (with the same charicter) no problems either time except my allies (you'll get to this bit) hanging around a ship that cant be killed untill last bit of the mission. and you dont really need them if you can keep your shields refilling. i'd say to day is a good day to try other missions and go back l8r
    edited December 2010
    Tried this 5 times now - after getting the codes all I can do is beam out; that puts me into sector space and no feasible way of continuing...

If it wasn't for the reward I would've given up by now :/
    edited December 2010
    I'm spinnin' deuterium tanks at the same spot. No way to advance beyond getting the command codes.
    edited December 2010
    Did you folks fly up to the spsacestation after getting of the DeWitt to get the raiders as reinforcements?
    edited December 2010
    interrogate the captain until you have all the information then kill him. you should then get some sort of pop up to read, then a beam out notice. then blow the ship up and get another pop up, then fly to the station to hail for reinforcements.

i have done it several times and it all seems fine when i do it.
    edited December 2010
    Now, see I did all that ... vigorously interrogate, blood-smattering kill, twinkly beam out ... sector space. There was no opportunity to destroy the DeWitt. It just put me in sector space with no way to even get back in to destroy the DeWitt.
    edited January 2011
    Same problem - after getting the codes and bemaing to the ship I am in sector space with no way to enter Alhena again...
    edited January 2011
    I had this problem. See you, you foolish fool you, didn't press 'beam to ship' in the dialogue box. You clicked 'beam to ship' on the minimap icon.

A foolish, foolhardy mistake made by a fool. Foolishly. For you do not comprehend (With your fool's mind) the vast difference between the 'beam out' dialogue and the 'beam out' button. They may both say the same thing and usually do the same thing, but if you were less foolish than you might have known that the button is for aborting the mission, which you foolishly did like a fool's fool.

Drop the mission and accept it. Run through it again. Yes, again. Yes, the whole bloody-Imeanfoolish thing again. Reflect on your foolishness. Then be sure you use the dialogue button.

On a side note, your foolishness is slightly forgivable by the fact Cryptic forgot to put a 'continue mission' button.
    edited January 2011
    I do so hope that is sarcasm dripping from your fangs.

The only problem with the "beam out dialog/abort mission" argument is that the same button (Beam out/Abort mission by the mini-map) can be used in the same fashion on every other mission resulting in a dialog box saying, "Your mission is complete. Do you wish to depart."

That said, I thank you for the insight and will try it now.

Please Stand by.
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, that works. Thanks for the tip.

(Sidenote: How does a bloody Security Ensign held my team off for 15m. )
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, that works. Thanks for the tip.

Glad to be of service.
    (Sidenote: How does a bloody Security Ensign held my team off for 15m. )

You don't whip them enough.
    edited July 2011
    My Klingon alt got stuck on the Dewitt - he fought to engineering with his crew, cleared the Feds out, then activated the console that drops the force field ... but when he went up the ramp, the force field was still up. I couldn't interact with the console again.

I dropped and re-acquired the mission, and though I destroyed the Fed ships again and then disabled the Dewitt again, when I beamed onto the Dewitt the game somehow remembered my progress - NPCs I'd already killed were gone, the console was inactive, and the forcefield was still up (the mission was still telling me to find an active turbolift which was on the other side of the still-active force field).

I put in a bug report and filed a GM ticket, so I'm sure nothing will be done about any of this :mad:
    edited July 2011
    Yeah I have this problem as well, although it beats me why you post in this unrelated necro thread rather than the new thread i created.

I've had some of my fleet mates say it worked fine for them a few days back (ie. since S4), but I have tried many times to the same end.
    edited July 2011
    I have just tryed to do this missiong today and it want you to turn off the forcefield. I have done that and the forcefield is still there. Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong ?
    edited July 2011
    Same problem here... deactivated the forcefield, the mission objective moves to "Find an Active Turbolift", but the field is still up and console inactive. Can someone please fix this?
  • shadow4fox3shadow4fox3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Sorry for the necropost, but I too had the issue... twice in a row, but the third time I did something different.
    I'll explain what I did first, then what I did to fix it later.

Before the U.S.S. DeWitt warps in I'd clear the entire map of enemies and get the R&D anomalies.
    After getting them I go back to the station and defeat the enemies there, including the U.S.S. DeWitt when it arrives.
    Then I went through the mission as normal. However after getting the codes, you can kill the captain "John Hollingsworth" of the U.S.S. DeWitt, by closing the ops tab.
    I did that.

And when I clicked on the beamup button I'm out in sector space, and no option to re-enter the system.

I did that a second time and the exact same thing happened.

The third time however I did something totally different. I didn't go exploring and didn't get the R&D anomalies, and I did not close the OPS window that pops up after getting the codes, thus leaving "John Hollingsworth" still alive, and when I beamed out, I was in the ship in the system and had the mission to destroy the U.S.S. DeWitt.

I have also submitted a bug report, detailing what I did.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    @BADDMOONRIZIN

Nerco Alert :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    They always say "sorry for the necropost," so they know they are wrong when they do it, but they do it anyway. :unamused: /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.