test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nimbus missions

winkusdinkus#7191 winkusdinkus Member Posts: 17 Arc User
I've done the Nimbus missions on a variety of toons and would like to do this on a more recent character (TOS, Andorian). For the life of me I can't find a way to activate the Nimbus missions. They're not in my 'Available' tab nor are they in progress.

Are these missions no longer available?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    They are still there, but there are a couple of things you must do before being able to access them from the "Available" tab:
    • Reach level 65
    • Complete (or skip) everything until "Klingon War", last mission included (though, iirc, that's not skippable, but don't quote me on that)
    Also, keep in mind that the missions are not skippable the first time around and that you need to complete the entire arc before being able to replay any of them.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I think Feds can't do Nimbus till 65. Roms get it as part of their story arc, and KDF do get it in available early on.
    He specified that the character is a TOS one, hence why I put in the "reach level 65" clause.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • winkusdinkus#7191 winkusdinkus Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Thanks for the info.
    You're welcome :D​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I have done the Nimbus missions recently on a few Fed toons well below level 65. There is a bug or other quirk of some sort that makes it available normally for some Fed and KDF characters but not all of them. There has been speculation that it requires a certain combination of Fed missions be done before it unlocks but if that is the case the exact mix is unknown.

Romulan characters can always get it as far as I have seen.

The level 65 restriction does apply to the Spectres missions though and a few others (even though Spectres does not make sense at that level).
    edited October 2019
    Well then, congratulations. You were lucky in getting this "bug" or "quirk".
    As it stands, the level 65 restriction DOES apply for Wasteland, too, not only for Spectres for most characters.
    And no, it doesn't make sense for any of them to be level-locked, non-skippable and non-repeatable until you play them all.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    I will continue to say that, I believe, removing these missions from the Mission Journal was a mistake and they need to be put back.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I will continue to say that, I believe, removing these missions from the Mission Journal was a mistake and they need to be put back.

Agreed 100%.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    1. Is the Wastelands mission arc still there (but hidden)??

We did notice that Wastelands was taken off the playable list, never came back.

2. The same thing with the Breen story arc; is it taken off, or is it "hidden" also?
    Super agreed!

@w00q Yeah, it's the same for the Breen story arc. You can find it in the Available tab. It should become available right after you finish (or skip) the Borg Advanced arc, but it may also require for you to be level 65. Or at least, that's how it was for me on all the newest characters with which I wanted to play the missions.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User

Agreed. The mission journal stream line has turned out to be a bigger pain than if they had left it alone.
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    w00q wrote: »
    1. Is the Wastelands mission arc still there (but hidden)??

We did notice that Wastelands was taken off the playable list, never came back.

2. The same thing with the Breen story arc; is it taken off, or is it "hidden" also?

Most if not all? the missions that got removed from the Episode list are still playable from the Availible list Cryptic decided to remove them from the Episode list when they was streamlining things and revamping certain arc's to make it a better experience for new players.
This discussion has been closed.