test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new animations feedback

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    What's military, para- or otherwise, have to do with anything??

I think the player is trying to make the case that with military and para-military organizations, there are standards are to be met. From walking to dress. Discipline. And that sashaying is out of place in a lot of settings where a character is representing such an organization, especially in uniform. And that it's immersion breaking to see it at Starfleet installations.

Well, Starfleet's a bit different.

What bugs ME is seeing Starfleet officers SALUTING....UGH.

I like when Starfleet officers salute me. I miss when you went to get your promotion and you were formally recognized by Starfleet officers after you got it. That part does not exist on the new ESD.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • I had actually wondered about this myself as all my Captains are female. And, As a Female in RL I have to agree with everyone here the default for the run and jog are just so wrong now. No girl runs like that. Just my 2 Cents.

Really loving the new content by the way. Great job on everything except for the female run/jog. :)
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Could be worse. *cough* Andromeda *cough*
    giphy.gif
    HZ9N1m.gif
    Rq9zqLP.gif

But if they do tweak them I hope they add a new stance that Killy has or update the relaxed stance to her animation.

az4870mx4cc21.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=8ab79901387cb8bbcdb98be985ebfabee9dbdd79
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    Hell, TE, I'd be happy with just getting Terran officers, or my own boffs on my Mirror Crossfield bridge!
    I need a beer.

• tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    My brother-in-law was given a unique uniform patch by his unit in Iraq. The patch is the "Airborn Bradley Driver". He got it by (1) Removing the RPM limiter in his Bradley IFV raising its speed from 40ish MPH to 80 something MPH (2) Travelling at full speed on a highway at night and failing to see a 90 degree turn ahead with a high embankment directly ahead (3) Unintentionally launching his Bradley from said embankment and burying it in the sand beyond on impact (4) Intentionally repeating this to prove to his unit how it happened.

Awesome and funny story, thank you for sharing it ^_^​​
  • kaote93kaote93 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    New cat animations! They look great, nice and subtle ear twitches and ponytail bobs. They are a really nice touch. I only have one complaint.

They can open their mouths now, but for Ferasans who have to have the fangs, they are anchored to the lower lip. This is noticeable in animations like Talk and especially Yell. It looks really bad. If the could attach the fangs to the upper part of the mouth instead it would be perfect.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Any upcoming fixes for the female walk. It would be nice if they put in the "known bugs" section of patches.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
    edited October 2019
    kaote93 wrote: »
    New cat animations! They look great, nice and subtle ear twitches and ponytail bobs. They are a really nice touch. I only have one complaint.

They can open their mouths now, but for Ferasans who have to have the fangs, they are anchored to the lower lip. This is noticeable in animations like Talk and especially Yell. It looks really bad. If the could attach the fangs to the upper part of the mouth instead it would be perfect.

Can they wear long hairstyles yet? 🤔

734756_plagueofgripes_m-ress-in-a-2370s-uniform.jpg?f1544854996
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    They have a habit of doing this. Like the mission journal. There was NOTHING wrong with it, they fixed it and in the process screwed up a bunch of different missions.
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Yeah, the new stuff’s bad... why do they have to go and fix something that is not broken?!

I hope they change their mind and put it back the way it was...

:(
    CM

They do now, they didn't before.
    sthe91 wrote: »
    If you are triggered by the Landing Page, you have problems. As for the feminine animations, they do need to be fixed.

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Any upcoming fixes for the female walk. It would be nice if they put in the "known bugs" section of patches.​​

I have this bad feeling by now that they are meant for real. Has been weeks. :(
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    I wonder if we could start a petition?

They'll never fix them. They would have to admit they broke them.

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Petitions are not allowed on the forum.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    At this point im honestly getting use to them. :/ Though I think the new animations should only be for the feminine stance. Keep all the other ones as they use to be. Dont mix match animations like it is now. Old vs new is very obvious. >.>
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
    So we make one outside the forum.
    Petitions are not allowed on the forum.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    They'll never fix them. They would have to admit they broke them.
    define broken. Is it really just that you don't like it?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    "Vulcan" stance also has a weird animation when walking. The arms straighten making it look like some sort of Frankenstein's monster walk.
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Can we have a petition about petitions? ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Well I think I switched all my characters out of the disturbing animations, so that's one way to fix the bad animations.
    Wait!!! There's a "Vulcan Stance?"
    kain9prime wrote: »
    "Vulcan" stance also has a weird animation when walking. The arms straighten making it look like some sort of Frankenstein's monster walk.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I know there's one named "Logical"
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    But if they do tweak them I hope they add a new stance that Killy has or update the relaxed stance to her animation.

az4870mx4cc21.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=8ab79901387cb8bbcdb98be985ebfabee9dbdd79
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    Ah yes, the "totally-not-gonna-backstab-you-later smug Terran witch" stance.
    That'd be a welcome addition for a store unlock, along with a "play with a dagger" stance.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    No, it's called "Thoughtful."
    I know there's one named "Logical"

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    That'd be a welcome addition for a store unlock, along with a "play with a dagger" stance.

I'd just call it the narcissist stance, myself. It would work with a couple of my characters.

That's the nice thing about these animations, they can really help show some personality for a character. I wish there were more options and they didn't effectively erase several with these awful changes.

1654ec3a2468d41c0a086777c1755858.jpg

Playing with daggers? Yes please vQTD03D.png
    7065987f80b1e83b084877193d346156a31b29b7_00.gif
    Having dagger weapon to use in combat would be swell too.
    I'd just call it the narcissist stance, myself. It would work with a couple of my characters.

That's the nice thing about these animations, they can really help show some personality for a character. I wish there were more options and they didn't effectively erase several with these awful changes.

Agreed.​​
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Having dagger weapon to use in combat would be swell too.
    ​​
    Unfortunately, the devs don't seem interested in making fun and effective melee weapons and the one time they made a cool one, not only was it technically a ranged weapon but they nerfed it to oblivion recently. And now, we're left with the Mind Meld Device unarmed as the main efficient melee "weapon".
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • testsubject228testsubject228 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    These new animations are terrible. They should revert the changes or re add the old ones as Feminine2 or somesuch.
This discussion has been closed.