test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    Yes, I also received this email.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I've been enjoying this KM event even though it doesn't really offer a challenge. It's just a nice, mostly relaxing, chore to look forward to progressing through every day. I wonder if it will be the old version of the Enter the Breach or some newer version. The Reimagined Patrols could be interesting too hopefully.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I've been enjoying this KM event even though it doesn't really offer a challenge. It's just a nice, mostly relaxing, chore to look forward to progressing through every day. I wonder if it will be the old version of the Enter the Breach or some newer version. The Reimagined Patrols could be interesting too hopefully.

Yes, it's a painless way to earn 90 marks of my choice while progressing the event and more importantly the T6 ship token.

It's not perfect: I get while they made Sompek and this can't-lose but that does also mean it's can't-win either. Everyone gets a gold star for participation.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    When they first released the revamped shortened Breach Event, I put all of my 14 Characters (at the time) through it as it was, about 8 minutes per run. As it came out about 36 days post Lukari Reputation and the Lukari Marks were availible as part of the Marks Choice, all Characters had close to 2,000 Lukari Marks when done. Way more than enough to put them through the now unlocked Reputation.

I will say, about 8 or so days in, I began to regret putting all Characters through it.

This time, I will put my Discovery Character through it first, and if they use the Featured TFO Token buyout like Kobayashi, I will buy it out immediately and switch to other Characters for the Bonus Dilitium. The Discovery Character has 2.5 million Unrefined Dilitium already.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    hmmm how many patrols do you need to do for credit? they did the breach recently as well... still not finish with revamping the mirror incursion? or cycle in the crystal entity instead...
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Lets hope it's not extenuating as the last one, this KM had been good so far, i do the event and have a lot of time to do other things, so i'm quite happy with things right now... also, i hope i can tunr in some old tokens, still have some leftovers...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Lets hope it's not extenuating as the last one, this KM had been good so far, i do the event and have a lot of time to do other things, so i'm quite happy with things right now... also, i hope i can tunr in some old tokens, still have some leftovers...

Hm, me too... 14 to be exact. Key question, use em on Breach or wait for the third event in line? :/
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Yes, I also received this email.
    Same here and I must say, this time around the patrols option appeals to me a great deal. I despise th Breach with a passion and I don't want to use my old tokens for it if I can avoid it.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, I had 60 Tokens before Kobayashi. At 14 per Event that's four Events plus 4 more days of a fifth. Then another Character can do the Event for the 21 days for the Dilithium.

Though with this Breach Event also including Patrols for progress it would seem that if they were to keep it similar to Kobayashi towards the 2,100 they are going to have to adjust the points for running the Patrols as contributing activities. With progress of 50 a day, they could keep the Featured TFO as a 50 point activity and make Patrols worth 25. This way you spend about 8-10 minutes on the TFO or 8-12 minutes on two Patrols.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    When they first released the revamped shortened Breach Event, I put all of my 14 Characters (at the time) through it as it was, about 8 minutes per run. As it came out about 36 days post Lukari Reputation and the Lukari Marks were availible as part of the Marks Choice, all Characters had close to 2,000 Lukari Marks when done. Way more than enough to put them through the now unlocked Reputation.

I will say, about 8 or so days in, I began to regret putting all Characters through it.

This time, I will put my Discovery Character through it first, and if they use the Featured TFO Token buyout like Kobayashi, I will buy it out immediately and switch to other Characters for the Bonus Dilitium. The Discovery Character has 2.5 million Unrefined Dilitium already.

The only drawback I have from running the Breach about 20 times a day(once a day per pylon) for the past years, is that every so often when I close my eyes, I still hear the peaceful crackling of electricity because someone shot at a false core.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    Another example of content that got revamped to be made much worse :( It’s a terrible design for a multiplayer map where the objective in the first section is to have 1 person in the fastest ship fly in a straight line while everyone else sits doing nothing useful.

It basically starts off as a 1 player map only with a full team of players. The original was much better as it involved the entire team and there where choices in what to do.
    ichaerus1 wrote: »

The only drawback I have from running the Breach about 20 times a day(once a day per pylon) for the past years, is that every so often when I close my eyes, I still hear the peaceful crackling of electricity because someone shot at a false core.
    I never understood why some people get upset about that and start shouting at who ever did it. It does no harm and a lot of builds cannot avoid killing it.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I despise th Breach with a passion and I don't want to use my old tokens for it if I can avoid it.
    Me too. The original Breach was OK, but every thime they've "revamped" it it it's become more stupid. First with replacing the node-destroying phase with a silly racetrack, then removing all the combat rooms inside while leaving the absolutely ridiculous teleporting magic troll crystal room. Blegh. :tired_face:
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I quite like the racetrack update...mainly as it gives my ship build that can hit almost 5k impulse a place to be useful (4678 impulse to be exact, although with the various speed enhancements since I last tested it..) - clearing the ship almost to the turn (or from one side on gon'cra to the other) in under 10s is a blast :D
    edited October 2019
    burstorion wrote: »
    I quite like the racetrack update...mainly as it gives my ship build that can hit almost 5k impulse a place to be useful (4678 impulse to be exact, although with the various speed enhancements since I last tested it..) - clearing the ship almost to the turn (or from one side on gon'cra to the other) in under 10s is a blast :D
    Sure, but it still makes no sense to have to fly all around that track instead of heading straight to the entry site, since you're not required to actually do anything along that track to gain entry.

To elaborate, in the original version the team had to go around the outside of the Fortress, in free flight not a track, and destroy it's SIF nodes to weaken it to the point where they could breach the hull and enter. But, since we can now breach the ship without weakening it first, there is no logical reason to fly around it and we should be able to just head to the entrance.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    one word (or is it two?)

Timegate.

Thats all the racetrack is - my guess is they looked at which part of the mission took the most time and so kept the worst offenders - the racetrack, the hangar (which if your team is clueless can last ages) and the troll-gerator..taking out the hull weakening part was odd (or lazy; if I recall on adv+ those emplacement nodes were broken as heck so they might've cut their losses by excising them), but to be honest I'd just to switch my speed ship to faw and continue as is as clearing the post turn area of nodes would be more than enough to complete the objective

Its why I enjoy using my plaid speed ship there as it ruins their finely planned 'metrics' as it can easily cut the average mission time by a quarter due to the initial trench run and its 300+impulse constant speed which makes the sub objectives easy to complete too (its no slouch when it comes to firepower either (if I remember to turn down my throttle to a third, lol) , just to say..my self imposed speed ship rules state it has to at least be able to complete ksa without dying or being an anchor around my teams neck) - even if its speed has earned me a -lot- of vitriol, accusing me of 'hacking' and 'teleporting' (which considering people have told me at full burst its like my ship hits warp like the Enterprise in tng techically could be true)
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    I despise th Breach with a passion and I don't want to use my old tokens for it if I can avoid it.
    Me too. The original Breach was OK, but every thime they've "revamped" it it it's become more stupid. First with replacing the node-destroying phase with a silly racetrack, then removing all the combat rooms inside while leaving the absolutely ridiculous teleporting magic troll crystal room. Blegh. :tired_face:
    Agreed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are making some changes to it this time around, even if the event one will not have them.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »

I never understood why some people get upset about that and start shouting at who ever did it. It does no harm and a lot of builds cannot avoid killing it.
    IE all builds where the weapons are set to autofire, and some of them where the build sprays death at random. IIRC the Voth ships don't respawn so once they're dead that's it and you only have 2 things to shoot at.

honestly despite being annoying, the ? core is not really a threat.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    a

IE all builds where the weapons are set to autofire, and some of them where the build sprays death at random. IIRC the Voth ships don't respawn so once they're dead that's it and you only have 2 things to shoot at.

The magic troll cores will get shot by someone or something, it's a guarantee. If not a player, then a pet, or those Fedships people "rescue."

Best just bring Science Team to clear the effect and move on.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah, It's more of an inconvenience than anything else.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg

In my build even the weapons with auto fire turned off still blow the fake cores up. If my weapons somehow don't then one of my consoles will passively blow the core up. If that fails then wingman, summons and carrier pets are still a problem. It might not be a threat but its very difficult not to blow and as it does not harm I just accept its going blow and ignore it.
This discussion has been closed.