test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boreth Two Monasteries there?

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
I have been watching ST TNG Episode Rightful Hair and the DISCO Where they went to Boreth I am thinking what if there are Two Monasteries there on the Planet one guards the Time Crystals and the other Followers of Kahless Go and Study and Meditate. The reason I think make more sense that there are two Temples is that the Time Crystals are so Powerful they must be kept Secret and Only the Emperor of the Klingons know about it. As do the Monks on Boreth and they put Taylor's Son there to be kept secret from rest of the Empire and only Vary Trusted Monks actually know about the Time Temple and care for it
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Well, I mean, it's an entire planet - you could have whole nations there that we didn't encounter in either episode...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2019
    Yea I suspect two makes sense; and agree with jonsills.
    0zxlclk.png
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    Same here We Know for a Fact that the empire is the Oldest in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants and the reason why they put there son in the Time Keeper Monetary to keep him secrete form the Empire that's what I would do in that situation.
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    It's a planet, I imagine there's thousands of temples on it.

There's some very stupid people on Reddit and Ex Astra Sciencia who seemed to be so desperate for things to hate about the newest ST series that they convinced themselves that a single temple per planet was a sensible delusion to labour under. Probably the same people who think Klingons should all look the same, dress the same, and fly a single ship class across an interstellar empire consisting of dozens of billions of lives.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    Oh I know what you mean I totally agree with you it as been establish many times though out Star Trek that each planet can have The Same Race that looks Different. Also Different Races evolve on the SAME planet Aka the Xindi!!! Reddit and Ex Astra Sciencia Are Fan Boys who sit in there mothers Basement Troll on anyone who think the other Trek Series are actually part of the Original Series I love Discovery its a Great Show and for all the Trolls out there OPEN your Damn minds and Stop living in the Past
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    ryuranger wrote: »
    Same here We Know for a Fact that the empire is the Oldest in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants and the reason why they put there son in the Time Keeper Monetary to keep him secrete form the Empire that's what I would do in that situation.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the Klingon empire is the oldest remaining nation in alpha and beta quadrants (though they are definitely one of the oldest remaining ones). The First Federation may predate them, and the Orions are very ancient as well (though I suppose it could be argued that the Fesarian isolationism and the fact that the Orions are technically in a "dark age" of lost technology and civilization could knock them out of the running).

I don't have time right now to look up the exact dates the various civilizations went into space, but Dr. Rodger Korby specialized in medical archeology and had a focus on ancient Orion sites that had more advanced medical technology than the Federation did in the 2260s. In fact, that android installation on Exo III could very well have been Orion in origin (Ruk's pale skin color could have been something intentional like Data's odd skin color or it could have originally been a blueish green that faded over time for instance, and he is built enough like some of the bigger male Orions to have been patterned from one).
    According to Memory Alpha, the Klingon Empire was founded during Earth's 9th century by Kahless; the Hur'q invasion occurred during the 14th century. The Romulans, meanwhile, fled Vulcan during the 4th century, and presumably had founded the Romulan Star Empire by sometime during the 5th, thus predating the KE. As for the First Federation, we have no information regarding its origin; there has been considerable fan-canon regarding it since, although the TOS episode "The Corbomite Maneuver" left me with the impression that Balok was long-lived, and might well be "representative" of a government that no longer existed (your mileage may vary, obviously - that was just the impression I was left with at the time).

We know that the Orions once had a large interstellar presence, but that empire (or whatever it was ) collapsed so long ago that the ruins are of interest to many other groups, while the Gorn once had an empire that put the Klingons to shame, which also collapsed back down to the handful of worlds making up the Hegemony. We also know that Vulcan maintained a substantial trading empire of their own, although we have no idea how old it was (4th century being a lower limit, as the psychology of Vulcans before the Reformation would have precluded peaceful trading arrangements).

So no, the Klinks aren't anywhere near the oldest surviving Alpha/Beta governing body, they've just been around longer than Humans have been in space. But that applies to most of the interstellar governments, so there you go.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    Of course, as regards the Year of Kahless dating, there's one important datum we lack: Just how long is a year on Qo'noS? We're not even sure what type of star it orbits (the redness of the lighting Klingons seem to prefer leads me to believe it's probably a K-class orange dwarf star, but there's no direct information on the point of which I'm aware), much less what its orbit is like.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    Of course, as regards the Year of Kahless dating, there's one important datum we lack: Just how long is a year on Qo'noS? We're not even sure what type of star it orbits (the redness of the lighting Klingons seem to prefer leads me to believe it's probably a K-class orange dwarf star, but there's no direct information on the point of which I'm aware), much less what its orbit is like.
    Also, wouldn't dates get translated? Then again, if they get translated some of the time, but not ALL of the time...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    Also, wouldn't dates get translated? Then again, if they get translated some of the time, but not ALL of the time...

Since the perspective of Star Trek is centered around humans, then it makes sense that any dates are based around humans not Klingons, Vulcans, etc. Also, it is possible that some aliens don't use the rotation of their planet around their star to determine time, but some other method. It would be pointless for any subterranean alien race or alien races orbiting a binary or tertiary star system to use their version of years as a measurement of time.
    Depends on the orbit in the system. The planet we've detected in the 40 Eridani system, for instance, orbits 40 Eridani A; B and C would be bright in the sky, but not full suns. Also, the planet dubbed "Tattooine", orbiting a binary pair, would experience years like ours only much, much longer, as it orbits both stars in the pair. On the other hand, a species evolved on a planet with a complex orbit involving two or more "primaries", a hypothesized but not yet observed occurrence, could well need something besides "year" to measure time.

That being said, Qo'noS appears to orbit a single star; however, a date given in the "Year of Kahless" notation would be related to the orbit of Qo'noS around its sun, just as a terrestrial calendar on a theoretical Jovian station would be organized according to the length of an Earth year, not a Jovian year (which would be 12 Earth years long).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png