test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Admiral Uniform

nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
A new uniform from Star Trek: Picard was unveiled. Apparently this was Picard's uniform as an Admiral so it's an in between Nemesis and 2399 uniform. Possibly the admiralty uniform for the Lower Decks one.

Guess this will find its way into the game too. It may be a lockbox or lobi uniform though. 10 years is maybe a bit short of a time to do another time traveller faction. Maybe we'll see this time period in a storyline dealing with an aftermath of some of these events.

Either way new things are always exciting.

star-trek-jean-luc-picard-admiral-uniform.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=738&h=553
image-asset.jpeg?format=750w

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    nrobbiec wrote: »
    Maybe we'll see this time period in a storyline dealing with an aftermath of some of these events.
    STO kinda already covers a lot of the stuff Picard is doing in its storyline
    >Romulan refugees allowed in the Federation
    >Imperial Romulans experimenting with Borg tech
    >Seven of Nine and Hugh working to free Borg

Very true but I meant more so if they wanted to make a dedicated expansion to it when it comes out like they did with Discovery.

We'll probably just get a few tweaks here and there to keep things synchronised (or in case they kill Hugh or something) maybe the odd appearance by one of the new Romulans or someone from the ragtag band Picard's assembling.

Patrick Steward probably costs too much money but they could always repurpose archive audio like they did with Avery Brooks.
  • Options
    We'll probably just get a few tweaks here and there to keep things synchronised (or in case they kill Hugh or something) maybe the odd appearance by one of the new Romulans or someone from the ragtag band Picard's assembling.
    Cryptic has said they plan to do a Romulan faction mission revamp adding new cutscenes and VA. We might see some of those changes there.

I certainly hope so. Romulans are my favourite so I'm looking forward to that being made all nice and shiny the most. I'm also wondering if they're saving the rest of the Klingon War revamp so they can add something new into there too.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Cryptic has said they plan to do a Romulan faction mission revamp adding new cutscenes and VA. We might see some of those changes there.

Oh crud, this means they will redo the New Rom Intro cutscene, and make us never skip it either.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    I need that uniform in game
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Honestly it doesn't look a huge amount different from the early DS9/Voyager uniform.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    As per statement by Patrick Stewart himself he will not be wearing a uniform anytime during the Picard Series so you won't be seeing him wearing that the only time he'll be wearing uniform is in the Short Trek episode that is the prequel to the Picard series and we've already seen his uniform in that one standard TNG uniform.

Not Sir Pat himself, but the crew also said Picard wouldn't feature other TNG-era canon characters except our favorite most-British French captain. Lo and behold, suddenly, at least Frakes, Sirtis, del Arco, Spiner and Ryan are back!
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Too bad Barclay won't return.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Too bad Barclay won't return.

How do you know?

• Options
    I like the TWOK uniforms but I like the First Contact/late DS9 uniform more.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2019

I’m not that much into canon timeline stuff as I once was but aren’t those exactly the uniforms Picard should be wearing in any flashback from 2385ish? :/

Similar issues I have with the uniforms we see in the trailer for the rest of Starfleet in 2399. I don’t mind them to invent new ones in the name of higher production value but from the first look a reuse of the All Good Things/Endgame uniforms would not have been the worst call they could have made...
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I’m not that much into canon timeline stuff as I once was but aren’t those exactly the uniforms Picard should be wearing in any flashback from 2385ish? :/

Similar issues I have with the uniforms we see in the trailer for the rest of Starfleet in 2399. I don’t mind them to invent new ones in the name of higher production value but from the first look a reuse of the All Good Things/Endgame uniforms would not have been the worst call they could have made...
    I'm guessing they would have needed to recreate them. also, there's the idea that the AGT uniform was something Q created just to mess with Picard.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    also, there's the idea that the AGT uniform was something Q created just to mess with Picard.

The issue with that though is that the AGT uniforms have been seen again in DS9 and Voyager. So... there are actual timelines that use it.

2404:
    endgame_0070.jpg
    2422:
    latest?cb=20060710025523&path-prefix=en

However it would appear that the Prime Timeline doesn't adopt these uniforms or potentially won't adopt them until much later.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Or maybe Janeway's temporal shananigans had consequences? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I looked up the timeline. Ok more than a decade past since the introduction of the first contact uniforms to the happenings of the romulu’s destruction. It’s reasonable to assume than picard has an entirely other uniform then. No idea if the com-batch makes sense though. :/

As for the new Starfleet uniforms at the turn of the century, I really would have liked the Endgame ones considering the new ones don’t look objectively better at all (production value). Whatever who knows, could be that Starfleet has 2 uniforms in use much like they had for years with the TNG duty uniform and the DS9 jumpsuit. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Oh boy, did it...like giving the Federation the advantage against the Borg, for starters. And the Borg has not recovered from that tech edge. :)
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User

I’ll phaser whip the next person that says shenanigans :D
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »

I call shenanigans on that one. ;)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    shadowkosh wrote: »

I call shenanigans on that one. ;)

Takes phaser out hits you over the head lol
  • Options
    > @saurializard said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Not Sir Pat himself, but the crew also said Picard wouldn't feature other TNG-era canon characters except our favorite most-British French captain. Lo and behold, suddenly, at least Frakes, Sirtis, del Arco, Spiner and Ryan are back!

None of the producers ever said that.
    https://ew.com/tv/2019/07/18/star-trek-picard-storyline/
    “What we don’t want to do is just throw in cameos,” Kurtzman says. “There would have to be an incredibly specific story reason [for them to be there].”

Generally when you say that, it means 2 things, especially when you're going for something “He’s a lot older and we’re not shying away from that at all — we’re dealing with a man who’s in a very different place in his life”: Either "just no unless the ratings drop badly" or "eventually events will conspire to have the crew run into them for an episode".

And generally, it's something you keep as a surprise to make the impact bigger, not show the character in the second trailer saying "I help people who have no-one else to help them" while shooting and dual-wielding rifles and crying over a dead acquaintance, especially when one of the motivations of the main character is to correct an injustice.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    Telling us any such appearances would be vital to the plot. Considering the entire season was written before filming started on episode 1 they already had decided to have Data, Riker, Troi, Seven, and Hugh before that interview even happened
    You do realize you just proved my point, right?
    Of course they decided to have them before the interview where they said they weren't ruling out other TNG-era characters, but it'd need to be for and I quote again "an incredibly specific story reason". That's the whole point. The "incredibly specific story reason" just turned out to be "the main plot" from the looks of it.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    A very nice looking uniform.

Please add it to the C-store. There's already too much faction-specific stuff in the Lobi store.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.