test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cardassian questions

madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
Am I the only one who thinks its strange that cardassians don't get the soldier trait? They lived in a military dominated society. Speaking of cardassian anomalies they also have pretty strange bodies in character creator. Their shoulders have a strange slant to them and even at maxed settings they are very "thin" compared to even humans.

Their space racial seems on point though. I haven't played for awhile but it seems fairly strong. Whats the consensus on it?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Am I the only one who thinks its strange that cardassians don't get the soldier trait?

It's plausible that the Dominion ended that version of Cardassia.

Cultures can change after major events like that massacre, or a major loss in power: Japan was a militaristic empire until after World War II, then not so much.
  • madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    > @davefenestrator said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > It's plausible that the Dominion ended that version of Cardassia.
    >
    > Cultures can change after major events like that massacre, or a major loss in power: Japan was a militaristic empire until after World War II, then not so much.

That could be true but romulans have soldier and they are basically farmers now. Also starfleet humans have it and that makes it strange that starfleet cardassians wouldnt.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    Because their racial trait handles what Soldier would give them. Klingons don't have access to Soldier either, but their racial trait handles that as well.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > Because their racial trait handles what Soldier would give them. Klingons don't have access to Soldier either, but their racial trait handles that as well.

Klingons get an upgraded version of soldier. Base soldier trait is 5% all energy damage, 10% crit severity.
    Jem'hadar have engineered soldier and can still take regular soldier on top of that.

Cardassians ground trait is only resists to placate, holds/stuns,and confuse. Nothing related to soldier.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They should get the Tailor Trait. Allows you to perfectly match colors between pieces of your uniform. Also will mend any torn clothing you have. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    > @ltminns said:
    > They should get the Tailor Trait. Allows you to perfectly match colors between pieces of your uniform. Also will mend any torn clothing you have. :)

Haha I agree.

I've noticed an ancient bug with gorn weapon size still exists too. They dont scale like they are supposed to.
This discussion has been closed.