test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Playing as Terran Empire (Evil Factions)

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • saphira123456789saphira123456789 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
      edited October 2019
      (Flaming, trolling, gatekeeping comments moderated out. - BMR)
    • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
      thay8472 wrote: »
      Back to Terran Empire business ... How do you think a encounter between Leeta and Killy will go?
      They will tentatively work together to take down a common annoyance(the player) only to fail when they inevitably backstab each other.

Then Tilly goes back in time with knowledge of the future and her agony weapons? then plot twist ... Tilly is revealed to be the 'Mysterious Terran Emperor' who doesn't like Leeta? :)
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
      edited October 2019
    • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
      I see someone who's either a gaslighter attempting to impose an authoritarian viewpoint and edict on other players, while claiming they despise certain people/gaming styles, or someone trying to troll roleplayers. And a gatekeeper. All under the guise of being a good player/person. saphira, your mask is slipping, and you're getting heated over the business of other players. It would behoove you to take a powder and move on. You're already showing behavior in a fashion like those you claim to despise.
      edited October 2019
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        edited October 2019

Trying to get me kicked from the forums because you know I'm right and won't admit it?

NOW who's being a dictator?
        Oh I remember you.

You wanted to join Raven in the Mirror Wars RP Thread. Something to do with OP Dragons on Terra? I don't really pay much attention to that thread so do as you wish lol

Raven ... wipe out the Dragons!
        2gdi5w4mrudm.png
        Typhoon Class please!
        edited October 2019
        I can also withdraw that agreement (In fact I just did)
        NMXb2ph.png
          edited October 2019
          2gdi5w4mrudm.png
          Typhoon Class please!
          edited October 2019
          edited October 2019
          @baddmoonrizin ,
          can you bring some order to this mess?
          NMXb2ph.png
            edited October 2019
          • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
            edited October 2019
            Personally, I wouldn't have a problem if a Terran Empire faction or mini-faction was made. Hell, make it a recruiting event even! I would love to see that. Come up with an ISS Intrepid, ISS Excelsior or even make the ISS Enterprise a 5/3 tac warship in one incarnation or another. I imagine something like that would sell pretty well.

The problems are these:
            1. Cryptic doesn't have the staff to handle this project well
            2. Cryptic's pushing all players into playing as noblebright Dudley Do-Right characters with the story railroading. One dialogue choice, might as well be Federation Uber Alles.
            3. Cryptic's writing doesn't do anti-heroes or villainy very well. Look at the villain decay that T'Ket got hit with in that Ocean's Eleven knockoff episode, as an example. We have J'ula Whiplash that somehow time-hopped with what seems like an endless supply of millions upon millions of Klingorks and their ships. How many battle/plot objectives has Admiral Leeta actually achieved in game? Besides becoming a true firecrotch with the flame-on power.
            4. We had the death of the Foundry. And nothing of equivalent value in exchange.
            5. The powercreep balloon has grown too big. It will pop at some point. Season 13's "balance pass" was supposed to be a pressure valve that could do for being used again, but the focus is on other projects.
            6. No sense of scale, too much Rule of Cool.
            7. Cryptic doesn't handle multiple factions very well. Look at the drought at one point for Klingon content and ships, or the ballpark 2 year embargo on Romulans for more than just their ale(around 2 years between warbird releases).
            ichaerus1 wrote: »
            Personally, I wouldn't have a problem if a Terran Empire faction or mini-faction was made. Hell, make it a recruiting event even! I would love to see that. Come up with an ISS Intrepid, ISS Excelsior or even make the ISS Enterprise a 5/3 tac warship in one incarnation or another. I imagine something like that would sell pretty well.

The problems are these:
            1. Cryptic doesn't have the staff to handle this project well
            2. Cryptic's pushing all players into playing as noblebright Dudley Do-Right characters with the story railroading. One dialogue choice, might as well be Federation Uber Alles.
            3. Cryptic's writing doesn't do anti-heroes or villainy very well. Look at the villain decay that T'Ket got hit with in that Ocean's Eleven knockoff episode, as an example. We have J'ula Whiplash that somehow time-hopped with what seems like an endless supply of millions upon millions of Klingorks and their ships. How many battle/plot objectives has Admiral Leeta actually achieved in game? Besides becoming a true firecrotch with the flame-on power.
            4. We had the death of the Foundry. And nothing of equivalent value in exchange.
            5. The powercreep balloon has grown too big. It will pop at some point. Season 13's "balance pass" was supposed to be a pressure valve that could do for being used again, but the focus is on other projects.
            6. No sense of scale, too much Rule of Cool.
            7. Cryptic doesn't handle multiple factions very well. Look at the drought at one point for Klingon content and ships, or the ballpark 2 year embargo on Romulans for more than just their ale(around 2 years between warbird releases).

Same here
            NMXb2ph.png
            • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
              edited October 2019
              tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
              "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
              "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
              #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
              edited October 2019
              NMXb2ph.png
                edited October 2019
                "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
              • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
                people enslave sentient beings all the time and no one has issues with it - it's called owning pets

seriously, start using the proper term for life capable of reasoning and logic - sapience​​
                Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
                An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
                A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
                A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
                "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
                Passion and Serenity are one.
                I gain power by understanding both.
                In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
                I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
                The Force is united within me.
                edited October 2019
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p4PK1i8YJM
                He is a 'good' Terran alright. Manipulative and cunning.
              • wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
                edited October 2019
                Okay, everyone in here calm the hell down.

One, the forum has a specific rule regarding gatekeeping: you do not get to dictate to other people how they can and can't play the game beyond sportsmanship.

Two, we're not getting an official faction more "black hat" than what the Klingons get up to in their leveling missions; that was settled when the Romulan Republic was introduced.
                latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
                Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
                I think the Klingons and Terrans are close enough on the black hat scale in what they do in both the shows and games. I am not a personal fan of the Disco Klingons but apparently they eat other sentient beings, just like how most Terrans eat Kelpiens. Honestly I would rather have the space barbie (material ship pattern skins and i.s.s. prefix) rather than having to create another Fed mirror faction because in the end they would run out of unique being the bad guy missions. Like the Klingons you may start out slaughtering the Federation and their allies only to switch sides and be on the same team. But it would certainly be fun if they did do it even if I had to start from scratch.
              • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
                edited October 2019
                Well, I know for a fact that @gulberat deleted her Klingon toon and never looked back because one of the leveling missions forces you to torture a POW to death.
                "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
                — Sabaton, "Great War"
                VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
                starswordc wrote: »
                Well, I know for a fact that @gulberat deleted her Klingon toon and never looked back because one of the leveling missions forces you to torture a POW to death.

Klingons don't take prisoners generally, it's more get the intel then kill the prisoner.
                NMXb2ph.png
                • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
                  i know the mission, and unless they've changed something since the last time i played it (which was years ago, admittedly), you do NOT torture that captain to death...you torture him to a state of near-death, then beam aboard your ship and blow his up, but he does not die before that point​​
                  Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
                  An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
                  A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
                  A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
                  "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
                  Passion and Serenity are one.
                  I gain power by understanding both.
                  In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
                  I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
                  The Force is united within me.
                  edited October 2019
                  source.gif
                  Klingons sure like beating their enemies to death, shooting, decapitating and now eating them if they're hungry enough or because they're performing some ritualistic rite.
                This discussion has been closed.