test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Playing as Terran Empire (Evil Factions)

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • saphira123456789saphira123456789 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
      edited October 2019
      (Flaming, trolling, gatekeeping comments moderated out. - BMR)
      edited October 2019
      edited October 2019
    • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
      edited October 2019
    • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
      edited October 2019
      [/quote]
      How about you stop trying to be the fun police and let others play how they want?
      Simple, you don't like it, quit complaining and let others play how they want to play.
      [/quote]

I couldn't agree more. It's surprising to see some folks that equate their r/l sentiments and morals to a video game. I mean getting physically ill over the deaths of millions of innocent npc's is a little too much of a reaction since this is not really happening. The distinction between reality and fantasy should be a broad line if you expect to have fun in any game.

As far as having a Terran Faction in game I honestly don't have a problem with it. If the developers say "No, not going to happen" then ok but we all know that what is said in affirmation today could change anytime in the future.

I have played to my recollection in past games an operative for a crime syndicate boss, a thief, a super powered mutant with aspirations to subject the entire planet to my will, and an assassin. Not once have I had the notion in r/l to work for the mafia, rob people at gunpoint, try to take over the world or join a group of people with those goals or killed anyone for money or otherwise. Likewise I never lost a night's sleep after doing all those things in a game because that's just fantasy and that's where it stays.

I'm not trying to ridicule anyone who feels more sensitive about doing things that would be horrid in real life. I just think you have to look at all this with more of a balance perspective if you are going to play any game and not let it get to you so profoundly.

"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
      edited October 2019
    • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
      edited October 2019
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
      edited October 2019
      edited October 2019
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
        How about you stop trying to be the fun police and let others play how they want?
        Simple, you don't like it, quit complaining and let others play how they want to play.
        [/quote]

I couldn't agree more. It's surprising to see some folks that equate their r/l sentiments and morals to a video game. I mean getting physically ill over the deaths of millions of innocent npc's is a little too much of a reaction since this is not really happening. The distinction between reality and fantasy should be a broad line if you expect to have fun in any game.

As far as having a Terran Faction in game I honestly don't have a problem with it. If the developers say "No, not going to happen" then ok but we all know that what is said in affirmation today could change anytime in the future.

I have played to my recollection in past games an operative for a crime syndicate boss, a thief, a super powered mutant with aspirations to subject the entire planet to my will, and an assassin. Not once have I had the notion in r/l to work for the mafia, rob people at gunpoint, try to take over the world or join a group of people with those goals or killed anyone for money or otherwise. Likewise I never lost a night's sleep after doing all those things in a game because that's just fantasy and that's where it stays.

I'm not trying to ridicule anyone who feels more sensitive about doing things that would be horrid in real life. I just think you have to look at all this with more of a balance perspective if you are going to play any game and not let it get to you so profoundly.

[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

If a person wants to play 'evil' in a game, let them play evil. If they want to play goody two-shoes, let them play angelic. Somewhere in between? Have at it.

I won't lose sleep over what people want to be ingame. I roll my eyes when I see things ingame that I would never do myself, but that's as far as it goes. My mind says "If that's what floats their boat/blows their dress up....", then I go about my way.

If the PTB want to add a Terran faction, Borg faction, whatever faction, it's all good.
        Now a LTS and loving it.
        Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
        I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
        edited October 2019
      • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
        edited October 2019
        tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
        "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
        "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
        #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
        edited October 2019
        edited October 2019
        2gdi5w4mrudm.png
        Typhoon Class please!
        edited October 2019
        edited October 2019
        If I do a big bank heist on Payday 2, it does not make me want to do it in RL. If I want to play a Chaotic Neutral Terran, I will do because at end of the day, it's just a game and no one gets hurt for real.
        NMXb2ph.png
        • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
          Yeah I don't buy the MU having anything to do with A.H. Rome is much more heavily implied by Enterprise and TOS. Genocide also doesn't fit the TE given they are more than happy to enslave/subjugate aliens rather than exterminate them. Of course they will if they must, but its clearly not based on any sort of xenophobia reminiscent of A.H. but of power demonstration and punishment.

Mirror Mirror had Kirk returning from negotiations when the switch happened, and mirror Spock only ordered an attack on the aliens when Kirk told him negotiations failed. They could have simply nuked them from orbit first, but they didn't. These were a totally defenseless species as well. Fighting them would be effortless, yet they still attempted negotiation first.

I'm also baffled by the suggestion that the TE needs a form of democracy somehow. There's no evidence of it at all, nor would it serve any purpose when leaders can be quickly changed by assassination.
          edited October 2019
          2gdi5w4mrudm.png
          Typhoon Class please!
          edited October 2019
        • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
          edited October 2019
          edited October 2019
          2gdi5w4mrudm.png
          Typhoon Class please!
          edited October 2019
          NMXb2ph.png
            edited October 2019
          • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
            edited October 2019
            tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
            "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
            "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
            #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
            edited October 2019
            NMXb2ph.png
              edited October 2019
              Back to Terran Empire business ... How do you think a encounter between Leeta and Killy will go? :)

EGg9-HMx-Ws-AEC5-Qf-1.jpg
              2gdi5w4mrudm.png
              Typhoon Class please!
            This discussion has been closed.