test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hair Physics

chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
Hair physics was supposed to come in with the patch today. Am I missing something about it? Is it only for the cat races? I thought it was for all characters, and it doesn't seem to be the case.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Hair physics was supposed to come in with the patch today. Am I missing something about it? Is it only for the cat races? I thought it was for all characters, and it doesn't seem to be the case.

It seems to be only for selected hairstyles and probably even then it's rather sudtle.
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User

Only pig tail and pony tail. Cat not sure did not test.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    sarah2774 wrote: »

Ah, yes I see that now. It's not bad on the ponytails, actually! the pigtails are pretty rubber-band bouncy.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    The one hairstyle I'm wondering about right now is Ponytail 5. The one that went over the shoulder. Has that been freed from the shoulder now?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Nope, that's the single one that wasn't updated yet.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    sarah2774 wrote: »

Top knot too (yes you could argue that it's a special variant of the ponytail but still), my main character uses top knot as her main hairstyle.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Nope, that's the single one that wasn't updated yet.

Yea... noticed. That one would be nice if they let it just drop behind the back honestly. We don't have any ponytails that are bound low like Ponytail 5.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    My Human female character with Ponytail 2, Version 2.0 has awesome hair physics when running and jumping.
    My female Klingon with long braided hair still have a low texture horrible hair.
    Romulan female with Classic Short, Version 2.0 has some gentle hair movement but nothing major cause it's short.

But yeah, it looks awesome on my main char! The Human female with the ponytail, awesomeee!!! <3
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Pony tails and short shoulder length hair are the ones that get the awesome hair physics. Did the Caitians get long hair styles yet?

I do wish they gave Worf, Martok and Kurn's long hair for all Klingons (both male & female) I am sick of the low texture braided hair. They look like spaghetti and are nothing like what is seen on screen. I've seen better wigs and toupee compared to those.
    tenor.gifgiphy.gif

9bkakFz.jpgr60pFhe.png
    VS.
    260px-Martok.png?version=bd4a6d59158207ade7f467a274035103ba1ecf99131eb94ed4c9a81ab25b77ff1483631294.jpg260px-Worf.png?version=a40c67bec5d83b6ccf2e9835a90dde40

Even the Star Trek Elite Force has more screen accurate hair for Klingons.
    normal_klingonfemale2.jpg

The ridge patterns could also be improved. There not as detailed when you compare them to all those pics above. Some of them just look like empty potato foreheads.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,152 Arc User
    Going to be blunt, I'm not a fan myself. My main's hair looks so uneven now. the bangs look childish. they've disappeared and clipped through the forehead.

Here she was before

gP6735Q.jpeg

It looks messy but it fits the style i was going for with her.

This is her now.

HWdfUem.jpeg

Did somebody do a horrible bangs job while she was asleep? who butchered her hair in this way? Did a Q think it would be funny?

I know I'm being a bit over dramatic but that was the one ponytail I thought was perfect. I Hope its just a bug and gets fixed. sorry for the minirant
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Is there no older version available? I thought they kept two versions: the older hairstyles & the new ones.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,152 Arc User
    That's the same version, just with the hair physics applied. the bangs seem to fall through the forehead.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
This discussion has been closed.